Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off / Drill Run

Requesting an offensive team made around the core of Choice Band Conkeldurr and Mega Beedrill. CB Conk is a really powerful wallbreaker which is able to break down many defensive Pokemon such as Swampert which helps Mega Beedrill out a lot as it can sometimes struggle to break through these kinds of Pokemon. Mega Beedrill in return helps Conk out by being a nice offensive check to Fairy-types and Psychic-types, and it's super high Speed helps a lot against offensive teams which Conk can have trouble against despite it's strong Mach Punch. This core does have some flaws such as being really weak to Mega Aerodactyl and other Flying-types, but I think it has great potential to make a good team around. Thanks in advance builders!

Pak

fly higher
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Gorechomp

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

The team turned out a bit bulkier than you may have liked with such a fat core, and relying on Alomomola as the primary pivot and keeping the vast majority of the team healthy. However, the team did well in practice and I peaked around number 5 on the ladder with it when I was testing. Now onto the team itself.

I obviously started out with your requested Pokemon Swords, Dance Pursuit Escavalier, which is a pretty cool pick in this meta with all the Sylveon running around. To start off the team I looked at what Escav brought to the table. It's an extremely solid wallbreaker after a boost, one of the best fairy and bulky psychic checks in the tier, and can Pursuit trap Mega Beedrill and Celebi. However, its main downfall proved to be Scald burns which completely neutered its effectiveness.

Bulk Up Conkeldurr is so so so good oml. It seemed like a picture perfect fit next to Escavalier as a status absorber and bulky wincon that can clean up once Escav puts some dents in the opposing defensive core. It also heavily appreciates the fact that Escavalier takes on its primary counters in fairy types and bulky psychic types.

Now the main problem with Escavalier and Conk being the main catalysts in breaking down opposing cores is the fact that the two can be worn down quickly and get threatened by strong physical foes such as Entei and Mega Aerodactyl. Alomomola is the best wish passer UU has to offer and also takes on the aforementioned threats easily, making a great fit on the team.

At this point the team was looking weak to Dragons such as Hydreigon and was vulnerable to status aside from Conkeldurr. Diancie offered a solid and specially inclined wall with access to Stealth Rock and the always nice fairy typing, as well as taking full advantage of Alomomola's wishes with its abysmal base HP stat. However when facing a Hydreigon, always scout for steel coverage.

Overall the team was looking fairly solid and wasn't weak to much but the main problem was that it was straight up slow and passive as shit. I added on Protect Mega Sceptile as it provided a nice cleaner, a Pokemon with solid immediate power, a secondary answer to bulky water types, and a key electric immunity. Protect may seem like an odd choice but it is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL to get off the Mega to deter Volt Switch as soon as possible while also adding a good check to Sub DD Gyarados which ate the team alive. In addition to Conkeldurr, Sceptile appreciates Escavalier's ability to handle bulky fairies.

Now in the last slot I opted for offensive Sky Plate Crobat as it added even more speed which the team lacked other than Sceptile, hazard removal, and a good fighting check (Toxicroak is a threat oml). Offensive Bat also provided even more immediate power and the ability to get Conkeldurr in safely and in favorable set up positions through U-Turn and the fact that steel types commonly switch into bat.

Overall it's a pretty solid team that takes on much of the meta fairly well. Pokemon such as Heliolisk, Nidos, and AoA Hydreigon are spooky af but they can be played around in one way or another. Some ladder replays can be found below:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421872855 against HO
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421844436 against bulky offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421797741 against stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421787639 against more bulky offense

Gorechomp

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

The team turned out a bit bulkier than you may have liked with such a fat core, and relying on Alomomola as the primary pivot and keeping the vast majority of the team healthy. However, the team did well in practice and I peaked around number 5 on the ladder with it when I was testing. Now onto the team itself.

I obviously started out with your requested Pokemon Swords, Dance Pursuit Escavalier, which is a pretty cool pick in this meta with all the Sylveon running around. To start off the team I looked at what Escav brought to the table. It's an extremely solid wallbreaker after a boost, one of the best fairy and bulky psychic checks in the tier, and can Pursuit trap Mega Beedrill and Celebi. However, its main downfall proved to be Scald burns which completely neutered its effectiveness.

