Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Since the extended period of time in which your request was ignored wasn't enough...

Specs Mewtwo is actually bad, which is why no one has built around it yet. The combination of power and coverage is what makes fast psychics, Mewtwo included, threatening; switching a TTar / Bronzong / Darkrai in on a predicted Psytrike isn't gonna get you anywhere when LO F-Blast is sitting on deck. You're trading the only reason to use Mewtwo for a minor increase in power that doesn't even net any special 2HKO that LO won't. In addition to coverage, you lose access to one of Mewtwo's biggest positive traits in Taunt, which keeps your own hazards up and stops Lugia / support Arc from recovering anyway.
k

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Roar / Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hey I'd appreciate it if someone could build me a team around Giratina-A. I know gira-a isnt exactly the best mon in oras ubers but it does seem to have some positive traits that make it usable (insane bulk, ability to escape gengar, etc). Feel free to change the set or whatever I don't really care. I'm fine with any kind of team made with this but from what ive heard its best on stall. Thanks!

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe +
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Defog
Want a CB Ho-Oh team thats bulky offense i dont really care about waterceus it can be changed just thought it took care of diancie and rocks. Hope You have fun building this. n.n

Hmm, I was thinking if a core with Landorus-Incarnate + Mega Gengar could work in the hands of someone more experienced than I am (since I am losing a lot in the ladder, but that`s probably because of bad luck. Still, I wanna see what you guys can make with this core). Anyway...

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Okay, Landorus-I may seen like a bad copy of Groundceus, but one thing that it sells it over Groundceus is its sheer power without any power boosts coming from its powerful attacks. Plus, because of this sheer power, it can COMPLETELY OHKO both Primal Groudon AND Ho-Oh, again, without any boosts, meaning that it can actually have a lot of utility in the team by dispatching these mons for other people to sweep (along with weakening other offensive/defensive cores for the same purpose). One thing, though, is that its VERY frail, so you need to have some caution in using it.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Protect/Taunt

Well, it may seem like a weird choice at first, but I actually chose Mega Gengar over someone like, say, Ghostceus or Giratina-O because of its amazing trapping + check removing capabilities, meaning that it can just kill someone with Destiny Bond while the person cant even switch out. Tbh, though, I am having some problems in using it with Protect, so if you want to use it with Taunt, then go ahead. I just dunno if it can still trap and kill mons as efficiently without getting its immediate Speed. Plus, it will be more vulnerable against Mewtwo, so if you choose that, then you need to play more carefully with it.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are many standardized arrangements with Ho-Oh and Arceus-Water. You can look at sample teams and RMTs to get a basic idea of how these build and play.

As for the Landorus + Mega Gengar it kinda feels like a bad version of Lando-T + Mega Gengar arrangements.

A Giratina-A build is something that builders might want to take on since that Pokemon does have some redeeming qualities.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Ha In Kang

I didn't think Latios was the best partner for a Mega Mawile team without compromising the build. I appreciate this isn't what you asked for, also your request has been sitting in the backburner for a while, but here's a team I built around Mega Mawile.

Baton Pass Mawile is probably the best to get out Mawiles niche, as alot of pokemon can switch into Mawile for free like Primal Groudon, and ho-oh, baton pass allows to create momentum with kyogre getting on safely on a predicted switch to either groudon or Ho-oh. Physcially defensive Kyogre with rest talk was to help remedy these, aswell as being a status absorber, mainly sleep from darkrai, Kyogre is generally the best partner Mega Mawile can have due to these traits.

Groudon is the obvious rocker of choice, I went with thunder-wave Groudon to help out Mawile due to it's poor speed and enables groudon to cripple it's common switch ins what Mawile can easily take care of, it also helps out with Xerneas. an alternative you can try is SD + Rocks Groudon to help out better with stall matchups and a secondary breaker. The Team still struggled with Darkrai still and I didnt feel Mawile + Kyogre was enough to Tackle it, especially with the present of Thunder Darkrai, E Killer Arceus was added to provide some extra security vs Darkrai aswell as helping out with the offense matchup. Girtina-Origin is the defogger of choice to help check SD users in general such as Arceus and Groudon, since kyogre is not enough for opposing Groudon. The team needed a breaker and something that can help vs psychics / Mega Gengar so I added LO Yveltal with enough speed evs to creep standard Supportceus and adamant rayquaza.

