Metagame Type Split (May LCotM!)

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
[Art goes here]
Approved by KaenSoul and Isaiah

What is this metagame?
A move's damage category has been determined somewhat arbitrarily since generation 4 with what players call the "physical/special split". Have you ever had trouble remembering what each and every move's category is? Water Shuriken definitely used to be physical and how in the world is Diamond Storm not a special move? Well, worry no more, we've taken that split completely out of the game! Damage categories are now determined by a move's typing, just like it was in generations 1-3.

Premise:
  • OU-based metagame.
  • A move's category is determined by its type.
    • Physical types: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel
    • Special types: Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water
  • This does not change other attributes of moves like whether it makes contact or bullet/sound based moves.
Specific Mechanics:
  • Fairy being the only type introduced after the modern physical/special split is assigned to being a special type.
  • Moves and abilities with added effects that change what stat is used in damage calculation retain their effects.
    • Psyshock and Psystrike will use the Pokemon's Special Attack and the opposing Pokemon's Defense for damage calculation.
    • Secret Sword will use the Pokemon's Attack and the opposing Pokemon's Defense stat for damage calculation.
    • Body Press will use the Pokemon's Defense and the opposing Pokemon's Defense stat for damage calculation.
    • Photon Geyser and Shell Side Arm will use the Pokemon's Special Attack or Attack respectively and the opposing Pokemon's lower defensive stat for damage calculation.
    • The abilities Weak Armor, Fur Coat, Ice Face, and Toxic Debris and the moves Counter and Shell Trap will be activated when the Pokemon is hit by a move of the physical types.
    • Ice Scales and Mirror Coat will activate when the Pokemon is hit by a move of the special types.
  • Tera Blast will behave as a physical Normal-type move unless the user is Terastalized, then it will take on the category of that Pokemon's Tera type.
    • Stellar-type Tera Blast's category will depend on the Pokemon's higher attacking stat.
Clauses:
Standard OMs, Sleep Moves Clause

• :annihilape:Annihilape
  • :arceus: Arceus (all formes)
  • :archaludon:Archaludon
  • :calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Shadow
  • :chi-yu:Chi-Yu
  • :deoxys:Deoxys-Base
  • :deoxys-attack:Deoxys-Attack
  • :dialga:Dialga (all formes)
  • :espathra:Espathra
  • :eternatus:Eternatus
  • :flutter mane:Flutter Mane
  • :giratina:Giratina (all formes)
  • :groudon:Groudon
  • :ho-oh:Ho-Oh
  • :iron bundle:Iron Bundle
  • :koraidon:Koraidon
  • :kyogre:Kyogre
  • :kyurem-white:Kyurem-White
  • :landorus:Landorus-Incarnate
  • :lugia:Lugia
  • :lunala:Lunala
  • :magearna:Magearna
  • :mewtwo:Mewtwo
  • :miraidon:Miraidon
  • :necrozma-dawn-wings:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
  • :necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
  • :palkia:Palkia (all formes)
  • :rayquaza:Rayquaza
  • :regieleki:Regieleki
  • :reshiram:Reshiram
  • :shaymin-sky:Skaymin-Sky
  • :sneasler:Sneasler
  • :solgaleo:Solgaleo
  • :terapagos:Terapagos
  • :zacian-crowned:Zacian-Crowned
  • :zamazenta-crowned:Zamazenta-Crowned

Other Bans:
  • Abilities: Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Snow Cloak
  • Items: Bright Powder, King's Rock, Razor Fang
  • Moves: Baton Pass, Last Respects, Shed Tail
Strategies:
Pokemon with good defensive typings or a specific defensive niche become much stronger due to a higher reliance on resistances and specific uses of defense. Stall may see some increased viability as breaking through teams is harder for offense. Blissey becomes hard to break for anything without strong coverage from a physical type, Unaware Pokemon can sit on more things, and Gliscor looks like it could be very hard to handle. Despite Gholdengo losing special STAB moves, its defensive utility and support movepool will still leave it successful.

