UUPL V - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i was subbed in to play bw uu for the first time in my life vs bw uu champ somalia

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5uu-268555 this was the result

i was a few turns away from losing, when somalia DCd and timed out. i couldnt pause timer because we played during tour time.

i'll let the hosts decide on whether this will be ruled as a win for me or not, but regardless, gg somalia and sorry you DCd :(

Going to start posting the administrative decisions in the weeks thread from now on. Don't expect lengthy, well written explanations.

BW UU: Advantage vs GULLY

Both players agreed to play at the time. Neither player sent me their team. GULLY had to leave 4 turns into the match for undisclosed reasons, and Advantage turned on the timer after waiting for a couple minutes. GULLY didn't return before the timer ran out and Battle Girls refuse to give him a rematch.

Tennis is a snake, but what he did was within the rules and I can't force them to replay because neither submitted their teams.

hissssssss

BW UU: Isa vs somalia

Neither player submitted their teams. Somalia had a true disconnect™, as defined by the official tournament rules, and his timer ran out. I don't have the exact information, but the match was almost over and most sets were already revealed. This is what we know about the Pokemon still in play:

- Isa had Sub Raikou at 30%, Escavalier at 88% (most likely CB), 59% Slowking with significant amount of Sdef investment (Grass Knot Modest Empoleon damage (Hydro Pump damage on raikou) and CB Flygon U-turn damage). Rocks were up.

- Somalia had Expert Belt or Charcoal Victini, Scarf Raikou, CB Flygon, unrevealed Tornadus; all of them at 100% and no SR.

Assuming Slowking was Bolt 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD (best possible scenario for Isa) and Victini was Charcoal:

252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Slowking: 204-240 (51.9 - 61%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 74-88 (23 - 27.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Isa could Slack Off stall it, but switching out wasn't an option, because Raikou was KOd and Escavalier was slower. Pivoting from Escavalier to tank Fusion Bolt > Slowking to tank V-create accomplished nothing, because V-Create + Fusion Bolt KOed Slowking after Regen recovering and V-Create outdamages Regen, in case Isa switches out again.

Somalia's Raikou does 60%+ minimum to every possible Slowking set, KOd Isa's Raikou after SR, and 2HKOed Escavalier.

CB Flygon 2HKOes both Slowking and Escavalier comfortably with EQ. Escavalier could tank two Outrage depending on rolls, but couldn't do anything after that. CB U-turn easily put Slowking into Thunderbolt range and Slowking can't OHKO Raikou with crits.

Even if we assume Tornadus had the worst possible and that it couldn't touch Slowking at all, it could be sacced against Escavalier if necessary. Tailwind Tornadus would allow Flygon to win even if Raikou was alive.

From the information I have available, Isa couldn't realistically win that game, even with hax and optimal sets. Somalia was the one who dc'd, but it would be silly to not reward him with the win. If Smashers want to dispute this, feel free to do so.

Note that in this kind of cases I will consider absolutely optimal scenarios, even if they are extremely unlikely, for the player who didn't DC before rewarding a win. I wouldn't recommend trying to abuse this precedent to try get undeserved wins.

Last edited:
The last game in the Monsters vs. Youngsters series still has to be played, but it's looking like it's not going to be. :c

Choolio stated in his VM contact with Bugzi that he was available Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get the game done, but unfortunately irl circumstances seem to have come in the way of it still happening. Neither of the Youngsters' substitutes is likely to be available to play, so with that in mind we're calling activity, just in case it comes to that. Bugzi is available to play until around midnight his time (GMT +1) and we'd 100% prefer playing the game, so if Lochie or Fsk is able to play be sure to let us know.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
The last game in the Monsters vs. Youngsters series still has to be played, but it's looking like it's not going to be. :c

Choolio stated in his VM contact with Bugzi that he was available Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get the game done, but unfortunately irl circumstances seem to have come in the way of it still happening. Neither of the Youngsters' substitutes is likely to be available to play, so with that in mind we're calling activity, just in case it comes to that. Bugzi is available to play until around midnight his time (GMT +1) and we'd 100% prefer playing the game, so if Lochie or Fsk is able to play be sure to let us know (activity wins suck in tours like these ;_;).

Other than that I wanted to say GGs to my friend Ice Tea. I hope we meet again in play-offs. ^_^
if you werent my powc assman i'd hope your house up in the north gets hit by earthquakes due to the increase in gasdrilling with the new gasprices after trump bombed syria following this stupid week zzz

☆Poek ★_★:ggs bitch

guess we'll see you in finals where we wont be using status moves

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)