UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

lol I didn't know we were doing the 5th slot too (seems like a lot going on tbh), but I'll vote for SR Bisharp because I would have nominated an offensive SR setter and I can't stand Maero even if it will prob win again.

Already voted for the sets, but Life Orb + Poison Jab for Hax, SpD. EVs with Play Rough and Magnet Rise for Klefki, and Future Sight + Ice Beam for Slowking

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I'm honestly just voting aero because for no particular reason I don't want csb to win every time
For haxorus, I'm gonna go LO Pjab since I'm not usually a fan of iron tail's accuracy and hitting hard is good.

On klefki, I also support a specially defensive set (with careful of course), and Play Rough and Magnet Rise get my vote for it to hit those pesky dark switchins.

And on Slowking, I really like the idea of Future Sight+Ice Beam. I enjoy future sight AV king in general and ice beam will hit dragons relatively hard.
honestly didn't know that that was a submission phase for mon 5, thought we were just voting on sets. I would've submitted something otherwise :[

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
ok I'll cast my vote now.

So I would like Mega Aerodactyl to fill the 5th slot since it provides a nice Ground-immunity and functions as a solid / soft check to some of our team's biggest weaknesses such as Talonflame, Infernape, Volcanion (Fire-types in general), and Celebi. I want to solidify the moveset after I get to see the candidates for the 6th slot, so no opinion for now.

For Haxorus I think Life Orb would be best since we have Spikes from Klefki to weaken bulkier foes such as Hippowdon, and Poison Jab mainly because I don't see any reason to run Iron Tail since it doesn't pick up any noticeable KOs (that I'm aware of anyways).

Since I suggested it, I would like Klefki to be fully specially defensive with a Careful nature (+SpD -SpA). For the moves I think Play Rough and Magnet Rise will be the best options. Klefki is able to hit Latias harder with Play Rough since it has a lower physical defense, it also has random perks like breaking SubCM Raikou's Substitute. While Mega Aero does provide a Ground-immunity, Magnet Rise will help provide an easier matchup against Terrakion.

Since we have this Spikes stacking team going on, Slowking should have both Future Sight and Dragon Tail to help force switches to rack up hazard damage so Haxorus and maybe Conkeldurr will have an easier time sweeping.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wanna abstain on voting for a mon this week...I'm not really sold on Porygon2 or Mega Aerodactyl (though if I was absolutely forced to pick I'd go P2) because our team as it stands with either Porygon2 or Mega Aerodactyl on it gets obliterated by SD scizor, which has a few setup opportunities, most of them against Klefki, Haxorus locked into Outrage, or on a play where Slowking is low on HP and forced to switch. In light of this I'm gonna change my Klefki vote to phys. def w/Foul Play just because that's kind of our biggest saving grace against Scizor.

252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe Klefki w/Play Rough + Foul Play
LO Haxorus w/ Poison Jab
Future Sight/Ice Beam AV Slowking

It's looking like Mega Aerodactyl's gonna be the likely winner so thinking ahead you're probably going to want Crunch/Pursuit on it so that this team handles Latias better. And unless you decide to change Aerodactyl's set to feature Stealth Rock, we're gonna need a rocks user of some sort in the last slot, non-negotiable

Going to actually suggest changing conk for that bulky infernape ahead of time so we can have a rocks setter and a fairy/steel check that also beats scizor.

Not in voting but CSB does make a good point and scizor is everywhere. This'll help with some weaknesses, and can give us some leeway on the last mon of our team.

Infernape @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright I'm gonna close voting for now. Everyone is in favor of Mega Aerodactyl to fill the 5th slot!

Mega Aerodactyl - 8
Bisharp - 1

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Earthquake / Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace

As for the movesets... the majority follows
Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful
Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

So keep in mind that the team is extremely weak to SD Scizor, especially one it reaches +2, with our only check being Klefki which can't do much back. While I didn't mention this earlier, I found Bewear quite threatening as well. Other notable threats include Mega-Blastoise, Primarina, and Nasty Plot Celebi (kinda-ish).

