Pokémon Togedemaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unoriginal Pika-Clone

Togedemaru

Electric/Steel
Stats: 65, 98, 63, 40, 73, 96

Iron Barbs: If physical contact is made on this Pokémon, the opponent will receive damage equal to 1/8th of its maximum HP.
Lightningrod: Electric-type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Electric-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's SP ATK is raised one stage. If the Pokémon is Ground-type, moves are drawn to it, but it gets no boost.
Sturdy: The Pokémon will remain with 1 HP if it was going to be knocked out by a move when at full Hit Points, and it is immune to One Hit KO moves.

Level Up

L1 - Tackle
L1 - Thunder Shock
L5 - Defense Curl
L9 - Rollout
L13 - Charge
L17 - Spark
L21 - Nuzzle
L25 - Magnet Rise
L29 - Discharge
L33 - Zing Zap
L37 - Electric Terrain
L41 - Wild Charge
L45 - Pin Missile
L49 - Spiky Shield
L53 - Fell Stinger

TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM56 - Fling
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM72 - Volt Switch
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM93 - Wild Charge
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Reversal
Egg - Present
Egg - Encore
Egg - Twineedle
Egg - Wish
Egg - Fake Out
Egg - Tickle
Egg - Flail
Egg - Disarming Voice

At first glance its just a slower-than-usual, vulnerable Pikachu clone and yeah, it kinda is. However, besides being the only physically offensive Electric/Steel type it also has a fairly versatile moveset. Most notably, it is a user of the previously bug-exclusive (Drapion lmao) Fell Stinger which turns a very mediocre damage dealer into a real threat.

Besides its crippling 4x weakness to Ground, it has a great defensive typing with 10 resistances, 2 of which are 4x resists, compared to 3 weaknesses. Another annoying gripe is that its speed doesn't quite meet OU's standards of the juicy 100 though it has some 100+ Speed 'mons if it has a Jolly nature since its so close to 100.

-------------------

Spicy Stinger
Togedemaru @ Life Orb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Zing Zap
- Grass Knot/Poison Jab
- Fake Out

This is the gimmicky set which I've been utilising in OU to a pretty good degree of success. Effectively its a far inferior alternative to Pheromosa in that I will send Togedemaru out to finish off an opponent using Fell Stinger, even going out of the way to ensure that it gets low enough without dying that a non-STAB 50BP move can take it out. Fake Out seems counter-intuitive in that often it will deal less dmg than is taken from Life Orb as recoil but its utility comes from whittling down an already-low target in order to finish it with a Fell Stinger. With 250% of its original Atk stat its usually able to get some juicy KOs.

-------------------

Very much enjoyable and rewarding to use, Togedemaru provides a very weird niche with its immediate triple-Moxie but in the end won't ever be viable in OU with an offensive set like I use. It has decent support capabilities in its moveset and Lightningrod is always good but in this aspect it will probably be outclassed by other Pika-clones, even in Doubles, such as Raichu, Emolga and Dedenne. When people stop getting caught out by Fell Stinger, it will become even less useful as they can switch without much threat. Curious to see what people will do with such an odd Pokémon.

Sturdy will give it a niche in Lower Tiers as a fast E-Terrain Setter, altough even then it will likely be outclassed by the original Chu's most of the time.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Obviously it's not ou material, though it gets it's own signature move "zing zap". I don't know even with that great typing it's difficult to see it working any higher than NU/PU. It's pretty adorable though.

Togedemaru @ Terrain Extender
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Nuzzle
- Zing Zap
- U-Turn

I've been testing this set and found that it works pretty well. Use Togedemaru as a lead and pretty much guarantee an extended Electric Terrain thanks to Sturdy. Nuzzle and Zing Zap are for paraflinching, and U-Turn is for pivoting so you can switch back in and re-set up Electric Terrain when necessary. Of course, this set is completely outclassed by the likes of Tapu Koko in OU, but I think Togedemaru is the best out of all the electric rodents thanks to Zing Zap giving him a paraflinching niche.

Togedemaru @ Terrain Extender
Jolly Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Nuzzle
- Zing Zap
- U-Turn
I've been using a modified version of this set and really like this little guy! I swapped Electric Terrain for Magnet Rise to be able to dodge the Ground attacks that really threaten him. I'm also using Iron Barbs with Rocky Helmet so that any physical attacks getting through your para-flinch assault are punished with a lot of recoil damage.

