The Smogon tattoos and body piercings thread

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I did a search and couldn't find any similar threads so I apologize if this is a repeat.

So I'm curious as to how many Smogonites are inked up or have piercings, and if so what you all have? I had my left ear pierced when I was 17 but I recently lost all my piercings so I've allowed it to close up after 5 years. I currently have two tattoos and plan to get a couple more. I have mount Everest, a spade (like a playing card spade) and a Phoenix going from the middle of my right bicep up to my shoulder and a tribal styled eagle on my right pec. Gonna get something to join the two so that it all looks like one piece (I'll edit this and post photos of what I have so far once I'm home).

What do you guys have? And if not, have you considered getting anything?

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My friends and I have discussed getting our ears pierced before, and I'm starting to seriously consider it. Just a question though, does it hurt? I've heard it stings a bit, which isn't an issue, though some friends of mine that have had their ears pierced said that it feels sore for a day afterwards.

My friends and I have discussed getting our ears pierced before, and I'm starting to seriously consider it. Just a question though, does it hurt? I've heard it stings a bit, which isn't an issue, though some friends of mine that have had their ears pierced said that it feels sore for a day afterwards.
I'd like to know this, too. I've always wanted to get my ears pierced (despite my family's likely opposition lol), and I've now begun to start seriously considering it, as well! :)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've heard it depends where abouts in your ear you get it pierced! A basic lobe piercing doesn't hurt at all, it's literally a small sting that lasts a second! There's a reason you see little kids getting them all the time (with their parents supervising). I've heard some of the other parts might hurt more though! Only one way to find out :-)

Stallion pics plz

No tats for me till I leave the house. Can't insult the parents. Never even considered piercings. Always thought piercings would look creepy as hell on me.

I have had all sorts of piercings, my most recent being "angel bites", double upper lip piecings. If you think you might get into any fights at all, refrain from face piercings and big gauges! Last time I got popped in the face I got a fat lip which should have never happened.
I have red and black stars on my back and "GTS" on my thumb. Would like more ink but never motivated enough to save the $. My piercing phase was 14-22 and I am kinda over them now. RIP angelbites, medusa, vertical labret, labret, tragus, double nipple piercings, anti-eyebrow, belly button piercings, all gone. I stretched my ears to a 6 but letthem go back. I still have my nostril and tongue pierced, and I guess 3 in each lobe, but whatevs.

If I am still failing at life by age 30, I will get some face tattoos.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ive thought about getting some tats, but since I've never really 'felt strongly' about any of my ideas i've put it aside recently. Also tats are expensive (and 'the more money you spend the better youll feel' applies when it comes to tattoos imo). I thought about getting a buddhist-style phoenix, like from the eponymous manga by Tezuka, and I even had it as a henna tattoo for a couple months. I'd be interested to see a pic of your phoenix Stallion.

I guess I'm still trying to figure out my shit in regards to other elements of body art, and I don't do any work that requires me to be super interesting/hot looking atm, but I do go into a lot of situations where I would have to cover any tats I had, so that also makes me hesitant about getting a tattoo.

Also I'm worried about going from having no piercings/tats to having really notice-able ones. All my ideas for tats would be very large ones, and the piercing set-up that I want involves piercing one ear and piercing my eyebrow and running a thin 'chain' from the ear piercing to the eyebrow piercing. I need to get some less ambitious piercing ideas.

I have a 20mm stretched ear and have three tattoos at the moment, I used to have my nose and lip pierced but they started to really annoy me so I took them out after about 3/4 months of having them in.

I have a shuriken with a ying yang on my shoulder, Japanese kanji on my wrist and a bobba fett tattoo above my ankle.

I'm not really one for piercings now because I can see myself just getting frustrated with them after a while, I'll be more than likely investing my money in the future in to filling my right sleeve and left calf/leg

Ohioisonfire - Lip piercings such as snake bites aren't that painful to have done + I think the only time you'll get an infection from a mouth related piercing is if you're not hygienic and don't brush your teeth/mouth wash regularly or just fiddle with the bar all the time which isn't good for the piercing at all.

Stallion

Tree Young
I have a 20mm stretched ear and have three tattoos at the moment, I used to have my nose and lip pierced but they started to really annoy me so I took them out after about 3/4 months of having them in.

I have a shuriken with a ying yang on my shoulder, Japanese kanji on my wrist and a bobba fett tattoo above my ankle.

I'm not really one for piercings now because I can see myself just getting frustrated with them after a while, I'll be more than likely investing my money in the future in to filling my right sleeve and left calf/leg

Ohioisonfire - Lip piercings such as snake bites aren't that painful to have done + I think the only time you'll get an infection from a mouth related piercing is if you're not hygienic and don't brush your teeth/mouth wash regularly or just fiddle with the bar all the time which isn't good for the piercing at all.
Photos of your tatts please if you don't mind sharing? They sound pretty sweet!

always thought about getting a mayan sun tattoed in the palm of my hand. i never will, though. some issues would be namely, i'm a classical musician, so my hands are very visible very frequently, and i would very much like to get a job, which is already hard enough as is. also, i feel like it would not age well in that location. also, it would be really intricate and would likely hurt like hell.

Stallion

Tree Young
always thought about getting a mayan sun tattoed in the palm of my hand. i never will, though. some issues would be namely, i'm a classical musician, so my hands are very visible very frequently, and i would very much like to get a job, which is already hard enough as is. also, i feel like it would not age well in that location. also, it would be really intricate and would likely hurt like hell.
Good option. Personally I refuse to get anything lower than 2/3 of the way down my arm or on my neck/face because I don't want to limit my job opportunities

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Having ears pierced doesn't hurt at all. I got mine pierced and it was next to painless. Tattoos on the other hand hurt like shit lol.

But I probably just had a bad experience, I only have one small one, and it was done when I was massively drunk by a rank amateur.

I was considering getting a sleeve down to about my elbow of pokemon and other old school nintendo/sony characters. Only issue is I have 0 creative ability in terms of drawing/design. But I really want that Dragonite, Link and Crash Bandicoot on my arm :(

I'm planning on tattooing 'Thank you, friend.' in Japanese on my underarm. It refers to a really good friend of mine who has committed suicide. He was Japanese, and we shared a lot of interests regarding Japan. I don't really know why I haven't done it yet, though.

I'm planning to get a tatto of a Hyperbola in a square on my arm, but I'll probs go Japan first; due to the whole Bathhouse thing.

I've always wanted tats/piercings but the cost is prohibitive for me. I mean, I make plenty of money but there are other things I am way more passionate about and would rather spend my money on. One day, perhaps it will find its way to the top of my list of priorities.

I would never get anything in color, and never anything not covered by clothing. I've got appearances to keep up in my line of work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)