On paper, the best offensive Pokemon will be ones that still offer some defensive utility or other support to the team. Other Pokemon can succeed if they have tools to break through the defensive cores that will be running rampant. Certain offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant and Walking Wake do seem to get much better from this change and even Dragapult could become a problem but overall most offensive Pokemon lose some vital parts of their toolkit.

Watchlist:
  • :blissey::dondozo::gliscor:Stall Pokemon (namely Gliscor) could be looked at, but very hard to tell if it would be broken on paper.
  • :iron valiant::dragapult:The aforementioned Iron Valiant/Dragapult could be dangerous as strong mixed attackers and breaking through defensive cores.
  • :walking wake:Walking Wake is a strong special attacker that, unlike most Pokemon, loses nothing with this shift and actually gains special Knock Off and Flip Turn.
  • :Calyrex-Ice::Zacian::Kyurem Black: Arguably, some of the stronger unbans from Ubers may still pose a threat even without their STAB moves.
  • Depending on how influential Terastalization becomes, Terastal Clause may be implemented in the future.
Resources:
Playability: Now playable!
Sample Teams: Coming Soon!
Viability Rankings: Coming Soon!

Council:
:serperior:@SergioRules (Leader)
:bulbasaur:@competitiveZero
:slaking:@Lhions

Last edited:
[Art goes here]

What is this metagame?
A move's damage category has been determined somewhat arbitrarily since generation 4 with what players call the "physical/special split". Have you ever had trouble remembering what each and every move's category is? Water Shuriken definitely used to be physical and how in the world is Diamond Storm not a special move? Well, worry no more, we've taken that split completely out of the game! Damage categories are now determined by a move's typing, just like it was in generations 1-3.

Premise:
  • OU-based metagame.
    • Physical types: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel
    • Special types: Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water
  • This does not change other attributes of moves like whether it makes contact or bullet/sound based moves.
Specific Mechanics:
  • Fairy being the only type introduced after the modern physical/special split is assigned to being a special type.
  • Moves and abilities with added effects that change what stat is used in damage calculation retain their effects.
    • Psyshock and Psystrike will use the Pokemon's Special Attack and the opposing Pokemon's Defense for damage calculation.
    • Secret Sword will use the Pokemon's Attack and the opposing Pokemon's Defense stat for damage calculation.
    • Body Press will use the Pokemon's Defense and the opposing Pokemon's Defense stat for damage calculation.
    • Photon Geyser and Shell Side Arm will use the Pokemon's Special Attack or Attack respectively and the opposing Pokemon's lower defensive stat for damage calculation.
    • The abilities Weak Armor, Fur Coat, Ice Face, and Toxic Debris and the moves Counter and Shell Trap will be activated when the Pokemon is hit by a move of the physical types.
    • Ice Scales and Mirror Coat will activate when the Pokemon is hit by a move of the special types.
  • Tera Blast will behave as a physical Normal-type move unless the user is Terastalized, then it will take on the category of that Pokemon's Tera type.
    • Stellar-type Tera Blast's category will depend on the Pokemon's higher attacking stat.
Clauses:

Other Bans:
Strategies:
Pokemon with good defensive typings or a specific defensive niche become much stronger due to a higher reliance on resistances and specific uses of defense. Stall may see some increased viability as breaking through teams is harder for offense. Blissey becomes hard to break for anything without strong coverage from a physical type, Unaware Pokemon can sit on more things, and Gliscor looks like it could be very hard to handle. Despite Gholdengo losing special STAB moves, its defensive utility and support movepool will still leave it successful.

On paper, the best offensive Pokemon will be ones that still offer some defensive utility or other support to the team. Other Pokemon can succeed if they have tools to break through the defensive cores that will be running rampant. Certain offensive Pokemon like Iron Valiant and Walking Wake do seem to get much better from this change and even Dragapult could become a problem but overall most offensive Pokemon lose some vital parts of their toolkit.