Hope you enjoy the team.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 200 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 Atk / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Return

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge

Requesting a bulky offense team based around Double Dance Groudon and DD+Facade Salamence. I find this to be a really good offensive team because it can take care of each other's checks and counters and applies a lot of offensive pressure, but I'm a returning player with poor meta knowledge, so if anyone can help me get a jumpstart, that'd be helpful :)
If it's not too offending, I'd like to bump my post :)

Last edited:
I'm getting used to the ORAS metagame, and one thing that's just painfully obvious is how much PrimalDon centralizes it.

Do you guys have any suggestions on building a viable core which can not only deal with Primal Groudon yet also lets my team not need to run Primaldon?

I know it's good, has a ton of power and utility, and incredible perks, but I don't like situations where so many teams are expected to not simply check it, which is reasonable, but also to run it, which seems somewhat uncomfortable.

Currently, I like how Lugia and Giratina-Origin handle it, as they both have the attributes to, at the very least give it trouble, and if used right can get the KO. The issue is that those two Pokemon don't form a core in and of themselves.

Right now a psuedo-group/core I like running is a combination of 2 or more of the following: cleric Xerneas, Lugia, Latias, and Giratina-O. There's a great amount of utility with these Pokemon, allowing me to do things like the following:
  • Remove my own team's status effects
  • Remove entry hazards
  • Spread status effects across the other team
  • Phase
  • Do reasonable, but not extreme damage
  • Absorb and check many damage types and enemy Pokemon.
I'm trying to figure out what Pokemon help complete this grouping. Like which Arceus form(s) works well, which Mega could add a lot of utility, etc. Again, I'd like a way to build around Primal Groudon without using Primal Groudon.

Thanks guys!
-Riley

hyw

Banned deucer.
Hey rileydelete, great to see you getting back into the game, we've missed you!

A core that I have invented specifically in an attempt to address the issue you have raised consists of the following: Skarmory, Ho-Oh, and Arceus-Ground. Spreads and sets are unimportant for the most part with the only nuance being that Arceus-Ground must be carrying Judgment, so something along the lines of Judgment, Ice Beam/Defog, Toxic/Defog, and Recover would work.

The first step in creating a core that counters a Pokémon as over-centralizing as Primal Groudon is to identify all of its viable sets, which consist of a dichotmy between offensive with Precipice Blades and Stone Edge, offensive with Fire Blast, and supportive with Stone Edge, and supportive with Lava Plume. In our case, Arceus-Ground counters the former two, Skarmory the support with a Rock-type move, and Ho-Oh the support with a Fire-type move.

I have taken a liking to teaching both Skarmory and Arceus-Ground Defog to support Ho-Oh's greatest weakness to the maximum. The crux of this core is to bait the Primal Groudon into revealing its moveset as you absorb incoming hits with respective appropriate switch-ins until you identify which of the three is the full-on counter to the specific Primal Groudon you are facing. The only scenario unexamined thus far is that of a supportive set sporting both a Rock and Fire-type move, but these are rarely encoutered in higher level play as supportive Primal Groudon is always equipped with Precipice Blades, a Xerneas solution, and Stealth Rocks; if worst comes to worst, Arceus-Ground is there to kill it outright.

The only forseeable scenario in which this core is broken would be by a Primal Groudon carrying both Eruption and Stone Edge in combination with either Trick Room, Sticky Webs, or Tailwind, but these can be counter-played/played around with ease with the correct sequences thanks to the bulk of the core and access to Defog.

A team that I personally use utilizing this exact core consists of the following: Primal Groudon, Skarmory, Mega-Salamence, Xerneas, Ho-Oh, and Arceus-Ground, and the following is a replay of me using a variation of the team with Arceus-Ground's role delineated into Mega-Gengar and Arceus Water: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-376690411
I think the replay accurately reflects upon how the core works together flexibly to ensure Primal Groudon is rendered non-threatening.

