SM OU Till I Collapse - 1k RMT

(click me ^)

Built with my husband The Goomy

Introduction

Hi I'm Advantage n_n and this is an OU team that I would like to share with you all. I used this team to get reqs to vote on Pheromosa, record here: https://puu.sh/v4e3r/d900f1b1c5.jpg. I don't often build OU teams that are both fun and successful, so I'm taking advantage of this rare occasion. Also killing two birds with one stone because yay 1k.

TEAMBUILDING

This team started with lead rocker + "dark spam" core. Basically Goomy and I had seen how menacing Bisharp is right now, so we wanted to build with it + hazard stack essentially. Lando was chosen for no other reason besides I really like lead sash Lando. Additionally, Goomy and I hated how common opposing rocks Lando was, and we wanted a rocker that could prevent opposing rocks (I'll get into this later). Greninja was chosen because it's such a menis on offense, and gives spikes. Not very often do you have a spiker that can apply so much offensive pressure at the same time. Then obviously we have Bisharp to complement the hazard stacking core, and deter defog and wreak havoc.

Next up, we decided on Thundy for a few reasons. One being it checks Scizor, that otherwise is annoying as hell. Two being that it's another ground and fighting check as well as "set up" check because of prankster twave. Lastly, Goomy and I had wanted a z move somewhere, and I had suggested that steels were very annoying, the aforementioned Scizor, Ferrothorn because it could set hazards, Megagross etc, so I came up with firium z incinerate. It's still pretty weak, but ohkos Sciz and Ferro, and kills Megagross with just a bit of prior damage.

Next we have our mega. This thing is so busted right now that it's hard not to put on HO. It offers a lot of key resistances/bulk, as well as give much needed speed and power. Goomy and I wanted a sweeper (so we made it agility) along with a more sturdy dragon/psychic check since Bish isn't all that bulkE.

Lastly is the team's scarfer and secondary water (greninja) check. This was actually originally a Decidueye for a couple reasons. Ghost type to deter rapid spin, it learns smack down which can lure Charizard/Volcarona (it doesn't kill but imagine how cool you look when you click it) and gets u-turn which is nice to create momentum. It turned out to be a little lackluster and slow, so scarf bulu replaced it because outspeeding ash gren is a big deal.

An In-Depth Look

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Imprison

Lando is the dedicated lead on this team. As you'll notice, the set is fairly standard except for Imprison. If you don't already know, when used, it stops the opponent from going for moves that you also carry. So for example, outspeeding and using it before a Lando or Garchomp (assuming slow tank chomp), they are blocked from going for both rocks and eq. This allows me to get rocks, and then boom on either the Lando if they stay in to hp ice, or on like a Fini if they try to defog. I didn't play vs many tank chomps during my suspect laddering but ideally they dtail you into something that has good mu.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Greninja is the second half of my hazard stacking core. It's pretty self explanatory, however one thing I will note, is how useful water shuriken was during my laddering. Pretty much every player didn't think I would carry it once I revealed protean, which often allowed me to get a kill late game that resulted in me winning. Gunk shot is for tapu fini and grass types and the like, while dark pulse is mainly there to ohko big threats like Megagross. I could try something like hp fire to help take pressure off Thundy but this set worked for me during my games so ye.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Bish is the "dedicated" sweeper I'd say, as it won most of my games. This thing is just so amazing right now, which is kinda funny considering sucker got nerfed this gen. The speed iirc is for 99% of fini's and then some bulk to help take hits. It's pretty self explanatory what Bish does so I don't think I need to add more :d

Thundurus @ Firium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Incinerate
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

This Thundy set actually put in so much work lol. I faced Scizor almost once every 3 games, and every time I was able to lure them with Thundy. Even if you did switch and try to keep Sciz healthy, this thing is a pretty big threat to most teams. The most solid answers are really bulky grounds, and those allow Gren a "free" switch and free hazards.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Agility

Megagross is the 2nd of this team's sweepers, and it does a pretty good job at that. Most teams use things faster than this to revenge, or use defensive lando to wear down, so agility covers the former and lead Lando with explosion covers the latter. This pairs well with Thundy because eliminating Sciz is obviously very important, and other steels like Ferrothorn or opposing Megagross can be easily removed or severely weakened for this to sweep late game.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Lastly is scarf bulu. This pokemon greatly helps Megagross sweep due to grassE terrain, and functions incredibly well as a scarfer in its own right. Outspeeding past ash ninja is it's most important role, as well as checking Zard Y. This thing also helps wear down checks like defense Lando or chomp which helps Bish and Megagross.