Watchlist:
  • :blissey::dondozo::gliscor:Stall Pokemon (namely Gliscor) could be looked at, but very hard to tell if it would be broken on paper.
  • :iron valiant::dragapult:The aforementioned Iron Valiant/Dragapult could be dangerous as strong mixed attackers and breaking through defensive cores.
  • :walking wake:Walking Wake is a strong special attacker that, unlike most Pokemon, loses nothing with this shift and actually gains special Knock Off and Flip Turn.
  • :Calyrex-Ice::Zacian::Kyurem Black: Arguably, some of the stronger unbans from Ubers may still pose a threat even without their STAB moves.
  • Depending on how influential Terastalization becomes, Terastal Clause may be implemented in the future.
Resources:
Playability: Coming Soon!

Council:
:bulbasaur:competitiveZero
:slaking:Lhions
Does this also run with the pre-Gen 6 Steel type matchups?

Potential Watchlist additions:

:darkrai:
In the absence of kingambit, another broken sucker puncher arose

:Pelipper::politoed:
I don’t know exactly how to fix rain in this instance, but considering aqua jet is now special, and several rain abusers are now absurdly better, tiering action should definitely be considered

:sylveon:
An odd choice, but a complete and utter lack of offensive steel types outside of scizor means you effectively have no way of hitting a pokemon with pixelate quick attack, setup potential, recovery, and a goated typing

:Latios: :Latias:
Steels and dark types are nerfed into the ground, and with fairies few and far between you are left with difficult to resist, fast, and versatile special attackers

A few edits/clarifications I would suggest:

Photon Geyser and Shell Side Arm will use the Pokemon's Special Attack or Attack respectively and the opposing Pokemon's lower defensive stat for damage calculation.
This may just be the fault of shortening the wording, but neither of these moves really work like that in base game. Photon Geyser only changes categories, so the opponent’s defense stats are ignored for determining it. If attack is higher, the move is physical, and uses the opponent’s defense stat. Side Shell Arm basically runs the damage calc for special attack vs. special defense against attack vs. defense, and the category is just determined by whichever of those damage values is greater. In both cases, the category is the only thing really changed, and the attacking and defending stats are used according to that category.
Also fur coat just doubles the defense stat like huge power, doesn’t necessarily “activate.”

Other than that, this is a great idea! I think there's a lot of ways the game changes with type-based categories, and that a lot of innovation can come from this om.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
why is zacian free again? uhm

Zacian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Iron Head / Air Slash
- Tera Blast

Zacian @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Steel / Ground / Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Steel Beam / Tera Blast / Air Slash

yeah... (and yes, fairy moves are physical, gens 1-3 even have this interaction when using fairy type moves in custom game)

ok edit fairy being listed as special is gonna cause issues for the rest of the site, and why is it even special like surely if everything is based on g1-3 then we go with the one alr used on ps? or is this just like a who cares moment

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Zacian @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Iron Head / Air Slash
- Tera Blast

Zacian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

yeah... (and yes, fairy moves are physical, gens 1-3 even have this interaction when using fairy type moves in custom game)
Specific Mechanics:

SergioRules

||blimp||
Today was apparently not the day to post this! I thought I would have a much more open schedule to firmly start the conversation on this but ended up traveling to see the eclipse. I'll try to address as many things as I can!
Corviknight becomes way stronger since there is now no physical move that can hit it super effectively.
Kingambit is heavily nerfed as it cannot use physical Dark moves anymore.
One thing I think we'll notice is that already good defensive mons get significantly better because many of them already rely heavily on their defensive typings. While on the opposite hand, as addressed here, offensive Pokemon most likely lose one or both of their STABs, making them significantly worse, having to rely on coverage or support more often than not.
Two questions:

1: Do we have anything that can handle Darkrai and/or Hoopa-Unbound? Because they look incredibly scary to switch into in this meta