Deadline for submissions will be 5/14 @ 11:59 PM PST

Discussion Points:
  • Conkeldurr -> Bulky Infernape (courtesy of Nightingales) = helps alleviate our weakness to Scizor.
  • Mega Aerodactyl's set

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
the team as of now...

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Remember that the team will be "set" in stone after this round, so this would be the time to express any changes / concerns / comments you have about the team currently. There will be a discussion after Round 6 but, the changes proposed there will only be considered by the Team Rater at the end and will not be voted on.​

I think ape could def. Take conks spot. The big status hes here for is burn and ape os immune and honestly king doesnt care about it either.

Aero should be crunch to deal with lati + other psys.

For the last slot im thinking to help with our water/fairy issue and just to add a pretty decent blanket check to shit

Volcanion
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast

I left everything open on this because we have alot of wiggle room. 216+ hits 253 speed which beats zor. 40hp for lulz and because tieing with shape is pointless. All of this set is subject to change based off what you guys think. Imo z-solar is probably the way to go but specs/airballon/leftys/lo could work.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
lol tbh I believe Volcanion is the perfect fit for the last slot since it is the perfect check to Fairies, Waters (including Primarina), and most importantly Scizor. Not sure if I have a submission that can top that tbh. I'm going to test out Z-Solar Beam and see how it works out since we don't have a Z-Crystal user yet but, Choice Specs does seem like the better choice as of now. If we go Volcanion, I don't see Infernape being too necessary but, depending on the other submissions Infernape may be the way to go.

Anyways I think I'm more in favor of AoA Aerodactyl with Stone Edge / Aerial Ace / Earthquake / Pursuit. I don't find Aqua Tail necessary since we have a Ground check through Slowking (potentially 2 if Volcanion wins), but I can see it working to lure in Gliscor and Hippowdon. I find Pursuit a little more useful to trap mons like Gengar and other Psychic-types.

Overall I'd say we could potentially swap a team mate for a hazard remover considering we have 2 mons that are weak to rocks and Klefki doesn't exactly appreciate being worn down since it has no recovery. I can't think of a mon to replace though, maybe Slowking for Starmie (not too fond of it since we lose our Latias switch-in) or maybe Mega Blastoise + Scizor in place of Mega Aero and Slowking (though I'm also not too fond about Defog+Spikes). Anyways, those are just some random ideas, would like to see more input!!

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I don't really know how exactly to improve this team at the current moment, I just know that we really, really need stealth rock support. It'll be pretty necessary to replace one of our other mons with a stealth rock user or to make Maero our rocker if we go with Volcanion. Volcanion may be the best option for now, however.

EDIT: tmac stated an alternative team setup in his post below (keeping the same core of Hax+Conk) which I would actually support over our current team if that's a thing we can do.

Last edited:
To be honest, I wish I was here before during the Klefki and Slowking week because I'm not even sure why those two are even on the team lol. They just look like they are there to be annoying. I don't like klefki by the way, because togekiss just helps out more anyways as a bulky annoying fairy type with some actual power and recovery, not to mention it can take advantage of t-wave much better than klefki. Slowking is a cool bulky pivot but, I'm not sure I'd want it for this team strictly because there are better pivots for Haxorus. If we focused more on how to help Haxorus sweep on an end that would benefit other team members as well, then we wouldn't be in so much trouble right now. No diss to anybody, but I feel like this is where we went wrong with the team. If we keep those two guys then yeah, replace conk for infernape and add on tentacruel as hazard control that handles fairies decently well (including water types).
Honestly though, I could see the team being moreover -> Haxorus (sweeper), Conkeldurr (Guts), Togekiss (T-wave+Nasty Plot or T-wave+Defog), Metagross (rocks), Krookodile (pursuit), and Mega Blastoise (all out attacking or even spin if nasty plot togekiss)
Togekiss + Mega Blastoise is pretty cool because you don't know who is the hazard removal and it would've brought in some nice offensive+defensive synergy for the whole team (with t-wave support). Krookodile and Metagross would've been good at psyching out people on what our rocker is and make them second guess our sets. All of this would of been good surprise factors. Togekiss also handles a lot of what we are having trouble with including Metagross. Krookodile also would've been nice to have to pursuit weakened Latias/Celebi or Gengar (as well as other threats) for Haxorus and other team members.
So yeah my nomination for the last slot is Tentacruel.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray/Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

