Pet Mod VaporeMons - Randbats Set Submissions Open

Dropping in real quick to remind you that this slate's playtesting roomtour will be tomorrow at 4 PM EST on DragonHeaven!

To help you teambuild with all the new stuff, I've made a couple pastes of new potential viable sets from the last two slates, which can see below:
Slate 7
Slate 8

That's all for now, see you tomorrow!
The lack of Coil Milotic here sickens and disgusts me. /s

Seriously, thanks. This is useful as someone who already managed to forget that both Blunt Force and Shield Dust won just last slate, to say nothing of Wash Away. It also means I don't "have" to be as long-winded going over the recent distribution, which like last couple of I've rather liked overall. I mean, I will be, but I don't "have" to be.

SLATE 08 DISTRIBUTED MOVES:
Brick Break:
:cinderace: FIFA Bunny didn't already have this? ...What. Was it too busy rolling around and faking an injury from High Jump Kick to ever learn it?

Psychic Fangs: Oh gods, I've become one of those people who ended up buffing :roaring moon: Moonmoon. What have I become? What's next? Accidentally buffing :sneasler: Sneasler?

Sledgehammer Blow: Ignoring the Steels who got it--R.I.P. :perrserker: Perrserker and R.I.H. :jirachi: Jirachi--and focusing on the non-Steel mons, I'm unsure which one it benefits the most (relatively speaking). I was going to say :conkeldurr: Conkeldurr, whose ugly headed self I thought got Iron Head but apparently not, as a slightly stronger alternative to Poison Jab that trades exploding :ninetales-alola: Ninetales-Alola and :mimikyu: Mimikyu for hitting Milotic only neutrally, but :crawdaunt: Crawdaunt might appreciate it more as someone who likes being able to hit Water/Fairy at least neutrally now with something besides Metal Claw (or the meme Choice Specs set that uses Sludge Bomb). Also implicitly seeing :crabominable: Crabominable on that list makes me somewhat regret not making this a Fist move, especially since :lucario: Lucario missed out. Oh well.

Desert Storm: Even with its apparent current issues, I know I'm going to forget this is a physical move tomorrow and get destroyed for it somehow despite it thus being susceptible to Intimidate and even Burn I imagine.

Dragon Rage: Of the mons who don't get STAB, ironically non-Sheer Heart now-Fairy :milotic: Milotic might use this best. That or :dondozo: Dondozo of all things just because of its sheer stupid bulk (and ignoring SpD boosts unless they're contributing to Stored Power).

Rage: Given how it has been treated over the years since like Gen 01, can you code this so :flareon: Flareon always does like double damage with this and ignores Ghost immunity unless it's :gengar: Gengar and family, Yoshiblaze? Joke aside, this might actually be nice for it with Fur Coat at least.

Latent Venom: Regenerator mons obviously make the best usage of this, with :slowking-galar: Glowking making the best of it probably since Chilly Reception is busted like that. Still, this might be nice on :okidogi: Okidogi too since it got just Parting Shot, and of the three non-Poison mons, :gliscor: Gliscor's obnoxious self can doubtless use it well since it actually doesn't have 100% Toxics for all that it hits them without fail and has STAB Earthquakes to destroy the two naturally immune types; :trevenant: Trevenant can probably use it decently even if it needs a bit of luck with Harvest and probably not in OU, and poor :pincurchin: Pincurchin still wishes it actually got Volt Switch but always wishes that anyway.

SLATE 08 ABILITIES:
Blaze / Torrent / Overgrow:
Despite not being given to any new mons, these should be good at least a few of the starters, though Blaze was ironically the one highlighted while only the other two had occurred to me. After all, Torrent boosts Snipe Shot's damage for :inteleon: Inteleon after it needed to lose Sniper, which is nice for it without necessarily outclassing...Outclass (until it somehow falls into crit range without exploding...while it Rains), and Overgrow at least benefits the similar always crit Flower Trick for the similarly frail :meowscarada: Meowscarada too.

Swarm: Probably the least impactful of all the abilities that won, which is why I'm glad it was grouped with the above, between a combination of almost everything that got it already having better abilities, having no boosting field effects like the others have Sun, Rain, and Grassy Terrain respectively, and Bug being the worst attacking type by far of the four types just boosted (and, in the case of :ariados: Ariados and :spidops: Spidops, being stuck with terrible stats). The best users are almost assuredly the ones who have U-Turn (doubly R.I.P. Ariados though that wants Battle Spines anyway), so :vikavolt: Vikavolt (and :charjabug: Charjabug) and, of all things, :scizor: Scizor seem like the best users of it at a glance since it works as a generic boosting move for the Electric/Bugs and boosts Scizor's important Bug moves besides Bug Bite while Technician also "only" really cares about Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, and the rare Dual Wingbeat as far as moves that Scizor actually uses (now that it has Knock Off again and can stop using Thief). Hmmm.... [/clearly not planning anything]

Fairy Ringer: Glad to see this went to at least some mons that can make use of the SpA boost too even if the Fairy-absorption is obviously the bigger deal here. And yeah, :umbreon: Umbreon is the biggest winner and I feel stupid for not thinking of that, probably because it actually used Synchronize unlike :espeon: Espeon's frail self, which wouldn't drop Magic Bounce for anything short of Magic Guard or Sheer Heart anyway; Fairy Ringer is definitely better for it than Synchronize though, going back to pre-Gen 06 weaknesses. I also feel dumb for not considering :breloom: Breloom as the mushroom mon in question at all, being so focused on the SpA boosting. Otherwise it's also a strict upgrade from Cute Charm for :clefable: Clefable, an interesting sidegrade that's mostly a buff for :mismagius: Mismagius (and Hand Mirror now exists anyway), and another funny defensive option for :ursaluna: Ursaluna that actually blocks Moonblast unlike that fraudster Bulletproof. A shame that we can't save :chimecho: Chimecho or :noctowl: Noctowl with basically anything we give them, but they're at least better now. (Also a bit of a shame that :flutter mane: Flutter Mane didn't get this since I really can't see that mon ever getting unbanned via a slate, especially at this point, since it would have to be gutted harder than anything else, including :spectrier: Spectrier which at least can be a package deal with buffing :glastrier: Glastrier. Then again, if there's ever a VaporeMon Ubers, it probably would have just made Flutter Mane (Hand) mirrors even more obnoxious, so meh.)

Justified: Huh. I didn't consider giving this to :charcadet: Charcadet and family at all, so that's nice. While :honchkrow: Honchkrow makes sad and affronted noises over (justifiably) not getting it, it does make sense on :corviknight: Corviknight...even if every slate I get slightly more and more "glad" that the OU meta is so bad for that thing this Gen, due almost solely to :gholdengo: Captain String Cheese, even in this Pet Mod still despite all the (implicit) buffs it's gotten between Shrapnel Shot. Mud Wash, and now this among a few other things. It has shades of :melmetal: Melmetal in the first half of Joltemons except thankfully nowhere near as strong. (Also, yeah, Justified is at least something nice for :iron leaves: Iron Leaves. Too bad poor :virizion: Virizion seems cursed whether it's fully organic or techo-organic since it gets Dark-Absorbing Justified during the same Slate where two different abilities that promote even more U-Turns to happen also won. Whoops.)

Momentum: I still don't fully understand this ability, but I also still don't fully get Counteract I'm sure, so I guess that I'll see how Momentum bodies me tomorrow in some way. At least all the mons it went to sense even if there's no saving :glalie: Glalie, especially now that :froslass: Froslass just won by herself, and even if seeing :brambleghast: Brambleghast there feels ever so slightly like a cruel joke. [/Gen 09 Sand curse continues :(] Here's hoping, if this has to exist now, it finally makes :revavroom: Revavroom worth a damn (though I doubt it).

Short of my computer or myself ceasing to (pretend to) function tomorrow, I will be around to get bodied. Should be fun. See you then.

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Roomtour was roomtour (wow!), let's see what happened!

Tour #5 - VaporeMons - Round Robin - 6 Entrants
1st
: The Damned (5-0)
2nd: HydreigonTheChild (4-1)
3rd: zxgzxg (3-2)
4th: Beaf Cultist (2-3)
VaporeMons Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Dragapult          |    9 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 1    | Kingambit          |    9 |  30.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Iron Moth          |    7 |  23.33% |  28.57% |
| 4    | Magnezone          |    6 |  20.00% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Thundurus          |    6 |  20.00% |  33.33% |
| 4    | Munkidori          |    6 |  20.00% |  16.67% |
| 4    | Kleavor            |    6 |  20.00% |  16.67% |
| 4    | Tsareena           |    6 |  20.00% |  16.67% |
| 9    | Pelipper           |    5 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Inteleon           |    5 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Basculegion        |    5 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Goodra-Hisui       |    5 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Bellibolt          |    5 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Mudsdale           |    5 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Cinderace          |    5 |  16.67% |  80.00% |
| 9    | Rotom-Wash         |    5 |  16.67% |  20.00% |
| 17   | Iron Valiant       |    4 |  13.33% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Torterra           |    4 |  13.33% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Ninetales-Alola    |    4 |  13.33% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Magearna           |    4 |  13.33% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Glimmora           |    4 |  13.33% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Ursaluna-Bloodmoon |    4 |  13.33% |  75.00% |
| 17   | Toedscruel         |    4 |  13.33% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Kommo-o            |    4 |  13.33% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Azumarill          |    4 |  13.33% |  50.00% |
| 17   | Dondozo            |    4 |  13.33% |   0.00% |
| 27   | Ogerpon-Wellspring |    3 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 27   | Gliscor            |    3 |  10.00% |  33.33% |
| 27   | Great Tusk         |    3 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Meloetta           |    2 |   6.67% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Jolteon            |    2 |   6.67% | 100.00% |
| 30   | Garganacl          |    2 |   6.67% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Iron Hands         |    2 |   6.67% |  50.00% |
| 30   | Shaymin            |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Meowscarada        |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Florges            |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Clefable           |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Clodsire           |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Blissey            |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 30   | Skeledirge         |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Roaring Moon       |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Slowking-Galar     |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Heatran            |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Fezandipiti        |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Slowbro            |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Tyranitar          |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 41   | Ogerpon-Hearthflame |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Ceruledge          |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Ting-Lu            |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Sneasler           |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Enamorus-Therian   |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Gholdengo          |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Corviknight        |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 41   | Volcanion          |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| 1    | Kleavor                 |    4 |  13.33% |  25.00% |
| 2    | Glimmora                |    3 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Toedscruel              |    3 |  10.00% |  66.67% |
| 4    | Bellibolt               |    2 |   6.67% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Mudsdale                |    2 |   6.67% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Magnezone               |    2 |   6.67% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Gliscor                 |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Clodsire                |    2 |   6.67% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Slowking-Galar          |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Pelipper                |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Heatran                 |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Ogerpon-Wellspring      |    1 |   3.33% | 100.00% |
| 9    | Iron Moth               |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Great Tusk              |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Rotom-Wash              |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Magearna                |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Thundurus               |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
| 9    | Tsareena                |    1 |   3.33% |   0.00% |
Some quick takeaways:
These takeaways are gonna be very quick this time around, mainly because (spoiler alert) we're gonna be talking a bit more about what we've learned recently later, but basically this tournament was dominated by two things: Rain and Aurora Veil. The Damned had an impressive undefeated run with Rain, despite using a Mudsdale, thanks to the sheer power of Torrent Inteleon and Baseball Bat Basculegion. Meanwhile, HydreigonTheChild had a great run to second place with the classic formula of Aurora Veil + whatever disgusting sweepers are hot rn, particularly Double Dance Magearna and the newly discovered Swords Dance Blaze Cinderace. In other news, Magnezone has proven to be a pretty great hazard remover and pivot recently, with it gaining Rebuild (and Echo Chamber, though no one's used it) to give it a ton of longevity, and having a great matchup into the best hazard setter in the tier in Gliscor. Magnet Pull sets have even popped up a tiny bit to beat other Magnezones with Body Press. Zone's biggest weakness is definitely its 4MSS, a problem Zone has really never had, as it wants Volt Switch/Rapid Spin/Rebuild/Body Press/Steel STAB/Thunderbolt all the same time, not to mention more niche options in Iron Defense and Thunder Wave. Lastly, Beaf tried using Stall but Stall is very very bad.

