Multifaction/FFA Wayne Bradierest Mafia - Game Over! Postgame Up!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hosts: UncleSam and Yeti
Number of Players: 24

24 men enter. Almost assuredly more than one man leave. But probably a lot less than 24.

READ THE RULES CAREFULLY. YOU WILL ALMOST ASSUREDLY GAIN A SIGNIFICANT ADVANTAGE IF YOU DO
Format
This is a free-for-all game. There are no teams.

Aliases
The game will be played entirely on the Smogon forum, BUT each player will have an alias assigned to them. You may post lynch votes in the Smogon thread, but the aliases of everyone who voted for the person with most votes will be revealed at the conclusion of the cycle. All abilities target aliases, not users.

Cycles
This game will take place in turns called Cycles. Each Cycle will consist of each player having the opportunity to cast a lynch vote, use both unique and universal abilities (see below), and attack another player. Cycles will generally be 48 hours long, though note that I will always state when the next cycle is scheduled to end.

The Lynch
Each cycle, each user will have the opportunity to vote for one alias they'd like lynched. To vote, make a post containing the bolded phrase "vote <alias>" or "lynch <alias>" in the thread for that cycle. At the end of the cycle, whichever alias has the most votes in their favor OR all aliases with votes totaling 40% of the remaining number of players will lose half of their maximum HP, rounded up (more on that in a bit), and will not be able to perform any abilities successfully that cycle. Note that some player's votes may be worth more than others. If there is a tie and neither has reached the 40% threshold, whichever player hit the final number of votes first is lynched. There may be abilities in this game which interact with players' votes or with the lynch itself. No lynch is not valid.

Roles
Each player will receive a PM containing their role. A role will look something like this:
"Dear <Alias>,
You are <Role Name>.

<Flavor text. This will usually be short.>

<ABILITY NAME IS CAPS> <Ability description. Note that some abilities are passive, and that some roles have more than one ability.>

Attack: <#>
HP: <#>

Group: <group name>
Targets: <target1, target2, target3, target4>

<quote from role name>"

You may not quote any part of your role verbatim except for your Role Name, HP, and Attack.

Abilities
Each role has at least one ability. Some of these are passive, whereas some require the targeting of another alias. In general, targeted abilities are used by sending the hosts a PM with some variation of the following formatting: "Cycle <#>: Target <Alias>". You may choose to not use a targeted ability by sending a PM with "Cycle <#>: Idle". Passive abilities are always on, no PM required, and cannot be disabled.

HP and Attack
In addition to abilities, each player will be able to attack one other alias each cycle. Doing so simply requires sending a PM to the hosts with "Cycle <#>: Attack <Alias>". You may choose to idle your attack. Attacking an alias reduces their HP by an amount equal to your Attack stat. When you run out of HP, you are dead. You can no longer vote in the lynch, or use abilities or attacks. In addition, dying means you have lost - dead players cannot win. However, resurrection abilities do exist in this game. You can heal HP using universal abilities (and perhaps others). Players cannot be healed above their maximum HP.

Results
At the beginning of each new cycle, you will receive a PM detailing any results you may have received from the previous cycle. Results may include, but are not limited to, the failing of your action or the blocking of your attack. If all of your targeted moves succeeded and nothing noteworthy happened to you, you will not receive a result. I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of roles that may cause dishonesty in player's results.

Winning
Each player has both a group and four targets. In order to win, you must outlive four players in your group and three players who are your targets; thus, there is no one you must outlive in order to win. If you fulfill your win condition you will immediately win and be removed from the game; revives will not revert your victory, but revives will discount prior deaths that counted towards a victory. It is possible (though quite difficult) to lose without dying yourself, so do not sit around hoping your enemies will get killed off by others. More than one player can win. Win conditions are mutual, meaning that anyone among your targets also has you among their targets. The order of targets listed in your role PM matters in determining a full win condition circle.

