Tournament TLT: Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
free from usum complaints addition
Welcome to the fourth week of TLT! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU

In order to fairly determine the three of these seven tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both eliminate two tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order once more. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Eyan is a one seed, while Natalie is a sixteen seed. Natalie, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. Eyan follows with RU. Natalie then eliminates Doubles OU, and Eyan eliminates LC. Of the three tiers remaining, Eyan, the higher seed, chooses to play NU first. Eyan then loses game one, and chooses to play OU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship
: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for three days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round Four Winners Bracket Matchups
London13 vs FMG
bdov vs peachycl0uds
Xiri vs MJ
TheFranklin vs Elyna
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman
parivard vs The Cheesen One
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038
Jrdn vs SANJAY
Round Four Losers Bracket Matchups
Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870
t0te vs leo05051998
Hamhamhamham vs Plas
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia
blinkboy vs MiyoKa
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke
As always, the higher seed is on the left side of the matchups.

As of Round Four & onward, USUM is legal to be played as the metagame for a set instead of SM if both players agree to it.
The deadline for this round is December 3rd, 11:59pm (GMT -5)

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
As the OP above states, USUM is legal if both players agree to use that instead of SM. The tournament is still an SM tournament, but I've received messages from multiple people requesting we change to USUM. While this won't happen, this change seems like a fair compromise. Also, there will be no switching between metas during a set. For example, there will be no set where they agree to play USUM RU but then SM UU, it's either one or the other. If you plan to play USUM please make it very clear, the last thing i want to hear about is confusion going on and someone bringing a team for the wrong metagame. Lastly, please do not pressure people into playing USUM if they don't want to, I don't want to see any of this happening.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Back for predicts bc I'm bored and notifs would be nice;

London13 vs FMG - Should be a decent series depending on what they pick, gonna back FMG though it isn't going to be one-sided.
bdov vs peachycl0uds - I assumed she would be in Losers by now.
Xiri vs MJ - I don't know much about Xiri but everything I hear is good, will back a draw leaning MJ just bc I know who he is.
TheFranklin vs Elyna - Again don't know much about TheFranklin bc I am out of touch with this room, will back Elyna in this one.
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman - Did somebody say highlight match? Could go either way but SMB is god so I'll back him here.
parivard vs The Cheesen One - I don't know enough about either's form so will stay neutral.
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038 - Also another close matchup, many will probably go Goon but I'm feeling a BB win here.
Jrdn vs SANJAY - I still think he's the strongest player in the tour so I doubt I will vote against him all tour.

Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870 - Stick to Jurassic Park.
t0te vs leo05051998 - Purely a gut instinct.
Hamhamhamham vs Plas - One highlight in a decent Losers Bracket round, I reckon Ham edges.
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano - This is happening whilst I'm typing but I can't call it, idk what score is.
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia - They are both solid players.
blinkboy vs MiyoKa - Miyoka will get haxed and then flame thread.
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur - PCD is still my dark horse to win TLT I.
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke - No comment.

Buena suerte divertirse a la mayoria

lost in two fun ones, gl too luthier and all others still left

London13 vs FMG - should be onesided
bdov vs peachycl0uds - dunno but both are still in winners so im hopin for a good series
Xiri vs MJ - pretty strong player imo
TheFranklin vs Elyna - has played pretty well until now
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman - HIGHLIGHT
parivard vs The Cheesen One - should be a good series
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038 -
Jrdn vs SANJAY - should be a close one but i think jrdn got this

Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870
t0te vs leo05051998 - both defeated players i considered stronger then them last round so hopin for a good series
Hamhamhamham vs Plas - another highlight. rooting for my boy plas to take this
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano - ggs man well played. was fun and gl next round
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia - both looked solid
blinkboy vs MiyoKa - better player imo but pokemon is pokemon so everything can happen
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur - another close one with two solid players
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke - ...... i dont think i need to comment this

was fun playing in this and thx too nat for hosting this so smoothly

London13 vs FMG - both are good, but i believe FMG has the edge
bdov vs peachycl0uds - rooting for memes
Xiri vs MJ - idk much about xiri but ik mj is good
TheFranklin vs Elyna - hope its a fun match
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman - definitely believe esm has the edge, but this is the highlight match
parivard vs The Cheesen One - cheesen is a close friend so rooting for him
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038 - also another close friend, should take this one
Jrdn vs SANJAY - already played, great matches

Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870 - don't know much about either but ik rayquaza has been around for a while
t0te vs leo05051998 - I've played against tote in many tournaments and he is pretty good
Hamhamhamham vs Plas - the highlight of losers imo
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano - already played, great games
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia - I've played against kara quite a bit and i got beat quite a bit
blinkboy vs MiyoKa - pretty sure miyoka should have this one
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur - has performed well in all games
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke - although i love youmu, he plays with stall a lot, and i don't like stall

please don't get mad at me for my predictions
yes, if it wasn't evident enough, I'm not good at explaining my predictions
hope everyone in the tournament has fun, I've had fun so far, thanks Nat!