That's all for now. We won't open up Slate 9 quite yet, so stay tuned for updates on that. See you soon!

Yoshiblaze

ye
I'mma just get right to the chase and post the image

On The Radar!
Welcome to the second VaporeMons On The Radar! Like OU's version, this will just be a quick look at what the council is considering acting on, though in our case it would be through nerfs instead of bans (well, mostly).

:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:ursaluna-bloodmoon:
Y'know, I'm starting to understand why this thing got banned in OU with 93% in favor. If you follow OU at all, then you already know all about why Ursaluna-Bloodmoon is ridiculous, huge bulk, crazy power, crazy ability, Blood Moon, crazy typing, Calm Mind, etc. When it got banned in OU, we let it live in VaporeMons mainly because it had gotten absolutely no usage in VaporeMons before it got banned, so we figured it'd be fair to give it a chance. For awhile, Ursaluna-BM actually seems quite manageable due to the power of hazards and the number of great Fighting and Water-types we have the metagame, plus the rise of Levitate Magnezone to handle Gliscor. However, the more time went on, the more it became apparent that Ursaluna is just as unbearable as it was in OU. It's simply still super hard to KO and still has no defensive counterplay because even Levitate Magnezone drops to Blood Moon + Vacuum Wave, very much earning a spot on the radar.

:cinderace:Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow/Swarm:inteleon:
Going from something that probably should've been obvious to something that actually really caught me by surprise, we have the newly added buffs to the starter abilities (and Swarm). The buff it got was innocent enough, giving their users a passive 1.2x boost to moves of the abilities' corresponding type, then making it a 1.5x boost to all moves below 1/3 HP. However, one mon quickly showed that this buff was not quite as innocuous as it seemed, being Cinderace. Cinderace's 116/119 physical offense and insane move in Pyro Ball made it an absolute menace with Blaze, boosting Pyro Ball to a huge 144 BP. This made Cinderace a very strong Choice Band user, spamming insanely powerful Pyro Balls to its heart's content, which was already pretty hard to deal with. Then we remembered that this thing gets Swords Dance now and it became a whole different problem, with Cinderace becoming a crazy good setup sweeper thanks to the already crazy Pyro Ball and amazing priority in Sucker Punch making it so that Dragapult can't revenge kill it. Now, while this all sounds crazy because it kinda is, Cinderace wasn't super high on my radar yet because I fould super similar to the pre-existing Meloetta-Pirouette, another super fast and powerful mon with crazy STAB moves and Swords Dance. In a lot of ways, Meloetta is better in fact, with 2 crazy STABs instead of 1, higher Speed, and not getting revenge killed by Kingambit. Thus, Cinderace wasn't exactly on my radar because I figured that Meloetta-P would be a bigger priority. Then an old friend reared its ugly head again. As shown in the roomtour we had today, Torrent Inteleon takes us right back to the days of Sniper Snipe Shot Inteleon blasting through teams like a special Dracovish. Despite the significant drop in power from the Sniper Inteleon of old, Torrent still lets Inteleon do crazy things like 2HKO Blissey after Rocks in Rain (beaf's fault for not running boots, but still), and even getting a crazy roll on a Rotom, KOing it from 79%. While clearly less broken than it was in the past, this insane power in combination with the crimes already committed by Cinderace has made the possibility of nerfing the Blaze clones very significantly more likely, though considering how new this issue is we could be jumping the gun.

:magearna:Magearna:magearna:
Magearna being a potentially broken setup sweeper is never really a surprise. Despite losing so many of the tools that made it so broken over the last couple generations, Magearna is still one of the scariest things to play against in the metagame. While stuff like Assault Vest and Specs are plenty powerful, they are very manageable and even healthy. But, on the flip side, Agility + Calm Mind Double Dance sets has been shown to be increasingly hard to deal with over the last few days. Magearna's bulk makes it pretty easy to set up, especially behind screens, and Tie-Dye Band + the perfect coverage of Thunderbolt and Ice Beam lets Magearna very easily hit most of the metagame for huge damage. From there, it just needs 1 KO to usually end the game on the spot. Even if you think of using the still pretty meh Heatran to try to deal with it, recent Focus Blast variants easily destroy it. Now, it certainly isn't impossible to stop Magearna despite how crazy it is, but its presence really forces players to walk on eggshells at every step, lest the Magearna gets a kill and just wins right then and there. If action is taken against Magearna, it wouldn't get re-banned since it was a winning adjustment sub, it'd likely just lose Agility.

:roaring moon:Roaring Moon:roaring moon:
Roaring Moon makes another appearance on the radar for many of the same reasons as before. It's still a crazy wallbreaker in Snow thanks to Protostasis, which makes it pretty hard to handle sometimes because of its great Speed and respectable bulk and defensive typing. However, since then, it's only gotten buffed, receiving Knock Off and a new teammate in Ninetales-Alola from the DLC, and getting Psychic Fangs from the last slate. While not the world-ending monster I expected it to be after the DLC came out, Roaring Moons has still been a premier breaker and now setup sweeper behind Aurora Veil. In fact, while most have noted the fitting flavor and Kingambit as the reasons why they like the idea of Justified Corviknight, Roaring Moon was actually a huge reason why I gave Corv Justified, being one of the few things that can take on Moon's STABs and coverage, along with Crabominable who actually doesn't take that much from Psychic Fangs if fully defensive. Additionally, Roaring Moon does have a bit of 4MSS, needing Knock and either DDance or U-Turn depending on the set, but also wanting Outrage/Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Psychic Fangs, and Earthquake all at once. Still, Roaring Moon continues to be one of the scariest offensive mons to come up against as it's been ever since Slate 2.

:meloetta-pirouette:Meloetta-Pirouette:meloetta-pirouette:
I've already mentioned how crazy Meloetta-P is when I was talking about Cinderace, with its high Speed, great power, high powered spammable STABs, and Swords Dance making it terrifying for offensive and defensive teams alike. Additionally, it can easily beat would be Ghost-type counters thanks to the DLC blessing it with Knock Off and has an underrated Sound move immunity that keeps it safe from revenge kill attempts with Cutting Remark and other niche interactions like virtually walling Kommo-o and blocking Round pivoting. Really the main thing keeping it in check right now is in the fact that Speed Booster Iron Valiant and Dragapult are everywhere and easily revenge kill it, while Cinderace can at least Sucker Punch the latter.

:basculegion:Basculegion:basculegion:
Rain has been a hot topic for awhile with all the great offensive Water-type have in the metagame, like Inteleon, Manaphy, Palafin, and Greninja. While Inteleon has been the more overtly broken abuser in the past when it had Sniper, one constant has always made Rain into the menacing force it is, being Basculegion. Thanks to getting Ghost STAB in Choke and the item Baseball Bat, Basculegion becomes an extremely tough to deal with breaker, having to contend with the sheer power of Wave Crash in Rain, great neutral coverage in STAB Choke that also prevents walls from healing or Regen'ing off the damage, Aqua Jet to stop Kingambit's Sucker Punch, and Flip Turn to get a ton of chip damage while keeping Basculegion safe from a counterattack. There are a fair amount of good Water resists to help deal with it, like Shaymin and good number of bulky Waters, but, especially with Flip Turn, Basculegion can be pretty hard to handle over the course of a whole game.

:light clay:Light Clay:light clay:
You may have noticed that I've brought up screens a lot in this post, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise to see Light Clay on here. Screens HO is always a very volatile strategy, as simply clicking Screens or Aurora Veil and then having 8 turns to set up and sweep a team in one of 4-5 ways is always powerful. With a numerous amount of great Screens abusers, like the aforementioned Cinderace, Ursaluna-BM, Magearna, Roaring Moon, and Meloetta-P, along with other threats like Manaphy, Volcarona, Ogerpon-Wellspring or Hearthflame, and more, it could potentially be more effective to look at Light Clay rather than nerfing every single screens abuser.

:gliscor:Gliscor:gliscor:
We started with something that's exactly as it is in OU, and now we're ending with something that's exactly as it is in OU. Gliscor has been infamous this gen so far for being an insanely good Spikes setter, easily setting them up on most of the meta while very easily stay alive to set them for the entire game thanks to its amazing typing, bulk, and especially the combination of Poison Heal and Protect. Gliscor's unmatched longevity, along with the ever presence of hazard stack's best friend in Gholdengo, makes it super difficult to get rid of Gliscor's Spikes, a problem still quite present in VaporeMons despite the existence of Wash Away and Shelter. The issue with those is that most hazard removers lose 1v1 to Gliscor because of Toxic, almost always allowing Gliscor to outlast hazard removers, which is a big reason why Levitate Magnezone has shot up in usage so much. While truthfully far from the most broken thing in the post, Gliscor is most certainly the most frustrating to go up against.

So, what's next? Well, before we get on with slate 9, we're gonna have a quick community survey on all the things discussed in the post (and a couple more). This survey won't decide any immediate bans or anything, but it gives us the opportunity to hear everyone's thoughts on potentially problematic elements in the metagame, both the ones discussed here and stuff that we haven't thought of. You can find the survey in the link below:

SURVEY

After the survey ends, I'll post a quick recap and Slate 9 will (likely) begin. That's all for now, see you soon!

That's all for now, see you soon!

Just literally did the survey, which means I can actually be "concise" for once since I don't need to repeat the things I said there beyond that I really think it's Soul Heart that's why :magearna: Magearna is still predictably a problem rather than Agility (though I wouldn't mind it losing that either), which is why I bitched so much about it being unbanned when it was only "nerfed" back to Gen 07 standards...but kept Soul Heart. Reminder that Grim Neigh is just Soul Heart with a different name and also is the primary thing that makes the mon(s) it's on absolutely absurd. [/foreshadowing]

Anyway, ggs to everyone, in as much as I can say that to people for being a degenerate who used Rain Snipe Shot (again) and turned the game into an unfair FPS one because I was too lazy to finish the all :scyther: Scyther family team. Sadness.

Comments on my own team:
  1. :inteleon: Inteleon is still gross, but that's always been the case (in its looks, like :greninja: Greninja). [/shade] It's especially gross, however, with Choice Specs in Rain, and I still have a difficult time comprehending that Snipe-powered Snipe Shot (in Rain) was even more absurdly strong even with this now having another, somehow lesser Snipe Shot boosting ability in just buffed Torrent. R.I.P. Outclass after all.
  2. :pelipper: Pelipper remains always bulkier than I ever expect it to be, especially for something that almost never wants to run Boots. Wash Away is also quite nice on it.
  3. :basculegion: Basculegion(-Male) is likely a problem due to Baseball Bat as much as it is Choke, though I'll admit it's at least slightly more the latter than the former since Game Freak never gave us back a Ghost resist. Even without those though, Wave Crash in Rain just obliterates things even without Adaptability, so...uh...get good? /s
  4. :goodra-hisui: Goodra-Hisui really likes the new addition to Dragon Rage, especially since I was one of the people who had misread it (and Rage) and thought it (and Rage) only got the boost if it got hit before it used it rather than got hit during the turn at all. Given its bulk, it's probably one of the best new users of Dragon Rage, if not the best period given its other STAB naturally explodes Fairies without sharing :duraldon: Duraladon's levels of frailty on top of now it having recovery.
  5. :bellibolt: Bellibolt was Assault Vest, Volt Absorb, and only had STABs (Thunder / Flip Turn / Parabolic Charge / Wash Away), which is why it was utterly walled by Water Absorb Clodsire even knowing that would be the case since I figured "how likely am I to encounter Clodsire in this tour anyway? [Cue running into Beaf using it as my second match in an almost counter-team]." It has access to Ice Beam for Water Absorb Clodsire, but it may just not be fit for Rain teams anyway, which is fine. Served its purpose well enough I guess.
  6. :mudsdale: Mudsdale, on the other hand, almost assuredly should have been another mon--probably :iron treads: Iron Treads with Momentum since I still have no idea how ability really work yet--on this team, but for a mon that probably has no real niche in OU unless it's maybe supporting :corviknight: Corviknight with Mud Wash, it was actually surprisingly decent and definitely threw people. Shame that it can't really abuse Mud Wash itself though at present. Hmmm.... [/foreshadowing?]
I could comment a decent bit on other mons, but given the survey happened to touch on most mons or things I had any real opinion on, all I'll note is that seeing how positively the minimal changes that IceLevelIncarnate made to :magnezone: Magnezone and family have impacted it and the meta continues to make me sad that Game Freak will likely never actually improve it in such a simple way. Instead Game Freak will keep it as a currently borderline gimmick mon based around the increasingly useless Magnet Pull ability that no one likes anyway even though every generation it inevitably loses to more and more of the Steels it's "supposed" to try and almost inevitably fails to trap. It's just so damn sad.