Good luck man, it's awesome to see you swinging around these corners of the Internet! xD
-Henri

Last edited:
rileydelete Well, while it is possible to make a entire team without PDon, it IS one of the most metagame-changing mons for a reason: is one of the best SR setters in the tier, can check Kyogre if sun is up and makes one of the most threatning sets it has (Scarf Water Spout) completely UNVIABLE. Then there is also the fact that it can check Xerneas quite reliably, can pack quite a punch with the Double Dance set (and even without it, btw), has a lot of unpredictability with the mixed RP set, and can absorb both TWave and Will-O-Wisp. I dont really have any problems with you doing this, though, so best of luck to ya. XD

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 56 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

I love this set, but I've never gotten it to work. This is honestly a set I have wanted to try out for months, but have just not figured out. Hopefully someone can pick it up!

Anyone up for making a team based on Mega Pinsir?

Maybe obvious set, but will attach it anyway:

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Would appreciate it a lot since I would love to see Mega Pinsir in a team. I think it could be very viable with a good defogger, like Waterceus or Giratina-O for instance.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.

Drangonn.

Heres a Mixed don Hyper offensive build I built, Pretty standard Dialga HO, Mixed Donner is pretty fun right now and I find the best offensive partner to be SD Arceus-Ghost. Mix don can surprise common don switch ins such as Mence / Tina etc while weakening bulkier pokemon such as Lugia for Arceus-Ghost. Darkrai pairs nicely with Groudon and ghostceus, helps to create holes for either of the two to sweep and to create pressure with dark void / help prevent defog and dealing with opposing ghosts. Salamence is the mega of the team pratically by defualt on these kinds of builds, requiring a sufficient ground immunity for Arceus-Ground and Pdon, aswell as reliving some pressure. Standard Scarf Xerneas to help out with opposing darkrai and some extra insurance verus Yveltal and offense.

Hope you enjoy the team

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
-

Drangonn.

Heres a Mixed don Hyper offensive build I built, Pretty standard Dialga HO, Mixed Donner is pretty fun right now and I find the best offensive partner to be SD Arceus-Ghost. Mix don can surprise common don switch ins such as Mence / Tina etc while weakening bulkier pokemon such as Lugia for Arceus-Ghost. Darkrai pairs nicely with Groudon and ghostceus, helps to create holes for either of the two to sweep and to create pressure with dark void / help prevent defog and dealing with opposing ghosts. Salamence is the mega of the team pratically by defualt on these kinds of builds, requiring a sufficient ground immunity for Arceus-Ground and Pdon, aswell as reliving some pressure. Standard Scarf Xerneas to help out with opposing darkrai and some extra insurance verus Yveltal and offense.

Hope you enjoy the team

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
-
This is lit, dude! It looks really solid and I can't wait to test it out.

Drangonn.

Hope you enjoy the team

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Precipice Blades

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Extreme Speed

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
-
I know I am not the requester, but this is pretty nice! I actually used it a lot before, and I have found it pretty fun to use. Nice to see it finally getting some love! XD

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Anyone up for making a team based on Mega Pinsir?

Maybe obvious set, but will attach it anyway:

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Would appreciate it a lot since I would love to see Mega Pinsir in a team. I think it could be very viable with a good defogger, like Waterceus or Giratina-O for instance.

Thanks in advance!
Sadly I dont feel Mega Pinsir is worth building around, its pretty much outclassed by mega salamence and it's unviable in the Ubers metagame. I also can't think of a possible configuarion on paper without compromising the build or to justify it's slot over anything else in the current ubers metagame without being completely outclassed.

disregard my original post, gonna go for something different this time, requesting a balanced team around bulky mega salamence.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

Hi =) , I'm Requesting an offense or bulky offense with landorus-i and dialga. You can change dialga evspread if you want, I'm not sure how to use it D=