2: With Aqua Jet and Ice Shard becoming Special, which of the Pokemons that learn them should we keep an eye on?
1) Ting-Lu handles both pretty well and Blissey will be a great part of any defensive backbone. Obviously these are both victims of Trick so is any usual check to these mons
2) For Jet you've got Primarina, Walking Wake, and Keldeo. Ice Shard doesn't really have anything unless you want to use it on special Cloyster.
This may just be the fault of shortening the wording, but neither of these moves really work like that in base game. Photon Geyser only changes categories, so the opponent’s defense stats are ignored for determining it. If attack is higher, the move is physical, and uses the opponent’s defense stat. Side Shell Arm basically runs the damage calc for special attack vs. special defense against attack vs. defense, and the category is just determined by whichever of those damage values is greater. In both cases, the category is the only thing really changed, and the attacking and defending stats are used according to that category.
Also fur coat just doubles the defense stat like huge power, doesn’t necessarily “activate.”

Other than that, this is a great idea! I think there's a lot of ways the game changes with type-based categories, and that a lot of innovation can come from this om.
I wasn't fully aware that this was the in-depth mechanics of these moves, given that, it seems like the best case scenario would be just to make Photon Geyser special, and Shell Side Arm physical unless we just keep them as they usually act in the game, but that would deviate from the idea of the metagame.

Zacian @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Iron Head / Air Slash
- Tera Blast

Zacian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

ok edit fairy being listed as special is gonna cause issues for the rest of the site, and why is it even special like surely if everything is based on g1-3 then we go with the one alr used on ps? or is this just like a who cares moment
I decided to make Fairy-type special due to the common idea that the special types in gens 1-3 are the types of the Eevee evolutions+Dragon (and also because it just made the most sense to me). I also wasn't aware there was a meta that used Fairy-type in gen 3, could you possibly drop a link?
To address the Zacian concern, my initial thought was with a special STAB it would be a bit more manageable but taking another look at it, I agree that it should probably be banned. I'll check with the other council members but I don't think that'll be an issue.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I decided to make Fairy-type special due to the common idea that the special types in gens 1-3 are the types of the Eevee evolutions+Dragon (and also because it just made the most sense to me). I also wasn't aware there was a meta that used Fairy-type in gen 3, could you possibly drop a link?
To address the Zacian concern, my initial thought was with a special STAB it would be a bit more manageable but taking another look at it, I agree that it should probably be banned. I'll check with the other council members but I don't think that'll be an issue.
I dont think there is much need to ban anything else before it gets playable, just to give a chance to stuff before the first ban wave, people will want to try out the brokens before the first ban wave that can easily be a day into the ladder.
And if I had to predict anything, I imagine Zacian would only become broken because of tera giving it a more usable stab, like fighting, and even then it doesn't look that much better than actual fighting types like Iron Valiant and Zama that don't need to eat your tera, and defensive mons already look better than offensive ones so just letting some crazy offensive mons to figure out the powerlevel of the tier may be worth it.

Right off the bat, i can tell Knock Off is gonna be an insane move that has the potential to make a lot of mons crazy strong.Things like this come to mind:
:sm/darkrai:

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb

:sm/walking-wake:

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 9 HP / 247 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

:sm/iron-valiant:

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

:sm/serperior:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Substitute

I bet there are a lot more, but these are the ones that are the most crazy imo

Right off the bat, i can tell Knock Off is gonna be an insane move that has the potential to make a lot of mons crazy strong.Things like this come to mind:
:sm/darkrai:

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb

:sm/walking-wake:

Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 9 HP / 247 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

:sm/iron-valiant:

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

:sm/serperior:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Substitute

I bet there are a lot more, but these are the ones that are the most crazy imo
Probably want to run Close Combat on that IVal set, Focus Blast will be physical anyway and the Defense drops are less important than perfect accuracy.

SergioRules

||blimp||
I've finally had some time to sit down and really think about this meta, so here are some of my thoughts on my supposed "big ideas" and just some things I want to talk about!