Predictions Time!
London13 vs FMG - I like both players but FMG will take this
bdov vs peachycl0uds - bdov has been fire this tour and will take r4 but peachycl0uds will give a good fight
Xiri vs MJ - MJ is overall more versatile but can go either way
TheFranklin vs Elyna - TheFranklin has surprised me soo far and I believe he will continue a good run but Elyna is no pushover so can go either way.
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman - Sorry ESM but SMB is probably my top 3 favourites to win TLT
parivard vs The Cheesen One - The Cheesen One is a good player but parivard will take this one
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038 - Gonna be a close game but I think Overdragoon will have the edge for this matchup
Jrdn vs SANJAY - Already Happened
Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870 - Tough one to call but I'll give this one to lightnining
t0te vs leo05051998 - Another close fight but gonna give it to King Leo V to win
Hamhamhamham vs Plas - Go Both
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano - Already Happened
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia - Karalynia destroyed me R1 so gonna give it to Kara for that reason alone though Jrsmash9 can take this if he plays well
blinkboy vs - Miyoka - Very close but blinkboy is very underrated and I believe he will take this
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur - Close but Mikaav gets my vote
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke - Pradhaaan is an excellent player but youmu@poke is my dark horse for the tournament so gotta stick to my guns

Edit: GL Everyone

Predicks

London13
vs FMG - I expect to see some whack tier choices from london13 and reckon he can pull this one out the bag in a close set.
bdov vs peachycl0uds - i think the only winner of this set is the fans, i expect a minimum of 2 bingo slots to get filled here. If ou is played i expect exactly 1 pu, 1 nu and 1 uu mon from bdov
Xiri vs MJ - Seen a lot of good stuff from snow jiniri but i can't go against my boy MJ here. This will probably be the best set of the round imo.
TheFranklin vs Elyna - Who vs who? Em, they've both knocked out some god players but i'm going with TheFranklin cause villa > luthier
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman - ESM has been solid so far whereas as ive seen more shaky performance from smb, so i except esm to take it with potentially a bingo slot too.
parivard vs The Cheesen One - This man has now lucked me in 3/4 smogon tournament games, don't see why he cant continue that form here. If you bring ninjask memes you're getting the boot smh
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038 - 2 solid players, expect bigboy to take advantage of the similar build overdragoon has been using but if od changes up his style a bit it can definitely go either way
Jrdn vs SANJAY - Already happened shame we didnt get g3 since the sawk para was pretty crucial g2 and sanjay not calcing on emboar :x

Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870 - A 147 year old vs a 14 year old, 1 of 2 things happens here, hell ray makes a fire play causing lightning to have a heart attack and subsequently lose quickly or hell ray's mum forces him to do his homework and the stubborn old nightning takes the timer win #jrsmashthetimerbutton
t0te vs leo05051998 - leo has been playing better imo, t0te beat byron using cheesy teams which was a surprise but i still don't expect him to take this one
Hamhamhamham vs Plas - lost gg's https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665073809, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-665077899, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-665082030
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano - Already happened, saw nothing but some usual retardedness from luthier forgetting his whimsi had a grass move but he still managed ti take fairly convincingly
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia - not sure on this one, karo played fire r1 but was mediocre r2 and 3. I can see jrsmash taking this but i imagine it'll be close
blinkboy vs MiyoKa - Apparently this has happened and miyoka won, sadly didn't catch it cause i expected it be a really good set.
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur - Mikaav is better imo but PCD has been playing well so im not too sure.
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke - Youmu@poke choked on the fattest dick i've ever seen vs London13 and after that there's just no way i can predict him to win again. Also pradhaaan is very good so there's that.

Some Predicts by me. (Yes i know all the matches which have already happened, happened)

London13
vs FMG - He's a goon
bdov vs peachycl0uds - bdov brought 2 PU mons to an OU game and still won. This time she'll bring a PU team to OU and miraculously win
Xiri vs MJ - Just think that your opponent is Osh
TheFranklin vs Elyna - ???
SableyeMyBae vs EternalSnowman - ESM will bring unsets and will TiLT SableyeMyBae
parivard vs The Cheesen One - parivard will forfeit after seeing the Pakistani Cricketers Squad.
Overdragoon vs BigBoy038 - bigboy is more versatile
Jrdn vs SANJAY - After Sanjay loses, he will claim to quit and then come back after a week :cwl:

Hell Rayquaza11 vs lightning1870 - lightning? nightning? What's next? tightning?
t0te vs leo05051998 - DARK HORSE
Hamhamhamham vs Plas - Plas won't lose to special toxic Lando this time.
Luthier vs Akiko Yosano - tryhard
Jrsmash9 vs Karalynia - Jrsmash9: take the timer- - - Jrsmash9: timer wins are best wins
blinkboy vs MiyoKa - b l i n k b o y
Mikaav vs PokemonCestDur - Boy beat ominousdraco
Pradhaaan vs youmu@poke - Indian

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)