The world ends with you

User 40136

Banned deucer.
It's not exactly new (I think it came out in 08), but I absoluetely LOVE it. It is my favorite RPG of all time, and definetly in my list of all time favorites. So, any fans of this game? It would be nice to talk to people about it...

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
By God this game is beautiful. Loved the story, great battle system, and the art/music is perfect for the game. One of the best DS titles there is.

Trailer

This game is decent, the only thing that attracted me to play was the punk-emo look the game goes about. Played this a while ago and it was fun at the time, I think the main main character was the emo git iirc

I'm really surprised that this game doesn't have a thread about it already, as it is easily my favorite DS game. Innovative controls, great story and characters, fun (if you don't agree with good) music and art, and gameplay that engrosses you and challenges you.

I'm sure it's not that much to go pick it up at a used game shop nowadays, and it's definitely worth a go. Core gameplay will take maybe 15 hours, give or take, but I've gotten around maybe 75 with multiple playthroughs, collecting very rewarding secrets, and just having fun grinding for no reason.

tl:dr This game is definitely worth it for the price that you'll find it at now so I suggest you go play it.

Amazing game. Loved the whole clothing and pin concept. Complete JotM set on Neku is win. As long as you go in understanding it's a game and thus meant to be fun you'll appreciate the cheesy characters and plot. Some of the characters are legitimately cool even if cliches, like Mr H and the guy who said things like, "So zeta slow..."

The references to old rpgs are cool too, like the River City Ransom esque shops and noodle bars. It was worth the $35 I paid.

It is the best game on the DS, except MAYBE the Layton games. It's also the best game Squeenix has made in a decade.

EDIT: The plot is excellent. I originally thought that, due to the age and colour/art styles, it was going to be a childish kiddy-game. While some of the common RPG themes targeted at young people, like 'making friends' and 'being yourself' and 'not shutting people out' and that sort of thing are common throughout, the storyline is actually quite dark and creepy, with a lot of great twists and character development. The game is divided into chapters, and after you beat the game, you can go back and replay chapters with special side-objectives. These objectives reward you with extra, unique items and so on, but they also give you access to "Secret Reports", written by another character who's identity is unknown. It adds a series of new layers and twists to the plot.

The gameplay is quite strange at first, but you get used to it quite quickly. If you're a completionist like me, you will spend AGES grinding up your pins to make them evolve and to earn enough money to buy every item.

Its a fun game, though I hated the fact that you had to manage combat on both screens at the same time. This would've been fine normally, but they had to also make it so that both characters share a health bar so if you can't get used to it, you're pretty screwed. Too bad there's no sign of a sequel, I thought it was a pretty popular game too.

It is an utterly fantastic game, and one of the few decent shots at innovation in recent games. The post-game continuation can get very addictive as well. It's a gorgeously done game.

My only gripe is that the puzzles are handed to you on a silver platter. Doesn't matter because Gameplay, Plot, Music and Combat are all superb.

Its a fun game, though I hated the fact that you had to manage combat on both screens at the same time. This would've been fine normally, but they had to also make it so that both characters share a health bar so if you can't get used to it, you're pretty screwed. Too bad there's no sign of a sequel, I thought it was a pretty popular game too.
Rather than a sequel, potentially ruining what is already a good complete plotline, I'd prefer the same design/development team made a new game that's just as good, but completely separate.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
Great game, one of my favorite games of all time no doubt. The story was probably the best part. The creators made comic strip cut scenes work so well with this game. Stoked for a sequel!!!

User 40136

Banned deucer.
anyone else hate Higashizawa? I thought he was boring, and once he died, he had no future refrences; it literally was like he was just a throw away villain

anyone else hate Higashizawa? I thought he was boring, and once he died, he had no future refrences; it literally was like he was just a throw away villain
I thought he was hilarious in Another Day, but I do agree that he was kind of a "generic first boss" villain.

Speaking of Another Day, did anyone ever try playing Tin Pin with other people? I always meant to, but never got around to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)