I also agree that Volcanion would be nearly perfect for the team (fun fact: I was going to nominate Volcanion a couple of rounds ago, but got really busy and wouldn't have been able to do it justice lol). However, this raises an issue - mainly, we would have no stealth rocker and replacing Conk with Ape would be a little redundant I think. Before I get to my actual nom, I would say that I would go with a Bloom Doom set of Solar Beam, Steam Eruption, Fire Blast and perhaps some Hidden Power (you'll see why no Earth Power or Sludge Bomb in a sec lol).

Ok so to alleviate the Stealth Rock issue, I would be willing to dip back into the Nido well one more time (I swear I'm not obsessed with the Nidos lol) and nominate Nidoqueen as an offensive rock setter.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 136 HP / 44 Def / 112 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Yes these EVs look strange, but I was messing around on the calculator (started with the default Queen from UU Showdown Usage) and this seemed to hit most of the remaining targets. Flamethrower for Scizor (Queen can live a +2 Bullet Punch for reference), Sludge Wave for Primarina and Celebi. 216 Speed outruns Specs Primarina, 136 HP is enough total bulk to live Celebi's Psychic before it Nasty Plots. 112 SpA and 44 Def were basically the leftovers but the special attack is just enough to guarantee the OHKO on Primarina and Celebi with Sludge Wave and the Defense helps take Scizor better

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 136 HP / 44 Def Nidoqueen: 298-352 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 136 HP / 44 Def Nidoqueen: 298-352 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
112+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 525-619 (186.8 - 220.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

112+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 307-361 (101.9 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Celebi Psychic vs. 136 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 282-332 (79.4 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (obviously can't let it get to +2)
112+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celebi: 346-408 (101.4 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now, this may not still be ideal (Mega Blastoise still tears through the team with this addition), but it was the best I could come up with to not copy the Volcanion submission and I do believe we still need an offensive rocks setter. Someone on the current team would have to be dropped for Volcanion and Nidoqueen to join, so we would have to discuss that (maybe Slowking?)

Final thought: while digging around the creative sets thread I saw a Timid AV Slowking whose goal was to outspeed Scizor and KO with Fire Blast, so maybe we can consider that too if Scizor is still deemed a threat. Ok thanks for reading all this!

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright this is going to be quite a lengthy post. so I was able to play around with the team and the potential 6th slots and changes as well. I'm also basing all of my responses based on Volcanion as the last slot (Yes I have tried out both Nidoqueen and Tentacruel but, I personally liked Volcanion more since it checks a lot more Pokemon such as Waters, Fairies, and Scizor in one without being a momentum drain) Anyways...

After reading tmacbalanced's post, I'm not too fond of Slowking right now in particular since it seems a bit odd to me find it on an offensive-e team. While I really do think Spikes stacks with Klefki is very solid, I would much rather have hazard removal considering both Mega Aero and Volcanion are checking quite a lot, and having them switch into hazards isn't too ideal.

I liked the idea of swapping out both Klefki and Slowking for both utility Togekiss and Metagross. I feel that if we add Volcanion to the team, it would've overlapped quite a bit since Klefki would check Latias and such while Volcanion checks Water-types. Though HP Fire Latias would be something we would be weak to. Personally, I think Metagross is probably a nice substitution since we have a nice Dark check with Klefki / Togekiss and Conkeldurr, and it is able to check Latias and also act as a secondary Fairy check (it helps a lot against a weakness against CM Clefable) which helps alleviate some stress for Volcanion.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry / Colbur Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

I wasn't able to test out these last few Metagross sets but, I could the Expert Belt set being pretty decent to lure in Swampert specifically and other Water-types with Grass Knot, not sure how I feel about it since we lose Pursuit (which I find pretty necessary since Metagross is a better Latias Pursuit trapper than Mega Aero). It's an option nevertheless. Also I'm not sure who came up with the set, I just remember seeing CrystalFalchion using it during week 1 of RW.

