Tournament Ubers Premier League V - Finals (Won by Defiant Durians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the finals of UPL V, a tournament 100% guaranteed to ruin friendships!

Important Things to Remember

• Good sportsmanship is expected. We have an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction for a reason, and we will use it if needed. Semi-aggressive play is fine, but don't go overboard.
  • Use your VM walls to schedule matches. VM activity will be a big factor in deciding activity wins.
  • If you wish to replay a disconnection, you MUST have submitted your team by FORUM PM to Fireburn before your match. If this is unclear, here is the information from the previous SPL thread:
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Oglemi and Aldaron, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

• YOU MUST SAVE A REPLAY/LOG OF YOUR MATCH OR IT WILL BE CONSIDERED INVALID. These are fun to watch and can be used for statistics and to chronicle new metagame developments over the course of UPL, so you should do it anyway!
  • DO NOT JOHN YOUR MATCHES OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

Defiant Durians (4) vs The Burning Red White Kyurems (4)

SM Ubers: Exiline vs HunterStorm
SM Ubers: obii vs DontStealMyPenguin
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs hyw
ORAS Ubers: Californium vs Lacus Clyne
ORAS Ubers: Reje vs Lord Outrage
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Bossness
DPP Ubers: M Dragon vs Alex Walls
ADV Ubers: zf vs Melle2402

Deadline is June 4th at 11:59 PM EST.

Additional notes:
  • Arceus is banned from DPP Ubers.
  • Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree to play on PO. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS!, you must save a log of the match. In the event of a disagreement, you must play on PS!
  • The logo at the top is courtesy of HotFuzzBall!
  • ALL MATCHUPS ARE BEST OF THREE
Good luck to all!

*MANAGERS, IF THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR LINEUPS CONTACT FIREBURN IMMEDIATELY*

Last edited:
Observation, experience and history have demonstrated the downfall and corruption of the Pokémon battling community. It was once the goal of all Pokémon trainers to become the very best, like no one ever was. But in the hearts and minds of many so-called "Pokémon trainers" today... the goal they have set for themselves is one that is a mere shell of its former self in terms of grandeur. They aim not for Pokémon Mastery, but rather, the ability to fool others into believing that they have achieved such.

Some consider pride to be one of, and in fact, the worst of the Seven Deadly Sins. Yet ironically, the absence of such for the aforementioned reasons has halted the growth of many would-be Pokémon trainers far and wide, as they come into contact with the innumerable illusory walls erected by a community whose foundations have been poisoned by the defiled form of this feeling. As the glaciers are ignited in a raging inferno, a blazingly bright orange light pierces the sea of darkness embodied by the world of competitive Pokémon. And from the depths of the melting ice, a group of Pokémon trainers has risen - the ones who hold a Poké Ball in their hands not for the sake of replicating the instincts and impulses of animals, but rather to approach Pokémon battling for its primordial reason.

For the grace, for the might of the The Burning Red White Kyurems! For the faith, for the way of Pokémon Mastery! History shall repeat itself! Under the management of myself - the Great Pokémon Master - the man who has never before been on an Ubers Premier League team that did not achieve victory over the entire tournament it was in... we will win, we will win, and we will win. The incorruptible members of The Burning Red White Kyurems have surfaced upon the ocean of pandemonium, yet remain engulfed in the light of purity, and stand together to form, as demonstrated by their position in the final round of this tournament, the strongest team in the history of the Ubers Premier League!

All hail The Burning Red White Kyurems!

Glory be to the The Burning Red White Kyurems! Long live our proud team!

May the mountains and the seas bow before The Burning Red White Kyurems!

And last, but certainly not least...

GLORY BE TO OUR IMMINENT VICTORY!

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even though week after week we couldn’t catch any breaks, I hope everyone who played for Cipher this year got to interact with some new users, got a decent game or two, and had some fun. The ending stats are deceptive, and do not at all indicate the amount of work that you put in or our capability as a team. To round out our season we were given an atrocious display of sportsmanship by a team that has to rely on last second subs, false activity claims, and Baton Pass to barely snake into finals. Even after the lows of the season, I hope that you’ll all stick around for next UPL where things will turn around for Cipher.

Thank you Fireburn for hosting again this year and for supporting my assistant manager and myself. Thank you Colonel M for being my assistant manager and running things with me. Even though our team had a rough run it was a good experience teaming with you and I’d do it again in the future. Thank you HotFuzzBall for working with Colonel M and myself to create our team’s art.