Bulk Up Conkeldurr is so so so good oml. It seemed like a picture perfect fit next to Escavalier as a status absorber and bulky wincon that can clean up once Escav puts some dents in the opposing defensive core. It also heavily appreciates the fact that Escavalier takes on its primary counters in fairy types and bulky psychic types.

Now the main problem with Escavalier and Conk being the main catalysts in breaking down opposing cores is the fact that the two can be worn down quickly and get threatened by strong physical foes such as Entei and Mega Aerodactyl. Alomomola is the best wish passer UU has to offer and also takes on the aforementioned threats easily, making a great fit on the team.

At this point the team was looking weak to Dragons such as Hydreigon and was vulnerable to status aside from Conkeldurr. Diancie offered a solid and specially inclined wall with access to Stealth Rock and the always nice fairy typing, as well as taking full advantage of Alomomola's wishes with its abysmal base HP stat. However when facing a Hydreigon, always scout for steel coverage.

Overall the team was looking fairly solid and wasn't weak to much but the main problem was that it was straight up slow and passive as shit. I added on Protect Mega Sceptile as it provided a nice cleaner, a Pokemon with solid immediate power, a secondary answer to bulky water types, and a key electric immunity. Protect may seem like an odd choice but it is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL to get off the Mega to deter Volt Switch as soon as possible while also adding a good check to Sub DD Gyarados which ate the team alive. In addition to Conkeldurr, Sceptile appreciates Escavalier's ability to handle bulky fairies.

Now in the last slot I opted for offensive Sky Plate Crobat as it added even more speed which the team lacked other than Sceptile, hazard removal, and a good fighting check (Toxicroak is a threat oml). Offensive Bat also provided even more immediate power and the ability to get Conkeldurr in safely and in favorable set up positions through U-Turn and the fact that steel types commonly switch into bat.

Overall it's a pretty solid team that takes on much of the meta fairly well. Pokemon such as Heliolisk, Nidos, and AoA Hydreigon are spooky af but they can be played around in one way or another. Some ladder replays can be found below:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421872855 against HO
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421844436 against bulky offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421797741 against stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-421787639 against more bulky offense

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am pleased to present the following announcements:

Please join me in welcoming TonyFlygon to the Teambuilding Lab! He has demonstrated the ability to build teams that successfully function at the highest level of play, and I believe that he'll be an excellent addition to our staff. Congratulations and welcome to the team!

The UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab is entering a trial period and will now accept requests for ADV, DPP, and BW UU. I will use this trial period to gauge whether there is sufficient interest to retain the option to request old gen UU teams as a full-time feature. As we move forward, I'm going to be more stringent regarding the standards to which I hold requests. Please make sure any future requests are worth building around, as some of the requests we've received this cycle toe the line of acceptability.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi what's up. i've been messing around with some magnet rise occa cobalion bulky offense, because it pairs rather well with specs sylveon
+

i was testing around with these too as they have pretty good synergy. cobalion checks krook and mamo with magnet rise, and can set up on these threats. cobalion is also minor check to fire types. chople is another option, but fire types are more threatening to this core. the point is to eliminate each other's checks, and for either one to sweep. sylveon beats fat waters that cobalion can have some trouble with, and cobalion threatens steels and lures fire types like spdef arcanine and entei that gives sylveon trouble. this core also has pretty good defensive synergy, as cobalion eats poison and steel attacks, while sylveon eats fighting hits. probably some elements i would like on the team is a way to beat cress more reliably, and something to check ground types a bit better. I feel most comfortable with a bulky offense playstyle atm, and i feel it suits this core nicely. for sylveon's set, calm mind is for stallbreaking when it inevitably gets knocked off by sableye. you could also run other coverage but its not that helpful honestly.

Cobalion @ Occa Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind

for maybe a little reference ive been messing around with the bulky offense team that peaked around 1600 w/ m-pert / celebi / hydreigon / crobat

thanks in advance :]

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi

use pz

that is all

e: specs pz
This post does not meet the following guideline:
- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
Please edit your request to comply with this rule.

