SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Story Spoilers

In RR, you fight Ghetsis, but he refuses to step out of the way when he loses and threatens to kill Lillie. Then Colress appears and ultra wormholes Ghetsis away.

Is necrozma supposed to be beaten? I mean I did by spamming rotopowers and x-items, but it comes off odd that you are given a lot of training only after beating necrozma and before the final trial, but almost nothing before fighting necrozma.

A +1 lv60 necrozma has higher stats in everything except speed (205/336/210/336/210/267) than a +2 ribombee (148/164/176/252/198/306). Even with max spa on ribombee (im not sure if totems are evd) it still only reaches 322.

Is necrozma supposed to be beaten? I mean I did by spamming rotopowers and x-items, but it comes off odd that you are given a lot of training only after beating necrozma and before the final trial, but almost nothing before fighting necrozma.

A +1 lv60 necrozma has higher stats in everything except speed (205/336/210/336/210/267) than a +2 ribombee (148/164/176/252/198/306). Even with max spa on ribombee (im not sure if totems are evd) it still only reaches 322.
Yeah, you're suppose to beat it. It just takes a bit of thought and pretty much your whole team to take it down.

Read from the trainer list and story text and found:

Ghetsis physically hits and threatens to kill Lillie @@

Gladion travels to Kanto and returns too. When he returns, he has 3 teams: 5 members stay the same while the sixth one is one of the Kanto starters. You probably battle one of these for title defence battle and which one you battle probably depends on your starter choice. He removes Weavile from his team and add a Zoroark that holds a Z crystal rather than Lucario

Lillie is a trainer and has a LV 60 Clefairy. You dont battle her but rather WITH her in a tag battle during rainbow rocket quest

Lusamine, Hala, Guzma and a new random veteran trainers are new title defense challengers (about 90% sure)

You dont battle with Anabel AT ALL so maybe her and Looker UB sidequest is gone (about 90% sure on this with all streams i've watched too)

You battle once with Dexio while he had a ZYGARDE. The Zygarde collecting quest is gone. You catch one Zygarde in Resolution Cave (making up 50%) while the other 50% is given to you by Dexio (i'm about 70% sure) (after reading/ watching more, I'm 99.99% sure)

There's a mock Kanto gym in Alola with no type specialty. It's modelled after Lt. Surge's gym.

Marshadium Z, Mewnium Z and Snorlium Z are given to you when you show the respective Pokemon to someone so no future events for those

Last edited:
Reading from the trainer list and found:

Gladion travels to Kanto and returns too. When he returns, he has 3 teams: 5 members stay the same while the sixth one is one of the Kanto starters. Which one you battle probably depends on your starter choice. He removes Weavile from his team and add a Zoroark that holds a Z crystal rather than Lucario

Lillie is a trainer and has a LV 60 Clefairy. You dont battle her but rather WITH her in a tag battle during rainbow rocket quest

Lusamine, Hala and a new random veteran trainers are new title defense challengers (about 90% sure)

You dont battle with Anabel AT ALL so maybe her and Looker UB sidequest is gone (about 90% sure on this with all streams i've watched too)

You battle once with Dexio while he had a ZYGARDE. The Zygarde collecting quest is gone. You catch one Zygarde via Ultra Wormhole (making up 50%) while the other 50% is given to you by Dexio (i'm about 70% sure)

There's a mock Kanto gym in Alola with no type specialty. It's modelled after Lt. Surge's gym.
HALLELUJAH, THERE IS A GOD!
(seriously, fuck that cells collecting game, once the nevolty is gone, it can get so annoying).
Then again, I have like 4 Z's in Bank so I wasn't gonna do that quest anyway :p

Can't find anything related to the Strange Souvenir except that it is modelled after Tapu Bulu (I mentioned this on page 1). I hope I missed something because that's really lame ...

Some reporters want to interview your Tapu Bulu on the Thrifty Market shenanigans and it's hillarious.

The Lunatone/ Solrock weirdness in Haina Desert is removed (or at least changed significantly because I can't find it)

You can get another Cosmog holding the signature Z crystal of the other cover legend.