Threats
Tangrowth
- This pokemon is a menis because it essentially walls or can wall the entire team. Helmet is definitely more annoying to face because it checks Bish/Gross/Land/Bulu. My counter play is setting up with Bish and severely weakening it or somehow luring with Thundy. If it's AV, I can usually muscle past it a little easier.
Greninja
- Mainly talking about protean as scarf bulu checks ash fairly well. The protean set can especially dent this team by ohko'ing essentially everything with the right move. My counterplay is pivoting to bulu correctly but if that's too risky in the given situation, then you have to sack. Also you can't twave with Thundy if it's still dark type :(

Stall
- I faced stall around 3-5 times during my suspect laddering and won every time. The reason it's still a threat is because I kinda maybe flinched Sableye with Gren every time in order to get spikes up and then 6-0 with Bisharp because Dug can't check if hazards are up. Every game went like this: Lead gren, flinch sab to the point where it's forced to switch, get spikes up vs Toxapex/Chansey, then go Lando and get rocks (usually the stall user will go Skarm instead of a weakened Sableye), then you boom to prevent rocks. Go thundy on skarm, double to Bish, SD and win.

Conclusion

This team is a lot of fun to use, especially when the sets work. Be careful that this team (like many others) is much less effective once your opponent knows the sets. Hope you guys like the team =D

Importable

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Imprison

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Thundurus @ Firium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Incinerate
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Agility

