The Studio - Song Recommendations

st. pablo

custom title
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The Staff of The Studio on Pokemon Showdown! Present:

Song Recommendations

Art by LifeisDANK, Thread Approved by Scene + Eevee General

Hello everyone! For the past couple of months, the Staff of The Studio on Pokemon Showdown! have been putting out weekly song recommendations on our website. Now, we figured that we'd bring our song suggestions to Smogon as well!

Song recommendations can be provided on any platform (Soundcloud, Spotify, etc.), but YouTube will be the primary one. Each recommendation should include the song title and artist, the genre the song belongs to, and a short (optional) description about the song and why you like it.

To add some spice to the recommendations, to kick off every month, the staff members will introduce a theme for that given month along with a thread post containing all of the staff picks. Then we open it up to the rest of the community to recommend songs for the theme as well, but please note that the themes are entirely optional and if you want to post a song that doesn't fit the monthly theme, that is totally alright.

When leaving your recommendations, please include the following:​

#1: Your PS! Username (or Smogon Username if you don't use Pokemon Showdown!)
#2: The artist and title of the song you're recommending in the format of: "Artist - Title"
#3: A link to the audio of your recommendation (YouTube, Soundcloud, etc)
#4: The genre of music in which your recommendation belongs to. Sub-genres are also acceptable.
#5: An optional description to go with your recommendation. These should consist of why you like the song, your favorite parts, etc.

• PS! Username:

• Song:

• Link:

• Genre:

• Description: (this one is optional, only paste if you're leaving one)

Last edited:

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: April 8th through April 14th (BONUS WEEK- Scroll Down)

(#) Amingo

(@) Raven
  • Song: Deathbeads - Bring Me The Horizon
  • Genre: Really mellow Alt Rock (I guess)
  • Description: "Eyes like a car crash... I know I shouldn't look but I can't turn away". A rare ultra-chilled offering from BMTH.

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Pookie
  • Song: Alessia Cara - Here
  • Genre:Contemporary R&B
  • Description: Smooth undertones make this an easily digestible song. The lyrics relate to any uncomfortable situation we've all inevitably found ourselves in. "I ask myself, 'What am I doing here?' " Me too, chicka, me too.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Nick Jonas - Close ft. Tove Lo
  • Genre: Pop
  • Description: The first time I heard this song, I didn't know how to digest it, so I put it on replay for a few times and quickly fell in love with it. The song is so beautiful in meaning. Tove Lo and Nick have voices that flow just right, and end up making me feel like Goldilocks.

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Flume - Insane (TRAILS Remix)
  • Genre: Trap
  • Description: Incredible remix of an already incredible song by Flume. The fluctuating synths and amazing drops blow me away every time.

(@) Paradise
  • Song:Sincerely Collins - Possible
  • Genre:Contemporary Hip-Hop
  • Description: As a recent addition to the hip-hop scene, Sincerely Collins is better known for his single, "Light Work," but this proves that he is definitely more than just a one-hit artist (Looking at you, Ca$hOut).

(%) Omega-Xis
  • Song: Autograf - Metaphysical (TEEMID Night Flip)
  • Genre: Deep House
  • Description: A deep pulsating bass intertwined with soft, smooth vocals catches you right from the beginning of the song and keeps you hooked through some fading and criss crossing of the beat. Smoothest thing I've heard in awhile.

(%) MonoMire
  • Song: Troye Sivan - YOUTH
  • Description: Recently started listening the Blue Neighborhood album, and surprisingly most of the songs are really catchy, I can't get this out of head (thanks Albert). But,t his is probably one of my favorites.

(@) Hallowed Thoughts

(#) Albert
  • Song: Röyksopp & Robyn - Monument
  • Genre: Electronic-Pop
  • Description: Minimal beat with interesting vocals and visuals. Royksopp and Robyn never fail to disappoint.

Song Recommendations: Week of: April 15th through April 21st

(@) Doom Metal
  • Song: Dystopia - Controll ALL Delete
  • Genre: Sludge Metal
  • Description: A great piece of early style sludge by one of the bands who pioneered it. bad music for a bad day

(@) Pookie
  • Song: The Chainsmokers - Roses (ft. ROZES)
  • Genre: Contemporary Pop
  • Description: Like most pop songs, it's a bit overplayed, but I like the groove and feel of this.It reminds me somewhat of Maps by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs (if you're into that kind of thing). Chill song, chill beat, good lyrics; what's not to like?