:darkrai: Honestly, I see where people are concerned about this strong mon, NP+Knock Off is super threatening. However, it's severely limited in its movepool only having Dark, Psychic, and Ice as special coverage (I forgot it had Ice Beam when I mentioned Ting-Lu as a check). This means specially defensive Steels and Fairies can have a decent enough time against it as long as they can also pressure it enough offensively. That being said, it is still very strong and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it.
:hoopa-unbound::walking wake::iron valiant::iron jugulis::necrozma::manaphy:Several other Pokemon also benefit from a special Knock Off, whether or not they get STAB on it. Hoopa and Walking Wake are going to have tremendous breaking power anyway you cut it and Valiant's reasons for using just gets pushed to 11. Jugulis loves any sort of buff and even though it loses Flying STAB, it still keeps most of its coverage (why they didn't give it Nasty Plot I'll never know). Necrozma appreciates extra special coverage and getting rid of items especially since Psyshock will help it break through those pesky SpDef walls more easily, and Manaphy appreciates any help breaking through those mons.
:dragapult: Whether Specs or DD or even just mixed LO this seems like a big threat. Some neat changes like special Sucker Punch, physical Shadow Ball and Hex, and special Dragon Darts for something more spammable than Draco. I'm really interested in Wisp+Hex sets and Specs Dragon Darts.
:salamence::dragonite::gyarados: Just like in Category Swap Hurricane becomes a physical move, meaning that several Flying-types that don't have access to moves like Brave Bird get something useful. These three are notable and even though they lose their secondary STABs, they still have other decent coverage and/or utility.
:kyurem: This actually might be really busted with special Scale Shot+Icicle Spear. Tera Fire or Electric to round out coverage

:baxcalibur::calyrex-ice::chien-pao::kyurem-black: A whole bunch of Ice types from Ubers get freed, as losing their STABs is huge. Baxcalibur is very limited in coverage, only having Steel and Ground. Calyrex-Ice honestly still has some pretty overwhelming stats and great coverage but with its low Speed, reliance on Tera for STAB, and terrible defensive typing it might be manageable, though this will still be on my radar. Chien-Pao may be able to pull off some sort of Hex set with some support but otherwise only has Scared Sword. Kyub also has some decent tools that could warrant a look when this is playable.
:ogerpon-hearthflame::palafin::zekrom: More physical attackers that lose their STABs. Ogerpon turns into more of a support mon, fast Mold Breaker Spikes with U-turn/Taunt/Encore/Leech Seed/Synthesis as options. Palafin has some decent coverage with Boomburst+CC and some other options with Bulk Up+Encore but no real way to beat Ghosts. Zekrom loses both of its STABs but gains some coverage like Earth Power, Focus Blast, and Flash Cannon.
:urshifu::urshifu-rapid-strike: Both Urshifus lose their secondary STABs, priority moves, and notable coverage in the elemental punches. Even though a +2 CC that can't be protected against sounds threatening, their middling speed and lack of other coverage makes these mons seem worse than a lot of other Fighting-types.
:spectrier::ursaluna-bloodmoon: On the other side of the spectrum we have specially based Pokemon that lose their STABs. Spectrier can still use moves like Psychic and Dark Pulse and I'm sure Tera Fairy Draining Kiss will see some play but overall losing its STAB makes it seem like a better support mon with Taunt/Wisp/Pain Split than the offensive role it usually takes. Blood Moon loses just about everything good it has going for it, and even loses the practicality of its ability since Normal and Fighting are both physical. We could potentially see it using Calm Mind, Moonlight, the elemental punches, Moonblast, or Trailblaze but this loses so much it's likely not worth it. The best I could see is a defensive set with Body Press and support moves like Roar but even that is done better by other things.
:zacian: Another mon we'll definitely keep an eye on, as even with losing STAB, the automatic +1 is very threatening. The good news being that it now has no way to hit any Unaware Pokemon super-effectively (losing Wild Charge, Crunch, and Psychic Fangs). It still has the raw stats and coverage to hold its own but becomes much more manageable.

