Trubbish

(Editor's note: Most of the old analysis was unsalvageable, so I decided to write up a new one using my predecessor's work as a guideline. Unfortunately, due to illness, I haven't been able to finish this revamp, and must leave some of the work unfinished at the moment of posting. With all of that being said, I will continue to update this thread diligently as I have time.)

[OVERVIEW]

Although the LC metagame is unkind to Trubbish, it occupies a small niche due to its ability Sticky Hold and good bulk and defensive typing. These traits allow Trubbish to support its team multiple times throughout the match by setting up Spikes and help it counter popular Fighting-type Pokemon, Fairy-type Pokemon, and Knock Off users such as Mienfoo, Timburr, Spritzee, and Pawniard. However, Trubbish is reliant on Berry Juice for means to recover its lost hit points, which means it is unable to utilize Eviolite and is therefore frailer than most other utility Pokemon. Trubbish's Poison-type, although useful for countering prominent threats in the metagame, renders it vulnerable to Ground-type attacks, making it susceptible to common trappers such as Diglett.

[SET]
name: Spikes
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Recycle
move 3: Gunk Shot
move 4: Drain Punch
item: Berry Juice
ability: Sticky Hold
nature: Jolly
evs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves

========

Spikes allows Trubbish to support its team, providing chip damage useful in wearing down the opposing team. It also helps Trubbish capitalize on the switches it forces when it is successfully brought in against Pokemon which it counters, such as Mienfoo and Pawniard. Recycle lets Trubbish regain its item after it has been expended, allowing Trubbish to stay healthy so that it may perform its required tasks multiple times throughout the course of the battle. Gunk Shot is a strong STAB attack which . Drain Punch provides valuable coverage, allowing Trubbish to damage Steel-types super-effectively, and gives Trubbish an additional way to recover its lost hit points.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ghost-type Pokemon**: Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Gastly and Honedge, resist or are immune to Trubbish's damaging attacks, and can deal significant amounts of damage to Trubbish or use Trubbish as set-up bait.

**Ground-type Pokemon**: Ground-type Pokemon resist Trubbish's STAB attacks and take little damage from its coverage. Offensive Ground-types such as Drilbur, Onix, and Diglett are faster than Trubbish and can KO it with their strong STAB attacks. Drilbur is also capable of using Rapid Spin, nullifying the hazards which Trubbish sets. Defensive Ground-types such as Mudbray and Hippopotas shrug off Trubbish's attacks and are able to heal the damage which Trubbish inflicts on them, and threaten Trubbish with powerful Ground-type attacks. Many Ground-types are capable of using Stealth Rock, which gradually wears down Trubbish and therefore hampers its effectiveness as a defensive utility Pokemon.

**Poison-type Pokemon** Poison-type Pokemon such as Croagunk and Skrelp resist Trubbish's attacking options, and are able to freely set up stat boosts and/or hazards.

**Psychic-type Pokemon**: Psychic-type Pokemon such as Abra and Slowpoke are able to threaten Trubbish with their STAB attacks. Abra, while it prefers not to switch into even resisted attacks, is able to outspeed Trubbish and threaten to KO it. Abra is not bothered by Spikes, and can switch in on a predicted support move from Trubbish to force it out. Slowpoke's substantial bulk allows it to switch into all of Trubbish's options, and it can force Trubbish out of the field with its STAB attacks or cripple Trubbish with a dehabilitating status condition.

**Hazard Removal**: Pokemon which are capable of removing entry hazards, such as Staryu and Drilbur, counter Trubbish indirectly by clearing the hazards it sets and therefore nullifying the pressure which Trubbish provides against grounded Pokemon.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
S0L1D G0LD I understand if you haven't been well and hope you get better soon, just want to know whether you're still interested in writing this analysis

I am no longer ill, thank you for your concern. I would still like to finish this analysis, and I can get back to work on Saturday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)