Thank you to everyone who kept on giving it your all the whole season, even after we were eliminated from playoffs. Winning the tour is cool and all, but by far the most important thing is for you to make good decisions, develop as players, and of course, have some fun. These are the reasons why we play this game – not to gloat or repeat the same line of bold text every week.

Good luck to those still in the tournament. Bring good teams, make smart plays, and have some chivalry and sportsmanship. These traits have become exceedingly rare.

Defiant Durians (5) vs The Burning Red White Kyurems (3)
SM Ubers: Exiline(70) vs HunterStorm(30)- Exiline is the better player, don't see an upset happening.
SM Ubers: obii(40) vs Thimo(60)- One of the most solid anti-meta players vs a very meta player, if obii wants to win he's gotta mix things up.
SM Ubers: Pohjis(45) vs hyw(55)- Both are solid, however hyw has proven in the past he knows how to deal with Pohjis. Should be fun matches regardless.
ORAS Ubers: Californium(55) vs Lacus Clyne(45)- Lacus has been very one dimensional with team choice, but both are solid players so we'll see.
ORAS Ubers: Reje(55) vs Lord Outrage(45)- Another anti-meta player vs someone who pushed the ORAS meta, should be a fun one to watch.
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe(49) vs Bossness(51)- I can feel an upset brewing.
DPP Ubers: M Dragon(60) vs Alex Walls(40)- M Dragon is consistent and solid while Alex has been struggling with the pressure and making misplays.
ADV Ubers: zf(60) vs Melle2402(40)- After being haxed week 1 by melle, zf will be thirsty for blood. He's the more solid player and I don't see him dropping this grudge match.

Last edited:
We may have lost the season, but the Drizzlers will always live on.

I wanna give a shoutout + thanks to everyone on my team for playing and generally being a really fun gang to hang with. There may have been some things we could all have done differently inside and outside of battle, but don't let it stand over your heads. There's plenty more opportunities for you all and the main goal of this tournament (and the game at large) in my eyes is to have fun. I hope I gave a good environment for that to be possible. Shoutouts to the Drizzlers supporters outside the team, there's always next year.

I have no favorite to win this, I just hope for interesting games. At least make that possible.

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I never do predictions but this is finals of UPL, so..

Defiant Durians (5) vs The Burning Red White Kyurems (1)

SM Ubers: Exiline vs HunterStorm - Better player at Ubers.
SM Ubers: obii vs Thimo - I do not know how well can Thimo play with non meme teams, we will see.
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs hyw - Could go either way.
ORAS Ubers: Californium vs Lacus Clyne - This could go either way, i would give the upper hand to Californium perhaps.
ORAS Ubers: Reje vs Lord Outrage - Outrage is back and determined to win this, Reje had a great run but i think Outrage is better.
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Bossness - 5-0 speaks for itself, the better player here.
DPP Ubers: M Dragon vs Alex Walls - Alex Walls did well but i will go with the experience.
ADV Ubers: zf vs Melle2402 - Same as above Melle had a great run this UPL and i am really happy for my bro from PO!

On a final note, i would like to say sorry to my teammates for my bad perfomance, it was great having you all and despite the bad season we had i could say it was an okay experience for me. Lets have a good final!

SM Ubers: Exiline vs HunterStorm {Exiline is simply the better player from what I've seen}
SM Ubers: obii vs Thimo {If his team helps him prep properly this will go to Barrington's son}
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs hyw {Unless Henri switches it up, Pohjis will take}
ORAS Ubers: Californium vs Lacus Clyne {If Lacus mixes things up and will prep properly, she will take. If not, this one will go to Cali}
ORAS Ubers: Reje vs Lord Outrage {Dank memes vs my G. Since trout's been inactive af idk how this will turn out}
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Bossness {You don't bet against a guy who's 5-0}
DPP Ubers: M Dragon vs Alex Walls {Alex Walls is solid, but dragon is a beast on a different level}
ADV Ubers: zf vs Melle2402 {Mr. 650340K out for revenge}

+1337 Legend ワタル: You can't complain about hax when you're being cancer.

All of you finalists better ingrave this into your brain because your god has spoken and he is most definitely onto something.

To all my fossil brothers: It's been a fun ride. I love all of you (except Leru, u suck). We would've been in finals if the hax jesi hadn't screwed us as much, but alas that's the game we play. Guess I just want to thank you all for making this as enjoyable as it has been, even though I've already sort of done that. It was a pleasure and I'll catch you all on the other side.