What I answered on the form

(NEW ADDED) Magearna: Mage can be really nuts with agility + tie dye band... and guessing if its focus blast 4th or calm mind 4th can be a very dangerous game to play around... focus blast can nuke a lot of things at +0 such as heatran, a cinderace thinking its got it, or melo-p as well... This makes it much more likely to get away with sweeping games. But Light clay nerf 1st, ursaluna-bm 2nd, mage 3rd is the priority of the nerfs I want to happen

(NEW ADDED) Blaze + Clones: I would update my reasonsing since ive changed my belief on the matter... the 1.5x boost can prob be nerfed to 1.333x but i still stand by the fact that people are just shit at building .... no one builds good fire resists or there are other problems happening. I believe poor building a reason why many of us are strugglng even tho it should be perfectly fine in this meta

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen9vaporemons-901 - here i had to win a 50/50 with cind and had to put the alo to sleep to allow cind to go ham with SD

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen9vaporemons-874 - here Beebos's fire resist was a frail ceruledge which took a lot... and did a lot to kleavor which shows that it opens up teams that are weak to it due to its spammable nature

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen9vaporemons-873 - beaf has no fire resists

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen9vaporemons-868 - here it shows that even a +2 ace struggles to clean up because sucker punch isnt that strong outside of blaze... and being put into blaze isa risky maneuver that you have to take

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen9vaporemons-833 here beaf just didnt know about the threat

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen9vaporemons-881 here is just me lacking good counterplay to rain and inteleon which is my fault

The other replays are other bigger problems... like mage sweeping with tie dye, ursaluna-bm, hypnosis valiant/espartha, and veil in general

Ursaluna-Bloodmoon - Please have action on it.. its bulky, CM makes it stupid hard to kill, and sure as hell I forgot what i was gonna write. Ursaluna-bloodmoon is a toxic presence that has no defensive counterplay barring niche things like clodsire, CM blissey, and other things like taunt corviknight, switching in smth on a 50/50 (those pokemon die to bloodmoon and the only one that can do it well is inteleon, meow, and rain pokemon), butwith veil that just doesnt exist

Basculegion - I feel fine on it... I personally dont think it has been the issue... we have a lot of stuff that can handle rain like crab, tsareena, shaymin, pex, alo, etc. idt its problamatic enough to recieve the nerf. Rain is powerful but rain answers are common enough and the structure of rain itself has defensive problems to pokemon like specs pult, thundurus, melo-p, sneasler, etc.

Light Clay - I say sure why not... but either light clay or urslauna has to go first and if ursaluna goes first then maybe we should wait a bit because I feel ursaluna-bloodmoon is a pokemon that deserves to go to see how screens will adapt. Ive yet to see screen teams be nuts without it.

Gliscor - A huge problem in this meta.. it got spikes and started going to town... if only it didnt have spikes then we would be having this convo... but layering spikes on the opp, poisoning their hazard removal, and is impossible to remove them barring niche options.

Gholdengo - Idk .. i would like good as gold to not block defog but that is all it takes.. its one problem and its because we have a huge hazard problem.... I would nerf gliscor first and then see.. because smth like ting lui is much easier to pressure with a spinner instead of smth like gliscor.

Nerf blunder policy + Hypnosis... its just toxic... smth like espartha can setup, miss it, get 80 free BP on stored power and also just sleep you again with 100% acc sleep. Iron valiant can do this to late game... miss on a switch, gain +2 speed and maybe setup SD or Calm mind and do whatever you want to them.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ban Ursa. Stupid mon lol.

Rain is fine, I largely agree with everything said by HydreigonTheChild. Rain feels alot stronger due to the nature of the tournament being very favoyrable to matchup based teams, and people not really building with alot of natural Rain checks who are naturally good.

Light Clay - idc, I'd ban it so Pet Mod users learn how to build actual teams loool

Gliscor - At this point, I can't see Gliscor being that oppressive anymore, hazard control has gotten to the point where no one really cares too much anymore. It should be easier to adapt to but Pet Mod players refuse to adapt (why are yall running Rocks Garg at this point, its free Spikes stack). Stuff like Wash Out and Defog NGas Fez make it a little harder for me to think hazards are that much of an overwhelming presense for any team to handle. Unironically I think Toxic Spikes should be better than Spikes on Glisocr rn since teams have less means to combat them.

Magearna - Yeah glad the user was trying to ax Mage but unfort they didn't know Agility is a thing. Genuinely though I'd still hold out hope for Mage esp in a post Tye Dye Band meta. Id like to see more of what Magearna can do befire giving it anerf but its def a watch list Pokemon for sure.

Torrent / Blaze / Overgrow / Bad Ability - Overreaction. No well built offensive nor defensive team should be crumbling to a Cinderace. So many good fast mons, choice Scarf users, priority and Booster Energy mons exist that Ace should never be that big of a deal. Defensive teams also just should probably run a Bulky Water? The only one that has issues with Ace is Pex due to HJK and still. For Torrent, I have similar feelings though its abit more suspect since its amplified by the presence of Rain. I still don't think its too large an issue, as said before, there are way too many good SpD Water resists running around to be scared of Intel.

Meloetta-Pirouette - Named that brother S rank for a reason

Yoshiblaze

ye
Survey results time!

We had a good number of responses at 8 and they were actually super interesting, so let's get right into them!

All the piecharts with the results will be in the spoiler tag below, if you wanna know exactly what we're gonna do with the results you can skip to below the spoiler.

Mostly real GAMERS answered the survey, which is good to see as, expectedly, playing the metagame leads to you knowing the metagame better

People weren't as definitively in support of action against Ursaluna-BM as I thought they would be, but the fact that no one was against action is very telling

People do seem to be in favor of doing something about the new Blaze and friends, with a couple pretty interesting nerf suggestions to boot

People were mostly in favor of doing something about Magearna

Roaring Moon had the most votes fully against action on it and with 50% of votes being in the middle, it's clear that Roaring Moon isn't a top priority right now

People very clearly want something to be done about Meloetta-Pirouette

People are generally very in the middle on Basculegion, with also citing that the problem could be Baseball Bat instead, so we'll just keep an eye it for now

You guys really hate Light Clay lol

People were pretty split on Gliscor, which I was kinda surprised by, being tied for the most no support votes but those votes being matched by in support votes

This one surprised me even though it probably shouldn't have, but Gholdengo received just enough support for us to take a closer look at it

So, what's next? Well, before Slate 9 starts, the council will have a vote on the following things:
- :ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon (Ban or No Ban)
- :cinderace:Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow/Swarm (Nerf or No Nerf + what kind of nerf)
- :magearna:Magearna (Nerf or No Nerf + what kind of nerf)
- :light clay:Light Clay (Ban or No Ban)
- :gholdengo:Gholdengo (Ban or No Ban)

This will (tentatively) be done in 24 hours, where I'll then announce the results and then Slate 9 will begin! See you soon!

Yoshiblaze

ye
Finally coming out with the results of the council vote!

Would've happened a couple ago hours, but my 1 nap quickly turned into a 4 hour one! Oops!

In order for something to have action taken on it, it needed a supermajority (50% + 1 vote) in favor of action. Abstaining lowers the amount of votes needed for a supermajority.

Thus, the following will happen:
:ursaluna-bloodmoon:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon will be banned
:magearna:Magearna will lose Agility
:light clay:Light Clay will be banned
:blunder policy:Blunder Policy (which I forgot to mention in the community survey recap, but multiple people noted how it's kinda dumb on mons with Hypnosis like Iron Valiant and Espathra) will no longer activate when a status move misses
:meloetta-pirouette:Meloetta will lose Swords Dance

With that, Slate 9 is now open for submissions! Also, we will have a playtesting roomtour at the end of Slate 9, as we figured that having a roomtour before the last slate would help us get a more well-rounded look at the metagame before the final slate.

See you soon!

Last edited:
Name: Prescription
PP: 20
Category: Status
Type: Fairy
Effect: After one turn, cures status conditions of the pokemon
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): default for status
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :weezing-galar: :florges: :chansey: :blissey: :gardevoir: :slowbro-galar: :dachsbun::slowking: :tsareena:
Justification: This gives good cleric potential for pokemon... it can make something that hates taking status like great tusk have nothing to fear as you can use this move and bring in your pokemon to cure it on the end of the next turn

Name: Mist
PP: 30
Type: Ice
Effect: For 6 turns sets a mist up that covers the field, lowers the evasion of all pokemon by 2 stages, if its an ice type it instead gets a +1 increase to its highest stat.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): default checks for status
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :dondozo: :manaphy: :greninja: :walking wake: :weavile: :vaporeon: :florges: :slowbro: :slowking:
Justification: This gives mist an actual niche by making it have synergy with ice types, and allow for less accurate moves to shine like zap cannon, thunder, hydro pump, blizzard to be way more accurate.

Name: Astonish
Power: 85
Accuracy: 100
Category: Physical
Type: Ghost
Effect: 20% chance to lower the opponents speed. If successfully lowers the opponents speed causes them to lose 2 PP on their last used move.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Sound
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :toxtricity: :kommo-o: :cinderace: :gyarados: :salamence: :tyranitar:
Justification: This gives astonish a nice niche as a physical ghost stab esp since it has distribution to pokemon that choke doesnt. Astonish is able to be used against choice locked pokemon with a 20% chance to make them be slower and lose 2 additional PP which can be invaluable in some MU's like on low PP moves like draco meteor, overheat, close combat, etc

Name: Fissue
Power: 80
PP: 5
Type: Ground
Effect: 80 + (15 for each hazard on your side). Gets rid of your hazards afterwards if successful
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): default flags
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :tyranitar: :copperajah: :golem: :golem-alola: :dugtrio: :dugtrio-alola:
Pokemon without this move: :ting-lu: :dondozo:
Justification: This gives fissue a good use on teams where the removal is appreciated. On teams where the instant removal is valuable this can help a lot. The 5pp makes it so that you can easily stall this move out esp with smth like pressure zapdos, corviknight, moltres, etc and using it against flying types makes it so you just dont get anything from it. Fissue now gives a quick removal option for teams that desire it
Name: Crystal Body Armor
Effect: If held by diancie, it swaps its defense with its attack and boosts its speed by 1 on entrance. Ability is magic bounce
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): No
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): No
Fling Power & Effect: 100
Justification: Mega diancie literally... I feel this is an item we can introduce into te metagame... the hazard meta can be a bit of a pain and allowing some form of good magic bounce user in the meta can be a great thing esp to aggressively punish somebody like gliscor spiking. Screw hazard stack... we can at least have some form of counterplay with this

Name: Normal / Fighting / Dark / Psychic / Fairy / Dragon / Bug / Electric / Rock / Ground / Ghost / Poison / Steel / Bug / Flying / Grass / Fire / Water / Ice Gem
Effect: Powers up the first successful attack of that type by 1.4x, The item disables itself after one use.
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): Yes
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 20 & Changes the type of the opponent to match the type of gem
Justification: Gems haven't been in the game since BW... and have been severely nerfed since then. So i figured a compromise for the fact that they were all deleted and were broken in BW is that it powers it up by 1.4x aka a middle ground.

