UUPL V - Finals - Won by Mikan Island Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasnt planning on doing shoutouts but i had so much fun and this team really deserves it

rozes - you had a rough start in the tour playing oras and even had tough opponents but you quickly picked it up once you were put into sm only dropping a game to godmen. i still dont know how you make those visuals so quickly but they are really helpful and certainly played a role in our prep. im glad i got to know you better. you're gonna become a weab soon im calling it. also you gotta watch breaking bad you hag smh, we cant be friends till you do

Pearl - i dont think anyone will disagree when i say that you were one of the mvps of this team. im used to being the hard worker of a team but i barely needed to do anything since you'd always pump out oras builds / ideas or just talk thru teams with our oras guys. not to mention everything you did in sm. i love how careful and methodical you are in your prep not only for yourself but your teammates as well, able to think up cool ideas and have them work (the roar toise team, finals oras team, decidueye team etc). im really glad we got to team up and got to know each other better and you've become one of my favorite people on this site. here's hoping me, you, and tdk can weab out together some more !! :D

Poek - my man poek...you're currently one of the best players on this site, it's hard to dispute that. each week i knew i could count on you for a win. seriously, some of your games were fire, esp that one vs lcans where i thought it was looking grim but then you figured out the end game and got the win with the sick encore clef. im glad i got to know you, you're a really kind person and hopefully some day we can play ps4 together (i'll add you soon!!).

Finchinator - ngl my first impressions of you weren't good cus *cough* cbb *cough* but you're actually a cool dude. im glad you finally got past the sw curse and pumped out a solid record for the team. i was also surprised that you had that many lines in the chat since i dont remember you prepping that much but i guess you just kinda chilled with us lol. im glad i got to know you dude and hope you have a good wcop, central lookin pwrful this year

bugzinator - fku lad. you were certainly a character, from leaving the chat every week to rejoining just to say you lost or call me cancer :(. you are a really kind and funny guy. remember that time you lost 4 times in 1 week? sry lads. jeez always ruined our bw record. anyway, you're a sick player and i hope you stick around next year

Malekith - omg...daddykith. you completely dominated man. i knew i could count on you and poek for a win each week. it was pretty awesome how before your games you'd show up and ask who's here for the nicks and then proceed to crush your opp. the pkmn named after me won 2 games i think :D and tony cleaned up in the finals lmao. it was also nice of you to make sure that the rest of the players were ready for their games. you're a really nice dude, good luck in wcop! spain will kill it as always.

TDK - another mvp of the team. it's awesome how quickly you picked up sm uu and pumped out so many teams for each of our guys. you're a really creative player and always found ways to have sufficient counterplay for conkeldurr on each team. also your heat squads were really fun, w that ungodly luke set and metal burst bisharp lmfao. here's to hoping we can weab out together more fuck what cbb says. the dark side >>>

Floppy - GORGIE. you killed it early season, had some missteps along the way, and then picked it back up for playoffs only to end up winning the tour for us. you're a fantastic guy. i think my favorite thing about you is that you acknowledge your mistakes during tests in team building / playing and learn from them and then go on to beast in the actual thing. love that you're willing to grind to pump out wins for you team. im looking forward to having a fun wcop with you man.

YABO - wish we both won oras so we coulda spammed "yabobii wins again" but too bad we both sucked :(. really tho, i had a lot fun when we'd just challenge each other to random oras / sm / adv pu games and just play for a while. your team ideas are crazy but they work somehow. im glad we got to team again after ltpl. btw im winning the adv pu cup js..

Tony - you are amazing dude. despite being ridiculously busy you always made time to check in on everyone. you were also very upfront with everything and i really appreciated that. that 1 oras game you played was incredible, never saw someone just outplay their opp every single turn. you were a great chat presence which contributed a lot to making this team fun and left us with a lot of good and funny moments. as i told you before, i really hope we can team again some day.

Kaori - best smogon gf ever omg. ngl i thought you were just bought cus youre friends w people on the team but you actually played and went 3-0 lmao. thats solid af man. not only that but you're really fun to talk to about anything and always there to drop a :sad: with me. this name change is gay tho, just force sam to change his name and claim sam

Rare Poison - you're actually the 1 dude i never spoke to :eyes: but you seem like a nice person. hope you're having a good vacation man

Hogg - papa hogg, i've always been a big fan ever since last yr and im glad you hung out in our chat. just made things more fun and we had an extra mind to help out in adv / oras / sm / anything really. im also really glad you're onboard with metro this yr, too bad we couldnt get you as a player but you're already filling in the assman role despite being around for not too long. thanks a lot man

Pak - the guy who made us use mandiqueen in every tier. you're a nice guy and a smart builder. its nice to see that you had a lot of success in this uupl and im glad you joined us in the end to help us secure a win.

