The Workshop

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
hey pancake this is for your matchmaking thread :) i hope you like it feel, feel free to give feedback!
Thanks for the art! I really appreciate it. I think fx was doing something but he's a busy guy and all so he might have not had time to finish this, in which case I'll use your art ;) expect a combonation if he does finish his.

I really like it, although I suggest working on Monferno's arms. They kind of look like a snake lmao

but the Frost Rotom is really good. :3 Thank you again!!

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
hey im hosting this super fun tour you should all join http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lower-tier-premiere-league-manager-sign-ups.3585566/ but i'm lacking artwork atm

it doesnt have to be anything fancy, just something to take away from all the text that will generally be in the threads and something thats a bit more appealing to the eyes. something simple like a nicer version of what i put together in 5 mins also works!!

thanks a lot for whatever you guys come up with n_n

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
hey im hosting this super fun tour you should all join http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lower-tier-premiere-league-manager-sign-ups.3585566/ but i'm lacking artwork atm

it doesnt have to be anything fancy, just something to take away from all the text that will generally be in the threads and something thats a bit more appealing to the eyes. something simple like a nicer version of what i put together in 5 mins also works!!

thanks a lot for whatever you guys come up with n_n
done did

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Requesting a banner for the Gen7 Almost Any Ability thread. The one we have now by Bummer is awesome, but we'd like to update it to represent the new generation. A similar format to the one currently used would be ideal, showcasing new abilities on common Pokemon in the metagame surrounded by the text.
  • Text: Almost Any Ability. The current banner has "almost" in a smaller font and out of focus, which worked really well. That could try to be recreated. If it fits somewhere, a small "Gen 7" text may also be nice.
  • On one side of the text, a Volcarona with some way to represent Queenly Magesty (Maybe a crown giving it some kind of barrier, with a staff or a throne or whatever queens do these days)
  • On the other side of the text EITHER, a Poisoned Tapu Fini to represent Poison Heal. Ideally it wouldn't look quite as threatening as the Snorlax in the current thread, as it is more of a support mon, but that's up to artistic interpretation. OR a Surge Surfer Xurkitree. You could use the Raichu surfboard as an idea of how to go about that if you would like (I feel like you could take the Xurkitree design into a surfer dude stereotype without too much of a challenge also).

Optional second version!
So I think what I described above would come out pretty well, but if any artist wants to take up a more challenging and creative endeavor, here's an option:
  • The two mons with abilities and text already described (If you want to replace one/both of these, go for it! But I would ideally like a version that does indeed have these two Pokemon, just for reassurance purposes.)
  • Add any number of the following options: The Volcarona or Xurkitree not used in the first version (Adding this would be preferable), Toxapex with Volt Absorb, Kartana with Tough Claws, Magearna with Regenerator, Latias with Stamina..
  • If the artist has there own idea of something that could be cool, just ask :~) (Ideally it is something that would actually be seen in the AAA metagame, and not being worried about possibly being banned soon like Protean/Fluffy/Illusion)
Thank you so much to whoever picks this up! It will most likely be used for the entire generation, and it will get plenty of exposure

Hello, myself and a few others are taking over the Alolan forms Pet Mod, and as such, we would like a new logo. Mainly it needs to have text that says "Alolan Forms" right across the banner in the Sun/Moon colors and fancy text/font. It also needs to have Alolan Marowak lying across the top of the text and Alolan Golem lifting the text up.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Requesting a banner for the Gen7 Almost Any Ability thread. The one we have now by Bummer is awesome, but we'd like to update it to represent the new generation. A similar format to the one currently used would be ideal, showcasing new abilities on common Pokemon in the metagame surrounded by the text.
  • Text: Almost Any Ability. The current banner has "almost" in a smaller font and out of focus, which worked really well. That could try to be recreated. If it fits somewhere, a small "Gen 7" text may also be nice.
  • On one side of the text, a Volcarona with some way to represent Queenly Magesty (Maybe a crown giving it some kind of barrier, with a staff or a throne or whatever queens do these days)
  • On the other side of the text EITHER, a Poisoned Tapu Fini to represent Poison Heal. Ideally it wouldn't look quite as threatening as the Snorlax in the current thread, as it is more of a support mon, but that's up to artistic interpretation. OR a Surge Surfer Xurkitree. You could use the Raichu surfboard as an idea of how to go about that if you would like (I feel like you could take the Xurkitree design into a surfer dude stereotype without too much of a challenge also)

don't know if rementioning in an old post notified you so i guess i'll just repost ;v;

if you'd like anything changed, feel free to mention it !

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hello!