Name: King's Rock
Effect: Every 3rd successful attack guarantees a non status secondary effect will happen
Fling Power & Effect: Same effect (30 & 100% flinch)
Justification: This allows things like ancient power to be a viable strat to spam as you can plan "hey this time I will get the boost" or you can plan around a sp. def drop with earth power, def drop with crunch, etc
Name: Gourmand
Effect: On switch-in, this Pokemon's Def or Sp. Def is raised by 1 stage based on the stronger attacking stat of the opposing Pokemon
Permanent (Yes or No): Yes
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :tatsugiri: :appletun: :Dachsbun: :polteageist: :sinistcha: :tsareena::polteageist: :dondozo: :flapple: :dipplin: :veluza: :lilligant: :lilligant-hisui:
Justification: Defensive download allows them to support themselves better with this! This gives a great niche to them as being able to take hits while setting up or just being functioning defensive walls.. this can allow them to be able to 1v1 them pokemon much easier with the use of this

Name: Commander
Effect: On switch in, raises the highest stat by 1 based of the highest stat of the party pokemon that switched out
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :magneton: :slowking: :slowbro-galar: :dugtrio: :dugtrio-alola: :falinks: :wugtrio:
Justification: Gives actual use to the commander ability in singles by giving actual good utility. For ex. magneton or tatsugiri can be used with a high speed pokemon to make them blazing fast or use special attack boosts to make them strong to pressure the oppponents. While slowking and slowbro-g can be used with defensive pokemon to boost their low defense stat and increase their bulk

Name: Mirror Armor
Effect: Bounces back stat changes and secondary effects
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): Yes
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :jirachi: :iron treads: :bronzong: :scizor: :bisharp: :klefki: :revavroom:
Justification: What does this do? Well it allows counterplay to the annoying asf salt cure, burn chances from something like scald, hurricane confusions, etc. it allows them to be better defensive pokemon against such annoying moves

Name: Costar
Effect: On switch in, copies 1 stage of the opponents boosts
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :flamigo: :quaquaval: :frosmoth: :delphox: :hoopa:
Justification: This gives it a great niche in singles by allowing costar to be a great revenge killer against HO teams or sweepers by making it so you can be way more powerful against a sweeper such as swords dance meloetta, dragon dance rillaboom, swords dance iron valiant
:sm/gliscor:
Name: Gliscor
Type: Ground / Flying
Abilities: Sand Force / Exoskeleton / Poison Heal
New Moves: Defog, Dragon Dance, Desert Storm
Removed Moves: Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Justification: This allows gliscor to be more focused on being a more supporting pokemon and more tinkered to balance instead of being annoying asf. This makes it a better deffoger and roost allows it to stay healthy and pressure. SD facade and eq sets may rise up because of that and I feel this is much better for the meta instead of gliscor before. Dragon Dance also gives it another setup sweeper niche as a late game cleaner esp paired with facade + eq to hit a lot of pokemon.

This makes gliscor fit into its role like it has in SM and SS Nat dex OU where it reprised its role as a late game cleaner with SD, def utility, and utility in general with defog and stealth rocks that make it want to be used on a team.

:sm/skeledirge:
Name: Skeledirge
Type: Fire/Fairy
Abilities: Blaze / Overcoat / Unaware
New Moves: Moonblast, Peekaboo, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind
Justification: Fire/fairy is a much better typing which allows skeledirge to play around its typing much better esp using torch song and no longer toasted by knock off as easily. Overcoat is a nice thing that can give skeledirge more niches on certain teams which allow it to run diff items, yes it might be worse than unaware but it gives more item diversity than "boots the item that skeledirge runs" and can also give tera shard some actual use.

:sm/basculegion-f:
Name: Basculegion-F
Type: Water / Ghost
Abilities: Adaptability / Swift Swim / Water Veil
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Thunder, Life Dew, Dragon Rage
Justification: This gives basculegion-f a niche as a setup sweeper on balance or rain teams. With water veil you can get more subs up while setting up boosts like nasty plot, or use adaptability to be stronger with an agility boost to be able to sweep other teams easier, or even swift swim + nasty plot giving you a good niche on rain teams

:sm/tyranitar:
Name: Tyranitar
Type: Rock / Dragon
Abilities: Sand Stream / Exoskeleton / Guts
New Moves: Close Combat, Parry, Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Swords Dance, Head Smash, Outrage, Liquidation, Power Whip, Glaive Rush, Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw
Justification: This gives ttar a lot of potential with its new typing, and its new moves allow it to be a great dragon dance or swords dance sweeper esp with scale shot. New amazing dragon stab in glaive rush gives it amazing spammable options it didnt once have. With exoskeleton you are resistant to grass, and neutral to fighting and ground which are very big things ttar was concerened with in the meta, while sand stream makes it sp. def much higher and allows it to take hits and chip the opponents down, while guts with flame orb makes it a very strong breaker. Liquidation, power whip, and close combat all give it amazing coverage which it would want

Last edited:
Name: X-Scissor
Power: 35
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15
Type: Bug
Effect: Hits twice. The first hit lowers the foe's Defense by 1.
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Blade
Potential Pokémon With This Move: current distribution
Justification: inspired by joltemons crush claw. the effect itself is decently strong but xscissor being bug type should balance it out
Name: Power Spot
Effect: All attacks from every Pokemon on the field have 1.3x power while the user is active.
Permanent (Yes or No): No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :stonjourner:+ :ninetales::electrode::electrode-hisui::gengar::chimecho::spiritomb::magnezone::probopass::rotom::chandelure::vikavolt::spectrier::houndstone:(pokemon associated with magnetism and/or the supernatural)
Justification: THE glass cannon ability. either i die or you die
:sm/moltres-galar::sm/zapdos-galar:
Name: Moltres-Galar | Zapdos-Galar
Type:
Dark
Flying
|
Fighting
Flying

Abilities: Berserk / Flash Fire | Defiant / Counteract
New Moves: Rekindle, Roost, Will-O-Wisp, Focus Blast | Blaze Kick, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Parry
Removed Moves: --
Justification: made two of the galar birds better via new additions. notably, moltres gains a fire immunity + recovery for extra longevity, while zap gains new coverage and sd. idk what to do for articuno yet ;P

:sm/ambipom:
Name: Ambipom
Type:
Normal
Ground

Abilities: Technician / Pickup / Skill Link
New Moves: Tail Slap, Bone Rush, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Triple Axel, Swords Dance
Removed Moves: None
Justification: tail slap ambipom pls come home :(

:sm/mamoswine:
Name: Mamoswine
Type:
Ice
Ground

Abilities: Oblivious / Snow Cloak / Thick Fat
New Moves: Headlong Rush, Spikes, Swords Dance, Ice Spinner
Justification: im tired but i wanted to change mamo a bit since bax is now gone. the most notable things are sd, headlong, and axel, which give mamo a much needed boost in power.

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Rekindle
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane

Zapdos-Galar @ Baseball Bat
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off / Earthquake

Ambipom @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tail Slap
- Bone Rush
- Rock Blast

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Headlong Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Last edited:
most of the stuff i hated got nerfed so i need to come up with new subs lol

Name: Pipebomb
Power: --
Category:

Type:

Effect: Powders the target. If the target is still active in 3 turns, they explode (same effect as if they used Explosion).
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Ballistic, Bounce, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: WIP
Justification: delivered to your mailbox

Name: Smack Down
Power: 65
Category:

Type:

Effect: Grounds the opponent. If they would use a pivoting move this turn, that move fails.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): same as in base
Potential Pokémon With This Move: base distrib
Justification: Funny pivoting denial. Balanced by having regular priority so you've gotta run it on faster guys.
Name: Clear Amulet
Effect: If the holder's stat stages would be lowered, the attacker's stats are lowered instead.
Fling Power & Effect: same as in base
Justification: Terrible singles item, so I buffed it to be based on a better ability.
Name: Synchronize
Effect: Indirect damage dealt to this Pokemon is also dealt to the opponent.
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No (but technically yes if battle spines existed in move/item form)
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Original distrib
Justification: Was trying to think of ways to deny hazards, but honestly it'd be better to just punish the opponent for setting them, so I made this. Run Toxic Orb if fake. Also destroys Garg.
:sv/gliscor:
Type:

Abilities: Sand Force / Exoskeleton | Poison Heal
New Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: Toxic
Justification: Gliscor with a much worse defensive typing and no way of pressuring mons like Corviknight and Magnezone, making it far easier to handle defensively and to remove its hazards.

Last edited:
Name: Powder Bomb
Power: 100
Accuracy: 90%
Category: Special
Effect: Covers the target in Powder for the remainder of the turn. Pokemon adjacent to the target take damage up to 1/16 of their max. HP.
Priority: +2
Flags: Bullet, Powder
Potential Pokemon with this Move: :Bulbasaur::Butterfree: :Oddish::Paras: :Venonat::Bellsprout: :Voltorb-Hisui::Exeggcute: :Tangela: :Hoppip: :Beautifly: :Dustox::Shroomish::Budew::Burmy::Cottonee::Petilil: :Foongus::Larvesta::Scatterbug: :Flabebe: :Floette-Eternal::Cutiefly::Morelull::Gossifleur::Frosmoth::Floragato::Toedscool: :Capsakid::Brute Bonnet::Slither Wing::Poltchageist:
Justification: Right, so despite realistically only being able to be super effective against two of its three matchups, it does help block Fire-type moves, which many of the potential mons - which I've given based on the powder moves they can learn - need.

Name: Fist Bump
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 10
Type: Fighting
Effect: The user switches out, and the replacement has by 1/6th of their maximum HP restored. If the user has the Iron Fist ability, any status condition the replacement and their allies have are also cured. Fails if the user is the only Pokémon in the party that is able to battle.
Flags: Heal
Potential Pokemon with this Move: :Ledian: :Chimchar: :Pancham: :Mr. Mime-Galar: :Pawmi: :Iron Hands:
Justification: Pivot move for the punchies.

Name: Lash Out
Power: 70
Type: Dark
Effect: If the user has any negative stat changes, base power doubles.
Flags: Protect
Potential Pokemon with this Move: Current distribution
Justification: Lash Out's current criteria of having the stat drop be on the same turn is too niche, let's loosen the restraints a bit.

Name: Burning Jealousy
Power: 70
Accuracy: -%
Type: Fire
Effect: If the target has any positive stat changes, base power increases by 50% and will always inflict a burn.
Flags:
Potential Pokemon with this Move: Current distribution
Justification: Burning Jealousy's currently struggles to stand out from other special fire moves, hopefully this will improve its chances.
Name: Teal Mask | Hearthflame Mask | Wellspring Mask | Cornerstone Mask
Effect: If held by Ogrepon, changes it to Ogrepon-Teal | Ogrepon-Hearthflame | Ogrepon-Wellspring | Ogrepon-Cornerstone, changes its Ability to Embody Aspect*, the type of Ivy Cudgel to Grass | Fire | Water | Rock, and does not terastalise Ogerpon. *If my Embody Aspect sub doesn't win, instead retains Ogerpon's Ability as Defiant | Mold Breaker | Water Absorb | Sturdy, and boosts its Speed | Critical Hit Ratio | Special Defense | Defense by one stage respectively the first time it directly causes an opponent to faint.
Can be Knocked Off: No if held by Ogrepon
Ignored by Klutz: Yes
Fling Power & Effects: 60 BP, applies Forest's Curse to the target | Burns the target | applies Aqua Ring to the target | Sets up Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field.

Name: Protective Pads
Effect: Powers up moves that inflict recoil or crash damage by 10% + Protects the holder from effects caused by using contact moves.
Can be Knocked Off:Yes
Fling Power & Effects: 30 BP
Name: Embody Aspect
Effect: The first time Ogrepon-Teal | Ogrepon-Hearthflame | Ogrepon-Wellspring | Ogrepon-Cornerstone directly causes an opponent to faint, boosts its Speed | Critical Hit Ratio | Special Defense | Defense by one stage respectively. Boosts the power of its Grass- | Fire- | Water- | Rock- Type moves by 20% respectively.
Permanent: Yes
Mold Breaker: No.
Justification: Embody Aspect seems to bring back memories of Gen VIII's Intrepid Sword. Let's limit the damage it can do.

Name: Synchronise.
Effect: If the Pokemon is inflicted with a status condition, both volatile and/or non volatile, the Pokemon that inflicted the status condition will also be inflicted with the same condition, unless they are immune.
Permanent: No
Mold Breaker: No
Justification: Just a wider buff, could be troublesome, could be fun.