I really like U-Turning into the new Alolan Marowak when threatened, as after using Magnet Rise your only weaknesses are Fire and Fighting, which barely tickle A-Marowak.

It still makes me cry on how this thing lacks a secondary STAB, if you're going to say "Gyro Ball?" then you need to look again at its base speed.

Considering it is 90% head you would think it would be viable to give it Iron head. Really dropped the ball there GF.

Back on topic, it's weaker all around Magnezone with the exception of speed. Hell even Evolite Magneton is superior. I don't much see the use in using sturdy on this guy since you'd be better off doing so running the prior with sturdy. I feel like there is some potential with Iron Barbs and some of the unique moves it gets but I'm kind of at a loss. It would be nice if he got parabolic charge, then he could be a really annoying wall that can just deal passive damage with ironbarb and rocky helmet then just heal up.

It still makes me cry on how this thing lacks a secondary STAB, if you're going to say "Gyro Ball?" then you need to look again at its base speed.
Z-Gyro Ball becomes 160 BP Corkscrew Crash, so that's at least an option for this thing in the lower tiers. Not a great option, but it's there.

Z-Gyro Ball becomes 160 BP Corkscrew Crash, so that's at least an option for this thing in the lower tiers. Not a great option, but it's there.
I don't think that Corkscrew Crash with Togedemaru is a good option, even in the lower tiers, it's better to use the only z-move you have per battle with other mon that really can make good use of it.

not even sure why this mouse doesn't even get smart strike. You could count those spikes as horns.

I mainly see this mouse being very annoying with Iron Barbs and Rocky helmet combo. Though Fell stinger is a very interesting move on it. Would need to play around with it

Togedemaru @ Air balloon
Ability: Sturdy/iron barbs
Jolly Nature
- Spiky shield
-Magnet Rise
- Zing Zap
- U-Turn/grass knot
I use this, it isn't that great, but the main thing is that magnet rise, then maybe grass knot to damage it or u turn to get out of there.

This thing gets Wish through breeding so I plugged in some calcs as a specially defensive Togedemaru. It's surprisingly bulky, and can easily take on common Tapu Koko, Lele and Celesteela sets.

Togedemaru@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy/Lightning Rod
Careful Nature
-Wish
-Spiky Shield
-Zing Zap
-U-turn/Toxic

Electric/Steel is weak to 3 common types, but has TONS of resistances. Pelipper covers its weaknesses while it can cover Pelipper's, so I think they make a good pair.

This thing gets Wish through breeding so I plugged in some calcs as a specially defensive Togedemaru. It's surprisingly bulky, and can easily take on common Tapu Koko, Lele and Celesteela sets.

Togedemaru@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy/Lightning Rod
Careful Nature
-Wish
-Spiky Shield
-Zing Zap
-U-turn/Toxic

Electric/Steel is weak to 3 common types, but has TONS of resistances. Pelipper covers its weaknesses while it can cover Pelipper's, so I think they make a good pair.
I like the idea of Wish/Spiky Shield and particularly Wish/U-turn, but honestly, wish-passing when you have a 65 base HP stat is just not going to be effective.

Togedemaru @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 50
EVs: 140 HP / 180 Atk / 132 Def / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Zing Zap
- Nuzzle / U-Turn
- Poison Jab

I play Togedemaru like this, it's a bulky blacksmith that can easily 2HKO a 252HP 252Def Tapu Fini with Zing Zap, poison jab is for fairy, U-turn to switch out when earthquakers/fire tipes comes in and fake out is always fine XD

It needs some adjustments with the ev's, this is only a "Prototype" XD

Last edited:
While not great it can annoy the opponent to no end as it has no problems switching in in this meta where the Tapus are pretty much in every team. Lightning Rod gives it a nice immunity and it learns Encore, Nuzzle (100% chance to cause Paralysis that can`t be affected by Taunt and breaks Sash? Yes, please) and Fake Out. You can use it as a way to esentially annoy your opponents, spread Paralysis and practically make any Tapu Koko want to rip their hair.

Btw, it also renders Toxapex practically useless. So if you need a mon that can come in on most of the Tapus, scare Toxapex and suppor it`s team then Togedemaru is there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)