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
  • Genre: Pop (what else would I recommend???)
  • Description: The girl has done gone and made another hit!!! Ariana's voice just makes me feel feels at the height of the chorus. It's such a different turn from regular pop, which makes me enjoy it much more.

(@) Hallowed Thoughts
  • Song: ScHoolboy Q - Groovy Tony
  • Genre: Rap
  • Description: ScHoolboy Q comes through with Groovy Tony, creating a masterful beat that's overlayed with his impressive flow and clever metaphors and lyrics. While the message itself isn't anything incredible, the language he uses and the experiences it conveys come across as powerful in their own rights. The video also features powerful imagery throughout its length that can leave chills down your spine.

(#) Albert
  • Song: Sevdaliza - Amandine Insensible
  • Genre: Experimental
  • Description: This song is incredible. It's all over the place, but in the best way possible. If you're open to exploring some weird music, Sevdaliza is for you. She can be comparable to FKA twigs or AlunaGeorge.

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Savant - Savior
  • Genre: Electro
  • Description: A whirling maelstrom of a tune produced by the genius artist Savant. Its very complex in its rhythms and has almost too much going on, but its chaoticness is what makes it special.

(%) Always
  • Song: Ummet Ozcan - Smash!
  • Genre: EDM
  • Description: A catchy tune, a drop that comes straight from it, and an easy song to jam out to anywhere. Watch the music video for added fun, perhaps you can make sense of it while listening to the song!

(@) Paradise~

(@) MonoMire
  • Song: Drake - Pop Style (feat. The Throne)
  • Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap
  • Description: Drake has been releasing a lot of singles lately and I gotta say this is one of my favorites. Nice simple song.

UPDATE: MonoMire was promoted to Moderator this week. Therefore, his rank in the post containing each staff member's collection of recommendations has changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: April 22nd through April 28th

(@) Doom Metal

(@) pookie

(#) Amingo
(@) Hallowed Thoughts
  • Song: GodLovesUgly - Atmosphere
  • Description: Atmosphere isn't the type of rapper to spit crazy bars. He's the type to make an incredibly conscious rap song that has a flow that's difficult to pin down, and this song is a great example of his skill.

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Rawtek - Na'wal
  • Genre: Jungle House
  • Description: This song is animalistic and raw, and the sheer energy of it will blow you away. Working out to this song will guarantee you being a total beast at whatever you're doing. Even the ellipticals.

(@) John
  • Song: Arcturus - Star-crossed
  • Genre: Avant-garde metal
  • Description: I really like the piano intro. This band showcases pretty well the versatility of Kristoffer Rygg and forms a nice transition between the early Black metal Ulver albums and the more experimental later ones.

(#) Dont Lose
  • Song: Rae Sremmurd - Look Alive
  • Description: This is my new favorite tune. Pretty chill song if you just want something to relax to. Definitely reccomend checking it out!

(#) Albert

(@) Paradise~

Last edited:
This list is ordered by each user's current room rank in alphabetical order, and only contains the Song Recommendations of current Studio Staff Members. If you'd like to see more song recommendations from past staff members, you can check out our website (link is located in the roomintro of The Studio).
Clicking a staff member's name will link you to their smogon profile.

Room Owners (#):

(#) Albert

(#) Amingo

(#) Charles

(#) Dont Lose

Moderators (@)

(@) Brrandon

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Hallowed Thoughts

(@) John

(@) MonoMire

(@) Paradise~

(@) Pookie

(@) Raven

(@) Sigilyph

Drivers (%)

(%) Always

(%) evir

(%) Omega-Xis
This list is ordered by each user's current room rank in alphabetical order, and only contains the Song Recommendations of current Studio Staff Members. If you'd like to see more song recommendations from past staff members, you can check out our website (link is located in the roomintro of The Studio).