I am requesting a piece of art for a Monotype Theorymon project that is going to be posted tonight / tomorrow. It's a really popular project (the most popular project last gen), and I'd really like a spectacular piece of art to go with it.

I'd like two Pokemon to be in this banner; below, I'll list some of the winners from the previous project and you can pick the two you think will look great.

- Fairy-type Rapidash
- Fighting-type Electivire
- Fighting-type Staraptor
- Ice-type Roserade
- Fairy-type Dragonair

Generally, I'd prefer one rough-looking Pokemon (Fighting-type Staraptor / Electivire) and one majestic-looking Pokemon (Fairy-type Rapidash / Dragonair, Ice-type Roserade).

There's no strict deadline for this, but I'd appreciate if the piece of art would be completed sometime this week.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Hello!

I am requesting a piece of art for a Monotype Theorymon project that is going to be posted tonight / tomorrow. It's a really popular project (the most popular project last gen), and I'd really like a spectacular piece of art to go with it.

I'd like two Pokemon to be in this banner; below, I'll list some of the winners from the previous project and you can pick the two you think will look great.

- Fairy-type Rapidash
- Fighting-type Electivire
- Fighting-type Staraptor
- Ice-type Roserade
- Fairy-type Dragonair

Generally, I'd prefer one rough-looking Pokemon (Fighting-type Staraptor / Electivire) and one majestic-looking Pokemon (Fairy-type Rapidash / Dragonair, Ice-type Roserade).

There's no strict deadline for this, but I'd appreciate if the piece of art would be completed sometime this week.

Thanks!
This sounds mega fun and I'm already sketching something out! I'll show the finished sketch later today or tomorrow. :>

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
hey i totally forgot to post here, but the LC VR could use some nice artwork. Currently it just has stufful but that's a stand in. I would like Vullaby to be incorporated and for the words "Sun & Moon Little Cup Viability Rankings" or some apt permutation of that to be incorporated. You can select some other high rank mons and/or use a personal favorite (it better be cute) provided it isn't too unviable. (thread for ranks) Feel free to design it as you like!

Thanks!

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, we plan to do a December/Christmas edition of our Rate of the Week project and would like to request artwork for it. The thread usually looks like this, the artwork should be on the top.
Two Fighting-type Pokemon would be cool, for example: An Infernape as Santa, carrying a full bag, but out of it team rater badges fall out. Besides it there is a Terrakion, maybe with a red nose like a reindeer. Just an idea, if you have another one just go for it.
We had something like this once, but there is no Christmas theme. If you're short on time I wouldn't have a problem if you just add a Christmas theme to this.:
Thanks in advance !

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Sorry for the wait for the sketch, Sobi , I actually didn't end up noticing the time fly, but here's what I've got sketched out for the banner

The title itself is still quite incomplete, as I mostly tried just figuring out how to represent the new types for the Mons, which are Fighting Electivire and Fairy Dragonair. While I did take long to bring in this, right now I don't have anything else to do and won't be busy with anything, so I will strive to getting this done still before the end of the week! :>

Edit: Looking at the thread now btw, one question: are these guys being retyped to be purely their new typing, or Electric/Fighting and Dragon/Fairy?

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Hi, we plan to do a December/Christmas edition of our Rate of the Week project and would like to request artwork for it. The thread usually looks like this, the artwork should be on the top.
Two Fighting-type Pokemon would be cool, for example: An Infernape as Santa, carrying a full bag, but out of it team rater badges fall out. Besides it there is a Terrakion, maybe with a red nose like a reindeer. Just an idea, if you have another one just go for it.
We had something like this once, but there is no Christmas theme. If you're short on time I wouldn't have a problem if you just add a Christmas theme to this.:
Thanks in advance !
im bored i'll take it

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Sorry for the wait for the sketch, Sobi , I actually didn't end up noticing the time fly, but here's what I've got sketched out for the banner

The title itself is still quite incomplete, as I mostly tried just figuring out how to represent the new types for the Mons, which are Fighting Electivire and Fairy Dragonair. While I did take long to bring in this, right now I don't have anything else to do and won't be busy with anything, so I will strive to getting this done still before the end of the week! :>

Edit: Looking at the thread now btw, one question: are these guys being retyped to be purely their new typing, or Electric/Fighting and Dragon/Fairy?
Looks great. They gain a new type alongside their original type, yeah. Although I'd like the drawings to show the new secondary typing more than the primary, so a drawing of Electivire that shows fighting type more than electric (just like the current sketch, basically. Don't let this confuse you). On phone so can't explain much but basically: great job, I can't wait for the final version! ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)