Metagross @ Expert Belt
EVs: 220 Atk / 112 SpA / 176 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

As for Assault Vest, this was the set I would've used. I probably wouldn't use it since the EVs were pretty random honestly. Anyways, Assault Vest Metagross was meant to be paired with Stealth Rock Mega Aero (Rocks / Stone Edge / EQ / Wing Attack or maybe Ice Fang / Aqua Tail since Gliscor could be annoying?). Assault Vest provides Metagross an even better matchup against offensive Celebi, Fire Blast Clefable, and HP Fire Latias at the expense of like having no speed (which can be fixed) and a worse matchup against Dark / ground types without a type resist berry. If we do decide to go with this set, entry hazard removal is a must since Metagross will get worn down quite easily.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

So enough about Metagross... As for Togekiss I believe a utility set can replace Klefki. Togekiss also helps check Fighting-types (mainly like Keldeo and Heracross, but it will provide a better matchup to threats like Bewear and Infernape better than Klefki). Conkeldurr can be a little problematic depending on whether or not it has Band / Poison Jab / Ice Punch. Anyways, Togekiss provides the much needed entry hazard removal, considering we have 1 (potentially 2), stealth rocks weak Pokemon. I don't find Nasty Plot necessary considering Haxorus is already a very solid stallbreaker so yeah. Also I'm not too sure if utility Togekiss is even good on offense, I personally found it quite nice (I remember seeing either Shiba or Eyan bringing it up at one point).

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Lastly, since JoarAddamNessosin kinda made the Volcanion set a toss-up, I found Z-SolarBeam probably the most effective. Z-Solarbeam helps our matchup against Water-types (specifically bulkier ones) such as Slowking(bro), Suicune, and Mega Blastoise. Not much to say other than that lol, I just found that Choice Specs sets were easily taken advantage of if Volcanion locked itself into HP Electric or Sludge Bomb by Pokemon like Nasty Plot Celebi, Cobalion, and CM Latias. Leftovers recovery was nice but, I liked the spike in power with Grassium-Z more.

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam

Anyways thanks for reading my wall! I'm actually considering extending the deadline by a day to get more input on the laundry list of changes ^^

oh yeah, I'll also encourage everyone to use all 3 submissions and the team and see how it feels for any last minute changes after (or during) this round.

e- just realized this core is weak to both Nidos (I didn't think much about it since I didn't face either while testing surprisingly) but, we have Mega Aero as a check though which might not be enough.

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader
I was thinking about maybe changing maero out for krook

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Krookodile would give us stronger ground coverage, slightly less scizor weakness, more speed, and a decent way to rk nidos if we were to take those drastic changes. Also, I'm just not really a fan of Maero on the team tbh.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright hope everyone had a chance to play with the submissions and the proposed changes! Round 6 of voting will be quite long soooo...

For the 6th slot we have,
JoarAddamNessosin / HotFuzzBall - Volcanion
I think ape could def. Take conks spot. The big status hes here for is burn and ape os immune and honestly king doesnt care about it either.

Aero should be crunch to deal with lati + other psys.

For the last slot im thinking to help with our water/fairy issue and just to add a pretty decent blanket check to shit

Volcanion
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast

I left everything open on this because we have alot of wiggle room. 216+ hits 253 speed which beats zor. 40hp for lulz and because tieing with shape is pointless. All of this set is subject to change based off what you guys think. Imo z-solar is probably the way to go but specs/airballon/leftys/lo could work.
------
Lastly, since JoarAddamNessosin kinda made the Volcanion set a toss-up, I found Z-SolarBeam probably the most effective. Z-Solarbeam helps our matchup against Water-types (specifically bulkier ones) such as Slowking(bro), Suicune, and Mega Blastoise. Not much to say other than that lol, I just found that Choice Specs sets were easily taken advantage of if Volcanion locked itself into HP Electric or Sludge Bomb by Pokemon like Nasty Plot Celebi, Cobalion, and CM Latias. Leftovers recovery was nice but, I liked the spike in power with Grassium-Z more.