Hey everyone, I hope you are all well :) Requesting a Tailwind team centering around the following set;

Nidoking Life Orb
Sheer Force
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Superpower

It may sound gimmicky but user YABO has recently proven the viability of Tailwind with the following RMT - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/no-problem-strong-bear-tailroom.3578657/
and I believe this concept has potential due to the power and coverage of Nidoking, making the above set almost unwallable. I'm no scrub myself having topped the UU ladder on numerous occasions and recently gone 40-0 in OU, but I suck at teambuilding, so I would be grateful if someone could make an amazing team with this set :)
~WhimsicottIsBroken

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

hi, i'm requesting an offensive team around crawdaunt and mega sharpedo.
I've gotcha covered, bud. Here it is:

/
/
/
/
/

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Signal Beam

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

I actually really had a lot of fun with this team. You'll see I made a couple of changes to your original sets. In particular, I made Sharpedo Adamant to help it break threats late-game, though you could switch back to Jolly if you find you're having trouble with M-Aero lategame. I also changed Crawdaunt to Sash SD, which gives you the ability to threaten the hell out of offense.

Anyhow, I added on Specs Heliolisk to give you a reliable Water switch early-game, because even though Daunt and Shark can break through most Water-types, you still end up at the mercy of Scald burns. I went with Specs because I'm allergic to Volt Switch + LO, and because with Specs your Hyper Voice hits hard enough that you don't need to worry about running mediocre coverage like GK or Surf. For the last move I went with Signal Beam, which is a neat way to surprise a Celebi that thinks it can tank anything Heliolisk tosses at it.

I didn't want to do full-on hazard offense with no defensive utility, so I went with a tried and true defensive core of Swampert and SDef P2. They give you reliable pivots to like 90% of the tier. P2 is never 2HKO'd by Modest Specs Sylveon even with Rocks down. Finally I finished things off with offensive Crobat, which gives you a fast Defog to help against Webs, T-Spikes and to give you a late-game free field for Crawdaunt. I went with Taunt over UTurn because it can help you a bit more against stall builds in general, prevent balance from healing up, etc.

The team has been really fun, and I laddered up with it to the low 1700s, which is about as high as I could get before I started running into stall a ton. I also won a couple of roomtours with it, for whatever that's worth (and I'm about to win one more, if the other side of the bracket ever finishes... seriously, I've been waiting to play finals for like twenty minutes at least =\). The team does struggle with stall in general, provided the stall team runs a solid Daunt answer like Chesnaught or Tangela (and most good stall teams do), but other than that it has really been working out well.

I don't have a ton of cool replays, but here are some I grabbed:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-429200360
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-430994323
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-431540646

Enjoy the team!

Dragalge @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

I think Banded Krook and Specs Dragalge make a great wall breaking core. With there typings Dragalge able to take all the super effect hits aimed at Krook and Krook is immune to the Psychic hits aimed at Dragalge. Dragalge destroys psyhical walls and also fairy types like Florges for Krook. Krook in return kills steel types that like metagross for Dragagle and pursuit traps it's best check Blissey.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest / Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Magnet Rise

Hi, im requesting a team based on this core of specs sylveon and steel trap magneton. I've had a lot of fun with this core but my general inexperience in teambuilding normaly lets me down but thats not to say i havent had some success with it.

Specs Sylveon just rips through things that doesnt have the name blissey, cresselia or florges above it and steel types. I like running a modest nature for sheer power but still cant decide whether a timid nature would be better or not. Batton pass is so it can safely switch into mag on the steel types it lures in.

Magnet pull magneton relieves sylveon of all but 2 steel types (lucario and cobalion) that i know of. I prefer eviolite over spec just so it can tank more offensive steel types better and magnet rise is so mega steelix, mega aggron and metagross cant eq unless its scarf. It also has a nice ability to effectivly eliminate or check the majority of the popular hazard removals.

good luck with the building and thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Amaroq

Cover me.
Been a bit busy, but I promise I'm not dead:
Can i request a team around Mega-Beedrill?
- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.

Also, since I'm not sure how often people check the OP (and I haven't updated the queue recently anyway), here's an update regarding what we're currently working on:
Pak is building the Venomoth team.
Euphonos has drafts for 3 separate requests.
Pearl is taking the Nidoking Tailwind team.
TonyFlygon is working on the Sharpedo team.

Don't forget that you guys can request old gen teams as well.