Name: Adrenaline
Effect: Boosts the power of the Pokemon's moves used consecutively by 20% per turn.
Justification: I'd call this Momentum, but...
Name: Ogerpon-Teal (Base) | Ogerpon-Hearthflame | Ogerpon-Wellspring | Ogerpon-Cornerstone
Type: Fairy/Grass | Fairy/Fire | Fairy/Water | Fairy/Rock
Abilities: Embody Aspect
New Moves: Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, Raging Fury, Mystical Fire, Aqua Cutter, Scald, Stone Edge, Power Gem
Removed Moves: Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed, Encore, Stomping Tantrum
Justification: What if Ogerpon couldn't tera and was less leafy?

Last edited:
Name: Boulder Crash
Power: 130
Accuracy: 90
Type: Rock
Effect: The user leaps into the air and crashes down onto the target like a boulder. If the attack misses, the user takes damage equal to half of its maximum HP. (Rock-type version of High Jump Kick)
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact
Potential Pokémon With This Move:

Justification:

:sm/camerupt:
Name: Camerupt
Type: Fire/Ground
Abilities: Unaware | Solid Rock | Sheer Force
New Moves
: Scald, Slack Off
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: Unaware because Numel has Simple. Sheer Force is its old Mega ability.

:sm/espathra:
Name: Espathra
Type: Psychic
Abilities: Opportunist | Frisk | Dazzling
New Moves
: Future Sight
Justification: My idea for nerfing this thing is to simply take Speed Boost away from it. It instead gets Dazzling to block priority. I considered Queenly Majesty, but Espathra can be male (despite being based on Cleopatra), so I gave it Dazzling, which does the same thing.

:sm/darkrai:
Name: Darkrai
Type: Dark
Abilities: Defeatist
New Moves
: N/A
Justification: Nerfing Darkrai by giving it a shit ability

Name: Gale Force
Effect: The user's wind moves have their power boosted by 50%.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability:
(replaces Levitate)
(replaces Pickpocket)
Justification: Wind moves should have their own boosting ability

Last edited:
Name: Diancite Stone Fragment
Effect: If held by Diancie, +1 attack, +1 sp attack, +1 speed, ability becomes magic bounce
Can be Knocked Off: No
Fling Power & Effects:
Reasoning: mbounce = mmmbased??? speed is slightly under 100 base at max speed w nature, but adds another offensive option to the meta

Name: Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm/Overheat/Tsunami
Power: 140
PP: 5 (Max 8)
Type: Dragon/Grass/Fire/Water
Effect: Lowers the users spa by 2
Flags: unchanged
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Same for Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm/Overheat. Tsunami: :blastoise: :empoleon: :samurott: :samurott: :greninja: :inteleon: :slowbro: :slowking: :milotic: :ludicolo: :gyarados: :gastrodon: :clawitzer: :rotom-wash: (hydro pump gets replaced with tsunami as its form move)
Justification: I have legit only seen Jolteon use a (non stab) -2 spa move. Let’s change that. This definitely makes rain a lot stronger breaking wise but forces an extra move on some pokemon that would rather have other slots.

Name: Ambidextrous
Effect: Can use two moves in a turn, but move power is multiplied by 50%
Ignored by Counteract: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Pokemon with two prominent hands, :ambipom: :iron-hands: :dusknoir:
Justification: we love simple iron hands !

Last edited:
Name: Root Pull
Power: 90
PP: 16
Type: Grass
Effect: 100% chance to drop speed by 1. If it hits a flying type, drops speed by 2.
Flags: Mirror, Protect,
Distribution: :rillaboom: :Zarude: :Chesnaught: :Tsareena: :breloom: :brute bonnet:
Description: Resub. If a grass type isn't Ogerpon or Meowscarada its grass type move options are honestly tragic. Root Pull is a better Seed Bomb that makes it so that usual suspects like Thundurus and Jugulis don't get free switch ins and crack your team open. F for Rillaboom.
Name: Cud Chew
Effect: If this pokémon is holding a berry, it consumes it on switch in and activates its effect. When switching out it recycles its item.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Normal Distribution + :tauros: (replaces intimidate), :camerupt: (replaces anger point)
Justification: Resub. Run sitrus berry or lum berry for inverse regen / natural cure, get free choice bands / specs / vests or even gamble with starf berry. Possibilities are near endless.

Name: Boommerang
Effect: If this Pokémon flings its item, it recovers it at the end of the turn.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :Passimian:, :zarude-dada:, :Mesprit: ,:Krookodile:, :Weavile:, :sneasler:,
Justification: Humorous ability. Whatever gets it either gets to get a decent dark type move as a stab or coverage, or use it for more nefarious means like with Light Ball.
:sm/gliscor:
Type: Ground / Flying
Abilities: Sand Force / Exoskeleton / Purifying Salt
New Moves: Defog, Dragon Dance, Desert Storm
Justification: If Gliscor were to have the ability "Purifying Salt" instead of Poison Heal, it would experience a shift in its strategic capabilities. Here are some potential benefits of this new ability:

1. Immunity to Status Conditions: The most significant advantage of Purifying Salt would be the immunity to all status conditions, not just Poison. This means Gliscor would no longer be susceptible to Paralysis, Burn, Sleep, or Freeze, making it incredibly difficult to cripple with status moves.
  2. Enhanced Versatility: Gliscor's role on a team would become more versatile. Without the need to rely on the gradual healing from Poison Heal, it could invest in different moves or hold other items that could complement its offensive or supportive capabilities.
  3. Reduced Predictability: Opponents would have a harder time predicting Gliscor's strategy, as they couldn't rely on inflicting status conditions to disrupt it. This could make Gliscor even more unpredictable and challenging to counter.
  4. Status Absorption: Gliscor could potentially switch into opponents using status moves without fear of being afflicted by the condition, gaining a strategic advantage by nullifying the opponent's strategy.
  5. Toxic Immunity: While Poison Heal grants immunity to regular Poison, Purifying Salt would also protect Gliscor from the effects of the move Toxic, a common strategy used to wear down walls and tanks.
  6. Improved Team Support: Gliscor could potentially serve as a more reliable pivot or team supporter, as it wouldn't have to worry about debilitating status conditions interfering with its ability to switch in and out of battles.
  7. Status Blocking for Allies: If Gliscor is used on a team, its presence could indirectly protect its teammates from status conditions, benefiting the entire team's durability.
  8. Increased Battle Longevity: Without the need for Poison Heal's gradual recovery, Gliscor might survive longer in battles, allowing it to fulfill its role more effectively.
  9. Expanding Movepool: With the newfound freedom from status conditions, Gliscor could explore a more diverse movepool and consider moves that may not have been feasible with Poison Heal, potentially adding to its offensive or utility capabilities.
Overall, the Purifying Salt ability would transform Gliscor into a status-immune, versatile, and unpredictable Pokémon, enhancing its utility both as a tank and an offensive threat. It would likely require a strategic reevaluation of its role and moveset on a team, mostly losing its free leftovers, but it could open up new opportunities for success in battles. Yes this was done to split the vote on Gliscor Lmao

:ss/volcanion:
Name: Volcanion
Type: Fire / Water
Abilities: Water Absorb / Smelt
Added Moves
: Recover, Calm Mind
Justification: Moving into the actual subs, Volcanion is a nice special fire type with a nice typing to check a lot of the mons of the meta but is usually restricted to boots. Thanks to Smelt it now has the ability to run more varied sets, as well as serve as a better check to a lot of mons who use chisel as powerful coverage. New moves also add to its versatility and power.

:sv/gastrodon:
Name: Gastrodon
Type: Water / Ground
Abilities: Color Change / Storm Drain / Sticky Hold
Added Moves: Haze, Scald, Toxic,
Justification: Wash Away is a cringe move so I decided to buff gastrodon in order for it to become a hazard setter that is immune to Wash Away with storm drain. It does typical Gastrodon stuff but a couple of simple buffs like Scald or Toxic improve its arsenal just enough to where it can reliably come in, set hazards and do more to generate progress to its team.

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sm/articuno-galar:
Name: Articuno-Galar
Type:

Abilities: Competitive / Gale Wings(HA)
New Moves: Psycho Boost, Frost Breath, Echo Chamber, Thunderbolt, Thunder
Justification: big nuke mon with amazing priority and can finally hit steels?
:sm/kommo-o:
Name: Kommo-o
Type:

Abilities: Bulletproof / Soundproof / Battle Spines(HA)
New Moves: Shrapnel Shot, Meteor Beam, Storm Throw, Nasty Plot
Removed Moves: Belly Drum
Justification: kommo-o needs a tiny buff to get it from uubl to ou, so here it is. i removed belly drum because no one likes it
:sm/goodra-hisui:
Name: Goodra-Hisui
Type:

Abilities: Sap Sipper / Shell Armor / Overcoat(HA)
New Moves: Skull Bash, Rebuild
Justification: good special wall with a great typing and has recovery

Last edited:
Name: Pursuit
Power: 40BP
PP: 20PP
Category:

Type:

Effect: If an adjacent opposing Pokemon switches out this turn, this move hits that Pokemon before it leaves the field, even if it was not the original target. If the user moves after an opponent using Parting Shot, U-turn, or Volt Switch, but not Baton Pass, it will hit that opponent before it leaves the field. Power doubles and no accuracy check is done if the user hits an opponent switching out, and the user's turn is over; if an opponent faints from this, the replacement Pokemon does not become active until the end of the turn. (yes this is just vanilla pursuit)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Most of what got it pre-dexit (minus Bisharp because Pursuit Kingambit sounds nightmareish) + :inteleon::flapple::barraskewda::lokix::mabosstiff::grafaiai::toedscruel::revavroom::cyclizar::houndstone:
Justification: Since the removal of Pursuit, offensive Ghosts have gone kinda crazy. Bringing back Pursuit allows for these to be trapped in and taken out. FUCK gholdengo

Name: Return
Power: 100BP
PP: 20PP
Category:

Type:

Effect: No additional effect.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Everything that gets TM moves. It's Return.
Justification: we are so returned (also i think it's LAME that they cut this move. i miss my big normal type silly button)
Name: Permafrost
Effect: Water-type moves targeting this Pokemon become Ice-type. Being hit by an Ice-type attack raises this Pokemon's Defense and Special Defense by one stage.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :articuno: :glalie: :glaceon: :rotom-frost: :cryogonal: :avalugg: :avalugg-hisui:
Justification: Gives defensive Ice-types some honest to god much needed defensive utility.

Name: Carnivore
Effect: This Pokemon restores 1/2 of the damage dealt with its contact attacks.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :arbok: :arcanine: :gyarados: :mightyena: :lycanroc: :lycanroc-midnight:
Justification: funny flavour. also vapemons go one slate without more healing challenge (impossible)
:sm/gholdengo:
Name: Gholdengo
Type:

Abilities: Good As Gold
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Justification: FUCK gholdengo Jokes aside, I think a lot of the issues with Gholdengo lie with how well it compresses the role of "anti-hazard-removal" by being immune to BOTH spinning moves, as well as Defog. I didn't really want to touch its unique interaction with Defog, and Mortal Spin is on exactly One Thing, so cutting the Ghost type it is. (also Gholdengo never really read as a ghost to me, but he IS literally made of metal, so.) Should still be very good on hazard stack for being able to block Defog entirely, but its less good offensive and defensive typing means it's not quite as powerful.

:sm/brambleghast: (resub lol)
Name: Brambleghast
Type:

Abilities: Wind Rider / Sand Rush / Infiltrator
New Moves: Pin Missile, Poison Jab, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb, Spiky Shield, Whirlwind, Wrap
Removed Moves:
Justification: Always thought it was kinda weird the tumbleweed mon had nothing to do with sandstorms, the desert weather. Also that its movepool is more like a move puddle (not that the additions here are particularly exciting for it, I just wanted to add more flavour while I was here). Adds a sand abuser to the meta that doesn't immediately get dumpstered by Waters.

:sm/flutter-mane:
Name: Flutter Mane
Type:

Abilities: Protostasis / Shield Dust
New Moves: Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, Leech Life, Pollen Puff, Rage Powder, U-Turn
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast
Justification: teramax reference. i believe? anyway uhhh i like flutter mane. it's a funny lil creature. kinda butterfly coded. also more viable bug types is fun imo. changes keep its kind of insane offenses in check by giving it a much worse stab combo, and enable it to theoretically function as a quick wallbreaker.

:sm/iron-bundle:
Name: Iron Bundle
Type:

Abilities: Neuron Drive
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Freeze-Dry
Justification: removing freeze-dry from bundle's movepool makes it significantly worse since it has a surprisingly small movepool to work with.