Room Owners (#):

(#) Albert

(#) Amingo

(#) Charles

(#) Dont Lose

Moderators (@)

(@) Brrandon

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Hallowed Thoughts

(@) John

(@) MonoMire

(@) Paradise~

(@) Pookie

(@) Raven

(@) Sigilyph

Drivers (%)

(%) Always

(%) evir

(%) Omega-Xis

Room Owners (#):

(#) Albert

(#) Amingo

(#) Charles

(#) Dont Lose

Moderators (@)

(@) Brrandon

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Hallowed Thoughts

(@) John

(@) MonoMire

(@) Paradise~

(@) Pookie

(@) Raven

(@) Sigilyph

Drivers (%)

(%) Always

(%) evir

(%) Omega-Xis

Room Owners (#):

(#) Albert

(#) Amingo

(#) Charles

(#) Dont Lose

Moderators (@)

(@) Brrandon

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Hallowed Thoughts

(@) John

(@) MonoMire

(@) Paradise~

(@) Pookie

(@) Raven

(@) Sigilyph

Drivers (%)

(%) Always

(%) evir

(%) Omega-Xis
My recs come from a couple albums I bought this week.
Sixteenth Century Greensleeves by Rainbow (hard rock, 1975): pretty much both Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio in their prime and Dio singing about Fantasy stuff.

Elizabeth by Ghost (Traditional metal, 2010): Song about the Blood Countess with an old school Mercyful Fate feel with Blue Oyster Cult vocals

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: April 29th through May 5th

(%) Omega-Xis

(@) Raven
  • Song: Razorlight - I Can't Stop This Feeling I've Got
  • Genre: Indie Rock / Post-Britpop
  • Description: Summery, beachy... La Belle Musique does rock. If The Police had been active between 1990-2005 as opposed to 1977-86, I imagine this is what they would sound like.

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Kayo

(@) pookie
  • Song: Little Big Town - Girl Crush
  • Genre: Contemporary Country
  • Description: Haters gonna hate, but we've all felt what this song is about: the feeling of inadequacy and the feeling of rejection. Don't overlook this one. Good vocals, simple composition, and powerful lyrics.

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Andy Bianchini - Hold U
  • Genre: Future House
  • Description: Absolutely incredible tune, the mastering was done perfectly. Very chilled yet energetic tune with a bassline that you can't not bob your head to.

(#) Amingo

(@) John
(@) Hallowed Thoughts
  • Song: Jay Rock - Vice City (feat. Black Hippy)
  • Description: Black Hippy (Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, and ScHoolboy Q) get together for another incredible song that deals with their vices and sins while maintaining a smooth flow.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: DJ Snake - Middle ft. Bipolar Sunshine
  • Genre: Electropop/R&B
  • Description: A smooth and relaxing song that takes it slow and combines aspects of pop with EDM style tunes to make a neat-o song.

(#) Dont Lose
  • Song: Aaron Pritchett - My Way
  • Genre: Country
  • Description: I dont listen to that much Country music I will admit, but I do enjoy this song. I heard it the other day actually on a Country music channel on television haha. Just a nice, easy going song for those of you who are Country music fans!

(#) Albert
  • Song: FKA Twigs - Hide
  • Genre: Trip-Hop / Experimental R&B
  • Description: Ethereal.

(@) Paradise
  • Song: Nas - The World is Yours
  • Genre: 90's Hip-Hop
  • Description: Some classic Nas, coming from one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time, illmatic.

Last edited:

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: May 6th through May 12th

(#) Albert

• Song: Ariana Grande - Into You
  • Genre: Contemporary Pop
  • Description: Just to let everyone know, I am a (not so) secret (anymore) fan of Top 40 pop. In all honesty, this song fucking destroyed me. (Note that this song was released 15 minutes before this list was updated).

(@) Paradise~

(%) Omega-Xis

(@) Doom Metal

(#) Amingo

(@) MonoMire
  • Song: Desiigner - Panda
  • Description: I will honestly find myself singing this anywhere, one of my current favorites.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Iggy Azalea - Heavy Crown Ft. Ellie Goulding
  • Genre: Rap/Pop
  • Description: Long time fan of both Iggy and Ellie. It's one of Iggy's lesser known songs, but I find that the odd combination of the two women works out in this song.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: May 13th through May 19th
(@) Doom Metal
  • Song: In Death We Meet-Derketa
  • Genre: Death/Doom
  • Description: One of the very few all female metal bands that don't suck

(@) MrMagicbuzz

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Disclosure - Magnets ft. Lorde
  • Genre: Deep house, UK garage, synthpop, tropical house
  • Description: I've really been loving Disclosure ever since I was introduced to them. They take a unique beat and turn it into a great techno song. The vocal part performed by Lorde made the song complete for me. I was already a huge fan of hers, and this put a different twist to her singing, which made it quite refreshing to me.

