The World Cup of Pokémon IX - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have some word on what is happening with the Canada situation? Like is this even under discussion or do they get the win?

I cant understand which the problem here, afrabs didnt replace Felony yesterday so deadline expired so that activity win is legit, we all know that france is one of the best teams but cmon, this is pokemon not always the best wins so i think that theres no point to make a drama with this, just my opinion :]

Otherwise, hf germany im psure that will be a good series

Ah the conveniently French afrabs sub is here. Only jokin jeje, vamos lil Churro ! I personally like them to have a shot to advance because they are deserving team and making beautiful games. Sry tho would've played had I known

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Afrabs would have made the Playoffs had you played your games, king badabing. That entire team was pretty bad except you. I'm not sucking ass, just speaking truth.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I understand that the french are upset because they're not currently in, however, I think that reversing the decision would be very unfair to my team.

Why couldn't the Afrabs sub in their player earlier? Their two previous players have been extremely inactive and only got 1 game done in 3 weeks. Subbing their player in after the deadline gives France and UK an unfair advantage because everyone knows the Afrabs sub will get all the help in the world from these two teams, alongside his, to play this one game because it's the only one scheduled atm, when if that game was played 24h ago (before the deadline!) nobody on these two teams would have given the slightest fuck about that game.

Furthermore, why would you cancel this activity win just because the score is really close? This doesn't make much sense. If you cancel this win, you also need to cancel a number of them that directly affect the score; such as Light The Thunder vs Felony (the same player!) because his team would be included in the 13-11 tiebreak rather than 5th seed, or given that we lose the game vs Afrabs, Nachos vs fatty because UK would be in the tiebreak off an activity win too. I think that coming back on that decision after the deadline is both extremely unfair to my team and a poor decision because it sets a precedent which means you have to come back on other decisions too to equalize the chances for every team.

I think panamaxis and reyscarface made very good points too, so I'm not going to repeat what they said in this post but I want to highlight the fact that I agree with them.

so... i'm back after 2 days and i just finished watching replays!

i'm glad to see how the french luck shone during this tournament :)
at least i now understand why 95% of the french community has left this game.
congrats to east, you were great opponents.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Well, didn't know that a win by activity is more legit than a win on a match played later :/ Oh well, too bad that we're out because of that huge amount of bs. I won't comment anymore on that because there wouldnt be any gain from this.

Anyway, it has been great to play with you guys, even tho im still disappointed with my performances (at least i won a match lol!), too bad that the hax god wasnt keen on us this year. So ya, thanks for letting me play, y'all a bunch of chill dudes and great players (except Reymedy and Meridian, get cancer pls), j'vous kiff les mecs :] Good luck to the remaining teams, especially to East, too bad that we won't have our revenge this year, but one day we'll steal your trophy ;)

Finally, shoutout to all the karma whore trashing me on my WCoP+SPL record, i wouldn't have found the motivation to get better records without your support <3

Peace.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I am not reversing the activity win.
a) Funkasaurus deserved the activity win, and everybody agrees with that
b) Reversing the activity win sets a dangerous precedent. There are deadlines for a reason.
c) If a reverse the activity win, I also have to reverse every other activity win, and that would completely change everything (positions etc)
d) If teams that are out didnt care before, why would they care now? That would only encourage France/UK ghosting
e) It would screw over Canada, and it's not their problem, Funk did everything he had to do, and it is p clear in the rules (ty to aldaron for that part)
f) We cannot really do anything about throwing games or just not caring enough to battle. What would have stopped Felony from just throwing his game if he wanted France out?
g) Afrabs had no subs at that moment. Chirac's last activity was like 26th of June and he was the only sub they had left. He pparently also rejected being subbed in because he was busy IRL

Every TD agreed with this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)