Last edited:
Yay Vaporemons, I have returned and I hope to make something useful.

Name: Slowing Sap
PP: 10 (16)
Type: Ghost
Effect: The user restores its HP by the same amount as the target's Speed stat. It also lowers the target's Speed stat.
Flags: Same flags as Strength Sap
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Probably a bunch of Psychic or Ghost types. :Typhlosion-Hisui: :Slowking-Galar: :Hypno:
Justification: This again.

Name: Tail Slap / Rock Blast / Pin Missile
Power: 25
PP: 30 (48)
Type: Normal / Rock / Bug
Effect: Hits 2-5 times in one turn.
Flags: Unchanged. (Contact on Tail Slap, Bullet on Rock Blast)
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :Ambipom: :Furret: :Floatzel: (TS) :Scizor: :Lokix::sandslash: (PM) [Rock Blast distribution is probably fine as is]
Justification: Correcting these three multihit moves to work the same as their cousins Bullet Seed and Icicle Spear. Did you know Tail Slap has 85% accuracy? And only 10 PP? And also that it is in the game, but only known by Fezandipiti? Honestly no idea why it had to be so punishing, so that change is here. Also Rock Blast and Pin Missile (with 90% and 95% accuracy respectively) just becoming a bit more reliable.
Name: Compound Eyes / Mind's Eye
Effect: This Pokemon's moves have their accuracy multiplied by 1.3x, and ignore changes to the opponent's evasion. This Pokemon's accuracy cannot be reduced.
Ignored by Counteract: Yes? (only if Compound Eyes currently does, which I do believe is the case)
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Mind's Eye could be added to other Psychic types, like :Articuno-Galar::espeon: :slowking-galar::hypno:
Justification: This change acts as a minor buff to Compound Eyes, and a major nerf to Mind's Eye. This version potentially allows anyone who receives it to have more accuracy for some of their less accurate moves, such as Focus Blast. This also might help make :Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: slightly more balanced, as it loses the Scrappy part of its ability, making its signature move less spammable.

Name: Flare Boost / Toxic Boost
Effect: While this Pokemon is burned / poisoned, it's special / physical attacks have 1.5x power. This Pokemon ignores the additional effects of the status [Flare Boost: being burned does not halve Attack; Toxic Boost: being Badly Poisoned does not increase the damage taken every turn.]
Ignored by Counteract: Yes
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :seviper: :glalie: :brambleghast: :grumpig: :shiftry: (FB) :hawlucha: :gliscor: :squawkabilly-white::yanmega: (TB)
Justification: Both of these abilities are really forgettable, and for good reason. Each one is exclusive to a single Pokemon, and both seem to have less utility than would be expected. Especially when looking at Zangoose, Toxic Boost just seems like a worse Guts, because you need to be Badly Poisoned. Zangoose (or anyone else who gets this ability) would breathe a huge sigh of relief with this change, as they would be effectively regular poisoned instead of Badly Poisoned. Flare Boost users get a minor benefit in contrast, getting Guts' benefit of removing the Burn attack decrease, which may not be required for them, but could allow utility moves like Knock Off or U-Turn to do more damage.

Name: Receiver / Power of Alchemy
Effect: This Pokemon will gain a fallen ally's ability if it is brought in the turn immediately after the ally faints.
Ignored by Mold Breaker/Counteract: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :hariyama: (R) :stonjourner: (PoA)
Justification: Two essentially identical doubles-oriented abilities. Now, this version works in singles and could have some solid potential with team synergy.

Name: Grim Neigh / Soul Heart
Effect: Once per switch-in, raises this Pokemon's Special Attack by one stage when another Pokemon faints.
Ignored by Mold Breaker/Counteract: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Probably best to leave this unchanged.
Justification: These two Special Attack-boosting snowball abilities have turned the Pokemon that use them into veritable threats. Now, with this change, Magearna (and potential Spectrier if this is enough to balance it) would not have the potential to keep getting stronger with every KO, only the first one. This should hopefully make both Pokemon somewhat more manageable.
:sv/Furret:
Name: Furret
Type: Normal / Fairy
Abilities
: Cute Charm / Fur Coat / Frisk
Added Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Fake Out, Headbutt, Heal Bell, Healing Stones, Revival Blessing, Rollout, Round, Spirit Break, Stomping Tantrum, Strength, Swords Dance, Tail Slap
Justification: Look, this snuggly boy that I would love to have wrapped around me like a scarf probably isn't that good. But with Fur Coat to give it a slightly more useable bulk, and its decent (but not great) Attack and Speed paired with a great move in Tidy Up, this boy probably only needs a few tools to have some interesting potential.

:sv/Ursaluna-Bloodmoon:
Name: Bloodmoon Ursaluna
Type: Normal
Abilities: Mind's Eye / Thick Fat / Overcoat
Added Moves
: Double Edge, Meteor Beam, Shadow Ball, Play Rough, Yawn
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Vacuum Wave
Justification: An attempt to nerf Ursaluna. Losing its Ground STAB means it doesn't hit Steel types nearly as hard. Additionally, losing Calm Mind means it cannot boost its Special Attack or Special Defense. It still has solid longevity and utility in the rest of its movepool, but now its only boosting move is for its lower attacking stat. Also if my Mind's Eye adjustment also wins then this thing is really neutered.

Last edited:
Good Morning Vaporemons

Name: Prehistoric Might
Effect: On switch-in, if opposing Pokémon has any positive stat changes their speed is lowered by 2
Suggested Distribution: :arcanine-hisui:, :walking wake:, :mamoswine:, :kleavor:, :yanmega:, :avalugg:, :avalugg-hisui:, :stonjourner:, :regidrago:, :piloswine:
Thoughts And Reasoning: Woo, hyper offense counters a bit. I decided for this ability to go on ancient-esque mons who tended to not be set up sweepers. A lot of these Pokémon have pretty middling speed, and while this doesnt reverse the stat changes for set up sweepers you are now an offensive blockade who can easily end sweeps early. I think Mamoswine and Walking Wake will be awesome users of this with little downsides, I think other users of it will become very good but not without a cost. Examples being Mantis Claw Kleavor now easily outspeeding faster less bulky hitters, while losing a bit of damage potential from no sharpness. Arcanine-H can now nuke with big base power moves, as its below average offensive speed tier doen't matter as much when the opponent is at -2 speed, while losing out on rock head. Overall I think this boosts up bulky offenses apabilities, and is a step and chiseling away at HO's throne.

Even when HO wasn't King, one mon has constantly topped the VR in a unhealthy way.
:ss/sneasler:
Name: Sneasler
Abilities: Pressure, Muscle Memory|| Poison Touch
Added Move: N/A
Removed Moves: Acrobatics
Justification: Sneasler has been consistently on top of the meta since first slate, and unburden sweeping has been the reason. It hits hard with SD, can bypass THE physical wall, Great Tusk with acro, as well as crab. Its combination of insanely strong physical attack stat, insanely strong base power moves, and insane speed made it constantly throwable on any HO team, grassy seed in terrain, air balloon in spike stack and weather, now with Kee and Maranga Berry, even some baseball bat usage has made it insanely dominant in every type of offensive team. This will not bury Sneasler, I think banded sets will be very good with muscle memory, and set up sets with SD will still be using it, but it will no longer OHKO so many meta relavent walls as well as outspeeding every offensive mon bar itself.

First batch of changes of mine poised towards nerfing Hyper Offense.

1. I legitimately forgot that :scizor: Scizor gets both Shrapnel Shot and Cutting Remark now as far as moves that Technician boosts. Whoops.
2. ...Something I'm forgetting right now about last post. Figures I forget it right as I finally post. Oh. It's that Grim Neigh isn't like Soul-Heart how I thought it was for some reason, which hilariously makes my point more since that means Soul-Heart is uniquely dumb in giving :magearna: Magearna boosts for indirect K.O.s while it's out on the field.

these gliscor changes are crazy lmfao
Seriously. I've probably found :gliscor: Gliscor annoying longer than everyone here over several gens, in part because it's far faster than it should be for something so fat and resilient and since Gliscor mirrors were already goddamn miserable even before it got Spikes, but these all feel a bit overkill on top of cannibalizing each other. Oh well.

Anyway, I'll laugh if everything that wins this Slate ends up being a nerfed mon in some aspect. I guess we're at that point though, especially if certain mons can keep getting away with things--*cough*:gholdengo:*cough*. Can't complain though since I'm intentionally joining in on that, so eh. I'll add more Later™, at least in terms of a new item and a new ability:

Name: Muddy Water / Mud Bomb / Mud Wrestle / Mud Flattener [adjustment / revival / new / new]
Power: 65 [all]
Accuracy: 100% [all]
PP: 15 (max. 24) [all]
Category: Special / Special / Physical / Physical
Type: Water / Ground / Fighting / Ground
Effect: Power doubles if user has Mud Wash ability. [all] 30% chance to lower one stage of Speed [Muddy Water] / Attack [Mud Bomb] / Speed [Mud Wrestle] / Special Attack [Mud Flattener]. Mud Wrestle and Mud Flattener ignore Burn status.
Priority: +0 [all]
Flags: Mirror, Protect / Ball, Mirror, Protect / Contact, Mirror, Protect / Contact, Mirror, Protect.

Justification: The :mudsdale: Mudsdale foreshadowing from earlier that allows Mudsdale to actually make use of Mud Wash offensively was something that made me figure that I might as well try to let all Mud Wash mons have access to some move that benefits from it rather than just Vaporeon. This while fixing Muddy Water since while it's a somewhat hilarious if inconsistent nuke right now (that's basically outdone by Inteleon anyway still), the accuracy drop is also...unfun I would imagine. Additionally, it's basically the only Mud move that exists worth using since Mud Bomb got dexited and all the other ones are pitifully weak even with Mud Wash. So this attempts to fix that without buffing Rain and having some consistency of both accuracy and effects, though I'll understand if their accuracy needs to be made sub-100%. (I also feel like Mud Bomb should get something else since it's blocked by Bulletproof, but I don't know what. Authentic flag maybe? Shrug. That seems weird if a Water attack, especially a similar one, doesn't get that though.)

:sv/iron bundle: & :sv/flutter mane:
:iron bundle: IRON BUNDLE
Type: Ice/Fairy (instead of Ice/Water)
Abilities: Neuron Drive (from Slate 02) | Sand Rush (hidden ability)
Added Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Peekaboo, Psychic Terrain, Rapid Spin, Sandstorm, and Wish. {previously Moonblast}
Removed Moves: Air Cutter, Aurora Veil, Flip Turn, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse, and Whirlpool.

:flutter mane: FLUTTER MANE
Type: Ghost/Rock (instead of Ghost/Fairy)
Abilities: Protostasis (from Slate 02) | Levitate (hidden ability)
Added Moves: Defog, Eerie Spell, Flash Cannon (because screw Ninetales-Alola), Sandstorm, Snowscape, and Stealth Rock. {previously Meteor Beam}
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Charge Beam, Dark Pulse (flinch is cringeworthy when you can avoid it), Dazzling Gleam, Disarming Voice, Draining Kiss, Energy Ball, Moonblast, Mystical Fire, Psybeam, Psyshock, Stored Power, and Wish.

Justification: My contribution to the seemingly obligatory Slate 09 theme of "nerf adjustments only please". And, yeah. I know these technically aren't direct analogs of each other officially, but they unofficially might as well be given they're two overpowered Paradox mons that each represent an opposing side and are both based on rather underwhelming Gen 2 mons, even if :delibird: Delibird is far more underwhelming than :misdreavus: Misdreavus of course. Besides also sharing BSTs and being the only two banned Paradox mons (:walking wake: Walking Wake wipes its brow), if you squint, then I guess you can also pretend they're both united by being holidays mons too. Just shush and let me have this since it seems like a waste to do both of them separately, though I will understand if I have to do so even given what the Slate already looks like it's shaping up to be. I also admittedly was going to go with :spectrier: Spectrier and :glastrier: Glastrier, but gods, even if you take away Grim Neigh and butcher its movepool harder than I did Flutter Mane, Spectrier is still just too damn fast with too much power to the point it would end up overpowering literally ever other (special) Ghost; sorry, Glastrier. Finally, they would both be mons to help check and murder Gliscor, meaning that they get to jump on that hate train too. Yay!