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Sludge Wave

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alice Kazumi

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 164 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
Mega Gengar, Xerneas, and Arceus-Normal were chosen as the 3 remaining Pokemon because of how they compress the defense against Darkrai and EKiller while maintaing a highly offensive presence that doesn't sap momentum. I decided to keep the Landorus EV spread with maximum Speed so that it gets the jump on all the high Speed invested base 90s running around right now in addition to moving before certain common support Arceus. Dialga was changed to Modest because I don't think the maximum Speed is needed there, especially when Landorus is already max. The Dialga actually does several useful things for this team: takes Stealth Rock off of Primal Groudon, checks Mega Salamence, provides a Water resistance, and provides a few of the Steel-type hallmarks. Overall I think this is about as offensive as you can go with a lackluster Pokemon such as Landorus-I. Feel free to adjust coverage moves as needed.

Edit: Theultimate12 I seem to have unintentionally filled your team request as well

Last edited:
Alice Kazumi

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 164 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Landorus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
Mega Gengar, Xerneas, and Arceus-Normal were chosen as the 3 remaining Pokemon because of how they compress the defense against Darkrai and EKiller while maintaing a highly offensive presence that doesn't sap momentum. I decided to keep the Landorus EV spread with maximum Speed so that it gets the jump on all the high Speed invested base 90s running around right now in addition to moving before certain common support Arceus. Dialga was changed to Modest because I don't think the maximum Speed is needed there, especially when Landorus is already max. The Dialga actually does several useful things for this team: takes Stealth Rock off of Primal Groudon, checks Mega Salamence, provides a Water resistance, and provides a few of the Steel-type hallmarks. Overall I think this is about as offensive as you can go with a lackluster Pokemon such as Landorus-I. Feel free to adjust coverage moves as needed.

Edit: Theultimate12 I seem to have unintentionally filled your team request as well
Nah, dont worry about it. Yeah, I do think its pretty hard to make a team around Landorus-I when he`s just so frail and a lot of priority kills it, but when you get around his weaknesses, it can be a pretty damn threatning wallbreaker, being able to outright MURDER a lot of metagame threats like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh (and even Xerneas, Mega Mence and Rayquaza, depending on its coverage moves) so yeah, it has a lot of potential.

Requesting Primal Groudon ( Offence ) with Mega Salamance.

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge

Salamence @ Salamencite | Dragon/Flying |
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake / Substitute / Refresh

Cynara

Banned deucer.
disregard my original post, gonna go for something different this time, requesting a balanced team around bulky mega salamence.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

TrulyDevious

I dont like requests lingering and yours is pretty straightforward, so heres a team I built a while back.

Pretty standard Ho-oh Balance with Refresh Mega Salamence, I've shifted the sets on this team alot of versions of this team have gotten me quite a decent success, especially the early rounds of Seasonals. Salamence is the main win condition of the team, I prefer fast arceus water to help tackle jolly rayquaza slightly better aswell as outspeeding slower variants of Mega-Salamence. Giratina-o and Klefki complete the defensive backbone, having basically perfect defensive synergy, klefki helps blanket check alot of stuff aswell as pressuring switch ins with spikes or toxic, Heal block is an option if you're concerned about Rest Geomancy Xerneas, however its very feasible to play against anyways.

EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 200 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 Atk / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:
Would somebody do me a favour and do something for me around these mons, please:

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Whilst two of these mons aren't common, I feel they form a good core. Very few teams prepare for non-cm/resttalk Kyogres or Grass Arceus, and Ho-oh is always cool. This team would probably appreciate more hazard support and another P-don check, as all three have a shaky matchup with it.

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
I think it would be better and easier for the builders to work around with ho-oh + an arceus support form. As it can provide defog support which takes a lot of pressure off of ho-oh, allowing it to check mons like xern and darkrai more consistently. So yea i don't think primal kyogre is needed, idk i feel like there is more flexibility with 2 mon cores than 3 mon cores but thats just personal preference i guess. Although there are definitely some teams including ho-oh+ arceus support form see cranham's team which has gira-o as defogger, also there was an dragceus team somewhere in this thread. But ya hf :o

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam/Defog
- Judgment/Defog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)