Universal Abilities
In addition to everything in your role, you may additionally perform two universal abilities available to all players. This is a list of all universal abilities available to players in this game. Each player can choose to perform 2 abilities of different types (so, two of Control / Info / Protective) but not two of the same type. Additionally, players can band together by sending the hosts a PM stating 'perform <action> with <alias list>' to perform stronger abilities in coordination with one another. Group abilities are quite strong and well worth finding allies, but are risky in that you must supply your alias and, if any member of a group fails to submit (or purposefully does not submit), is hooked, or is disrupted, then the group's ability fails. Note that some abilities are capable of dealing true damage, which is damage that ignores shields. The lynch is the only universally available method of dealing true damage.

Communicating With Others
While you are alive, the only methods of communication which are disallowed are those covered in the Circus Maximus rules - namely, screenshotting or screen sharing. All other methods of communication are allowed. The biggest difference in this game, however, is that all deadtalking is allowed until no more revives can be performed. Thus, dead players can make deals with living players to revive them. I suggest using the #circus channel in IRC and Discord to find players to talk to (in addition to PMs, obviously).

Priority
The term "priority" refers to the order in which actions occur. As a general rule of thumb, all actions will occur simultaneously - it is possible for two players, attacking one another, to kill each other. Neither would win in the event both needed only the other dead to win. The lynch has the highest priority in the game and occurs before all abilities unless otherwise stated by the ability itself. Other than that, priority will not be revealed to players unless specifically stated by abilities. There may be abilities which interact with priority.

Other
Telling people what kind of role you requested is not permitted. All global Smogon and Circus Maximus rules apply. The hosts reserve the right to punish anything they consider to be cheating or unfair play, regardless of whether it's covered in these rules. The hosts also reserve the right to force-sub any player they feel is not meeting an acceptable level of activity - note, however, that no forcible substitutions will occur due to poor play. Above all else, have fun and don't be a dick. It's a game, guys.

Victors: (8):
KnightsofCydonia - Ezreal - Frank Costello - Chaotic Evil - Enemy Info Immune + 1/2 All Info Immune - Won C5
MoodyCloud - Rek Sai - Max Rockatansky - True Neutral - Shield Self-Empower + Other Protection Doubler - Killed C4 - Revived C5 - Won C5

Blank Slate2356 -> zorbees - Talon - Anton Chigurh - Chaotic Evil - Solo Attack Boost - Won C5
Da Letter El - Malphite - V - Chaotic Good - Update Hijacker - Won C5

shade - Vladimir - Roy Batty - Chaotic Neutral - Tempory Immunity + Life Clock - Won C5
Cancerous - Lux - Barney Stinson - True Neutral - Force Group Collaborator - Won C5
winter-delta - Fiddlesticks - Neil Mccaulay - True Neutral - Info Immune + Group Ensured - Won C5
StevenSnype - Wukong - Robert Ford - Chaotic Neutral - 2-Cycle Copier + Vote Absorb - Won C5

Deaths: (17):
Haruno - Janna - Ada Wong - True Neutral - Multi-Disrupt / Lynch Resist / Solo Doubler - Killed C0
Dogfish44 - Lissandra - Maximus - Chaotic Good - Attack Revenger - Killed C0

Amelia - Graves - Michael Corleone - True Neutral - Offer Can't Refuse / Control Doubler - Killed C1

Walrein - Soraka - Petyr Baelish - Chaotic Evil - Backstabber / Empower Boost / Control Doubler - Killed C1

Ditto - Leblanc - Rumple Stiltskin - Chaotic Evil - Deal Maker / One-Time Break - Killed C2
Aura Guardian - Irelia - Walter White - Chaotic Neutral - 2-Cycle Forced Collaboration - Killed C2

shubaka17 - Amumu - Joker - Chaotic Evil - Chaos Stat Gain + Non-Enemy SG - Lynched C3
Former Hope - Caitlyn - Rick Deckard - Chaotic Good - Enemy Target Damager + Non-Enemy Weakened - Killed C3
Aubisio->Blazade - Master Yi - Dexter Morgan - True Neutral - Killer Bonus Damage + Solo Info Doubler + Watch and Track Immunity - Killed C3
TraceofLife->Paperblade - Taric - Clyde Shelton - Chaotic Neutral - Prediction Tactical Group + Vote Boost - Killed C3

