Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2017 - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
I think its just that we have different outlooks on life. People make mistakes and to have a sympathetic response to their resulting unfortunate situation is not bad. The way I see it is that the effect of the bans on these people, far outweighs the "evil" of their actions. At the end of the day it is just a fun/stupid game which is why I have never understood the way in which some of you guys go about posting during times like these.
well if you don't value the integrity of the game I'd say that's less of a "different outlook" and more of just being wrong

and it being "just a fun/stupid game" kinda contradicts your first post by the way. you said that "people are emotionally attached to this site", that "it's devastating", and a bunch of other stuff that doesn't apply to something that is "just a fun/stupid game".

you're not part of the community. don't speak like you understand the values of the community. you don't.

Holy shit. I check this site for the first time in six months and find my old team being in the finals. What an extremely pleasant surprise. Although I do not know everyone on the roster I am super proud!

Damn okay, story time because I've got a ton of memories now and I want to vent.

I remember my first involvement with WCoP being with Benelux, this was back with WCoP VI. That's six years ago, damn! I remember us having a surprisingly solid roster (and I also played a game) although most of us weren't super known. Delko was an amazing captain and some other players showed their capabilities (everyone knows McMeghan now of course but also Alf, Mynism, Vinc and everyone else). Benelux continued for two more years iirc and McMeghan also took over as captain and was great as well. Honestly, Benelux was great. Unfortunately all good things come to an end and we decided continuing Benelux was getting too hard with a limited supply of players.

This meant I couldn't participate in my favourite tournament anymore (as well as a lot of other Europeans) so I thought it was only fair to revive the Europe team. I captained the team with WCoP IX and this was a great experience, thanks M Dragon for letting us participate and thank you so much to everyone on that year's roster and everyone who helped me.

The year after was even better. We really had a great team going, players as well as team spirit and it probably was my favourite WCoP I've participated in. Thanks everyone, Isa / ZoroDark / MetalGro$$ / Vinc2612 / Alf' / H-C / Marshall.Law / Twin Citiez / HellPowna / Void and everyone else I surely forget (sorry!).

The year after (so last year) I wanted to get things going again but I also noticed that my activity wasn't high enough to be a captain. Thankfully, Pearl stepped in and was an amazing captain, much better than I ever was. I made some mistakes in the two years (like playing myself when I obviously wasn't the best player available), so Pearl was definitely an improvement. The roster that year was great and I'm proud of the team.

This year I didn't really follow WCoP at all, but now I see this and I'm so proud! Tony, I do not know you (or I do and I missed a name change), but amazing job! H-C, great to see you as cocaptain for a finalist team! To the rest of team as well, you made me happy by accomplishing this!

Sorry for the long nonsense post but I just saw this and it made me happy :)

Go Europe!

Imagine spending all your free time on here with your imaginary internet friends doing everything in your ability to develop a respectable persona, making countless contributions to the community, writing articles, hosting tournaments, etc...Smogon is pretty much your second home...and then suddenly, you get shot down and banned from participating in these prestigious tournament scene for a year, which incorporates doing all the things you love doing daily. Must be unbearable for users like rozes, bloo, etc.

Poor kids. I sincerely feel bad for them.
Don't mention Bloo and rozes in the same sentence. Bloo stepped out of line just once. Rozes has been a cheating scumbag ever since he started picking up traction on this site. I can assure you if this investigation were expanded, there will be more dirt found on rozes, not just cheating on the big Stage like WCop, OST, Smogon Tour, but cheating for all his friends in lower level matches and tourneys also. Rozes is the guy who cheated his way through high school only to flunk out in year 1 of University because his friends were not there to help him cheat. If there was ever a user here that deserved a permaban, it is this reprobate. I don't know who you are ADVANTAGE but thank you for finally exposing this chump. I know there are many more victims of his ghosting that felt vindicated when the news broke.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Don't mention Bloo and rozes in the same sentence. Bloo stepped out of line just once. Rozes has been a cheating scumbag ever since he started picking up traction on this site. I can assure you if this investigation were expanded, there will be more dirt found on rozes, not just cheating on the big Stage like WCop, OST, Smogon Tour, but cheating for all his friends in lower level matches and tourneys also. Rozes is the guy who cheated his way through high school only to flunk out in year 1 of University because his friends were not there to help him cheat. If there was ever a user here that deserved a permaban, it is this reprobate. I don't know who you are ADVANTAGE but thank you for finally exposing this chump. I know there are many more victims of his ghosting that felt vindicated when the news broke.
I disagree.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Finchinator disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)