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to see people who didn't make it trying to blame the people who made it for them not making it. Also, you might want to watch your own replays, Minority , Baton Pass snaking isn't exactly condoned by your players (g3 Hunter Vs Holy Break, ironically, a last second sub)
GLORY BE TO OUR IMMINENT VICTORY!

Last edited:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Defiant Durians (0) vs The Burning Red White Kyurems (0)
SM Ubers: Exiline vs HunterStorm - Dont rly know either, i think i lost to hunterstorm tho so ill rest easier if i lost to someone good(altho i kno 0-2 noob f*ck)
SM Ubers: obii vs Thimo - obii juan can pull it out ez,,hes rly good at this game
SM Ubers: Pohjis vs hyw - oof. Intense fite. Cant rly pick a dude but rooting for pohjis as hes a bro who tolerates my constant trolling
ORAS Ubers: Californium vs Lacus Clyne - U still suk tho noob
ORAS Ubers: Reje vs Lord Outrage - goat, sry reje but this guy will go full TriHard after pulling the spl repeat "oh yea def quitting,,,wait my team got a chance? nvm we back xD"
BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Bossness - 2 good players dunno
DPP Ubers: M Dragon vs Alex Walls - Mariano is a rly good player, expecting a good fight tho
ADV Ubers: zf vs Melle2402 - Unless krazeh luck zf will win quite handily, this guy is just 2 good

shotouts nayrz for buying me, sorry i didnt do shit tho i suk ugh x.x was a fun experience anyways my team was a fun group of fellas,, we should play cards against humanity again yn bop

The Burning Red White Kyurems (8)

SM Ubers: obii vs Thimo

Time to finish this. All hail The Burning Red White Kyurems...!!!
I hope for good matchs here. Just gives us epic battles...!!!

Last edited:
Defiant Durians (5) vs The Burning Red White Kyurems (2)

Thanks to Mr. Numbers for signing me even when I'm not very known and sorry team for losing on the decisive week, we could have been here. I hope Durians get it, they made a great tour.

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Defiant Durians (5) vs The Burning Red White Kyurems (1)

Durians to take it.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So we lost the way to a final we probably should have had. I had a feeling this would happen and in a way I blame myself for it. I had such a capable team and I didn't do as much for you guys as I should have I think. I got a bit aloof over this tour a while ago and some of our games may have been rushed as a result. We might have gotten unlucky a few times but that's the game we play.

I just want to thank you guys for being such a great team. I'm not upset over this personally but I wanted all of us to take it because you guys are amazing. I got all of you for a reason and I wouldn't have drafted it any other way. I don't know what will happen going forward but we'll see.

Oh and my fellow Scoot Rohan and his team have this tour.

GGunner Rohan vs Transcendent God Champion: i predict rohan to ggunner them up only for the rocks to be bounced back by the God Champion's magic bouncer, leading to an untimely loss for the smelly fruit captain. I am looking forward to a guide to Pokemon war and battling following the Kyurem's burning white ascent to glory.

SM Ubers: Exiline vs HunterStorm - watch the AG players bop the uber players again

SM Ubers: obii vs Thimo - see above. also thimo is way too unpredictable and u might as well give up now before a vigorot gobbles u up with +6 satk under its belt

SM Ubers: Pohjis vs hyw - pohjis is good and all, but this kiddo is going to college armed with 6000 A+'s under his belt. I'll bet you he's already written and formulated 3 new and original trigonometric and calculus functions to derive exactly what team, moves and plays he should use. In simpler terms, this time hyw will bring his sample HO and stall in such a combination that Pohjis' cteams are brought in the incorrect order. no joke tho, hyw is a genius.

ORAS Ubers: Californium vs Lacus Clyne - just simply better player from what i've seen. lacus has been rather predictable with teams

ORAS Ubers: Reje vs Lord Outrage - trout is rly good, but i mean, how do you beat a muk? lol

BW2 Ubers: Kebabe vs Bossness - to be honest, not many bw2 games have been particularly exciting this UPL, which has been a disappointment. first week this match was incredibly hyped up but was quite a let down. hopefully we can see some exciting and final worthy matches this time. lol jk ive already accepted kebabe's gonna bring a tropius game 3 and bossness is gonna choke or smthg.

Anyway, shoutouts to the dragceus, you guys are all goats, and were great to play with and i had a sweet time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)