(@) John
  • Song: Grant Green - Maybe Tomorrow
  • Genre: Jazz
  • Description: Very smooth with some nice phrasing by one of the greatest jazz guitarists. This song has also been sampled by plenty of hip hop artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Outkast, and Dr. Dre.

(@) MonoMire

(@) Sigilyph

(#) Albert
  • Song: dvsn - Too Deep
  • Genre: Contemporary R&B
  • Description: Dude, if you've never listened to dvsn's album, you should take like an hour to listen to it all the way through. It's so good I don't think i've listened to anything else this week.

Slayer - Black Magic

1983 speed metal out of Huntington Park, California. Black Magic is a song featured off of the band's debut studio album release Show No Mercy. The song (and album as a whole) is a bit different sounding to the band's later more well known material from 1986-1990 (Ex: Raining Blood, Angel of Death, South of Heaven, War Ensemble). On Show No Mercy Slayer have a more "evil" guitar tone sound that sticks to speed metal rather than their later more "brutal" sounding thrash metal material. Show No Mercy musically can essentially be described as Slayer paying homeage to Judas Priest and Iron Maiden with a hint of injection of Venom. Lyrically it takes what Venom did and rolls with all the evil Satanic cliche stuff now commonly associated with heavy metal and its mass sub-genres.
Huntington Park, Los Angeles County, California
Bring back 80s Speed Metal

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: May 20th through May 26th
(#) Amingo

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Lana Del Rey - West Coast
  • Genre: Psychedelic Rock/Desert Rock/Surf Rock
  • Description: This wasn't one of the first songs of Lana's that I heard, but I think that this specific song is my favorite, because it shows Lana's unique style of music in a way that only she can. The song is much faster and able to keep attention than her other songs with a slower tempo.

(@) MrMagicbuzz

(@) pookie
  • Song: Van Halen - Jump
  • Genre:80's Glam Rock
  • Description: One of the most upbeat songs of all time, imo. Listening to this always puts me in a good mood (and the video is a treasure, too)!
(@) Paradise~

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Pegboard Nerds - Emoji (Rogue Remix)
  • Genre: Future Bass
  • Description: Incredible remix of a very mediocre song by Pegboard Nerds. This is one of those moments where a remix makes a song blossom the way its supposed to when the original artist fails to do so. The drops are incredible and somehow ultra chilled besides being energetic.

(#) Albert

(%) Omega-Xis
  • Song: Martin Solveig ft. Sam White - +1 (Jayceeoh Remix)
  • Description: Solveig is actually someone I want to listen to more. Always manages to have a nice mix of upbeat tones with really deep bass and blend it together where it doesn't feel like two tracks clashing.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: May 27th through June 2nd

(@) Hallowed Thoughts
  • Song: Chance the Rapper - Lord Release (feat. Vic Mensa)
  • Description: One of the earliest works I can find from Chance the Rapper, this song deals with a family in which the father sells drugs to support his family and the trauma and conflict that arise because of his decisions. The piano, guitar, and singing in the background provide a haunting melody to accompany the dark and twisting verses.

(@) Paradise~
  • Song: J.Cole - Let Nas Down
  • Genre: Hip-Hop
  • Description: In a tribute to Nas over a jazz beat, J. Cole raps about various pressures in staying true to the essense of hip-hop and making songs that appeal to popular opinion.

(#) Amingo

(@) pookie
  • Song: Ruth B - Lost Boy
  • Genre: Singer/Songwriter
  • Description: Bittersweet and haunting.

(@) Doom Metal

(@) MonoMire

(#) Albert
  • Song: Grimes - Go (feat. Blood Diamonds)
  • Genre: Experimental EDM / Trapstep
  • Description: Not only a beautifully produced song, but also a beautifully produced music video as well.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
  • Description: This song is so sassy and takes a new spin to Adele's usual palate of music. It's like her next step forward from the mopiness that she showed in some of her past songs and into a more defiant phase, which is something I look forward to quite a bit.

(@) John
  • Song: TREPALIUM - Sick Boogie Murder
  • Genre: Progressive Groove/Death Metal, Jazz Fusion
  • Description: A pretty cool band from France. They play a very interesting mix of Death and Groove metal, with jazz and blues thrown in. This song's got a sick Sax solo.