Pidge - Kha Zix - Keyser Soze - Chaotic Evil - Unknown Identity + Info Target Immune + Stealth Voter + Control/Info Doubler - Lynched C4
Flyhn->internet - Darius - Tyler Durden - Chaotic Neutral - Mole + Stealth Mayor - Killed C4
pancake - Vayne - Vincent Hanna - Chaotic Good - Info SG Piercer + Info Burn - Killed C4
MoodyCloud - Rek Sai - Max Rockatansky - True Neutral - Shield Self-Empower + Other Protection Doubler - Killed C4

Hitmonleet - Sona - Imperator Furiosa - Chaotic Good -> True Neutral - Shield + Heal for damage taken - Killed C5

VanillishWafer - Kassadin - Rorschach - Chaotic Good - Self-Watcher + Solo Doubler - Killed C5

acidphoenix - Fiora - Rick Sanchez - Chaotic Neutral - Control Immune + Bonus Collaboration + Anti-Social - Endgame'd C5

Update List:
Game Start
Cycle 1
Cycle 2
Cycle 3
Cycle 4
Cycle 5
Game Over
Postgame

A reminder: if you'd like universal abilities to be added, you may submit requests for general ability functions during Cycle 0. The hosts will determine relevant cost and where such an idea might fit into the overall ability structure. If you submit a universal ability from here on out, the person who suggested it will be logged (username only obviously) on the below sheet.

Universal Abilities Sheet Here

It is now Cycle 0. Cycle 0 will end in 47 hours, or at 9 PM EST on Saturday, February 11th. I am open to extending another day or so if people demonstrate a need later on in the Cycle.

Role PMs going out now. Do not discuss your role in the meantime. I will post when all Role PMs have been sent out. When you receive your Role PM send me a message indicating that you have received it and let me know any thoughts or comments you have about your role. If you don't respond within 24 hours I will sub you out since activity will be imperative to winning in this game and I don't want to punish subs for volunteering.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
All Role PMs are now out. You may now discuss the game freely. Remember that you must confirm reception of your role and give me any feedback / comments you'd like to within 24 hours.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Since it was asked: there are four groups, and six members (initially) of each group. The groups are: Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, True Neutral, and Chaotic Evil. You must outlive four other members of your group to win, in addition to three of your four individual targets. You can change someone's win condition group using the 6-cost Control universal ability.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Oh and send me and Yeti any sheets (add unclesamscabin at gmail.com and bri.salvage at gmail.com, non-clickable links due to spambot concerns) and interesting logs please, as well as any updates. Aka talk to the hosts please!

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
Attention: After discussions with players Beneficial Safeguard is being nerfed. Beneficial Safeguard will now cause you to take 2 True Damage per attacker who targets you and cannot be cast on oneself three consecutive cycles.

Functionality remains the same otherwise.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
if you are looking for an alliance, contact me as well! I am pancake#6776 on discord, pancake on PS, and pancake here lol), I'd love to work together. also contact me if you aren't looking for an alliance

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yo sam said all attacks n lynches are valid so i'm gonna randvote because not lynching is gay. if this is someone i am friendly with pls inform me and i'll swap

vote janna

UncleSam

Leading this village
Attention everyone:

After consideration Harmful Safeguard now applies the same debuff that Beneficial Safeguard does, i.e. it causes anyone targeted with it to take +2 True damage per attacker. This is being done because as things stand Harmful Safeguard is quite weak and niche.

Additionally, remember that you can submit additional universal action ideas during this cycle. Think long and hard before not submitting anything because there may well be a role you'd prefer to use given your innate abilities, but if you don't submit it it simply won't exist!

Finally there's some chance of a ~16 hour extension due to a request, but you should still plan on getting actions in by deadline tonight (9 PM EST).

UncleSam

Leading this village
A reminder in case people did not read the rules: those voting for the alias with the most votes will have their aliases revealed in a list. The aliases won't be tied to users, obviously.

In case people are not READING THE RULES like they should kek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)