UU - Learning Low Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is where we observe the Under Used ladder's low ladder plays, teams, and replays to try to truly understand the thought process behind low ladder. As this may seem impossible due to the "innovation" that low ladder players love to use, attempting to understand the thought process behind less skilled players could be crucial for newer players and a fun project for more experienced players.

Here you can share replays or sets of "innovative" Pokemon you have seen low ladder. Just for clarification, Low Ladder is generally below 1400 elo on the ladder but is considered any under qualified player using sets, Pokemon or EV spreads that are non-viable in the current meta. Discussion on each set's viability, minor improvements to improve viability, and the players mindset while creating the set is encouraged. This thread is not made to badmouth less skilled players, only to analyse their mindsets.

Pretty sure threads need approval m8

But for the most part lower ladder players are simply less experienced, they don't understand what they need to watch out for or what everything does/is used for, they might not even be familiar with type match ups. I know when I first started playing competitively I thought you could stack Stealth Rocks... It's not that they have a different mind set it's just that they're unfamiliar and because of this use moves that don't make sense, or don't predict/predict incorrectly. I don't think it's necessarily that they have a different mind set, more so just a less knowledgeable mind set.

So this is kinda a "Don't Use That, Use This" thread?
Its more like if someone uses a Pokemon such as Garbodor or other Pokemon that don't get usage in UU, it would be discussed to try to understand why they used it, and if it could be used properly in the tier. Don't use that, use this, would only be used if there is a Pokemon that outclasses it in every way.

Pretty sure threads need approval m8

But for the most part lower ladder players are simply less experienced, they don't understand what they need to watch out for or what everything does/is used for, they might not even be familiar with type match ups. I know when I first started playing competitively I thought you could stack Stealth Rocks... It's not that they have a different mind set it's just that they're unfamiliar and because of this use moves that don't make sense, or don't predict/predict incorrectly. I don't think it's necessarily that they have a different mind set, more so just a less knowledgeable mind set.
Yeah, I know that when people start they have no clue what they are doing, so analyzing that would be pointless. Low ladder is made up of two groups. The first group is new players that have no competitive experience and use mindless moves such as tail whip. The second group is players with low experience, but are "innovating" to try and create new sets that will work in this tier. This thread is to try and pick out the players in the second group and try to understand their thought process, to see if it could bring any value in the tier.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Something like this would need approval from Hikari or I. I don't think this would be particularly useful, as the people who you're trying to 'analyze' here would likely never see this. The only purpose it would have would be to make fun of low ladder players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)