:iron bundle: Iron Bundle Justification: Somehow easier to justify than Flutter Mane perhaps despite me buffing its typing simply because I want an Ice/Fairy mon that isn't a goddamn Aurora Veil bot and nothing else. I think it keeping Freeze-Dry is actually fine for all its Speed and SpA between a) already being nerfed to go off of Neuron Drive but having no Psychic attacks at all still to take advantage of that (or any other) terrain and b) my further nerfs to ensure that it can't get around its dual STAB being not very effective against both Fire and Steel types at all by way of taking away all of its Water types. Besides, keeping Freeze-Dry will benefit its Sand ability--a "Sandy Claws" joke, honestly--by giving Sand a "natural" way to body Water types since poor :brambleghast: Brambleghast stays losing. Not much else to say about it except that it still has U-Turn despite losing Flip Turn, so it can still pivot while being forced to use a move that both Fire and Steel types also resist; Rapid Spin and Wish are minor concessions to that nerfing as well as Delibird having both, while Moonblast may be a bit much but doesn't worry me as much as Meteor Beam on Flutter Mane does. Oh. I will note that this gives us another (special) Ice type without stepping that heavily on the just upgraded :froslass: Froslass's non-existent toes since this has greater Speed but far less coverage and, with Froslass using Sheer Heart, less power too even ignoring the secondary type differences and movepool differences.

:flutter mane: Flutter Mane Justification: In trying to bring down a Ghost mon that wouldn't be a huge pain, a greatly nerfed :flutter mane: Flutter Mane is probably the least evil option, especially since :decidueye-hisui: Decidueye-Hisui getting made Ghost/Fighting means bringing down :annihilape: Annihilape would just obviate it and :giratina: Giratina is too fat even if it might somehow be legitimately less problematic than Spectrier overall. I was originally going to make nerfed Flutter Mane into a Ghost/Flying type given its being based on a flying head (and given :drifblim: Drifblim unfortunately rather sucks still)...until I realized that doing that would mean it would just end up making another spin locker that also blocked Defog given Wind Breaker would end up its go-to STAB, with the flinch from Air Slash not being that much of a lesser evil. Ghost/Psychic and Ghost/Dark were then considered before realizing that, respectively, either it would just forever obviate the already struggling :Hoopa: Hoopa on top of that type combination sucking or be stuck with another flinching move--Dark Pulse--as one of its strongest moves. So Ghost/Rock it is as a unique typing that somewhat fits given its jewels and already having Power Gem. In a weird way, the weird and unique Ghost/Rock typing might be for the best since it can help both Snow and Sand without being overpowering in either (...I hope) as well amusingly being able to stunt on the most common Gliscor set and use it as a set-up fodder with Levitate and Substitute (and Hex). Not much else to say about it except that I am admittedly a bit wary about Meteor Beam and Sand Clock as well as thankful that it didn't already have Protocrysalis.

RESUBMISSION: (since Beaf can't stop me and since that Terrain ability didn't win)
:sv/mareep: :sv/flaaffy: :sv/ampharos:
Name: Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos
Type: Electric (for Mareep), Electric/Dragon (for Flaaffy), and Electric/Dragon (for Ampharos)
Abilities: Static / Oblivious / Fluffy (for Mareep), Static / Cloud Nine / Fluffy (for Flaaffy), and Static / Cloud Nine / Electric Surge (for Ampharos)
New Moves: Body Press, Flash Cannon, Parabolic Charge, Rising Voltage, Round, Tail Glow, Terrain Pulse, Toxic, and Weather Ball (for all), Draco Meteor (for Flaaffy and Ampharos only)
Removed Moves: Focus Blast (from all)

Justification: That there were three separate pretty similar :ampharos: Ampharos entries last slate was pretty silly, though not as silly as the fact that I managed to gloss over all of them due to a combination of constant fatigue and forgetting Ampharos and its baa-thren even exist in Gen 09. As such, I've decided to combine all three into a "best of" gestalt even though it will likely have to lose at least one of its ten new moves to be balanced; I'd personally rather Draco Meteor go than Tail Glow, but Tail Glow having to be cut would be understandable. Since I'm apparently masochistic despite scaling things back for now, I decided to drag its pre-evos along for the ride too, in part because neither of them having Fluffy retroactively still bothers the hell of me whenever I think about it. Still, I figure that Ampharos and family can use all the help they can get since they have gotten literally nothing this entire Pet Mod even in passing, which is part of the reason I forgot they're even still around.

Ampharos's primary purpose would be "Electric Surge mon that doesn't suck unlike Pincurchin", especially since it resists the new Wash Away now unlike the "from the sea but not Water" mon and even though Ampharos currently directly lacks recovery. I'm not sure it should have reliable recovery though with Electric Surge, Tail Glow, and Risiing Voltage, the last of which is one of those weird moves this Gen that technically still exists but is just something that no currently mon has for...reasons; otherwise I'd probably have given it Slack Off over the Parabolic Charge that both DenebStargazer and Mintly gave it last slate. The other abilities are mostly self-explanatory, with me deciding to give it Round like Catzzadilla so that it had a reliable way to pivot without getting necessarily blocked by that on Grounds even if I still wanted it to not be able to just absolutely murder Ground types (without Tail Glow), which is I didn't give it Grass Knot like DenebStargazer did. I similarly wanted this to not be able to instantly explode Blissey and Levitate Magnezone even though I'm pretty sure Rising Voltage already does that even more to the former, which may mean it's too much. (Being able to explode Fairies is fine though, especially Ninetales-Alola who deserves nothing but suffering and is arguably the main target of Flash Cannon and of Cloud Nine even though the added Dragon type makes it decent against Sun, Rain, and Misty Terrain teams too as the would-be only Dragon able to ignore the last of those.)

Not much else to say except that Fluffy Eviolite :flaaffy: Flaaffy might have some type of use in OU I guess. At the very least it would be deceptively bulky against certain attacks as long as it avoids Knock Off and Earthquake; Brave Bird would do hilariously little to it no matter the mon unless Mold Breaker is involved. Shrug. (:mareep: Mareep stands no chance anywhere in OU, but it's at least cute.)

Last edited:
I’m back, with even worse ideas than ever. More to come?
Name: Headshot
Power: 120
Type: Psychic
Effect: Charges turn 1. Hits turn 2. Used at the end of the turn if the user had a stat lowered this turn or if the user is holding a power herb.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Bullet, other non-contact physical flags
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Iron Leaves, Azelf, Dragapult, Mabosstiff, Krookodile, Decidueye (both)
Justification: Lash Out + Solar Beam + gun. Big Physical Psychic move.

Name: Celebrate
Power: 60
Type: Normal
Effect: Gives / Replaces the targets item with a Premier Ball. Deals 50% more damage if they already have a non-premier ball item.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current Distribution (Raichu) + Persian, Eevee, Maushold, some event or gift Pokémon I guess
Justification: Interesting Knock side grade.

Name: Flash Flood | Flash Freeze
Effect: When the user would be hit by a Water | Ice type move, they take no damage. Their next Water | Ice type attack deals 50% more damage. (It’s just Flash Fire)
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Samurott (over Shell Armor), Dragonite, Phione, Bellibolt (over Static), Floatzel | Cryogonal, Mamoswine (over Oblivious), Slowking (over Own Tempo)
Justification: Me on my way to have zero original ideas. I really like these, so I’m bout to Resub them again. Flash Flood helps against rain, if you’re into that.

:gliscor:
:sv/baxcalibur:
Name: Baxcalibur
Type: Dragon / Ice
Abilities: Thermal Exchange / Snow Cloak / Pressure
New Moves: Ice Spinner
Removed Moves: Icicle Spear, Ice Shard, Scale Shot, Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Earthquake
Justification: Y’all making edits to Gliscor, here’s a counter. Break through that sucker with stupid strong 4x super effective attacks. By gutting the move pool, maybe less broken? Ice Spinner is a side grade for Icicle Crash if you’d rather have that, not sure why it don’t get that normally. Pressure cuz Ice Body + screens sounds annoying. Snow Cloak does too, but I want to leave some of the fun.

Last edited:
Ok, should at least sub some stuff before reviews kick in. Edit: rip reviews, it’s ok yoshi, happens to the best of us

Name: Powder
Accuracy:100%
Effect: Covers the target in Powder until the target's next move. If the user uses a Fire-type or Electric-type move, they take damage equal to 33% of their maximum HP and cannot execute the move (PP is still consumed).
Priority: +3
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Powder (duh), Mirror, Protect, Reflectable
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :Vivillon: :sinistcha: :volbeat: :illumise: :cottonee: :skiploom::toedscool::voltorb-hisui::lilligant::foongus::ribombee::delibird::drifblim::vullaby::surskit::Oricorio::squawkabilly::tropius::yanmega::pyukumuku::lombre:
Justification: In the era of Blaze Vaporemons,:cinderace: enters its "allergic to pollen" arc. Aside from its mediocre previous distribution (just Vivillon), the move still felt kind of niche so I added an extra niche in preventing Volt Switch (and electricity could cause Powder to burst into flame too, anyway.). The move already had priority, but I switched to until the target's next move in case of Quick Claw, full para, sleep turns, or other shenanigans, and gave it +3 in case of Chain Lightning, Galvanize Extremespeed, Thunder Clap, or whatever else the future holds. Slight boost in damage from 25% to 33% to make it respectable.

Name: Trick-or-Treat | Forest's Curse
PP: 20 (max 32)
Type: Ghost | Grass
Effect: Adds the ghost type to the target, in addition to the Pokémon's original type(s). If it is used against a dual-typed Pokémon, that Pokémon will become triple-typed. (Ghost-Type version of Forest's Curse) | Effect Unchanged
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect, Reflectable
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :shuppet: :lampent: :Drifloon: :duskull: :misdreavus: :froslass: :mimikyu: :phantump: :sinistcha: :spiritomb: :typhlosion-hisui: :zorua-hisui: :cacturne: :grimmsnarl: :umbreon: :wo-chien: :zorua: | :arboliva: :brambleghast: :brute-bonnet: :cacturne: :calyrex: :decidueye: :grotle: :leavanny: :lilligant: :shiftry: :toedscool: :victreebel: :wo-chien: :Kricketune: :lokix: :rabsca: :spidops: :venonat:
Justification: Trick-or-Treat was always my favorite move of the two, and probably the one with the most potential in singles. However, due to Gourgeist being absent from Gen 9 (most likely won't be back for DLC2, due to how Gourgeist Size conflicts with regular mon size), it wasn't brought back with its grass counterpart. But now it's back, and both it and Forest's Curse are getting a wider distribution on mons that could actually use them! The plan with these moves is to give new weaknesses to your opponent that you or your teammates can exploit. Trick-or-treat pairs well with Ghost and Dark type moves such as Knock Off or Choke, while Forest's Curse pairs well with Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice and Poison moves.

If you line things right, you can even disable a curse sweeper's strategy | go for a x8 Super Effective combo!

Name: Misty Explosion
Power: 150 BP
Type: Fairy
Effect: User explodes and faints, unless in Misty Terrain.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: (Current Users - :weezing-galar: :magearna:) :fezandipiti: :munkidori: :primarina: :mesprit: :espathra: :articuno-galar: :espeon: :calyrex: :gothitelle: :indeedee: :oranguru: :spoink: :chimecho:
Justification: Misty Terrain is real again, we did it boys*
*gender neutral

Name:Uno Reverse Card
Effect: If this item would be knocked off, it isn't and the opponent loses their item instead. Knock Off doesn't get a power boost.
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): No
Fling Power & Effect: 60BP, no effect
Justification: Knock Off is literally everywhere, time for some dark type move variety, there's a lot of interesting dark moves out there.

Name: Stench
Effect: When the Pokémon makes contact with the opponent or vice-versa, the opponent becomes afflicted with torment
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Current Users, :vullaby: :mandibuzz: :rellor: :rabsca: :muk-alola: :grimer-alola: :muk: :oinkologne: :drifblim: :piloswine: :greedent: :slaking:
Justification: stinky > flinching. Punishes sweepers that make contact, especially setup and choice ones. Torment is great in giving you breathing room, and lasts until the opponent switches out.

