VGC VGC 2018 Trick Room Mega Scizor

This was a random team I made and found to be pretty fun to use and also very powerful when used correctly. It was made in honor of my favorite pokemon Scizor (But, I guess for you true competitive players out there, M-Mawile is good too). So, here's what you came for, the team:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

The Mega Scizor set I'm using has maximum damage investment and minimum speed. I run swords dance to setup if I believe I can take a hit, then spam knock off/bug bite/bullet punch (If necessary). In my opinion, bullet punch > iron head only because once trick room runs out, there's virtually no hope for you without this move.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Swords Dance

Alternatively, you can run Mega Mawile to swords dance and sweep through the enemy team. If trick room runs out, you can spam sucker punch and hope for the best. All in all, it's your personal preference if you want Mawile or Scizor.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Trick Room

This Porygon-Z has a lot of utility and I would definitely use this over Porygon 2 for a few reasons. First of all, they both set up trick room well, but Porygon-Z has a high special attack stat to also deal damage once trick room is up. He has 2 possible Z-Moves, Breakneck Blitz and Z-Conversion. Z-Conversion allows you to set up and have the opportunity to become a sweeper, or use Breakneck Blitz to destroy an enemy Pokemon you see as a threat. Finally, it has access to Download which increases its damage even further.

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Recycle

This Alolan Muk is a very situational tank whose sole purpose is to tank hits and use knock off and poison jab (for those annoying fairy types). It has a Figy Berry and Gluttony, so when it goes below half it heals right back up and also has recycle to do it again. If you would like, run toxic in place of stone edge to be an amazing toxic staller.

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Discharge
- Flash Cannon
- Electroweb/Energy Ball/HP Ice

Vikavolt is an amazing pokemon destroyer with specs discharge. If you don't think you have a chance with discharge, it also has electroweb to lower the foe(s) speed (only useful when trick room ends). If you don’t like situational moves such as electroweb in this case, you can run energy ball to put an end to Mega Swampert or HP Ice to take care of Landorus. It's amazing in battle and I bring it almost every time, the only problem is it is hard countered by the ever abundant Landorus-T (Unless you have HP Ice).

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance/Brick Break

Alolan Marowak is priceless on this team and I don't know what I would do without it. Marowak is the perfect partner for Vikavolt. He's able to sap up the discharge and Vikavolt is able to levitate above Marowak's earthquake. Also, thick club doubles its attack making it a potent sweeper under trick room. Finally, it has Swords Dance to further its already great damage even more or brick break to destroy aurora veil based teams.

Togekiss @ Iron Ball
Ability: Serene Grace
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Follow Me

Last, but certainly not least is Togekiss. It has many uses, the first of which includes follow me if you want to help Porygon-Z set up at the start of the battle. Also, the main reason I (and everyone else in competitive Pokemon who uses Togekiss on their team for), the ever annoying air slash, serene grace, and nasty plot combination. It has STAB dazzling gleam to deal good damage to both opposing Pokemon. Finally, I run iron ball to half its speed to be faster under trick room (this comes in clutch more than you would think).

Overall, I love using this team and I hope you guys enjoy it as well! Later on as I get higher on the ladder, I will post some replays of me using this team! If you have any questions or comments, please mention it below and I will try to respond as soon as possible. Have a great day! :D

Last edited:
This team, while good in theory, has many issues in practical use. I wish you the best, and hope my edits can help.

I might not be the biggest VGC player, as my forte is Monotype and BH, but I can try.

First, about your A-Wak set- You should be running Swords Dance or Stealth Rock , as this team doesn’t have much of a problem with screens.

There is the glaring error of one setter and five abusers. The best solutions would be changing Togekiss to Cressilia, and Marowak to Mimikyu. This team really does have some niche power, but you are bringing pory-z every match, which is very predictable, especially high on the ladder. It does Counter TR very well, being able to live off the opponents, while being HO.

Next, U-Turn is better than Bug bite. Seriously, the only niche it has is taking Figy Berry off of Snorlax or Muk.

You also should add a few things for cosmetics. Using the tags [ hide=Importable ] and [ /hide ] without spaces between brackets, and replays. This allows the public to easliy use and learn about your team.

Enjoy the team, it looks good.

Hope to see you on the ladder, and happy snow day.

-Magi

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice! I think A-Wak would really benefit from the SD.

As for the second TR setter, who is a good mon for that? The reason I only have 1 setter is because you can only bring 4 Pokémon to a battle, which makes them go by really fast, sometimes even before TR runs out.

Bug bite > u-turn in this meta because bug bite has 20 more base power and I always send him out after everyone else faints, so switching isn’t necessary.

Thanks for your advice! Hopefully some of this will help on the ladder.

Last edited:
This team, while good in theory, has many issues in practical use. I wish you the best, and hope my edits can help.

I might not be the biggest VGC player, as my forte is Monotype and BH, but I can try.

First, about your A-Wak set- You should be running Swords Dance or Stealth Rock , as this team doesn’t have much of a problem with screens.

There is the glaring error of one setter and five abusers. The best solutions would be changing Togekiss to Cressilia, and Marowak to Mimikyu. This team really does have some niche power, but you are bringing pory-z every match, which is very predictable, especially high on the ladder. It does Counter TR very well, being able to live off the opponents, while being HO.

Next, U-Turn is better than Bug bite. Seriously, the only niche it has is taking Figy Berry off of Snorlax or Muk.

You also should add a few things for cosmetics. Using the tags [ hide=Importable ] and [ /hide ] without spaces between brackets, and replays. This allows the public to easliy use and learn about your team.

Enjoy the team, it looks good.

Hope to see you on the ladder, and happy snow day.

-Magi
Stealth Rock is absolute trash in VGC, but SD is a good idea for trick room. Also, Bug bite is Technician boosted, so it hits much harder than U-turn would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)