Undiscovered Types [PLAYABLE on Galaxy Server!]

Is this thread still alive? If so, I have a suggestion.

Name: Simisage
New typing: Grass / Dark
Justification: According to numerous Pokedex entries, Simisage's leaf is very bitter to taste and it is Ill-tempered. It also learns quite a few Dark-Type moves normally, like Nasty Plot and Crunch. I also think it does look like a monkey version of Shiftry, which is also a Grass-Dark type Pokemon.
New moves: Dark Pulse, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Feint Attack, Torment, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Leaf Blade
Removed moves: Disarming Voice, Helping Hand, Recycle
Altered Abilities: Gluttony is now Intimidate, and Overgrow is now Frisk. Also gains Iron Barbs, because of its bitter leaf that Pokemon could accidentally eat.

1) The project is already completed and playable.
2) Your submission wouldn't have been legal at any point. Grass/Dark is a type shared by multiple Pokemon.

Yeah it's a shame the little activity in my timezone is when there are not really a lot of English speakers

Maybe schedule a mini-gathering or something to test teams out?

The project is already completed and playable.
Sure, it's complete for now, but are you ready to revamp it once Sun and Moon come out and we find out how good some of these new Pokémon are? Now, I know that some of the type combinations were assigned not because where were absolutely no Pokémon with that combo, but because the ones that do have it are either too weak in the general Metagame or banned to Ubers. Still, here are all of the type combos on the list in the OP what will be present in Gen. VII Pokémon that have been announced so far:
  • Ghost/Fairy: With the never-before-seen Disguise ability, Mimikyu will probably make it pointless to retype Misdreavus and Mismagius.
  • Bug/Water: Thanks to its ability, Wimpod looks like could only be weaker than the one and only existing Pokémon with its type combo (Surskit); however, if it turns out to have en evolved form without Wimp Out that we don't know about yet, who knows what will happen?
  • Normal/Dragon: I will not be completely surprised if Drampa turns out to be part of a Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon's evolutionary chain, or even the Pseudo-Legendary itself; in any case, it's looking like bad news for Dunsparce, which most people will agree is deserving of something better.
  • Poison/Fire: I am looking forward to seeing Salandit become Mawile, Klefki, and especially Ferrothorn's worst nightmare thanks to Corrosion; besides, Koffing and Weezing's smoke is a somewhat weak reasoning for adding a Fire typing.
  • Bug/Fairy: We have yet to find out if Cutiefly is good competitively or has an evolution, but if either is the case, it will be better than Volbeat and Illumise (which would be better as electric-types) as a user of the type combo that is one of Malamar's worst nightmares, second to the nonexistent combo of Bug/Dark.

This is a Gen 6 Pet Mod. I have no intention of remaking it for Gen 7, but I'll leave the idea up for grabs if anyone would like to revamp it for the next generation.

It could always be changed so that each type will be shared across two families. Of course, that might not be the best idea since there's a lot more of those...
EDIT: I meant there's a bunch more type combinations only used in one family than ones not used at all.

This is a Gen 6 Pet Mod. I have no intention of remaking it for Gen 7, but I'll leave the idea up for grabs if anyone would like to revamp it for the next generation.
Okay, maybe if I ever learn how to program OMs and Pet Mods (is there a good guide somewhere?) — not to mention the issue of finding the time to actually run one — I might be interested in doing it myself.

Side note: Alola forms were just announced three days ago, and those will really turn the metagame on its head.
EDIT: I wonder if the typing is the only thing that changes? For the Alola forms, I mean.

Last edited:
Okay, maybe if I ever learn how to program OMs and Pet Mods (is there a good guide somewhere?) — not to mention the issue of finding the time to actually run one — I might be interested in doing it myself.

Side note: Alola forms were just announced three days ago, and those will really turn the metagame on its head.
EDIT: I wonder if the typing is the only thing that changes? For the Alola forms, I mean.
The ability changes too and in Alolan Sandshrew's description it's stated that it's slower than its normal form, so stats may change as well (even if it doesn't make any sense, new Pokemon would have been better).

The Alolan Forms appear to be entirely separate with their own movepools and Abilities, plus Sandshrew's line is indicated to be slower but tougher in Alolan Form than in Kanto Form.

I'm not aware of an actual guide for coding, but I'd be willing to answer questions. Just PM me so we don't clutter this thread.

Reactions: Mq

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Its a shame this isnt on another server like ROM or Aqua. I'd reaally like to play monotype'd battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)