Battle Spot Trickroom Abomasnow

Introduction
This was the team I used for VGC 15 on smogon and was wondering if it was good enough to start using in game. It's a pretty standard trick room Abomasnow team with a few differences.

Team

Abomasnow (F) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain

Overview - the main sweeper of the team meant to come in after TR is set up. Blizzard is it's main source of damage only struggling against wide guard users. Ice shard is very useful if trick room runs out at a bad time and for getting past wide guard. I prefer giga drain over wood hammer because I prefer keeping him up as long as possible. Same reason for having protect.
Other options - wood hammer over giga drain. If my team is really bad switch the mega stone for a life orb.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Water Spout
- Will-O-Wisp

Overview - Jellicent has great synergy with Abomasnow. This is because it can deal with fire types, is immune to fake out, and has a great ability. Recover helps with its ability to set up more TRs and deal more damage with water spout. Will-O-Wisp helps deal with strong fighting types.
Other options - Scald over water spout but I already have Will-O-Wisp

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Atk / 92 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Overview - Scrafty is a great for fake out support. This is because it can deal with steel types such as Heatran and dark types. Knock off helps deal with ghost types that a lot of my team struggles with.
Other options - Hariyama basically fills the same roll but with less bulk.

Gallade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 180 Def
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick Room

Overview - Gallade is my secondary TR setter. Close Combat also helps deal with the steel types that wall Abomasnow. Wide guard deals with moves like heat wave and rock slide which threaten the team. Zen Headbutt deals with fighting types.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Overview - Heatran is mainly used to deal with every other threat to my team. Other heatrans threaten my team a lot so I have earth power. Heat wave deals with Ferrothorn and to a lesser degree amoonguss. Ancient Power is the only move I have that can deal with a Talonflame.
Other options - Landorus or Rhyperior might be better in this slot but I lose my check to fairies.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Destiny Bond
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball

Overview - This is my unique set but I still feel its very helpful. Under TR Aegislash is incredibly fast and can deal insane damage. Flash cannon is all I have to deal with fairies such as Sylveon and shadow ball deals great stab damage. Destiny Bond can get some surprise kills with its TR speed. And wide guard is just as helpful as it is on Gallade.

Conclusion
This was probably my most used team and I need practice with team building so Give me your suggestions.​

So if it's sash why not max atk on Gallade? Also I don't think it should have TR and WG, since it won't be around too long without redirection or screens, so it'll often only manage to make use of tr, and you have Aegi for WG support. Destiny Bond could be nice instead, works nice with sash and all.

Heatran you're missing some evs. 248 HP also gives the same stat as 244 assuming an odd HP IV, so you'd want to drop that a bit or max it out unless yours is an even HP IV.

Last thing I think is you don't really need three Protects, since even tho it's good you wanna make the most of your tr turns. Might be wrong tho.

So if it's sash why not max atk on Gallade? Also I don't think it should have TR and WG, since it won't be around too long without redirection or screens, so it'll often only manage to make use of tr, and you have Aegi for WG support. Destiny Bond could be nice instead, works nice with sash and all.
Just to start the team is definitely a bit too bulky.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/gallade/battle_spot_doubles/
I stole the set from there if you want to know why. I'm not on my computer but I only really wanted enough attack to one shot a Heatran and I only had the sash to survive a Talonflame. A dumb set but it worked at the time but that set looks much better.

The heatran must have just been an error when I put it in showdown.

Scrafty used to have head smash which would help a lot against Talonflame and Charzard but I thought it was gimmiky. It also used to have poison jab but it never stands a chance against a fairy in the first place.

Thanks for helping me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)