And lastly, I wanted to make two longer lists. One of current OU Pokemon that don't really lose anything and one of Pokemon that lose a lot, either one major STAB or both. Some of these might have other reason as well; for example, Volcarona loses its Bug STAB but gains special Wild Charge, which is much more useful for it as a Fire-type.
:alomomola::blissey::clefable::clodsire::corviknight::darkrai::deoxys-speed::dondozo::dragapult::garganacl::gliscor::great tusk::hatterene::heatran::iron treads::iron valiant::kyurem::landorus-therian::primarina::raging bolt::ribombee::samurott-hisui::serperior::skarmory::ting-lu::torkoal::volcarona::walking wake::zamazenta:

:enamorus::gholdengo::glimmora::gouging fire::iron moth::kingambit::meowscarada::ogerpon-wellspring::rillaboom::roaring moon::slowking-galar::weavile:

I'll likely further these lists and add them to the resources post at some point, but for now I'm just looking forward to trying this meta out!

Last edited:

SergioRules

||blimp||
Wow we got Leader's Choice for the month of May! I'm very excited to get more exposure into this metagame. For those getting into this for the first time, here are some teams you can use to get a feel for it!
:iron valiant::kyurem::gliscor::blissey::iron treads::hoopa-unbound: Mixed Val+Dice Kyurem
:dragapult::gliscor::torkoal::walking wake::hatterene::raging bolt: Hex Pult Sun
:torkoal::volcarona::walking wake::hatterene::darkrai::great tusk: Volc Sun

For this month I'm going to have several things on my radar, and for transparency's sake I'll list them here.
  • :darkrai::samurott-hisui::hoopa-unbound: Strong special Dark-types/Knock Off abusers
  • :torkoal::walking wake::volcarona: Sun
  • :gliscor::blissey::dondozo: Big Stall
  • :iron valiant: :dragapult: These guys
  • :zacian::palafin-hero::urshifu::calyrex-ice: The unbanned Ubers
  • :latios::kyurem: Scale Shot users with good coverage?
As you start to play this meta this coming month, let me know what you think about the mechanics, what you're using to find success, and what changes you'd like to see, if any. Good luck and enjoy Type Split! (art coming soon?)

Last edited:
[Art goes here]

What is this metagame?

Premise:
  • OU-based metagame.
Specific Mechanics:
Clauses:

Other Bans:
Strategies:

Watchlist:
Resources:
Playability: Now playable!

Council:
:bulbasaur:@competitiveZero
:slaking:@Lhions
So do the abilities Pixelate and Galvanize turn Normal moves into Special Attacks then? Because Fairy and Electric are all special in this format.

Wow we got Leader's Choice for the month of May! I'm very excited to get more exposure into this metagame. For those getting into this for the first time, here are some teams you can use to get a feel for it!
:iron valiant::kyurem::gliscor::blissey::iron treads::hoopa-unbound: Mixed Val+Dice Kyurem
:dragapult::gliscor::torkoal::walking wake::hatterene::raging bolt: Hex Pult Sun
:torkoal::volcarona::walking wake::hatterene::darkrai::great tusk: Volc Sun
FYI use Dragon Hammer instead of Dragon Pulse on Raging Bolt

It's got 5 more BP and more PP, so there's no downside to using it

Hey.
I've tested with meta and I had a probrem with the burn. The problem is : I've used a burn Valiant with Spirit Break, which supposed to be special if I've understood this meta well, and the power of my move was still divided by 2 when I was burn, even if this is supposed to be special. I was at +2 and according to the Calculator, I should have nearly OHKO the Alomomola but I've done only about 50% of his life. Is this expected or this is a bug ?

+2 4 SpA Quark Drive Iron Valiant Spirit Break vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Alomomola: 457-538 (85.5 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
But I've done only 49 %.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 6)