VolTurn Immunity team by UBERPYRO

Peaked ~2250 ACRE. I used to create a lot of spike based volturn sand teams in Gen 5, but with the nerf to sand and the buff to defog, I decided to make a volturn with some immunites. Edits are in green.

At-A-Glance

Mega-Manectric

Manectric @ Manectite
Role: Volt switch/breaker
Ability: Lightningrod (Intimidate)
EVs: 160 Spd / 252 SAtk / 96 HP
Timid Nature
~ Thunderbolt
~ Volt Switch
~ Overheat
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega-Manectric is the star of my team (and his back almost looks like one). His purpose is to ware down enemies with volt switch. Mega-Manectric is the best at this because of his naturally high speed, and SpA, but mostly because of dat Intimidate. He works with Landorus and Crobat because of his weakness to ground, and he covers Crobat's weakness to electric. HP [Ice], although underwhelming this generation, is there to eliminate ground types. Overheat is one of two fire type attacks on the hole team, providing fire coverage. M-Manectric now has 160 EVs in speed to outspeed the 120/123 speed tier, with left over EVs in HP.

Scizor

Role: U-turn/breaker
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

CB Scizor provides the majority of offensive utility (if that's the right word) my team needs with a CB boosted U-turn and Bullet Punch, as well as Pursuit to trap with. Having a double weakness to fire, he can switch into Heatran for some GyaraVire shenanigan. With Scizor, we don't have to worry about certain megas sweeping this team, such as Mega-Alakazam, which dies from Bullet Punch. He also helps deal with the new fairy types. Pursuit is useful for terminating those annoying psychic types, and although not super effective, can trap ground types in an attempt to make Mega-Manectric never get stopped by a ground type and loose momentum.

Landorus-Therian

Role:U-Turn/breaker
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 Atk / 32 HP
Naive Nature
~ U-turn
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ HP [GRASS]

Although he may be the third volturn breaker in a row he is certainly not the least (see crobat lol). Providing more U-turn support (this is volturn, afterall), and more importanly, spreading that intimidate like the Black Plague makes him a priceless member of the team. He works well with Mega-Manectric, covering his weakness and making physical attackers -2 before they know it. Earthquake and Stone Edge are there for the classic EdgeQuake combo. I'm not quite sure what tier the speed EVs hit (I'm just following what the Smogon analysis said). HP [GRASS] has been added to deal with enemy gastrodon (and other ground/water types).

Gastrodon

Role: Immunity/support
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
~ Earthquake
~ Scald
~ Toxic
~ Recover

Gastrodon, part one of my immunity core is... well... immune to electric and water attacks. He soaks up water attacks launched at Heatran (or anyone else), which then gives Gastrodon a boost and makes the opponent smash his head against his desk (very effective). It walls physical attackers and cripples them with scald, or badly poisons defensive pokemon (like all those fairies buzzing around). This pokemon is good to volturn into as to take no damage from the attack while the volturn is wearing down the opponent. The mixed attacks allow Gastrodon to deal decent damage to a Pokemon by hitting then in their weak stat. Overall Gastrodon provides great utility for my team with epic typing, and burn and toxic support.

Heatran

Role:Immunity/utility
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
~ Lava Plume
~ Protect
~ Roar
~ Stealth Rock

Heatran, part two of my immunity core gives my team an immunity to fire and poison, as well as taking practically nothing from ice, bug, grass, and steel attacks. And he's specially defensive, so he sponges a lot of attacks to take some weight off the team. He provides more burn support, a phazing move, the most annoying stalling move in existance (besides substitute, that's pretty bad too), and sprays rocks everywhere. The spraying rocks everywhere is especially effective because this is a volturn team, which forces both me and my enemy to switch a lot. Which leads me on to my last pokemon...

Crobat

Role: U-Turn/breaker/utility/lead
Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 56 HP/ 200 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
~ U-turn
~ Taunt
~ Defog
~ Brave Bird

Crobat, the most versatile Pokemon on my team serves as my taunt lead, able to use it's blindingly fast speed to zip back in it's pokeball where it can hid from that big scary mega-tyranitar. He has defog, one of the most game-changing moves of Gen 6, and is why this team has immunities rather than spikers. 252 EVs in attack makes Brave Bird hurt. A lot. And it even goes through dual screens and substitutes (have fun celibi) because of infiltrator. Taunt stops set-up sweepers and utility leads. Crobat also has useful immunities to ground and toxic. I might want to switch the 252 Atk EVs to HP if you guys think that's more important. Crobat is now EVed to outspeed the 120/123 speed tier, with the leftover speed in HP.

If you want to copy and paste:
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 252 Atk / 32 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Thanks for reading, I will be looking forward to the feedback.​

Last edited:
You may want to consider Flamethrower> Overheat on M-Manectric. Due to his indecent speed and decent power M-Manectric makes a great late-game sweeper, but your ability to sweep late-game will be greatly limited by Overheat's SpA boost. Outside of sweeping Overheat does nab some OHKO's and if you find you really need the immediate power then go for it but that SpA drop rids you of most of your offensive presence for a turn, which gives your opponent some time to set up if they aren't killed.

You can also probably run slightly less speed EV's on Crobat and put them into health, outside of Crobat no base 130's see a lot of play in todays metagame, 200 EVs with a jolly nature should be sufficient since it just outspeeds 120-123 speed tier mons (Alakazam, Greninja, Tornadus-T, Noivern). This leaves you with 56 EVs to pour into health or defense depending on what you want/what minimizes SR damage.

If you're running Scarf Landorus replace Stealth Rock<Hidden Power Ice/Grass. Using a choicer to lay SR is rarely a good idea, especially when you already have a reliable pokemon to set it for you. Meanwhile HP Ice/Grass provide useful coverage depending on what type of pokemon you want to hit, I'd recommend Ice to take out Gliscor etc. but Grass deals with Quagsire, Swampert and Opposing Gastrodon who Volt-Turn really hates. Then change his Nature to Naive to hit a little harder with it.

Lastly run Earth Power>Earthquake on Gastrodon and change his nature to Bold, this one isn't a huge change or necessary but Earth Power will do a little more damage coming off his SpA stat and if you minimize attack Foul Play will be less annoying.

Thank you for your input, I changed the things you said that I liked. I'm keep Overheat because M-Manectric doesn't sweep much, he's more of an in-and-out volturn mon. I am also keeping EQ on Gastrodon because once it saved me from a mega alakazam and I realized it does more damage against Spec. Def. pokemon this way.

Once upon a time, there was a bump.

Any more advice would be appreciated guys. I managed to get the team to peak ~2250 ACRE before the ladder restart, but that means nothing with this ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)