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam

tmacbalanced - Tentacruel
To be honest, I wish I was here before during the Klefki and Slowking week because I'm not even sure why those two are even on the team lol. They just look like they are there to be annoying. I don't like klefki by the way, because togekiss just helps out more anyways as a bulky annoying fairy type with some actual power and recovery, not to mention it can take advantage of t-wave much better than klefki. Slowking is a cool bulky pivot but, I'm not sure I'd want it for this team strictly because there are better pivots for Haxorus. If we focused more on how to help Haxorus sweep on an end that would benefit other team members as well, then we wouldn't be in so much trouble right now. No diss to anybody, but I feel like this is where we went wrong with the team. If we keep those two guys then yeah, replace conk for infernape and add on tentacruel as hazard control that handles fairies decently well (including water types).
Honestly though, I could see the team being moreover -> Haxorus (sweeper), Conkeldurr (Guts), Togekiss (T-wave+Nasty Plot or T-wave+Defog), Metagross (rocks), Krookodile (pursuit), and Mega Blastoise (all out attacking or even spin if nasty plot togekiss)
Togekiss + Mega Blastoise is pretty cool because you don't know who is the hazard removal and it would've brought in some nice offensive+defensive synergy for the whole team (with t-wave support). Krookodile and Metagross would've been good at psyching out people on what our rocker is and make them second guess our sets. All of this would of been good surprise factors. Togekiss also handles a lot of what we are having trouble with including Metagross. Krookodile also would've been nice to have to pursuit weakened Latias/Celebi or Gengar (as well as other threats) for Haxorus and other team members.
So yeah my nomination for the last slot is Tentacruel.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray/Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

OrangeGuru - Offensive Stealth Rock Nidoqueen
I also agree that Volcanion would be nearly perfect for the team (fun fact: I was going to nominate Volcanion a couple of rounds ago, but got really busy and wouldn't have been able to do it justice lol). However, this raises an issue - mainly, we would have no stealth rocker and replacing Conk with Ape would be a little redundant I think. Before I get to my actual nom, I would say that I would go with a Bloom Doom set of Solar Beam, Steam Eruption, Fire Blast and perhaps some Hidden Power (you'll see why no Earth Power or Sludge Bomb in a sec lol).

Ok so to alleviate the Stealth Rock issue, I would be willing to dip back into the Nido well one more time (I swear I'm not obsessed with the Nidos lol) and nominate Nidoqueen as an offensive rock setter.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 136 HP / 44 Def / 112 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Yes these EVs look strange, but I was messing around on the calculator (started with the default Queen from UU Showdown Usage) and this seemed to hit most of the remaining targets. Flamethrower for Scizor (Queen can live a +2 Bullet Punch for reference), Sludge Wave for Primarina and Celebi. 216 Speed outruns Specs Primarina, 136 HP is enough total bulk to live Celebi's Psychic before it Nasty Plots. 112 SpA and 44 Def were basically the leftovers but the special attack is just enough to guarantee the OHKO on Primarina and Celebi with Sludge Wave and the Defense helps take Scizor better
There are also quite a few proposed changes as well. Remember that you can vote to keep the said mon as well.
Slowking -> Metagross (Vote for a set as well if you chose Metagross)
I liked the idea of swapping out both Klefki and Slowking for both utility Togekiss and Metagross. I feel that if we add Volcanion to the team, it would've overlapped quite a bit since Klefki would check Latias and such while Volcanion checks Water-types. Though HP Fire Latias would be something we would be weak to. Personally, I think Metagross is probably a nice substitution since we have a nice Dark check with Klefki / Togekiss and Conkeldurr, and it is able to check Latias and also act as a secondary Fairy check (it helps a lot against a weakness against CM Clefable) which helps alleviate some stress for Volcanion.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry / Colbur Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

I wasn't able to test out these last few Metagross sets but, I could the Expert Belt set being pretty decent to lure in Swampert specifically and other Water-types with Grass Knot, not sure how I feel about it since we lose Pursuit (which I find pretty necessary since Metagross is a better Latias Pursuit trapper than Mega Aero). It's an option nevertheless. Also I'm not sure who came up with the set, I just remember seeing CrystalFalchion using it during week 1 of RW.

