The World Cup of Pokémon IX - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fellony didn't care and Funkasaurus was granted with the activity win, but come on, didn't Django just threw his match vs Ojama? It's practically the same, he was really cool with the tournament and got his matches done, but Fellony could have done exactly the same and we weren't be here talking about this.
No. I know it looks that way since I played like literal ass but that is exactly what happened, I wasn't concentrating enough, played like shit and made a misclick towards the end. I was in the same position last year when OCN was out and West needed a win, I played and won the game legit. I don't give a shit if you call me a bad player (because I am) but don't insult my integrity

edit: also wtf why would I want franch to get through, fck mcmeghan

Last edited:
Have fun to the remaining teams, may the best (and not the luckiest) win.

A huge "thank you" to all my teammates, and to any player of this wcup, was great sharing this with you all.

I completely got your point btw MDragon, thx for listening to everything my mates had to say and answering asap, even if we lose because of an AW, it was surely well deserved for Canada, that's a cool team and they deserve to go far.

See you next year guys :]

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
Ok, just to make things clear, if a tie happens (i.e. 1-1-1) Brazil won't take 8th.
The guy who said that is not the captain (so it's w/e what he posts), he was just being dumb.
We are redoing the series until there is a winner.

I don't even mind playing dozens of games with the NUdude and the luckdude. oo

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Stone, you know I don't not like you in a non-homo way and all. But this got to be said: at least I played games to earn my trophy. You do nothing.

I would have had a yellow trophy too if my Hydro Pumps didn't continuously miss against thatsjusthaxy, like when bro fist missed all his Focus Blasts. I wasn't given a second chance to beat thatsjusthaxy to get that one of a kind Smogon official tshirt either.

Just because you best me with a huge team advantage doesn't make you a better player than me. People who have played me in a fair 50/50 match up know how terrifying I am at making the plays.

And I could easily get a purple trophy if I had time to sit through all those games. Remember how I gave you a win in Round Five of one of the tours? I am a busy man.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Unity Whitequeen. Most teams with one remaining player disband. But, I didn't give up. I haven't played WCoP not because I haven't been good enough, but because I chose not to. It's much more fun to watch my players develop and it's much more fun knowing, my team is one of the best and it all started with me and Yondie. You have the easy job, you go in and win a game, I had the job of putting together a team from nothing.

It's a lot more fun to me then playing. See, you've been playing since 09, you're washed up and excel in metagames that has a population of 35 players. That's what you enjoy and that's alright man. But I knew when to hang up my cleats and go into manager mode. To me, WCoP is like FIFA Career mode dude. I put together my squad, and simulate it and watch the player ratings go up.

Lamppost: 2011 - Rating, 73
Lamppost: 2012 - end of season rating: 87

Yondie: 2010 - Rating, 52
Yondie: 2011 - 3-0 Group Stage - 80
Yondie: 2012 - 82

Dragonuser: 2012 - Rating, 70
Dragonuser: 2013 - Rating, 88
Dragonuser: 2014 - Rating, 92 (p solid wouldn't ya'll think)

Shakeitup/Tsunami/MasterofOz: 2012 - Rating 64
Shakeitup: 2013 - Rating 83
Shakeitup: 2014 - Interesting case here. Pokemon Club East didn't want to give shake what he thought he deserved, so we had to let him go.

IFM: 2011 - 87
IFM: 2012 - 82
IFM: 2013 - 72
IFM: 2014 - 77 (HES MAKING THE CLIMB)

Nails: 2011 - 56
Nails: 2012 - 43
Nails: 2013 - 44
Nails: 2014 - 40

The trend goes on. It's fun to watch player who aren't as good join the team, learn from each other, and dominate other tournaments. So Whitequeen, you have fun with your Pokemon career and trash talking, im fine sitting idle, meeting cool players and collecting my trophies.

Excuse me, have a career mode to work on.

This is how it ends then. Being haxed is part of game so I'll not dwell on that but than a team prefer to keep its activity rather than playing a game. Don't make me wrong, i know Canada did its possible to play felony and I don't blame them for anything. But I just can't stand that an activity just eliminates two teams. It's just like a free win, a bonus.
Teams like afrabs have distorted the results. I'd really like that those kinds of poor sportsmanship/behaviour are punished. The same would apply on teams who have lost on purpose, but since it's nearly impossible to show evidence of this... I'm frankly disgusted by certain people's behaviour.

Anyway, it was fun to play with France. You guys were great. It's such a pity that we don't reach the R2. I had the same feeling now than when Belgium and France were eliminated last week-end: we could have do it, we had the opportunities but we missed on something. I'm sure it's McMeghan's fault, he's cursed or something like that. A team can't reach the R2 if he plays for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)