KratosMana - my husband omg. join us when we watch another movie hag

and lastly thanks to Hikari for hosting, you did a wonderful job as usual

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
As someone who did not participate in UUPL, I would just like to say good job to all the players - in terms of skill I look up to all ~90 of you. And I thought nearly all the games (and I did watch all but a few old gen games) were both entertaining and informative so thank you, especially to those who played when their team was already out.

Basically this was great from the audience perspective so thank you.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I don't usually do shoutouts but god this team was flawless besides rozes, love all of you guys and I hope to play in some more UU tours going forward

rozes - literal dead weight on this team jesus hope i never team with u again

Pearl - Pearl you're one of my favorite users on this site and its been an amazing time teaming with you in tours ever since SPL started, even though I couldn't make it work to let you shine in DPL I'm glad you got to show everybody here how good of a player you really are.

Poek - Omg Poek you're one of my favorite people to talk to and I'm glad we share a ton of the same anime interests, I really wanna team with you in an official tour so we can kick ass together

Finchinator - Our interactions prior to this tour were few and far between but I'm glad I got the chance to know you a bit better, you're a really cool dude and I hope you stick with trying doubles :D

bugzinator - sry lads. Was a really fun experience teaming with you though, 10/10 would absolutely do it again. Always a pleasure being with the co-best SM UU player of all time

Malekith - Didn't get to talk to you much but you never ceased to impress me with your playing prowess, it would be an honor to team up with you again!

TDK - Was a super fun experience getting to team with you for this, glad I've been able to get to know you more. You're really solid at any tier you touch and it would be a privilege to get to team with you again my man

Floppy - You did a really great job in ADV, and your Kanga gif for your last win post was 10/10/. Thanks for bringing it home for us my man :D

YABO - Was super fun getting to meet you, hope to team again soon! Shoutout to all the pear and all the turtonator.

obii - Its been a blast getting to team with you in a couple of team tours now, you're super down to earth and its fun to just chill and talk about whatever. Just try not to cancer next time

Rare Poison - I didn't get to talk to you much but I was happy to find another Lorde fan, Melodrama in 11 days!!!!

Tony - Last shoutout for the man that made me playing in this possible, you are the man and I am super appreciative that you gave me a shot as a sub here. Hopefully I was able to show that I can be more than just a team presence pick, and I can't wait for our next team tour adventure together!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Really fun tour, to be honest. I knew we had it in us as a team from the start, given our draft and given the caliber of players on our roster, but the execution from week one until the final was something truly special and I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent on the Mikan Island Monsters. Personally, I am happy with my performance. Only team choice I really regret is the one I brought vs Omfuga, but that was a rough week for me personally and I tried to hard to counter team as opposed to bringing something solid and that was shown in my play with the team, I suppose. 7-2 is a respectable record and I'm glad to have had the success I had for the sake of my team. With this said, the rest of my team deserves a fuckton of credit for their own success and I will touch on that more in my brief shoutouts.

Tony - I didn't know you all too well going in, but I had discussed things with you a number of times still and we did say we wanted to team with each other at some point. I'd say this was one hell of a time to do so given how this tournament unfolded. You're a great manager -- always on top of things, offering help, asking questions, and doing whatever you could to better our team. On top of that, you're a solid player and that contributed to our success as a team at points, too. Thanks for picking me, all of the help you offered, and everything you contributed to the team. Hopefully, we can team again in the future at some point.

Pearl - Idk if you were considered the assman or just a retain, but you pretty much were an assman if you didn't have the formal label. With this said, you did a great job yourself, with your own games, and as a teammate. I said this about LTPL and I will say it once more about UUPL -- you're really one of the most well-rounded and exceptional players among all of the lower tier tournament players on Smogon, in my opinion. It's pretty impressive seeing you do well consistently and I hope to see this more in the future, hopefully for my own benefit if we happen to team again. Thanks for being a solid, levelheaded teammate and very good showing this tour and as of late in general!

TDK - Tbh I expected you just to build a team a week, test a bit here and there, and maybe say some things in the chat about opponents/your views on the tier, but you went far above and beyond and it was not only impressive, but it also was one of the keys to our success this tournament. Your building and advice about SM UU was huge for our entire SM core and it helped us really dominate the tournament. It's pretty impressive seeing you take up a tier quickly and suddenly become one of the best players and builders, but I guess it isn't too surprising coming from you. Very nice tour, fun teaming with you, and hopefully we won't manage to fuck up OU together in the coming months.