Hi there,
I am new to Smogon and UU. And i really wanna build a Team around Aerodactyl and Empoleon, because these 2 are 2 of my Favorite Pokemon all Time. So i searched here on Smogon and found these 2 Sets. So but now i dont know what to add next and if this two sets are ok. I think i want to make a boffensiv or balanced Team i think. So i hope u can help me.
PS i also have other beloved Pokemon. So eventually in near Future u can help me again. (UU Tier seems my Tier of Choice because here i have most of my favorite Pokemon). PPS I am from Germany and i am not a english pro so i hope u understand me^^
Greetz

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Empoleon Set maybe can Change. The only thing i really wanna keep is M-Aero.

Reactions: Ark
Arcanine @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Morning Sun

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I would love a bulky-offensive team butil around this fwg core. SpD-k9 + Def-ches cover all of cm-cunes weaknesses baring specs+surf heliosk. This allows it to setup and sweep pretty much the whole meta unhindered. This core has a strange issue/weakness to chandy however due to cune being the only thing that can even hit it. Spike stack+roar builds up good residual damage and depending on the last 3 members removal will probably not be necessary. The evs maximize the necessary Defense while maintaining an odd Hp (personal preference). This core could use some significant offensive presents as well as a solid answer to chandy and heloisk. Ive made a few teams with this core but they seem to fall short in the long run and some outside help would be most appreciated. Good luck and thank you.

Last edited:
---

God (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Fight Spam, yeh, at first seems bad but if you stop to think: God (Infernape) can do a gigantic hole on most Lucario's counters, leaving Lucario free to set-up and sweep in the late game. I've tried to build a team, but i'm new to UU and i think i can't make something good from this, So i'm leaving to you guys.

requesting an bulky offense team around fast offensive suicune. I've never seen this being used before and I think it would be a very interesting mon to build around. it's also a very good surpise set to sweep teams with. the last move is up to the builder, like Tailwind or and HP of choice.

Suicune @ Leftovers
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hello, I'm requesting a kind of unconventional team that I think can be really fun if executed properly using a BoostPass Combusken + Crit Sweeper Kingdra. If 1) a substitute can be set up without being knocked out, a 2) protect on the next turn will allow the substitute and the 2 turns of Speed Boost to be 3) passed on the following turn. This allows Kingdra to be set up for a free focus energy and then guaranteed crits from then on. Dragon Pulse and Surf allow max STAB damage (w/o the SpA drop from Draco Meteor) and Flash Cannon for the anti-fairy coverage.

Combusken @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
- Overheat

Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Surf

Requesting M-Swamp and sap sipper goodra.

Sap sipper choice banded goodra is the perfect companion for M-swamp, as it gets free switches and an attack boost from grass, Swampert's only weakness. The coverage it has also means it can kill practically anything M-swamp cant. The only real counter to this in the UU tier is burns, and Gyarados, since he resists both M-swamperts stab moves, and has intimidate, while making a switch to goodra dangerous with his physical power.

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Tail
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch/Rain Dance
- Waterfall

The M-Swamp is pretty clear, I know rain dance is usually preferred on him, as he doesn't get much from a 4th attack but, if you make a full rain team out of it, power up seems worth considering. The Goodra set is designed mostly to counter things M-Swamp can't, Thunder punch can one shot Gyarados, and help deal with any other bulky water types, Fire punch helps with Forretress and a few others, Iron Tail suffers bad accuracy, but landing it means a kill on florges and sylveon, stopping goodras counters, outrage will one shot a significant portion of the metagame after band and sap sipper, as long as there are no fairies to block you, so it's probably what he uses the most.

So far I've tried putting this in a rain team, and just dumping it on a fairly non-cohesive team. Even on the team it doesn't really fit on it has been performing well. I was considering using it with a flashfire pokemon, since that could be used to block Will-o-Wisps. Magic bounce Espeon could also be useful for that though, and it has dazzling gleam to kill sabeleye. Gyarados counters might also be worth it.

Edit: on analysis, Magic bounce espeon provides a stronger sabeleye counter, and more diverse pokemon in general, but using flashfire arcanine or chandelure would also mean you get the perfect pokemon to cover forretress's weakness, and makes him a great option for a pivot on this team.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm requesting a kind of unconventional team that I think can be really fun if executed properly using a BoostPass Combusken + Crit Sweeper Kingdra. If 1) a substitute can be set up without being knocked out, a 2) protect on the next turn will allow the substitute and the 2 turns of Speed Boost to be 3) passed on the following turn. This allows Kingdra to be set up for a free focus energy and then guaranteed crits from then on. Dragon Pulse and Surf allow max STAB damage (w/o the SpA drop from Draco Meteor) and Flash Cannon for the anti-fairy coverage.