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Morgan Page ft. Lissie - Longest Road (deadmau5 remix)
  • Genre: Progressive House
  • Description: A building and intense tune that totally outshines Morgan Page’s original work, 2008 Deadmau5 shows his utter genius at making 8 minute songs too short and leaving you needing 20 minutes more.

(%) Omega-Xis

Last edited:
  • PS! Username: Mezari

David Bowie - Stay
Genre- Funk Rock/Blue Eyed Soul

David Bowie classic track from the amazing Station to Station album (1976). This is a very funky and danceable tune, and it also features amazing guitar work by Earl Slick.

Radiohead - Identikit
Genre- Alternative Rock/ Art Rock

This song is featured on the latest Radiohead album, A Moon Shaped Pool, although this version is slightly different from the studio one, and for me, slightly better. This is a spooky ballad (?) and feautures the recognizable and unsettling Thom Yorke falsetto. This is definetly one of the better Radiohead songs in recent years.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: June 3rd through June 9th
(@) Hallowed Thoughts
  • Song: Chance the Rapper - Summer Friends
  • Description: This song on Chance's new album Coloring Book depicts the violence that plagues Chicago. This song features solid bars, a vivid story, and a wonderful outro that carries amazing vibes as Chance is known to create.

(@) Doom Metal
  • Song: Necro Schizma - Erupted Evil
  • Genre: Death/Doom
  • Description: One of the first doom/death metal bands out there. literally slowed down death metal

(@) John

• Song: Rory Gallagher - Bad Penny
  • Genre: Blues Rock
  • Description: A very talented, yet underrated blues rock guitarist from Ireland. Huge influence on Thin Lizzy, among others.

(@) Paradise~

(#) Albert
  • Song: Flume - Like Water (feat. MNDR)
  • Genre: Experimental EDM
  • Description: Taken from Flume's new album 'Skin' that dropped earlier this week, this song features a mix of impressive atmospheric melodies with stunning filtered vocals. Overall a really chill track.

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Route 94 - My Love (T-Mass Remix)
  • Genre: Trap/Future Bass
  • Description: Incredibly hot tune with drops that will guarantee you to go 10 mph faster in the car.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: P!nk - Just Like Fire
  • Genre: Punk Pop
  • Description: Really missed my girl P!nk. What a great way to start her comeback! The song is classic P!nk with the sassy attitude and punk influence to it. Any fan of hers will not be disappointed.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Hi everyone.

Due to technical difficulties (I spilled wine all over my laptop the other day and had to wait for my new one to come in the mail), this week's song recommendations will be posted at some point tomorrow (June 11th).

Thanks for understanding how serious my first-world problem was.

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: June 10th - June 16th
(@) Hallowed Thoughts

(@) Doom Metal
  • Song: Grief - Earthworm
  • Genre: Sludge Metal
  • Description:the sound of something crawling out of the gutters jsut to writhe and scream obscenities at the sky before dying

(#) Amingo

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Fifth Harmony - Work from Home ft. Ty Dolla $ign
  • Description: This song has helped me through a miserable week of working, and I think it needs a shoutout for that alone. I also love the song for the catchiness it has. While it might not mean anything lyric-wise, it's still a fun one.

(@) John
  • Song: Pat Hare - I'm Gonna Murder My Baby
  • Genre: Blues
  • Description: Blues from 1954. Pat Hare was one of the first to use heavy distortion and power chords in his music, paving the way for hard rock and metal. This song is pretty morbid as 9 years later, he was actually imprisoned for shooting his girlfriend.

(%) Omega-Xis

(@) Paradise~
  • Song: Kid Ink - Cool Back
  • Genre: Hip-hop
  • Description: Smooth beat coupled with a smooth flow.

(#) Albert

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: June 17th through June 23rd

(@) Doom Metal

• Song: Iron Man - On the Mountain
  • Genre: Doom Metal
  • Description: One of the best bands of the legendary maryland doom metal scene

(#) Albert
  • Song: SZA - twoAM
  • Genre: R&B
  • Description: I've been bumping this all week. Really excited for a new SZA album.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Lady Gaga - The Edge of Glory
  • Description: Probably my favorite Gaga song. I am posting this throwback, because it's summertime, and this song used to be a summer nam for me. Kinda reminiscing of older music atm, and this reflects the time of my scope atm.

(@) Ace
  • Song: Milla Jovovich — Electric Sky
  • Description: Lately I've been coming back to this song a lot, for some reason. It's unusual, addictive and I love it.

