trying to get back into pokemon again..please help

I haven't played pokemon in awhile so I'm getting back into the thick of things.. Here goes..

Nidoking@focus sash
Poison point
Timid
Ev: 252 sp.att , 252 speed , 4hp

Earth power
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Stealth rock

Ok so he is my lead. Set up rocks . The sash provides me with that. Then switch him out. A great stall breaker. Thunderbolt takes care of any water stalling pokemon. Earth power provides the coverage along with stab and ice beam is for general cover agianst dragons or bulky grass,although dragon types are faster than him..

Heracross@choice scarf
Guts
Jolly
Ev: 216 attack,248 speed,40 hp, 4 sp.def

Megahorn
Close combat
Stone edge
Nightslash/EQ

Ok so this is my physical attacker. The ev spread is given to push up attack and speed.. I think the speed stat makes it to 350 plus not to sure to be exact.. And there's a little in hp for some extra bulk..regarding the moveset, its pretty standard. Megahorn and CC provide stab . CC for chansey or blissey.. Maybe skarmory too..stone edge is in to go up against and flying types.. Even against gyarados or dragonite.. Nightslash is in for any pyschics.. Since I've got nothing else super effective on team.. But EQ also makes for an interesting move as well.

Pidgeot@Choice band
Tangled feet
Adamant
Ev: 252 att, 252 speed,4 def

Brave bird
U-turn
Reurn/tailwind
Quick attack/pursuit

Ok this Is my scouter or revenge killer wana be. Yeah I know this bird useless but wotever. Evs try to give it a change of hitting hard lol. Brave bird is his stab. U turn is in for scouting..
Return provides stab and stab too.. Tailwind is an odd one.. But keep it in mind when looking through my entire team. Quick attack to try and finish off something or pursuit for anyone trying to switch..

Typhlosion@choice scarf
Blaze
Timid
Ev: 252 sp.att, 224 speed, 32 hp

Eruption
Focus blast
Flamethrower
Hp Grass

Ok this is my special spweeper. Max sp att evs to crank up its power and since its scarfed I shipped some evs from speed into hp just to ghive it some bulk to compensate for its stealth rock weakness. Eruption is in cause hey max power eruption who wouldn't? Lol. Focus blast for any rock or ground pokemon that may be about.flamethrower is my consistent stab.but my last slot I'm worried about.. I've got no idea how to get the right hidden power on my pokemon.. I've never had to breed for a specicfic hidden power before and don't kow how.. So yeah epic fail. Overall on paper he provides some speedy powerful attacks..

Meganium@leftovers
Overgrow
Bold
Ev: 252 hp, 252 def,4 speed

Toxic
Energyball
Light screen
Synthesis/leech seed

Ok so here's my support my poor meganium.max hp evs to get the full amount of leftovers and max def so hopefully he can wall something lol XD. Toxic is to cripple any switch ins and hopefully force swith outs. Energyball for some kind of stab attack.light screen cause my team badly needs it!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm leaning toward synthesis because it offers meganium to maybe atleast put it another screen or toxic or something. With leech seed , yes it will force more switch outs and support my team but the amount I'll regain won't help this green dinosaur sigh..

Feraligatr@leftovers/lifeorb
Jolly/adamant
Torrent
Ev: 56 hp, 252 attack, 200 speed

Sword dance/ dragon dance
Waterfall/ aquajet
EQ
Ice punch

Ok my set up sweeper . I've been having a headache with gatr. If I go sword dance I go with aquajet.if dragon dance then I'll go with waterfall. The evs in attack give him a good attack stat. A little in hp cause he has some nice bulk and it can help to get an extra boost in and speed ofcourse to take to 250 I think.Anyways ice punch is in there for any dragons coming in or for stuff like sceptile or venasaur.earthquake would be in cause of any steel types hanging around or wotever. EQ is EQ lol..coverage in other words lol.. I'm really struggling to decide. I just want something that's consistent for competitive battling..

Hope my analysis is alright.. Please help a noob haha thanks in advance

Hey there. I'm not going to do a proper rate here, because (in my opinion at least) the team would take way too many changes to be really competitively viable. I'd recommend reading through some late 4th gen teams in the RMT archive and also battling and testing more standard sets out on PokemonOnline to see what works, what you like etc.

Sorry not to be more help, good luck :)

Hey there. I'm not going to do a proper rate here, because (in my opinion at least) the team would take way too many changes to be really competitively viable. I'd recommend reading through some late 4th gen teams in the RMT archive and also battling and testing more standard sets out on PokemonOnline to see what works, what you like etc.

Sorry not to be more help, good luck :)
Hi Cloud. I second everything Bubbly said. Using the three Johto starters may seem like fun, but none of them are all that viable in the standard metagame. If you're trying to get back into the swing of things, try building a team around the pokemon you find here. The fifty-ish pokemon you find here are generally viewed as the best pokemon to use in Gen IV OU. Once you get the hang of things, feel free to experiment with some less popular ones.

Good luck!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can't see this team working. Pidgeot is one of the worst Pokemon in the game. I agree with 2sly4u that you should try to build a team around some OU Pokemon. They are the easiest Pokemon to throw on a team, as shown by the fact that they are OU. Once you get the hang of it, you can see if you can manage to throw in some BLs/UUs. However, as it stands this team requires too many changes to be competitively viable, and this thread could get locked. Keep that in mind for the future.

Good luck in your future endeavors in the competitive world of Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)