Poek - I mean you're not always the most talkative or outgoing, but just from talking to you about general preparation and stuff earlier this week before my game/building of my team, I can tell you're incredibly solid and you are just a smart player in general. This was reflected in your play/record and it was really chill being on the same team as you. Was also really cool seeing you knock out Sacri in the finals like that! Fun tour and glad we got to team together.

Malekith - I don't talk to you a ton, but you're easily one of the best DPP UUers on Smogon and anyone who followed this tournament should be able to say that with the utmost confidence. Great job this tour -- it was really fun seeing you prepare and play as well as being in the chat with you. Best of luck in WCOP boss, hopefully we can meet you guys in playoffs or something again this year!

bugzinator - I mean you're one of my longest friends on this and we also go way back in BW UU and teaming together in general. It's safe to say that we formed the strongest BW UU core this tournament and it was great working with you like old times. You're one hell of a BW UUer and really just a solid UU tournament player in general, but I'm kind of interested to see you branch out to BW OU this WCOP (hmu if you need anything, btw). It's been really fun over the years and this, alongside NUPL and that POCL, have really been the highlights of our teamwork correlating to success. We both put up really solid records, build some damn good teams, and played well, so pat on the back bud and I can't wait to wreck the competition with you again. Sorry lad~

YABO - Man I've been stuck with you two years now and I still don't fucking hate your guts like I do most people, so you must be doing something right. You're a really chill dude and it was a fun season, especially seeing you use all kinds of off-the-wall shit and doing well nevertheless. I hope you stick around and keep playing at a high level, perhaps we can even make it three years in a row. Best regards dude and it was a pleasure working with you.

rozes - This is the only funny/good thing you contributed all year and I wish you lost to Slurmz.

Floppy - Idk the first thing about ADV UU, but you looked solid and it was fun having you on the team. You tried quite hard and got the results when we needed them, especially in the finals. You're also a funny dude and it was cool having you aboard, especially because I don't think I've teamed with you much, if at all, in the past. Thanks for the fun season bud and perhaps we can team together again.

obii - Lad, you really let us down this tour with all the toxicity and cancer. With that said, you're now a really good friend and, in my opinion, one of the better players of the coming "generation" or whatever you'd like to call it of tournament players. You're not too new, but I expect to see you around a lot more, in SPL, WCOP, etc., after getting off to a really good start this year. It was fun seeing you in this tour even if you had some rough matches -- you showed a lot of competency and helped out whenever you could. Thanks for everything man and was a pleasure teaming with you, hopefully we can do it once more in the future.

Kaori - I liked SamVGC better, but hey not everyone can rock the Sam like testings and our friendly ex-UUTL can. With that said, you didn't drop a game all tour and I found it kind of cool how you adapted and handled things when called upon. Great chat presence and always fun to be around. Hopefully we can team together again at some point and good luck, I'll always be following doubles on the down-low even if I'm incredibly mediocre at it haha.

Rare Poison - I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER NO MATTER HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE xoxo

Hogg Pak KratosMana - thanks for being itc and helping out. you all are great and it was very nice having you :D

Hikari - thanks for hosting the tour n_n

Kink - srry 4 the bitchfit, grats to you/your team on making finals. expect some revenge to be taken next year or smth

Was one hell of a ride. Thanks for everything to everyone again :D

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I'll keep this shorter than I originally planned it to be, mainly because I'm not feeling too inspired at the moment, but also because I've already let most of you guys know how much I enjoyed this tournament, so this is nothing but a formality in a way. Back when retains were announced, I knew that I wanted to work with whoever decided to take over the Mikan Island Monsters for two distinct reasons: first and foremost, the idea of being a "franchise player" for a tournament like this sounded too funny to pass up. Second, I had never managed to find success in UUPL prior to this, so accepting retention was the best way of keeping my overrated ass' price tag from becoming too much of a burden (19k is still a whole lot, but not as much as some managers were willing to spend on me, I think). With that said, when TonyFlygon approached me to say how much he wanted to get himself a UUPL team I knew that we had to make it happen somehow. For reference, we barely had time to recover from a couple of shitty campaigns together (starting with last year's NUPL and including WCoP + SPL), but between our sophisticated senses of humor and a couple of slightly more serious moments we got along just fine (perhaps a little bit too nicely, but alas). Honestly, I wasn't too hopeful about it, with my expectations being limited to drafting a couple of friends and having a fun time together while also attempting to win a few matches along the way. And that's exactly what happened in practice, except that we didn't just have a good time; we legitimately managed to create one of the best team environments I've ever had the opportunity to experience in a team tournament, featuring a couple of talkative characters, the veterans with very few words to say to balance the former out and a couple of crazy people such as YABO and bugzinator (sry lad). We also happened to win the whole thing, but as crazy as it sounds, that's secondary compared to the fun moments we've shared throughout these past 2 months.

