SM UU UU Bulky Offense (Rank #6)

Hey guys, this is the final version of my UU team. This team has gone through several variations to get to the current iteration. I am currently ranked 6th on the UU Ladder and my ELO is 1712.

Team at a Glance

Team Players

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock

Mega-Swampert acts as the Lead for the team. This Pokemon hits extremely hard and will generally win in a 1v1 matchup against most other Leads. I usually try to attack first, and cause as much damage as I can, before setting up my Rocks. I run Avalanche as it nails the OHKO on key Pokemon such as Hydreigon, Latias, M-Pidgeot and Togekiss. If I face enemies such as Azelf that have a tendency to Explode themselves, I usually don't Mega-Evolve to capitalise on Swamperts Damp Ability.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Blissey generally fulfills the role of the specially defensive sponge. Blissey is essential to dealing with high damage output Special Attackers such as Volcanion and Primarina. I run my own custom set of 84 SpA EVs and Fire Blast, to nail the OHKO on Scizor, Forretress, as well as denting Cobalion, Buzzwole and other Pokemon weak to Fire. This also performs great against Sun Teams who use Pokemon such as Venusaur that would otherwise give this team some issues. I use Protect often to scout for Trick Users and other Scarf/Specs/Band Users to find the appropriate switch-in.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Lunge

Like two sides of a coin, Buzzwole fulfills the teams requirement for a physically defensive tank. Without Buzzwole, I have no means of dealing with Powerful Attackers such as M-Swampert, Mamoswine and Conkeldurr. I run Bulk Up as a way of dealing with setup Attackers and opposing Bulk Up Pokemon like Conkeldurr, who would otherwise be able to bust through Buzzwole with Facade. EVs are optimised for Maximum Defense. I started running Poison Jab over Hammer Arm, as it allows Buzzwole to gain the upper-hand against opposing Bulk Up Buzzwoles, should that matchup occur. Lunge is chosen over Leech Life, as it is very useful for reducing incoming damage and helps greatly against set-up sweepers.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Jellicent generally fulfills the role of a Stallbreaker and also acts as a great way to deal with Pokemon like Infernape, Entei and Darmanitan that could potentially give Buzzwole some issues. The Taunt is very useful against opposing Stall Teams. I run 84 Speed EVs to outrun opposing base 70s such as Mantine. Hex was chosen over Scald after a fair bit of testing. Jellicent is also quite useful against Pokemon such as Suicune or Rain Teams due to its Water Absorb Ability. Jellicent is also great against Muk-Alola, as it has higher speed, so it is capable of burning Muk first before it Attacks, and then healing off the damage.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is the primary Pivot in this team, and allows me to deal with Powerful threats such as M-Aerodactyl, SD Terrakion etc. Contrary to many other CB Scizors, I opt to run 248 HP rather than max Speed. I find the bulk is often necessary to switch-in to many attacks. The rest of the set is quite standard, I generally use Pursuit quite often on Pokemon such as M-Pidgeot and M-Aerodactyl who generally decide to switch-out against an incoming Bullet Punch.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

Infernape is the Wallbreaker for this team. My team doesn't have any Scarfers, so it depends quite heavily on strong Priority. CB Adamant Iron Fist Mach Punch allows Infernape to act as a great Revenge Killer against Powerful foes such as M-Absol as Hydreigon and deals a pretty significant amount of damage to most threats. With an Adamant Nature and a Choice Band, Infernape is capable of 2HKO the majority of the entire metagame. I also run Thunder Punch since it receives a boost from Iron Fist, and allows Infernape to deal with Bulky Waters such as Primarina, Slowking and Tentacruel that generally resists Infernape's STAB moves.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-595837120 vs Bob the Bro
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-595667275 vs Christo
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-592921388 vs Sacri
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-594594247 vs Sacri (2)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593122592 vs PIF

Importable
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Lunge

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Last edited:
Imo dont run adamant Infernape unless u have a calc which shows why to use adamant, considering u lose to stuff u would usually beat.
It's not really necessary to run jolly, but I guess it is personal preference. Adamant nature allows me to guarantee the 2HKOs on the bulky water types such as Alomomola, Suicune etc. Endgame, it does help me clean up with Mach Punch better.

I'm running infernape as a wallbreaker, so the important thing is to hit as hard as possible. Fast threats are generally handled by my defensive core, as well as by my priority moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)