Combusken @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
- Overheat

Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
This team is not going to be viable. If you want to use crit kingdra you should just set up with dragon dance, using combusken to set up is unnessecary and doesn't give the attack boost you get from DD.

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

+

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam / Aura Sphere / Dragon Pulse

Heya guys,

so as ORAS is aproaching its final chapters, I figured it was finally time to get to know the UU tier, as it's the last stop on my journey through the official smogon tiers. I have played around a bit with some of my own teams in the tier and it seems like a lot of fun, so I finally want to start to take it a little bit more seriously. I want a team around Entei, because I love his versatility. It's rare that a mon is both a potent wallbreaker and a superb late game cleaner at the same time, and Entei excels really well at both roles. Blastoise seems like a good addition to Entei, considering he is really weak to entry hazards and tends to attract rock and ground types. I would imagine a grass type to complete the FWG core and scare out bulky water types for Entei would go well with these two, as well as a strong electric type. That's just off the top of my head though.

Anyways, thanks in advance, looking forward to the team. I like playing bulky offense, but balance works too.

Amaroq

Cover me.
Real life + Majors has kept me busy, but this isn't dead, don't worry. Queue is updated with the requests I've accepted since the last update. Some teams should be coming out soon.

Requesting a team with mega aerodactyl and lucario. I would like either bulky offense or hyper offense.

Requesting M-Swamp and sap sipper goodra.

Sap sipper choice banded goodra is the perfect companion for M-swamp, as it gets free switches and an attack boost from grass, Swampert's only weakness. The coverage it has also means it can kill practically anything M-swamp cant. The only real counter to this in the UU tier is burns, and Gyarados, since he resists both M-swamperts stab moves, and has intimidate, while making a switch to goodra dangerous with his physical power.

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Tail
- Fire Punch
- Outrage

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch/Rain Dance
- Waterfall

The M-Swamp is pretty clear, I know rain dance is usually preferred on him, as he doesn't get much from a 4th attack but, if you make a full rain team out of it, power up seems worth considering. The Goodra set is designed mostly to counter things M-Swamp can't, Thunder punch can one shot Gyarados, and help deal with any other bulky water types, Fire punch helps with Forretress and a few others, Iron Tail suffers bad accuracy, but landing it means a kill on florges and sylveon, stopping goodras counters, outrage will one shot a significant portion of the metagame after band and sap sipper, as long as there are no fairies to block you, so it's probably what he uses the most.

So far I've tried putting this in a rain team, and just dumping it on a fairly non-cohesive team. Even on the team it doesn't really fit on it has been performing well. I was considering using it with a flashfire pokemon, since that could be used to block Will-o-Wisps. Magic bounce Espeon could also be useful for that though, and it has dazzling gleam to kill sabeleye. Gyarados counters might also be worth it.

Edit: on analysis, Magic bounce espeon provides a stronger sabeleye counter, and more diverse pokemon in general, but using flashfire arcanine or chandelure would also mean you get the perfect pokemon to cover forretress's weakness, and makes him a great option for a pivot on this team.
The Lab staff has already attempted to build around Choice Band Goodra before and almost universally decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Every other UU Dragon-type is more threatening as a Choice Band user.

DECLINED

Combusken @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
- Overheat

Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
Normally, I would decline this request outright, but Hogg says he already has a team that fulfills this request, so I've given him permission to post it here if he wants (alternatively, he can send it to you privately).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sovjet Onion since my old Krookodile + Sylveon team is no longer valid, I'll go ahead and post another one here. This build is really standard, but it's been effective in UU Majors and on the ladder (just ask Accelgor and everyone he's shared it with).

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 208 HP / 200 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

I built this according to the extremely common Krookodile + Sylveon + Celebi + Aerodactyl + 2 filler Pokemon that provide utility such as checking Entei, checking Sylveon, checking Mamoswine, and setting Stealth Rock. Krookodile, Sylveon and Celebi break down opposing teams, Mega Aerodactyl serves as a Swampert and Tentacruel serve as the filler utility Pokemon. I like this variant of the common team archetype because Tentacruel provides Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, but I've also used a variant with Shuca Metagross and Suicune in the filler slots, and that's worked out acceptably as well.

