The World Cup of Pokémon X - Format [Read post #265]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I would like the TDs to consider being more flexible regarding the Captain Lock ruling that has been put this year. As it stands, if a captain does not want a player that played for them last year for whatever reason, said captain can still lock him and cause him to be unable to join any other team he might be elegible for. This ruling would be fine if we assume all captains are people who value more having a good tournament than petty grudges or whatever, but we all know that isnt the case as there are already situations popping up in which a captain doesnt let a player join another team despite not wanting him.

I was told the rule is extra strict this year because of people refusing to play for teams that did want them so they could join others. But I dont see why this situation causes any trouble, and why honest people who just want the chance to play in World Cup are being punished due to a few outliers. Honestly, it seems like the best course of action is to see it on a case by case basis. If a player refuses to play on a team like that, just do what should be done and either 1) not allow them to play in World Cup at all, 2) if you want to be more strict, do a tournaments ban.

Please consider changing it to something like "A Captain may lock a player in his team, but only if he plans on having him on the roster" or something, it wont make a really big difference in the whole picture, but to the people getting fucked by petty stuff it will mean a whole lot.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
i can rest easy seeing rey post that! please don't lock me from other teams bro! <3

edit: jk i'm not good enough for east, next year boys

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Going to have to echo Rey here.

A rule that lets managers essentially lock out a user from being on any roster, even if they have other eligbilities, is not a desirable rule. Just having TDs make decisions on if a player can switch teams or not would lead to fair rulings as they can let deserving players change teams while preventing players trying to manipulate the system from being able to do so, so a case by case basis with individual rulings seems better than a blanket prohibition on changing teams (it's technically not a blanket ban on changing teams, but there's no reason for a manager to give another team a free player when they can prevent them from playing altogether if they don't want them, so this rule would be pretty abuseable, too, and really unfair for anyone who left their old team on bad terms).

I know I'm mainly opening my mouth here for the sake of my own team and our interests, but I genuinely think that this rule being altered would be for the best of the tournament as a whole, too.

a message from one of our sponsors:

GOS I HATE WWEPNW NOGGA IVVER WON ANYTHING NEEDED LUCK TO EBAT SPIRTt
AND H THTIHnkS HE GOOD OLOL
LOLOLO
NIGFAS IS WOHTLESS
FJCinh trash
only lain on thundrblunder semin
needs it like i need water

I'll leave you guys with a riddle. if a user gets wasted and doesn't post on forums, did he even drink?

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
George182: *goes for trial game, wins 5/5 trial games with ease*
Team UK: Youre definitely getting drafted, don't worry about playing trial games
Team UK: *doesn't draft George182*
George182: Thanks guys... Bunch of f faces
I didn't get drafted :/ Despite my lack of OU experience, I didn't try out because I assumed my position on the site as moderator and leader of Little Cup was enough to grant me a place on the team. obviously not, bunch of f faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)