Last edited:
Read from the trainer list and story text and found:

Gladion travels to Kanto and returns too. When he returns, he has 3 teams: 5 members stay the same while the sixth one is one of the Kanto starters. You probably battle one of these for title defence battle and which one you battle probably depends on your starter choice. He removes Weavile from his team and add a Zoroark that holds a Z crystal rather than Lucario

Lusamine, Hala, Guzma and a new random veteran trainers are new title defense challengers (about 90% sure)

You battle once with Dexio while he had a ZYGARDE. The Zygarde collecting quest is gone. You catch one Zygarde in Resolution Cave (making up 50%) while the other 50% is given to you by Dexio (i'm about 70% sure)

Marshadium Z, Mewnium Z and Snorlium Z are given to you when you show the respective Pokemon to someone so no future events for those
I dunno about the "no more Zygarde collecting quest" part; the story text still has this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text File : 1122
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The strange creature was sucked into the Zygarde Cube!
Sina wants to talk to you! Zzt![VAR 0114(0035)]
I just received a signal from your Zygarde Cube! The creature that just got sucked into the cube is what we call a “[VAR COLOR(0001)]Zygarde Cell[VAR COLOR(0000)]”! The Zygarde Cube I gave you is like a nest for Cells and Cores. Your mission is to collect all the Cells and Cores! We’ll get in touch. Bonne chance![VAR 0114(0026)]
You’ve collected 10% so far. If you’d like to know what this number means, please come to the Aether Base on Route 16 on Ula’ula Island! You are getting warmer! Bonne chance![VAR 0114(0026)]
<rest snipped for brevity, apostrophes are not displayed properly>

Is this just leftovers from SM, then?

I dunno about the "no more Zygarde collecting quest" part; the story text still has this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Text File : 1122
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The strange creature was sucked into the Zygarde Cube!
Sina wants to talk to you! Zzt![VAR 0114(0035)]
I just received a signal from your Zygarde Cube! The creature that just got sucked into the cube is what we call a “[VAR COLOR(0001)]Zygarde Cell[VAR COLOR(0000)]”! The Zygarde Cube I gave you is like a nest for Cells and Cores. Your mission is to collect all the Cells and Cores! We’ll get in touch. Bonne chance![VAR 0114(0026)]
You’ve collected 10% so far. If you’d like to know what this number means, please come to the Aether Base on Route 16 on Ula’ula Island! You are getting warmer! Bonne chance![VAR 0114(0026)]
<rest snipped for brevity, apostrophes are not displayed properly>

Is this just leftovers from SM, then?
Probably leftovers. There are a lot of them too; like Lusamine's dialogue in Ultra Space when she fuses with Nihilego.

The Zygarde cell quest though, I'm 99.99% sure is gone because in all streams i've watched, they don't appear/ you don't get given the Cube to start collecting. Also, the dialogue when when Dexio gives you his Zygarde heavily implies that you catch the 50% + he gives you the 10% + there are 40 cells in the cube he gives you = 100 cells already

What role do the Tapu play in the story? Do we see any of them besides Tapu Koko during the attack on Melemele? And how soon can they be fought/caught?

HALLELUJAH, THERE IS A GOD!
(seriously, fuck that cells collecting game, once the nevolty is gone, it can get so annoying).
Then again, I have like 4 Z's in Bank so I wasn't gonna do that quest anyway :p
The collecting part just passed onto totem stickers. but at least those dont change location with day/night

Just one thing about Pokedex entries: SM had Tauros and Miltank, as well as Oranguru and Passimian, share a Pokedex page like families do. Do any of the new Alolan Dex single stage mons do that? I'm mainly curious about Sableye and Mawile (who are next to each other in the new Alola dex), as well as Pinsir and Heracross.

Also, does the new approach to Zygarde mean we can now have Complete Zygarde in a ball other than a standard Poke Ball?

Cheap way out: Quick Claw DBond/Curse/Perish/Toxic are your friends here as long as you can stall long enough (hi revives)
Mimikyu curse is the simplest guaranteed win. If you are going to use quick claw anyway, topsy turvy is also an option.
Foul play zoroark probably works too, not too sure how illusion acts in game

Apparently it's Guzzlord out of all the UBs that gets a backstory. You visit Guzzlord's home planet to find it destroyed by the creature. You then catch it.

It says a lot about a planet when it cant handle Guzzlord. Like, there must be no Fairy there
Actually it was some other disaster that caused mass pollution in that world, after which guzzlords started to appear.

Guzzlord's hp and offenses are the closest prime numbers greater than zygarde's, and defenses those closest to grimer's

Is there much story continuity that makes more sense if you've played the same paired version, vs getting the other one (e.g. Ultra Moon when you've played Sun)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)