(%) Omega-Xis

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: June 24th through June 30th

(@) Paradise~

• Song: Moondog - Bird's Lament (ft. the London Saxophonic Orchestra)
  • Genre: Classic Jazz
  • Description: After hearing about the death of his friend and jazz saxophonist, Charlie "Bird" Parker, Moondog wrote this short piece in memoriam in 1969. You'll probably recognize it if you've watched Pineapple Express.

(@) MonoMire

(@) Doom Metal

(#) Amingo

(%) Omega-Xis

(#) Albert

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of July 1st through July 7th

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Ellie Goulding - Lights
  • Description: A throwback summertime jam, and the song that introduced me to Ellie. I love the music and how it well supports her beautiful soprano voice.

(@) Paradise~

(@) Hallowed Thoughts
  • Song: Joey Bada$$ - World Domination
  • Description: A fantastic song coming off of Joey's 1999 mixtape. Short yet packed full of lyrics, with a nice hook that captures many people's reactions when they first hear of Joey Bada$$.

(#) Amingo

(#) Albert

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: July 8th through July 14th

(#) Amingo

• Song: Metroid Metal - Bryyo
  • Genre: Game/Instrumental
  • Description: A nice little remix/interpretation. Metroid Metal does more than a simple remix, they add their own jam to the songs.

(#) Don't Lose
  • Song: Futuristic - The Greatest
  • Description: A pretty fast-paced, hype you up, type of song! This is one of those songs that makes you feel like you can do anything.

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Marina and the Diamonds - Oh No!
  • Genre: Indie Pop, New Wave, Dance Pop, Bubblegum Pop
  • Description: I've recently gotten into Marina, and this song reflects her bubbly and fun side. It's my favorite song of hers so far. I find that Marina always offers something unique to the table, and I really appreciate her artistic flare in her music.

(@) Paradise~

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Khamsin - Maelstrom
  • Description: Very intense and brooding song with mindblowing drops.

(#) Albert

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: July 15th through July 21st
(#) Amingo

(@) Doom Metal

(@) Sigilyph

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Zara Larsson - Lush Life
  • Genre: Dance Pop/ElectroPop
  • Description: This song was introduced to me a while ago, and I wasn't impressed with it, but after a revamp of hearing it, I found that it's super catchy and lighthearted, which is one of its greatest assets to it. I look forward to Larsson in the future.

(#) Albert

(@) John

Last edited:

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: July 22nd through July 28th

(@)MonoMire
  • Song: Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
  • Genre: Alternative Rock
  • Description: Had the chance to watch these guys perform live, and man this was probably my favorite performance of the night, was very well performed and I loved it.

(#) Amingo

(@) Paradise~

(@) Sigilyph
  • Song: Dimension - Digital World
  • Genre: Drum & Bass
  • Description: INSANE tune, driving bassline and excellent beats make it impossible to go the speed limit when on the road.

(@) John

(@) Brrandon
  • Song: Sia (feat. Sean Paul) - Cheap Thrills
  • Genre: Pop/Electropop with a hint of reggae
  • Description: I really love Sia, and she never ceases to amaze me with her deep and thoughtful lyrics. This song tells how you don't need money to have fun/life in general. I like the idea.

(#) Albert

truedrew

Banned deucer.
  • PS! Username: T R U E D R E W
  • Song: Never Be Like You (Flume Cover) Crywolf
  • Genre: #Indie Electronic
  • Description: Crywolf has been one of the rare gems from soundcloud who has had an actual impact. His hauntingly beautiful voice alongside his amazing ear to melody makes this cover truly amazing. I highly recommend that you listen to this with earphones to appreciate the effort taken into making the cover!

Albert.

visually stimulating
Song Recommendations: Week of: July 29th through August 4th

(@) pookie

• Song: The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
  • Genre:Alternative
  • Description: I like the instrumentals and this song in general. Nostalgia, etc. Nothing too complicated here! ^_^

(#) Albert

(@) Doom Metal

(@) John

(%) Mezari

(@) Paradise~
  • Song: Joey Bada$$ - Devasted
  • Genre: Hip-Hop
  • Description: Devasted offers a very different sound from traditional Joey Bada$$, but it still has the quality and consistent lyricism that put Joey on the map in the first place.

(#) Amingo

(@) MonoMire

(@) Brrandon

Mezari has been promoted to driver this week, so he is now on the master list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)