Data Usage-Based Tier Update for September 2017 (Oct @ #73) (Nov @ #129)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
From OU to BL / OU by technically
| 53 | Dragonite | 3.118% |
| 54 | Tyranitar-Mega | 3.010% |

From UU to RU
| 58 | Aggron-Mega | 3.257% |
| 60 | Pidgeot-Mega | 2.963% | (will be quickbanned)
| 66 | Steelix-Mega | 2.035% |
And Dugtrio

From RU to NU
| 63 | Gigalith | 3.304% | (if this drop Soutland will rise from PU)
| 64 | Aerodactyl | 3.170% |
| 65 | Heliolisk | 3.011% |

From NU to PU
| 58 | Aurorus | 3.149% | (if it wasn't quik drop and quick rise, it will be RU)

To OU
| 35 | Victini | 6.424% | (from BL)
| 51 | Alakazam-Mega | 3.454% | (from BL)

To UU
| 57 | Talonflame | 3.496% | (from BL2)

To RU
| 40 | Froslass | 6.015% | (from NU)
| 51 | Tyrantrum | 4.571% | (from BL3)

To NU
| 48 | Hariyama | 4.083% | (from BL4/PU )

| 27 | Forretress | 6.882% |
| 46 | Arcanine | 4.771% |
| 6 | Donphan | 15.317% | (how can a C- Pokémon be that high)
| 42 | Blastoise | 5.863% |
| 45 | Jolteon | 5.498% |
| 53 | Golisopod | 4.312% |
| 58 | Drapion | 3.776% |
| 38 | Ambipom | 5.773% |
| 39 | Minior | 5.399% |
| 53 | Claydol | 3.698% |
| 55 | Sandslash-Alola | 3.454% | (might drop)

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
for social media purposes can someone make a clear list of all the changes? i can't tell whether NU/PU do get quick changes but they're not reported, or if they don't, and whether that list of possible changes above is official or comprehensive

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
RU finally gets a second mega stone.
You mean a fifth, after Mega Glalie, Mega Camerupt, Mega Bannette, and Mega Abomasnow. And Mega Audino can be used in RU if you want to be picky

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

From UU to RU
And Dugtrio

From RU to NU

From NU to PU
| 58 | Aurorus | 3.149% | (if it wasn't quik drop and quick rise, it will be RU)

To OU

To UU

To RU

To NU

| 39 | Minior | 5.399% |
Lemme quickly drops some thoughts.

- Well damn, the Gigalith hype really dropped off, didn't it? This guy was everywhere in the beginning of RU, and now it's falling to NU.

- So wait, Dragonite barely stays OU for a month, but Mega freaking Alakazam gets to stay OU for a while, drops to BL, then goes back to OU? C'mon people, Alakazam + Tapu Lele isn't THAT good.

- Aurorus drop is not surprising. The Aveil ban kinda dicked it. Not sure how it'll end up in PU, since Veil is banned there, too.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
- So wait, Dragonite barely stays OU for a month, but Mega freaking Alakazam gets to stay OU for a while, drops to BL, then goes back to OU? C'mon people, Alakazam + Tapu Lele isn't THAT good.
Dragonite isn't that good in OU either, at least Mega Zam has more splashibility outside of one team.

- Well damn, the Gigalith hype really dropped off, didn't it? This guy was everywhere in the beginning of RU, and now it's falling to NU.
Well Gigalith was always a pretty niche pick as a Stealth Rock setter due to sand meaning you just cant run certain pokemon that get annoyed by it (Cress, something idr, etc). Plus there are more useful rockers in RU tbh. Namely, Registeel, which has amazing bulk and can wear down plenty of mons with ProTox + Stoss, and Nidoqueen, which has amazing offensive presence.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Isnt Donphan trash? Why is it 6th in usage rankings and above S ranked Salazzle in fact?

Well maybe now Mega Amphy mihht find a home, or drop to NU....

RU is slowly turning into the shite tier it once was again, hogging a bunch of trash mons in their tier that could actually be useful in NU/PU. Right off the top of my head, Blastoise, Mega Banette, the already mentioned Donphan, Golisopod and Araquanid all basically suck and can add alot of great vibes to the lower tiers, but alas.,

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Isnt Donphan trash? Why is it 6th in usage rankings and above S ranked Salazzle in fact?

RU is slowly turning into the shite tier it once was again, hogging a bunch of trash mons in their tier that could actually be useful in NU/PU. Right off the top of my head, Blastoise, Mega Banette, the already mentioned Donphan, Golisopod and Araquanid all basically suck and can add alot of great vibes to the lower tiers, but alas.,
It's shit like this that makes me wanna advocate for a system where tier leaders can override the usage stats and allow mons into lower tiers where they can truly shine.

Blastoise, Mega Banette, the already mentioned Donphan, Golisopod and Araquanid all basically suck and can add alot of great vibes to the lower tiers, but alas.,
Araquanid (Whose B-rank now only because of a niche trapping set (CB Araquanid is like a C-tier set though, even now most likely, and IIRC that's what people most often use)) and Mega Banette (then again, it could get a free DB against Shark unless the latter decided to Protect spam) aren't as bad as the other 3 you mentioned. If you're looking for real bad stuff, you forgot about Drapion and Jolteon. Heliolisk looks to be dropping if it doesn't gain a boost within the next two months, so I won't mention it.

But still, the absurdly low usage for Venusaur and Gigalith is a disgrace.

LOL Golisopod and Araquanid isn't trash. Water Bubble Liquidation is no joke. And don't just assume a Pokémon is trash if you have little experience in RU. And speaking of RU, why are Venusaur and Gigalith so low?? They're so high in the VR, both at A- and I remember they were both used a lot like 2-3 months ago! I guess it's new toy syndrome still???

You mean a fifth, after Mega Glalie, Mega Camerupt, Mega Bannette, and Mega Abomasnow. And Mega Audino can be used in RU if you want to be picky
Mega Camerupt, mega Banette, and mega Abomasnow are viable in RU? I stand corrected, I guess.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mega Camerupt, mega Banette, and mega Abomasnow are viable in RU? I stand corrected, I guess.
Mega Abomasnow is one of the best Megas avalaible. Mega Camerupt has a niche and Banette was good to D. Bond Sharpie?

From UU to RU
And Dugtrio

From RU to NU

From NU to PU

To OU

To UU

To RU

To NU

| 39 | Minior | 5.399% |
| 56 | Aromatisse | 3.394% |
This might drop to PU too, right?

But still, since Aromatisse is largely outclassed by Mega Audino right now, I don't see it going up in usage any time soon.

On another note, please let Heliolisk drop RU. At least give us one of your shitmons, just one will be fine (wanting all of them would be wishful thinking at this point). Aero would be cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)