With that said, here are the individual shout outs I've been promising since Week 9 or so. Some background information for the outsiders: The Mikan Island Monsters Discord group has a channel dedicated to posting "funny" quotes only, and I'll be using some of those throughout the rest of this post in a BKC-esque fashion (although I admit that BKC is wittier than I'll ever be)

The original goons

Hikari - Thanks for going through the work of hosting this tournament in spite of the fact that your country is a literal mess at the moment. It's funny how we've known each other for so long and I still can't help but find you slightly scary / hard to approach at times (although I'm perfectly aware of the fact that we get along just fine), but I guess that's what you get when you become one of the best people at calling others out for their dumb moments.
Kink - Today at 1:52 PM
fighting and sex is a wonderful thing
Hikari - Today at 1:52 PM
thats called rape
Kink - Today at 1:52 PM
not what I was referring to
Hikari - Today at 1:52 PM
haha let me beat u while I fuck u

Tony - Thank you for always being around whenever I need your assistance in spite of your ludicrously busy schedule. I've already made a reference to how much I appreciate your presence in this post, and I feel like it'd be inappropriate to drag this out too much when we still have to get through WCoP together, but sometimes it's nice to remind people that you're grateful to them, you know? Thanks for always listening to my crazy ideas (and some of my rants) and for putting EV spreads and sets together on my teams whenever I get too lazy to open the damage calculator, but most importantly, thanks for putting this wonderful team together with your otherworldly negotiation skills (for real, it takes a genius to convince someone that TDK is worth another player +2k)

I could use literally any quote featuring your amazing wordplay abilities, but we don't want others to get too tired of those...

TDK - The other retain... I'm aware that everyone's been claiming I was the MVP behind our team's run, but I'll respectfully deny those statements and give credit where it's due. Preparing a team for your own game and playing it optimally for 9 weeks straight is easier said than done (or else everyone would have good records), but preparing three teams per week for the entirety of a 9 week tournament (for a tier you've just picked up, no less!) is nothing short of amazing, and I want people to know how much work you put into UUPL in spite of its lack of a reward or even prestige in comparison to trophy tournaments. I know that in a perfect world you'd have an outstanding record to match your efforts, but I still hope you had at least as much fun as I did. That aside, you're my fucking friend and I apologize for always ranting and dominating our conversations, but sometimes I just can't help but get passionate about stuff. Seriously hope we can team up again in the future!
TDK - Today at 8:45 PM
fuck yeah america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE DONALD TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABR - Today at 2:52 PM
is ark good
i got him in gsc cup
Zen Mode Pearl - Today at 2:53 PM
he's like tdk
except +2k
ABR - Today at 2:53 PM

The squadron

Poek - It feels a little weird thinking that it's been more than one year since we've started talking, but here we are. You're the #1 person I reach out to whenever I want to weeb it out with someone else, which says a lot about how tight we are. For real though, I never thought I'd be able to find someone else who appreciates the masterpiece that is Rewrite within this lifetime, so we'd be friends even if you were the worst Pokemon player in the world. As for this tournament in particular, I couldn't ask for a better player to nab teams from TDK and I and then proceed to pilot them to perfection with a minimal amount of test games under your belt. It's very unfortunate that HPL decided it would rob us until the bitter end, but at least we managed to get something out of what I call the premier league season, so it's not too bad I guess. Thanks for trusting me when I said it was a good call to sign up for this!

Finchinator - Fun fact: I'm currently praying to the goddess of unreasonably long posts so I manage to find a way to finish these and it reminded me of you! I honestly don't even remember how we became friends, but it seems like you're everywhere I go on this website, and that's fine by me. Sometimes I get a little freaked out about how passionate you get about this game, and I still think that you and CBB should stop wasting your energy hating on each other, but that aside, you're a chill person to those around you (myself included) and you're one of the few people I'd trust to hold the BW UU fort for the Mikan Island Monsters (even though you did end up losing to King UU in one of the most ungodly games that has happened in recent times).