This plays like most standard offense teams built around this formula and rewards good prediction and execution. Aggressive play provides a great deal of benefit since this team has two powerful wallbreakers and no real way of recovering health outside of Leftovers, Roost, and Giga Drain. Short writeup this time because this team is the most bog standard offense imaginable, but feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Possible Changes
  • The EV spreads here are really simple, but I personally like making a few changes. I normally run 40 Defense EVs on Krookodile to survive Adamant Beedrill's U-turn at full health 100% of the time after an Intimidate drop. The ladder likes to lead with Beedrill, and this EV spread can often snag an early kill. This team also doesn't really have a good Beedrill check, so being able to eliminate it early is nice.
  • I also usually run 48 HP EVs on Celebi to get additional Leftovers recovery and a little extra bulk.
  • Mega Aerodactyl can run Pursuit over Earthquake or Roost to trap troublesome Pokemon.
This team is far from perfect, so, as usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post any critiques in this thread or contact me privately.

I apologize again for my inactivity.

Last edited:
Real life + Majors has kept me busy, but this isn't dead, don't worry. Queue is updated with the requests I've accepted since the last update. Some teams should be coming out soon.

The Lab staff has already attempted to build around Choice Band Goodra before and almost universally decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Every other UU Dragon-type is more threatening as a Choice Band user.

DECLINED

Normally, I would decline this request outright, but Hogg says he already has a team that fulfills this request, so I've given him permission to post it here if he wants (alternatively, he can send it to you privately).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sovjet Onion since my old Krookodile + Sylveon team is no longer valid, I'll go ahead and post another one here. This build is really standard, but it's been effective in UU Majors and on the ladder (just ask Accelgor and everyone he's shared it with).

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 208 HP / 200 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

I built this according to the extremely common Krookodile + Sylveon + Celebi + Aerodactyl + 2 filler Pokemon that provide utility such as checking Entei, checking Sylveon, checking Mamoswine, and setting Stealth Rock. Krookodile, Sylveon and Celebi break down opposing teams, Mega Aerodactyl serves as a Swampert and Tentacruel serve as the filler utility Pokemon. I like this variant of the common team archetype because Tentacruel provides Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin, but I've also used a variant with Shuca Metagross and Suicune in the filler slots, and that's worked out acceptably as well.

This plays like most standard offense teams built around this formula and rewards good prediction and execution. Aggressive play provides a great deal of benefit since this team has two powerful wallbreakers and no real way of recovering health outside of Leftovers, Roost, and Giga Drain. Short writeup this time because this team is the most bog standard offense imaginable, but feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Possible Changes
  • The EV spreads here are really simple, but I personally like making a few changes. I normally run 40 Defense EVs on Krookodile to survive Adamant Beedrill's U-turn at full health 100% of the time after an Intimidate drop. The ladder likes to lead with Beedrill, and this EV spread can often snag an early kill. This team also doesn't really have a good Beedrill check, so being able to eliminate it early is nice.
  • I also usually run 48 HP EVs on Celebi to get additional Leftovers recovery and a little extra bulk.
  • Mega Aerodactyl can run Pursuit over Earthquake or Roost to trap troublesome Pokemon.
This team is far from perfect, so, as usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post any critiques in this thread or contact me privately.

I apologize again for my inactivity.
Can I get a Link to the Kingdra/Combusken team?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Requesting a bulky offense team with Acid Armor CM Reuniclus + Choice Band Conkeldurr

+

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

So Renuclus is a mon that has kinda fallen off in viability a bit probably due to the drop of two new very good special sweepers in Celebi and Sylveon. I kinda wanted to test out a Calm Mind + Acid Armor set that would allow Reuniclus to become extremely bulky and very difficult to take down without a crit. It does get walled by Dark types however, so I decided I wanted to pair it with CB Conkeldurr due to it being one of the best Dark type answers in the meta and it could also help break down more walls for Reuni to sweep easier. I feel Bulky Offense is the best route to go for the team, but I could see balance working as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)