Tournament TLT: Tours' Leaderboard Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and congratulations to each and every player who qualified!

I want to take this chance to say a few things, this isn't a rant and I don't mean to call anyone out, please bear with me (scroll to the bottom for a tl;dr). I've been playing in the tournaments room for about half a year now. Even though that might be very little time compared to a lot of people who have been here for years, I've been in the room pretty much daily since the very first day I clicked on it so I've gotten to know the players community and a some of you pretty well. Overall it has been an amazing experience and I have met plenty of cool people and even made a few friends.

But anyway, the reason why I'm writing all of this is because I'm very discouraged from even using Pokemon Showdown! and I would like to drop out from TLT. For many weeks up until now every single day I come online I've gotten hateful messages (both public and private) from multiple users whom I don't know and whom I have no idea what I did to them (if anything). With one incident even ending in me having to get a Global Moderator involved and that person getting locked from talking because it turned into harassment towards me. In all honesty, this is uncalled for.

I come online on Pokemon Showdown! wanting to have a good time after dealing with a lot of difficult situations I have to be strong for in real life. And to have my ONE outing to all the problems I barely get through everyday ruined by people I have and did nothing against is just not fair, and I'm done keeping quiet about it. As a player, a weak person would have quit ages ago. But I'm not like that, I like to help people out and if no one is doing anything to help me deal with this then I will make it stop on my own.

Situations like this are the reason why new players don't feel welcomed and very often do not keep up with new games they get into. No, is not because they "suck" and are bad at the games they just got into, it is because of how experienced players treat them. Everyone is bad when they're new in ANYTHING in life. That is no reason to be rude and spam someone each time they log in. I have seen it happening to other people in many different games (YuGiOh!, Maplestory, Super Smash Bros., etc. etc.) but I never thought it would ever happen to me, and specially on a Pokemon simulator I've always been looking forward to use. Yes, I'm just a nobody who just started playing Pokemon competitively, who doesn't belong to a team and who still has lots to learn. But that is no reason why dozens of people should be saying stuff like "no one likes you", "get over yourself", "get a life", "insert cursing word", etc. etc. to me on a daily basis. If it was just a couple people I would not mind it, it is not too hard to not talk back. But to have groups of lots of players try to ruin your day to the point where I have to block PM's and challenges is just too much. I have tried ignoring the problem and specific people like anyone would, but now it is starting to affect me in the sense that I don't get to talk with my friends on Showdown! because of the need of keeping PM's blocked to not get into any more problems, and I cannot let this continue.

So instead of taking things personally, making a big deal about it and getting into pointless drama, I rather write this huge wall of text and talk about it now and END this issue here and more importantly step back from the whole situation (and TLT) and let someone else who will have fun competing take my spot. Because that's what is important for me, having fun playing Pokemon. And if that has been ruined for me I rather at least give someone else the chance to play in a big tournament like this.

Even though I can commit and spare the time and effort to participate and possibly get far into the tournament, I have been asking myself: What would be the fun in it? When the tournament was first announced (and until lately) I was very excited to participate. I'm very competitive and Pokemon is perhaps the game I enjoy the most. But now that TLT is about to get on its way I feel that I would be playing to try to prove something, when there's nothing I need to prove to anyone. People forget that, after all, is just a game. Everyone should leave their problems aside, keep any drama to themselves and just enjoy the amazing game Pokemon is.

So thank you very much for the opportunity (and for reading all of this to all of you who did it) but it will be much better for me and for everyone if someone else takes my spot.

TLDR I'm not participating in TLT and have my reasons not to, please give my spot to another player.

Happy TLT everyone!

Last edited:
"Even though I can commit and spare the time and effort to participate and possibly get far into the tournament"

Then stop the talking and start doing. Thats the best and only way to shut down your "haters". Me personally, I would want you to stay because I was curious how you would perform against some actual good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)