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Couple replays if you're interested (unfortunately I didn't intentionally save some):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-555020985 (lol drain punch audino)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-555026619
Tom Bus : oOoOoOoOoOoOh man, where to begin. I still remember pm'ing you when we were strangers just to tell you how I liked your youtube channel lol. And now we talk everyday, and I thouroughly enjoy our interactions because you always make me laugh, whether it's a joke or your spectacular alts. Also randomly typing lyrics from shofu's cypher is too much fun
ben gay : You know, if it wasn't for u constantly passing me teams, im not sure if i'd still be playing OU bc im so gosh darn bad at building 3: Aside from mainly being my team supplier, you're a ton of fun to talk to because your insane ideas in OU often give me ideas to implement in lower tiers lol. Stay gay my friend
The Goomy : Our love for each other is through the roof, and even though we have our rough patches, I know you put up with me when I go off the rails too :3. Thanks for always cheering me up by listening to my rants or spouting off your next crazy idea in OU.
Sam : I honestly consider you the older brother i always wanted. i love talking with you about anything, whether it's real life drama or pokemon drama. You're incredibly smart and I really value your advice ~n_n~
Kiyo : As nervous as I was meeting up with a smogoner, you're one of the chillest dudes I've ever met. Somehow u made that like 7 hour drive to go get rozes bearable and for that, i appreciate u. I love how close we've gotten, even though we probs hated each other back in the day. Whether it's NU or life, you're such a smart guy and a ton of fun to be around. I hope we get to meet up at Worlds n_n
rozes : You were also a ton of fun to meet up with :3. By the time Kiyo and I finally got to you, we were pretty tired, but you somehow made the 2 and a half hour ride back fun. It was great having just 3 NU dudes around for that while because would talk about drama and shit and really enjoy each other's presence moreso than just on the internet. I also hope to see u at worlds!!!!
Montsegur : first friend i met on here :3. super chill to talk to and i hope you're around enough this gen to ask me for teams
Raseri : I feel like we've grown apart recently, which is really sad bc i considered you one of my best and closest friends not too long ago. Regardless, you're one of the nicest people around and someone who i felt i could truly trust. I hope life is going well and we can move past whatevr tension is between us
Disjunction : Someone i feel like ive grown closer with recently, and im incredibly happy we have. You're such a nice genuine person even if u do only write in paragraph form :3. I hope you stick around for the long haul because you're such an important asset to NU's success
Sir Kay : You know what i just realized, you're like Disjunction except u dont always write in paragraph form :p. I hope you play a lot of NU this gen and maybe join tours to kick some butt
boltsandbombers : My jew friend :3. You're a great guy and solid battler (just have more confidence in yourself). I hope you dominate NU this gen and continue to be active despite college. Mons comes first, learn your priorities brother
AJB : My jew friend :3. Love u lots and hope u enjoy NU as much as we're all expecting to love it. Also ur xtra special for using scarf mantine in ltpl and winning with it
Ark : Someone I've grown pretty close with recently to the point where we talk everyday, whether it's about drama in our respective communities or about Zelda. You're someone I can rely on because you're so knowledgeable about everything. I hope you play NU this gen because I have a feeling you could be a top contender.
passion : Hm where to start with you.. You're such an expressive and talkative person which I just love. You're incredibly entertaining and often make me laugh when otherwise this game is pretty boring. I hope you continue to play because I appreciate you being around :3
Quite Quiet : Probably the most calm and sensible person I know. Like, i dont think ive ever seen you get angry, maybe frustrated but you downplay it a lot. You're someone who ive loved working with as well as someone who ive enjoyed learning about. You're very intelligent and can often assist me when i need help with something, so for that i love u
Vileman : My esteemed jaja friend =D. I really hope you play NU this gen because you're pretty damn good when u try. You're so much fun to talk to and i hope i can snag u for nupl t b h
Blitzamirin : friend =D. I'm sad u quit but i also know why and i dont blame u. Im glad u said you'd stay around because you're a smart guy and it's fun to talk to u. You're also a good person to get advice from n_n
Sigilyph : You're probably the friend who i hate and love dealing with. You are so blunt and truthful, that i appreciate your words but often hate hearing them. For that, i thank u
HiMyNamesL : I love talking to you when you're active but unfortunately you're busy with life a lot :[. You're super nice and i def miss the days when we could bond over PoGo
Kalalokki : You're similar to Sigi in that u often give the smart opinion i sometimes dont wanna hear. Thanks for existing
Winry : stop being ded, i miss u. you're super funny when ur drunk so in an attempt to not sound weird.. uh.. get drunk more often
anto : anto ~n_n~. you're a very chill person to talk to and someone i can trust without a doubt. i hope we stay close even tho u stepped down from stuff :(
Quote : You're such a great person but u need more confidence in yourself. Keep on keepin on my brother
Zodiax : you're very similar to what i wrote for winry except instead of being funny when ur drunk, ur funny when ur stuck at ur 1 night stands so do more of that and give details on skype
Jin Of The Gale : i love that u pm me memes/jokes almost everyday, pls dont ever stop. you're also someone who can be super cool to talk to when you're serious (which is like 5% of the time) but ily nonetheless
sirDonovan : very quiet but someone i can rely on about anything tech or PS related. you've helped me with things in the past and for that im truly grateful
Eyan : EYAN
Trickster : my BOTW buddE :D. you're a PS rockstar and i hope you never quit bc PS will surely die without u. You're incredibly awesome and i hope we continue to talk bc i really enjoy our conversations
Feliburn : Feli =D. I hope u dabble in NU this gen so i can get u cheap for nupl. Stay king at RU tho so in case i need teams i can hit u up
