UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Superpower
- Pursuit

Mega Absol lures Cobalion, Scizor, traps faster Pokémon that prevent Venomoth from setting-up and deals with Blissey. It also lures in Fighting types which are used by Venomoth as set-up fodders. Absol is a cool Pokémon in general, too.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute/Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
Calm Mind Keldeo is my nom as it does help to get rid of Blissey, Bisharp, and Scizor. It also helps check choice scarf Infernape and Terrakion. All of which are problems for Venomoth. Certain mons will end up being problematic if this mon gets chosen like, Amoonguss, Mega Aero, Latias, Mew, and Celebi.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Latias (F) @ Life Orb / Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

It's interesting to me that most you guys are picking up mons for dealing with Scizor, when Buginium Z Venomoth is actually a solid Scizor lure (and combats other Steel-types like Empoleon) in itself. For that reason my pick goes to CM Latias, which helps Venomoth by dealing with stuff like Amoonguss, Blissey, and Volcanion. Slash on Life Orb/Soul Dew because as Cynde told me, you don't want your CM Latias hitting like a wet paper bag and you got Roost anyway for recovery.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
ok sorry we both busy last night to end the submissions phase @~@ anyways we have...

Nightingales - Mixed Nasty Plot Infernape
Noticed last night that Venomoth can and does struggle with some things like Cobalion if it can't sleep it, Blissey in general, Scizor just overall ignores most of it, so back up we go with...

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

Where Ape beats the bulkier things like Blissey, Cobalion, Swampert if SpD, and Scizor for Venomoth and just gives it an easier time sweeping in the first place. We'll still need something to handle mega Aero but this feels like a good place to start.

Highways - Offensive Rapid Spin Mega Blastoise

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Mega Blastoise supports Venomoth a lot. Hazard removal is essential on a Venomoth team, since it's weak to SR. Blastoise also takes hits from Mega Aerodactyl and Krookodile, OHKOing them with Hydro Pump. Blastoise's EV Spread allows it to outspeed Adamant Scizor, which threatens Venomoth as well.

Amane Misa - AoA Mega Absol

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Superpower
- Pursuit

Mega Absol lures Cobalion, Scizor, traps faster Pokémon that prevent Venomoth from setting-up and deals with Blissey. It also lures in Fighting types which are used by Venomoth as set-up fodders. Absol is a cool Pokémon in general, too.

tmacbalanced - Calm Mind Keldeo
Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute/Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
Calm Mind Keldeo is my nom as it does help to get rid of Blissey, Bisharp, and Scizor. It also helps check choice scarf Infernape and Terrakion. All of which are problems for Venomoth. Certain mons will end up being problematic if this mon gets chosen like, Amoonguss, Mega Aero, Latias, Mew, and Celebi.

CoolStoryBrobat - Calm Mind Latias

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

It's interesting to me that most you guys are picking up mons for dealing with Scizor, when Buginium Z Venomoth is actually a solid Scizor lure (and combats other Steel-types like Empoleon) in itself. For that reason my pick goes to CM Latias, which helps Venomoth by dealing with stuff like Amoonguss, Blissey, and Volcanion. Slash on Life Orb/Soul Dew because as Cynde told me, you don't want your CM Latias hitting like a wet paper bag and you got Roost anyway for recovery.

Voting ends tomorrow 5/29 @ 11:59 PM PST, will extend it if necessary since this post was very late

vote away :]

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Roost / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Ground] / Substitute

I'd rather go for Mega Blastoise to get hazard control out of the way, it's a solid partner for Venomoth anyways. Venomoth can take care of fairies for Mega Stoise and Mega Stoise takes care of faster threats like what highways has already listed. Latias does seem like a solid choice too as it is a very good mon and it does a lot but, it doesn't do anything for Venomoth really in a supportive (non-offensive) way (if it had healing wish then I'd say otherwise).
Last time it got weird trying to choose the hazard removal mon in the last spot and yeah, rather not let that happen again lol.

I'll throw my lot in with Mega-Blastoise. Had trouble deciding between it and latias, as I feel like both will probably end up on the team eventually... But I love blastoise as an offensive spinner paired with hazard-weak sweepers.
I have to 100% that consistant removal is vital to moths effictiveness so im voying mega-stoise as well. I also agree we should come back to lati later in the team.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
ima just end this right now so the winner is Mega Blastoise! I would have voted for either Latias or Infernape (leaning more towards Latias since Venomoth does pretty well against Scizor unless it has Aerial Ace, also Latias is like one of the safest glue mons in the tier right now) to basically capitalize on Pokemon that give Venomoth trouble like Amoonguss and other assorted fat mons, plus Volcanion. Essentially everything CSB said I agreed with. This is personal but, I like holding off with Mega Evolutions till the end so we won't have to make too many drastic changes if we decide to scrap a mega.

Mega Blastoise - 5
Latias - 4
Infernape - 2

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

So Submissions for Round 3 will end on 6/1 @ 11:59PM PST. Also check out and play with the Team #2 RMT if you haven't already!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-ccat-2.3604391/

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon/Fire Blast
- Fire Blast/Roost/U-Turn
I know that Latias is probably going to be chosen this round, I'll probably even vote for it, but I want to bring this to people's attention as I feel that Hydreigon can do a lot too. I don't think specs would be a good fit as having speed control or a mon with recovery sounds pretty solid for this team right now. Hydreigon can take on Volcanion pretty well, as well as, celebi and mew which all can give this team some problems. With scarf it can take on more various threats but, with life orb and roost it can take on what it needs to a lot more consistently. I feel like Latias and Hydreigon are the best two candidates for this week and it'll be hard for other mons to compete for this week's spot.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes I do want Latias again >:[

In fact I'm gonna re-nom it with the exact same context as I said before, except now it's a good partner to Blastoise because it's a soft check to Raikou and a solid answer to Celebi and other Grass-types:

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I'm gonna end voting early just because activity kinda dwindled and I'm tired sooo yeah lol, so we have...

tmacbalanced - Hydreigon
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon/Fire Blast
- Fire Blast/Roost/U-Turn

I know that Latias is probably going to be chosen this round, I'll probably even vote for it, but I want to bring this to people's attention as I feel that Hydreigon can do a lot too. I don't think specs would be a good fit as having speed control or a mon with recovery sounds pretty solid for this team right now. Hydreigon can take on Volcanion pretty well, as well as, celebi and mew which all can give this team some problems. With scarf it can take on more various threats but, with life orb and roost it can take on what it needs to a lot more consistently. I feel like Latias and Hydreigon are the best two candidates for this week and it'll be hard for other mons to compete for this week's spot.

CoolStoryBrobat - Calm Mind Latias
In fact I'm gonna re-nom it with the exact same context as I said before, except now it's a good partner to Blastoise because it's a soft check to Raikou and a solid answer to Celebi and other Grass-types:

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Deadline - 6/2 @ 11:59PM PST

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
latias is a good pokemon. It pairs really well with our current team, which is why I didn't suggest anything this round. Solid pick.

EDIT: Gonna specify dew on this one

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
had my dates mixed up smh, anyways Latias is the winner! Yeah I also would have voted for Latias since that was who I voted for last round ^^ I know that a few people have expressed their desires for Soul Dew but, we usually vote on "/'s" like during round 4 (so this round) just so we can vote for everything at once.

Latias @ Soul Dew / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Deadline for Submissions - 6/5 @ 11:59 PM PST

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Soul Dew / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)