Metagross @ Expert Belt
EVs: 220 Atk / 112 SpA / 176 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

As for Assault Vest, this was the set I would've used. I probably wouldn't use it since the EVs were pretty random honestly. Anyways, Assault Vest Metagross was meant to be paired with Stealth Rock Mega Aero (Rocks / Stone Edge / EQ / Wing Attack or maybe Ice Fang / Aqua Tail since Gliscor could be annoying?). Assault Vest provides Metagross an even better matchup against offensive Celebi, Fire Blast Clefable, and HP Fire Latias at the expense of like having no speed (which can be fixed) and a worse matchup against Dark / ground types without a type resist berry. If we do decide to go with this set, entry hazard removal is a must since Metagross will get worn down quite easily.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Klefki -> Utility Togekiss
So enough about Metagross... As for Togekiss I believe a utility set can replace Klefki. Togekiss also helps check Fighting-types (mainly like Keldeo and Heracross, but it will provide a better matchup to threats like Bewear and Infernape better than Klefki). Conkeldurr can be a little problematic depending on whether or not it has Band / Poison Jab / Ice Punch. Anyways, Togekiss provides the much needed entry hazard removal, considering we have 1 (potentially 2), stealth rocks weak Pokemon. I don't find Nasty Plot necessary considering Haxorus is already a very solid stallbreaker so yeah. Also I'm not too sure if utility Togekiss is even good on offense, I personally found it quite nice (I remember seeing either Shiba or Eyan bringing it up at one point).

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Mega Aerodactyl -> Choice Scarf Krookodile
I was thinking about maybe changing maero out for krook

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Krookodile would give us stronger ground coverage, slightly less scizor weakness, more speed, and a decent way to rk nidos if we were to take those drastic changes. Also, I'm just not really a fan of Maero on the team tbh.

The deadline for voting will be 5/16 @ 11:59PM PST! Though since this is a lengthy vote, there may be an extension.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

i agree with replacing Togekiss>Klefki, as it still provides T-Wave support and can check a lot more threats, as well as providing an extremely helpful ground immunity. The one thing i would miss is Spikes, as I still think it would be useful given how many switches Hax and Conk force, but I guess I can settle for rocks.

I like the idea of slowking being replaced by Metagross, as this way we would have a physical switchin to complement Kiss. I like the Expert Belt set as it gives us a way to hit Swampert and Gastrodon while hitting hard in general AND giving rocks support.

Since we don't have Pursuit on Metagross, I'm still in favor of keeping Maero as it is the fastest unboosted mon in the tier. I like Krook too, but the ability to trap someone and then not have to immediately switch afterward is more useful imo.

Really like the way this team is coming keep it up :toast:

Ok 6th slot: Volcanion (covers the last few weaknesses nearly perfectly and Bloom Doom gives us an out against water types)

Other changes: Scarf Krook to replace Maero (I like the extra speed and ability to pursuit trap is solid), Shuca Gross (to add rocks and help against ground-types; although I would swap Pursuit for Bullet Punch) and Twave Kiss to replace Klefki (even though Prankster + Spikes is nice, people have adequately listed the reasons to use Kiss; also Heal Bell would be nice but if we are replacing Klefki, I would want Twave for speed control to remain)

I dunno why I'm not getting alerts on this :(
Utility Togekiss with T-wave over Klefki
Expert Belt Stealth Rocks Metagross over Slowking
I want to keep Mega Aero because it puts in a lot of work mid-late game for this team.
And my last vote is for Volcanion mainly because of how flexible the bloom doom set is for this team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)