Washington, D.C. Area

Lets go! I'm from Northern V.A willing to go a few miles out to get some pokefun in. Also if anyone is going to Magfest this year there was a nice tournament there last year for 4th gen. Think its the weekend of January 5-9th this year, preregistration closes Dec 16th. Check the website Magfest.org

Also if anyone is going to Magfest this year there was a nice tournament there last year for 4th gen. Think its the weekend of January 5-9th this year, preregistration closes Dec 16th.
Damn! I have a conference that week. Otherwise, the Gaylord is literally just across the Potomac from me.

I'll be going to MAGFest this year and I have a couple of friends that might be interested in some battles there if anyone else is going.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I live in NC thats probably 6 hours from DC, but I love DC anyway. Id be down for some battles if it's at a convenient time. It'd be the closest to a meet up id get lol.

So it sounds like most of us are NoVa people (and our friends from Tenleytown should be no strangers to the Metro). So then the question becomes: is there anywhere in Alexandria, Fairfax or Arlington that people know of that's metro accessible and that would be willing to host a tourney?

The only place that I can think of in the area is in Rockville, about half a mile from the White Flint metro, and I haven't been there since I was a kid.

A quick yelp search also makes me think these people might be receptive to hosting: http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/

But again, I'm really hoping that one of you actually knows a place, preferably in Northern Virginia, and metro accessible by necessity.

So it sounds like most of us are NoVa people (and our friends from Tenleytown should be no strangers to the Metro). So then the question becomes: is there anywhere in Alexandria, Fairfax or Arlington that people know of that's metro accessible and that would be willing to host a tourney?

The only place that I can think of in the area is in Rockville, about half a mile from the White Flint metro, and I haven't been there since I was a kid.

A quick yelp search also makes me think these people might be receptive to hosting: http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/

But again, I'm really hoping that one of you actually knows a place, preferably in Northern Virginia, and metro accessible by necessity.
That is the clincher, finding a spot that would be receptive to hosting. Some games shops are Pokéhaters.

Probably volunteering this year at MAG so i'm super down for that shit! Pre-reg closes soon if you wanna save some money, but single day passes will be available at the door!

I'll be at the Pokemon event tomorrow and I'm at MAGFest every day until it's over, so if anyone's down to battle or something I'll be the guy with the ponytail and the Bulbasaur/Boba Fett crossover shirt and ridiculous amount of pins.

We ( myself and pokemandias) are here all weekened mostly hanging around in the game room im the black guy wearing the star wars watchmen mash up tshirt.

If anyone hosts tournaments in the MD/VA/DC area, I'll definitely go! But... I'll need someone to let me borrow a DS for the tourney and make me some Pokemon, my DS is broken but I still have my cartridge. ^^;

Well I'd only enter OU singles though, I don't know lower tiers or VGC well enough (VGC at all for that matter...) to do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)