Malekith - Daddy! You're someone I've always looked up to as a Pokemon player, not just because of your ability to access pretty much every situation in a calm and composed way (which is, in my opinion, the #1 trait a DPP player can have), but also because of your creativity and willingness to innovate, even if the metagame you're building for is thought to be entirely figured out. I seriously have no clue why, but you actually managed to fly under the radar when Tony and I originally created the draft plan for the Monsters. However, after Bouff's lord squad decided to blow over 20k on FLCL and we found ourselves lacking in DPP alternatives, we never looked back once we saw your name on the spreadsheet. Thanks for sticking with us and for working hard to keep your last couple of Pokemon unrevealed even after your tough OST loss. Pretty sure you'll be able to conquer an individual trophy eventually!

bugzinator - Sorry lad. Seriously though, I didn't think you were this crazy the last time we teamed up, so I was quite surprised the first time you left our team chat. I grew used to it by the 100th time or so, and the team even managed to get some laughs out of it. Plus, going out of your way to fake a couple of losses can be annoyed to people who are out of the loop, but it was amazing to see our team bonding over your over-the-top conduct. All in all, I think that your astounding record of 6 wins to over 500 "lost sry lads" really shows the extent of your contributions to the squad, and I was legitimately happy that we got to team up again after all this time. Hope you lose a lot of games in WCoP lad!

rozes - Here's the shout out I never had the chance to give you in SPL. We've been teammates in pretty much every single team tournament lately, and while not all of our attempts were successful, I still have very few regrets when it comes to always trying to end up on your team. Thanks for being a workhorse during SPL (although many of our draft decisions were very questionable) and for putting up with my shit all the time. Also, good job getting carried by TDK's teams all UUPL long
Just remember that you're not supposed to let Conkeldurr's Flame Orb get knocked off before it is burned!

rozes - Today at 9:49 PM
misxty an psy do spderf
grassy an elex bppst def

Floppy - The legend... we haven't really gotten to talk much over the course of this tournament, but I want you to know that I'm thankful for every kind word you've ever said about my Pokemon playing abilities and also for your willingness to take over ADV UU for our team when no one else had much experience in it. For what it's worth, I still remember that one time when you smacked my half-baked attempt at counterteaming your Trick Room / Dual Spikes Greninja heat with Z-Belly Drum Azumarill in the official circlejerk tournament. It goes without saying that I wasn't too happy about it, but looking back it was actually an hilarious initial interaction. Unfortunately though, I couldn't find any funny quotes of yours within our backlog, so I'll have to skip that part this time around

obii - This is going to sound very lame, but you're the one reason that makes me not regret tutoring. I've always had a soft spot for you ever since you asked me to help you improving your ORAS UU teambuilding abilities, and seeing you grow into Team Greece's #1 helper and then into an SPL finalist has made me prouder than most of my own "accomplishments" on this website. Please note that I'm not trying to downgrade any of what you've achieved by implying that I made you or anything of sorts, but I like to think that I somehow managed to influence your way of approaching this game, even if just a little bit. That aside, chatting with you is awesome, and I always get this feeling that you're a legitimately excellent human being, which makes the fact that you've turned into a weeb even better than it already is. However, I still think that you have a lot of room to grow as an individual player, which can seen by the fact that your rash approach has costed you a game or two in this tournament. You'll be an amazing player if you manage to improve on that though, and I'm still thankful for your contributions throughout UUPL. Hope that me, you and TDK get to "weeb it out" together again in the future

obii - Today at 5:11 PM
i played
lost sorry lads
Vileman - Today at 5:12 PM
fk
it aite
3-3 now
rite
obii - Today at 5:13 PM
oops wrong team tour

YABO - King Turtankhamun himself. I find it hilarious that we disagree on literally every single metagame related detail we chat about, but I guess you're bound to find someone like that after playing this game for so long. I'm still a little perplexed regarding how you suddenly decided that Aquadext deserved to win in finals, but I would be lying if I said I've never messed up during an important Pokemon match. In fact, if you ever want to feel better about that display, you should consider checking out on my SPL 6 match against FAJI, a game that I affectionately like to call "my claim to fame". That aside, I still stand by my words regarding Turtonator's niche in UU (news flash: it's awful!), and you were probably a little too wild most of the time (except for that one time when master Pak forced you to run MandiQueen), but you were also tons of fun to have on board, and it's safe to say that the Mikan Island Turtonators wouldn't have that name if it wasn't for your contribution.
Not really a quote of yours, but it displays the beast you've created thanks to this tournament perfectly:

Kaori - First of all, sorry for being entirely useless throughout the entirety of DPL. I know that you cared a lot about that tournament, and I also know how much our team as a whole deserved to win that one (even if a couple of our players had a stroke or two during finals). That aside, I hope that our victory in UUPL was able to make up for our unsuccessful doubles campaign. This also doubles up as an SPL shout out, because even though one of the last impressions you got from me was that I was unsatisfied with your performance (due to the whole week 8 stuff mostly, but I like to think that we managed to get past that with ease), you're one of the guys I'd gladly team up with again out of our SPL 8 team. As for UUPL itself, I know that you didn't get to show your prowess in this tier, but I can also say with confidence that you'd be worthy of a starter spot on pretty much any other team in this tournament, so please do stick around in singles
By the way, contrary to most people, I actually like your name change (weebs are cool and stuff), but I'll still be calling you Sam most of the time, so yeah.
vapetitanVGC - Today at 8:52 PM
lost sorry lads
Vileman - Today at 8:57 PM
it aite
replay
?
vapetitanVGC - Today at 9:05 PM
oops wrong team tour

Rare Poison - You're probably the person I've interacted with the least within our team, but I'm thankful for your help in BW. We should both be thankful that there was no PU in this tournament right? You're also a really chill person, and it's pretty cool that this time we actually won the whole thing instead of coming close (as we did in LTPL).

The honorary monsters

Hogg - I know that I'm not always as levelheaded as I should be, so I'm glad that we have someone like you around to knock some sense into our young minds (while also sharing some of America's most retarded news in the meantime). You were one of the first people to get on the Monsters hype train, and your presence helped improving both our ORAS and ADV slots vastly, so thanks a ton. I hope you turn out to be one of the best tier leaders UU has seen (although I'm also patiently waiting in a corner for either you or Hikari to give me a leader spot, but that's a conversation for another day), and I'll keep doing my best as a council member to guarantee that we get the best out of this metagame.
hogg - Today at 2:06 PM
When is latios dropping
Bored with this weaksauce red latias

Pak - You're legitimately one of the people I've had the most fun theorizing with, and I'm happy that you decided to lend us a hand in finals (and a little sad that I never got to play you in the end, but hopefully that'll happen eventually). You're also one of the few guys who can recognize how much potential there is in the ORAS UU metagame, and also that Sylveon balance isn't the only viable approach there is to it (although we've both come to accept that, after all is said and done, ORAS UU has grown into a pretty lackluster tier). Besides that, we two share a deep hatred for the many uneducated comments people make on things they have no knowledge about, which is a plus. All in all, I consider you one of UU's most creative minds at the moment, and I seriously hope that your ORAS UU prowess translates nicely to SM UU. Unfortunately, the only funny quote I have of yours is something that should probably go unmentioned in this thread, so have a blob instead
Let's win MPL now?

edit: never mind! Just found this gem:

KratosMana - I'm gay. I guess I'll use this this chance to write an OUPL shout out as well. Thanks for giving me a chance to team up with all of my friends. I know that I wasn't always on top of my game, but at least I managed to come through when it actually mattered, so it wasn't all in vain. As for UUPL, I'm glad that you got to hop aboard and give gorgie some help that he couldn't really find within our team's members. Hope you stay a raging homosexual for years and years to come
You're also one of the coolest people on this website, and I'm thankful that we've managed to stay in touch through the trials and tribulation. Our next mission should be making the weeb chat great again so we can watch some more movies and maybe actually complete an anime series together.

All of the people who've helped me testing my crazy ideas throughout this tournament (a.k.a. the testing bitches) - Sacri', TSR, Eyan, Accelgor, Bushtush, dodmen, BOUFF, Kushalos and anyone else who's ever played a test game with me: thanks for your availability and willingness to check out my squads. My individual success wouldn't have been possible without your influence, and I feel like being able to learn with other people is one of the keys to being successful in Pokemon and life in general.

Christo - You get an honorable mention for giving me the inspiration I needed to finish my team for the match against Rodriblutar. I know that I used to give you some shit back when ORAS was the main metagame due to your one-dimensional building style, but Aerolyn might indeed be one of the most solid teams the tier has ever seen.

Teddeh - You get an honorable mention for winning two games with the best ORAS UU team ever created. Also, don't call me a PU player.

ez -

Superstar★Pearl out~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)