Name: Electric Current | Misty Mirage | Psychic Insight
Effect: On entry, sets Electric | Misty | Psychic Terrain. In respective terrain, Def (Electric) or SpD (Misty/Psychic) is x1.3333.
Mold Breaker/Counteract (Yes or No): Yes/No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability:
:pincurchin:(replaces Electric Surge),:bellibolt:(replaces Static), :iron-thorns:, :ampharos:(replaces plus) |
:weezing-galar:(replaces Misty Surge), :alomomola:(replaces Hydration), :ribombee: (replaces Cute Charm), :enamorus-therian:
| :indeedee-f:(replaces Psychic Surge), :delphox:, :hoopa:, :farigiraf:
Justification: Stealing this one from IceLevelIncarnate since it looks like they may not submit this slate, and I really liked the concept. If you want it back or want me to take it down, reach out to me and I'll do so. I swapped a couple potential Pokémon and changed Misty Cover's name to Misty Mirage. Here's their original description:
Grass Pelt Shaymin kits are starting to pop off and actually form terrain cores with their respective Paradoxes, so here's some enablers for the other terrains. They still have ways to go without powerful tools like Grassy Glide, but we need to get actual setters in first before we worry about that.
Not only do I agree with them, I've also been trying to up the terrain game for a while now, and I can't do so unless there is a game to up. Grass Pelt is incredibly good as an ability, setting not only terrain but also giving you a 1.3x boost in defense, and limiting it to only one type of terrain seems kind of unfair. This allows more offensive and defensive play to be made, gives better access to tools like Expanding Force and Surge Surfer, while also shielding yourself from status and priority, and giving some more bulk on mons.

:sv/sinistcha:
Name:Sinistcha
Type: Grass/Ghost
Abilities: Prankster / Healer / Heatproof
New Moves: Trick-or-Treat, Shadow Sneak, Leech Seed, Powder, Jungle Healing, Round, Parting Shot
Removed Moves:
Justification: Since Gourgeist will not be in gen 9 (likely due to how Size is now implemented, and it being one of Gourgeist's gimmicks), the Halloween move will go to the latest grass ghost, Sinistcha. Prankster ensures Sinistcha will make use of it, as well as the rest of its decent support movepool like Life Dew, Strength Sap, Substitute, etc. Shadow Sneak gives Sinistcha a desperate way to abuse Halloween-specific ghost weaknesses if you're fighting, like, Munkidori I guess (though most of the time you should really just shadow ball). Leech Seed provides healing support for its team against a wall or sweeper, Powder makes up for the lack of Heatproof by trolling Fire (and electric) users really hard, Jungle Healing lets Sinistcha deal with Hazard damage and status, and Round helps setup for the next round pivoter who wants to switch in.
Yeah, I subbed Trick-or-Treat and Powder with the intent of putting them on Sinistcha, but I believe in those two subs by themselves as well as this one.

:bw/slaking:
Name:Slaking
Type:Normal / Ghost
Abilities: Battle Armor / Cursed Body (or stench if the sub passes) / Harvest
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Spirit Shackle, Sledgehammer Blow, Heal Bell, Entrainment, Confuse Ray, Court Change, Iron Defense, Destiny Bond, Disable, Forest's Curse, Reflect, Light Screen, Mean Look, Misty Terrain, Night Shade, Parry, Parting Shot, Safeguard, Sand-Attack, Screech, Metal Sound, Shelter, Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow, Torment, Darkest Lariat
Removed Moves: Blizzard, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Giga Impact, Gunk Shot, Hammer Arm, Heavy Slam, High Horsepower, Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Mega Kick, Outrage, Play Rough, Solar Beam, Take Down, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Uproar, Wild Charge, Rage, Bulk Up
Justification: The Slak is Back and more swingin' than ever!... technically speaking. Physically speaking, Slaking has passed from rot and decay from players not using him at all, but this has freed him from his mortal limitations and given him the ghost type! Without Truant, Slaking is known for its monstruous offense (160/95/100) but this sub is built to take advantage of its bulk (150/100/65) and make Slaking a bulky offense/support mon.
I invite you to take a look at its offensive and support potential, but to keep things neat, let's do it inside their respective spoilers.
You've surely noticed the large amount of removed moves from Slaking. Basically, If it had a move that was higher BP than Body Slam (85BP), it's gone (and no, I didn't forget Double-Edge, Slaking does not get it in Gen 9 for some reason). The good news is that with that attack stat, Slaking doesn't need high BP move to have effective offensive pressure! Its new dual Normal/Ghost typing gives it great STAB neutral coverage, on top of the amount of great coverage moves it already gets! Even at a lower base power, Slaking can still use its moves at a great strength, and an advantage of lower BP moves is their secondary effects. Even on the offense, Slaking still gets some very useful tools! Here's a list of the notable ones for those interested (STAB moves are in bold):
Brick Break (85BP, Fighting, Destroys Screens/Veil)
Body Slam (85BP, Normal, 30% Paralysis chance)
Bulldoze (60BP, Ground, Lowers target's speed by 1)
Crush Claw (75BP, Normal, 50% chance to lower target's defense by 1)
Darkest Lariat (85BP, Dark, Ignores opponent's stat changes)
Drain Punch (75BP, Fighting, drains 50% HP from the target)
Facade (70BP, Normal, Power doubles if burned/poisoned/paralyzed)
Fire Punch (75BP, Fire, 10% chance to burn)
Headbutt (70BP, Normal, 30% flinch chance)
Ice Punch (75BP, Ice, 10% freeze chance)
Knock Off (65BP, Dark, it's Knock Off)
Lash Out (75BP, Dark, x2 power if Slaking's stats are lowered this turn)
Low Sweep (65BP, Fighting, 100% chance to lower target's speed by 1)
Night Shade (Ghost-type Seismic Toss)
Night Slash (70 BP, Dark, High Crit Ratio)
Parry (80BP, Fighting, Goes first and flinches target if it is using a priority move)
Poison Jab (80BP, Poison, 30% poison chance)
Rock Slide (75BP, Rock, 30% flinch chance)
Rock Tomb (60 BP, Rock, Lowers target's speed by 1)
Seed Bomb (80BP, Grass)
Shadow Claw (70BP, Ghost, High Crit Ratio)
Shadow Punch (60BP, Ghost, Bypasses accuracy)
Shadow Sneak (40BP, Ghost, +1 priority)
Slash (70BP, Normal, High Crit Ratio)
Sledgehammer Blow (85BP, Steel, Destroys Screens/Veil)
Spirit Shackle (80BP, Ghost, Prevents target from switching out)
Stomping Tantrum (75BP, Ground, Power Doubles if last move failed to hit)
Sucker Punch (70BP, Dark, +1 priority, fails if target is not attacking)
Throat Chop (85BP, Dark, Target can't use sound moves for 3 turns)
Thunder Punch (75BP, Electric, 10% Paralysis chance)
Trailblaze (50BP, Grass, 100% Chance to raise speed by 1)
X-Scissor (80BP, Bug)
Zen Headbutt (80BP, Psychic, 20% flinch chance)
Slaking has coverage in Bug, Dark, Electric, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ground, Ice, Poison, Rock and Steel. Its physical capabilities may be flexible, but that's nothing compared to what it can offer defensively!

While the physical side of Slaking can be alluring to some, Slaking's core strengths should find themselves in its defensive capabilities. Combined with its impressive physical bulk and fantastic defensive typing, Battle Armor give Slaking Crit insurance, Stench/Cursed Body annoys contact attackers, and Harvest allows it to make use of various different type of berries, like Kee and Maranga, or Colbur. Slaking also supports a large amount of tools to support its team or disrupt its opponents:
Amnesia
Body Press
Confuse Ray
Counter
Court Change
Curse (ghost)
Destiny Bond
Disable
Encore
Endure
Entrainment
Forest's Curse
Heal Bell
Iron Defense
Reflect
Light Screen
Mean Look
Metronome (lol)
Misty Terrain
Parting Shot
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest / Sleep Talk
Roar
Safeguard
Screech
Metal Sound
Shelter
Slack Off
Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow
Substitute
Swagger
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Torment
Yawn
Slaking can be a reliable Ghost Curser, Shelter hazard remover, Cleric, Screener, Phazer, Trapper, Statuser, you name it! HO is really insane in this meta, and Slaking can be a jack-of-all-trades to fit a role on a team to stop potential sweeps from happening.
Overall this Slaking should fit right in with the OU Power Level, able to fulfill a defensive role on a team while still being able to fight back if needed be, but not being too broken.

Name: Gholdengo
Type: Ghost / Steel
Abilities: Wonder Skin
New Moves: none
Removed Moves: none
Justification: Here's my take on the cheestrings situation. Wonder Skin sets the accuracy of all status moves targeting the user to 50%, before other accuracy-changing effects. It's not just Good as Gold half the time, because this doesn't explicitly block all status moves, but still lets you dodge encores, thunder waves, taunts, spores, tricks, switcheroos, soaks, hypnosises, etc., just that now it's a 50% chance instead of a guaranteed block.
As for status moves that bypass accuracy, here is the list of moves that Goldenjoe now becomes unable to block:
After You
Confide
Curse (Ghost-type)
Defog
Guard Split
Guard Swap
Heart Swap
Pain Split
Perish Song
Tearful Look
Roar
Whirlwind
Yawn
If it's not on the above list, Gholdengo has a 50% chance to block the move entirely.

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Name: Counterspin
Power: 80
Category:

Type:

Effect: The target is unable to use Spin-based moves for two turns, aside from Rapid Spin and Mortal Spin.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Spin
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :gliscor: :forretress: :cryogonal: :brambleghast: :sandslash-alola: :glimmora: :mew: :donphan: :iron-treads: :golem: :golem-alola: :rabsca:
Justification: We just added a new flag. time to counter it. Prevents several pivoting moves like U-Turn, Flip Turn, and Rollout, as well as blocking some other moves such as Hurricane and the Storm moves.

Name: Green-Eyed
Effect: For two turns after switch-in, if the foe uses a Snatchable move, this Pokemon uses it instead.
Permanent Unchanged
Mold Breaker Unchanged
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Unchanged
Justification: Allows for a bit more pressure on Green-Eyed Pokemon to make this ability less ass.

Name: Inner Power
Effect: All of the user's abilities are active at the same time.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :chandelure: :toxapex: :mew: honestly literally anything. but im praying for chandy.
Justification: What if we brought Joltemons Power of Alchemy back

Last edited:

zxgzxg

User feints.
is a Forum Moderator
we are so bach

:wise glasses: || :iron plate:
Ability: Precognition
Effect: If this Pokemon selects a move of the same type the opponent selected, disables the move the opponent selected at the start of the turn.
Users: (Several Psychic-types)

Description: Good way to disrupt both offense and stall through mad prediction skillz :fire:. Psychic flavored so it doesn't go too crazy lmao.

Ability: Stonewall
Effect: When this Pokemon uses a Rock-type move, it takes 1/2 damage from the next attack it takes OR the next Rock-type move it uses deals x1.5 damage.
Mold Breaker: Yes
Users: (Several Rock-types and other Pokemon known for their sturdiness)

Description: leaf shield de megaman. ability that can have defensive or offensive utility depending how you position it.

:gold bottlecap:
Item: King's Coin
Effect: If the holder fails a priority move, the item is consumed and the user restores 1/2 max HP.
Consumable: Yes
Knockable: Yes
Fling BP: 20

Description: get rewarded for losing the double protect or fucking up your sucker punch predicts!

:tornadus::tornadus-therian: || :dondozo:
:ss/tornadus::ss/tornadus-therian:
Pokemon: Tornadus || Tornadus-Therian
Type:

Ability: Prankster / Outclass || Regenerator
Added Moves: Brave Bird, Defog, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Pluck, Swords Dance

Description: outclass woohoo!!!!!!! gives base torn more physical tools to work with and defog. apparently torn can run air freshener so theres more wind for that. ig

:ss/dondozo:
Pokemon: Dondozo
Type:

Ability: Unaware / Blunt Force / Water Veil
Added Moves: Aqua Jet, Life Dew, Scald

Description: big stall. recovery gives the dozo more utility on not-stall

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)