Type: Null, Silvally Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Type: Null
Normal
Abilities: Battle Armor / Battle Armor / Battle Armor
HP: 95
Atk: 95
Def: 95
SpAtk: 95
SpDef: 95
Spe: 59

Level Up

L5 - Rage
L10 - Pursuit
L15 - Imprison
L20 - Aerial Ace
L25 - Crush Claw
L30 - Scary Face
L35 - X-Scissor
L40 - Take Down
L45 - Metal Sound
L50 - Iron Head
L55 - Double Hit
L60 - Air Slash
L65 - Punishment
L70 - Razor Wind
L75 - Tri Attack
L80 - Double-Edge
L85 - Heal Block

TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Flame Charge
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Round
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Silvally
Normal
Abilities: RKS System / RKS System / RKS System
HP: 95
Atk: 95
Def: 95
SpAtk: 95
SpDef: 95
Spe: 95

Level Up

L0 - Multi-Attack
L1 - Multi-Attack
L1 - Heal Block
L1 - Imprison
L1 - Iron Head
L1 - Poison Fang
L1 - Fire Fang
L1 - Ice Fang
L1 - Thunder Fang
L1 - Tackle
L5 - Rage
L10 - Pursuit
L15 - Bite
L20 - Aerial Ace
L25 - Crush Claw
L30 - Scary Face
L35 - X-Scissor
L40 - Take Down
L45 - Metal Sound
L50 - Crunch
L55 - Double Hit
L60 - Air Slash
L65 - Punishment
L70 - Razor Wind
L75 - Tri Attack
L80 - Double-Edge
L85 - Parting Shot
TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Flame Charge
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Round
TM51 - Steel Wing
TM64 - Explosion
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM94 - Surf
TM95 - Snarl
TM100 - Confide

Tutor

Draco Meteor

New Ability

RKS System: Changes the Pokémon’s type to match the memory disc it holds.

New Move:

Multi-Attack: Cloaking itself in high energy. the user slams into the target. The memory held determines the move's type. 100% accuracy [Normal] 90 BP, Physical.

Last edited:
No recovery, no Priority, no speed boosting moves and weaker offenses than the mythicals without any of their gimmicks - can't see this making an impact out of pivoting around a bit with a strong (eg Fairy ) STAB.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
This certainly won't be a defensive behemoth or anything, but workable stats and a really good movepool mean this could be a very good mon; Parting Shot is a phenomenal pivoting move and I'm excited something with good speed gets this, so Silvally should be fun as hell, even if it ends up being underwhelming.

It's an odd choice for 95 all, but I guess they didn't want to completely make it 'better' than something like Mew/Shaymin. Kinda underwhelming though, even the unpredictability of this mon isn't going to help the mediocrity of the stats.

Also remember eviolite gives 1.2x boost this gen. Not as insane, I'm pretty sure that's only like 130 effective defense.

It's an odd choice for 95 all, but I guess they didn't want to completely make it 'better' than something like Mew/Shaymin. Kinda underwhelming though, even the unpredictability of this mon isn't going to help the mediocrity of the stats.

Also remember eviolite gives 1.2x boost this gen. Not as insane, I'm pretty sure that's only like 130 effective defense.
Oh snap, is that Eviolite change confirmed? Huge nerf to Chansey and Porygon 2.

Parting Shot is extremely exciting. That, and the myriad other tools available to it, will hopefully make Silvally (and maybe Type:Null if Eviolite works well with it) a strong pivot. It can phase, spread status, lure with it's huge coverage, trap with Pursuit... 95 all stats isn't as good as I was hoping, but should still be serviceable for it's purpose.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
It's... really underwhelming, actually. It's not all that flexible despite having multitype due to its poor movepool, and its stats really aren't up to par for the OU meta. It has a decent learnset but it doesn't exactly learn anything fantastic. It's not a bulky or fast set-up sweeper, it doesn't have real priority, and at best it might be a usable Pivot, and in that role it's absolutely outclassed by Lando-T.

After the hype wears off, I really don't see Silvally sticking around in OU. It'll probly drop to UU where it may or may not be too strong, hard to say.