z0mOG : someone who ive grown to like surprisingly enough, and im sure you could say the same thing about me. Ive really started to enjoy our friendship and it's great we get along so well. You're a solid OU player except when u play tour games bc u play like dix. Keep grindin tho, ily and know u'll be successful :3
Sacri' : my favorite french user :3. I love that we're close, and can talk about so many things whether it's UU, NU, tennis etc. Hope u continue to kick ass at NU n_n
Tony : another tennis fan i love to talk to! ltpl was so much fun and even though we dont talk a ton on a day to day basis, you're def someone i love reaching out to.
Omfuga : play NU this gen so u can prove to be good at yet another tier. I look up to u a lot as a player but not as a person bc you're so mean :p. Im glad we've become good friends and thanks for giving me a shot in spl.
-Tsunami- : another amazing player i look up to. you're super chill to talk to and a lot of fun to team with. your smogtours commentary is so insane that if im not your teammate i dont wanna play and catch your wrath ya feel me. also thx for giving me shot in spl n_n
ABR : had to group you with fuga and shake bc you're all essentially one person right. you're a cool dude when you're not using scarf gren and other wack sets. definitely someone i can look up in the ou tier.
Finchinator : my fucking friend. i hope u dominate NU this gen bc it's fun to talk to you about a tier we both love. also hope we team together sometime in the future bc you're such an awesome teammate when u put in the work n_n
TDK : another person i look up quite a bit, you're such a strong player and builder as well as a really cool guy to talk to. never change :3c
FLCL : ill try not to sound corny, but when i was new to NU, you're probably the player i looked up to the most. i actually used to get excited when i'd get u in a roomtour (back when u only played on alts p much) bc it was like a mini achievement if i could beat u. Anyway... look how far we've come right :D. i feel like i can go to you if i need testing or tips and hell u even have come to me for a team in the past. even tho we dont talk often, i really enjoy it when we do
dodmen : awesome uu player and chill guy to talk to. thanks for helping me test whenever i decide to play uu :p
YABO : the guy who helped me pass accounting. ily friend, and fully expect u to be a god in NU this gen
Christo : one of my favorite NU mains who wont call himself an NU main :3. Hope to see u tearin it in this gen bc you're such a strong player
TSR : we've only recently started talking but i enjoy discussing mons and botw with u n_n
King UU : even tho you're weird sometimes you often mean well, and for that i commend u. also u helped me pass philosophy so u fking rock
Blast : (dog) It's been great becoming good friends bc you're another player i look up to. i hope u come up with some sick innovation this gen bc i still think yawn tect prinplup is fking incredible
Bouff : you're fun to talk to and i hope u play NU a lot this gen. (pssst UU comes second)
Hikari : you're very blunt and even tho u might annoy me sometimes i often appreciate what u say bc i agree with it a lot
Accelgor : i feel like i have more friends who play UU than NU... Play NU this gen, i bet you'd be good at it :3. always fun talkin w/ u and watchin u play n_n
Colbrushie : i miss u lots, come back and play more :(
DMT : ^
Pearl : super cute user and even tho we dont talk a whole lot, you're a funny guy and i enjoy the interactions that we do have
obii : awesome guy and solid in way too many tiers tbh. i love talking with you and hope you continue to achieve good things my friend
KyleCole : i miss u :/
Ice Tea : cute af user and i hope you give NU enough attention this gen to kick ass like u did in ORAS
Calloflochie : Be more active imo. it's always fun to talk with u and i hope you're doing well :D
Kushalos : one of my fav builders, hope i get to meet u sometime irl bc i want to try your cooking :3
CrashinBoomBang : great player/builder that i respect a lot. stay awesome
Teddeh : love u and hope u dominate NU for as many generations that will exist. hope we build together in sm a lot bc imagine the amazingness we could create..
Zebraiken : hands down the nicest person i know. i dont think ive ever disliked u for one second bc of how awesome and genuine u are. stay active brother *-*
Rumor : hi im rumor. awesome friend, love u lots
atomicllamas : (wave)(sun) havent talked to u in a while but hope you're doing well n_n
Snowy : big fan_n. you're always fun to watch bc u bring cool stuff, and i love talking with u
Sabella : im a day 1 xbootE fan
aim : play NU this gen fren :]
Arifeen : my favorite user from bangladesh n_n
daftmau5 : i miss when you were active *-*
ebeast : hope you're around for sm NU. we need some more great minds..
innovamania : love talking with you bc u always make me laugh and share the best memes. free Dank Meme Society
Kingler12345 : ily but randbats is the worst i hate it so much omg
Philip7086 : if it wasnt for u supplying half my dpp teams back in spl 7, i never would have realized how amazing of a tier it is, so for that ty n_n
Zamrock : my man. keep making top tier vids, i always love hearing your insight
urban : love talking with u, you're such a chill person. we def need to team again bc powc was a ton of fun back when we did that n_n
Ox the Fox : my mons and mk8 buddE :D. get mk8 deluxe pls <3

So sorry if i forgot anyone ;_;

you godamn degenerate pile of scum, literally stole my shoutouts format from my first archive lol. even had the audacity to steal my trademark gay faces fk outta hele.

tangent aside, this team is the pinnacle of all things (BAN ME PLEASE)ry. Being able to deny opposing rocks and defog with imprison+explosion is a gimmick I myself unfortunately fell victim too (pretty much an autowin if all those things happen..). not sure how to alleviate that huge stall weakness without changing any core members but I suppose you can try gigavolt havoc thund with np to threaten sableye, weaken chansey/clef or kill outright. making gren hp fire would be wise if that's the case. Other things you can tinker with is 4 atks gross instead of agility with bp to compensate for lack of better speed control, but I think you know how to pilot this team better than I would. pretty antimeta for postmosa, especially if your opponent doesn't know how this build functions so consider it fren ben approved 7/10. also goomy is 2nd cutest user after goao oml.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)