My soul was immediately crushed when I saw its base stats are all 95. I was expecting something better than that, how is it supposed to defend us from threats with stats like those? Although, Type:Null could see some use thanks to 95/95/95 bulk with Eviolite access.

TURBODERP
yeah but relatively irrelevant to stall overall since they'll just run Blissey. I'm a bit saddened about the nerf overall because I did like p2 as an off-tempo defensive mon around suspect tests and don't really see it as necessary, but this is GF we're dealing with, who has proven time and time again that even though most of their sales come from older players that play competitively, balancing for it would be too hard.

I think Silvally's best chance in OU is pairing off with a Tapu and covering their weakness while using the movepool to benefit from attack boosts. It DOES get muli-attack, which will be a useful stab. I think Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini have decent benefits to be had from a Dark/Electric Silvally respectively, who'd also appreciate no mach punch in the first and halved dragon damage/no status in the second (physical sets ftw).

Wait so that 59 speed wasn't a typo?! Here I thought it was a mistake since you know, 59 vs 95.

Oh Gamefreak, you so silly.

It's... really underwhelming, actually. It's not all that flexible despite having multitype due to its poor movepool, and its stats really aren't up to par for the OU meta. It has a decent learnset but it doesn't exactly learn anything fantastic. It's not a bulky or fast set-up sweeper, it doesn't have real priority, and at best it might be a usable Pivot, and in that role it's absolutely outclassed by Lando-T.

After the hype wears off, I really don't see Silvally sticking around in OU. It'll probly drop to UU where it may or may not be too strong, hard to say.
It does learn Thunder Wave(nerfed but still worthwhile), Parting Shot, and Pursuit. It also has enough strong coverage to run a lure set for whatever you want to coax out. It isn't as physically bulky or as damaging as Lando-T, but I think it could do a better job of fucking with the enemy and acting as a multitool.

One of my favorite new pokemon this generation. Very well rounded stats very good for a non-legendary that doesnt have a crippling ability. A BST of 570 is nothing to scoff at plus is can be any type and has it own mini judgement. It also gets parting shot and I could see Type Null being a defensive pivot with porygon 2 defenses. Very cool pokemon.

While talking about Eviolite Type:Null, I think a Calm Mind set is worth mentioning, since Battle Armor prevents it from being crit. It has pretty bad one-move coverage though, so the main selling point is the bulk to set up on a variety of things.

EDIT: No Calm Mind, ignore me.

As for Silvally, experimentation will need to be done to find out what it's niche is. I imagine it will involve Parting Shot.

Last edited:
Hm, don't like these unspecialized all-around-xxx stats, they tend to simply fail at doing things. I guess Silvally's best shot at OU might be Parting Shot (ha.), though it still has the type changing on its side.

However, Eviolite Type Null might actually be interesting. Still no OU material imo, but great defenses to actually set up.

I'm not surprised at Silvally's stats as I was expecting 90 or 95 base stats all around for a weaker, non legendary Arceus clone. It's movepool is a bit disappointing though, particularly the no recovery part, and I was hoping Multi-Attack would have 100 BP but 90 BP isn't too bad. Maybe it'll become more Arceus-like in the Gen IV remakes

Last time I checked, the eviolite nerd was not confirmed. But type:null has such a small move pool compared to sylvally that it does not have many options it can run

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
The Eviolite nerf is Not confirmed yet which makes Type: Null sound viable. Right? Lets compare it to its closest competition.

These are Type: Null's stats to Porygon 2's Stats:

95/95/95/95/95/59 vs 85/80/90/105/95/60

So, Type: Null is better? Err, no...
Porygon 2 has one move that makes it way better than Type: Null, Recover.

The Eviolite nerf is Not confirmed yet which makes Type: Null sound viable. Right? Lets compare it to its closest competition.

These are Type: Null's stats to Porygon 2's Stats:

95/95/95/95/95/59 vs 85/80/90/105/95/60

So, Type: Null is better? Err, no...
Porygon 2 has one move that makes it way better than Type: Null, Recover.
can we just admire that type null is exactly one point slower than porygon 2

Weak movepool, but it'd be nice to fuck around with at least.

Still though, please have the disc that change Silvally's type be its own item. Multi Attack would be so fucking good in Hackmons if that were the case. Free coverage for physical attackers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)