Playoffs The Smogon Classic III - Playoffs [Won by giara]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old friend dice has been try Harding for many years now.

Rooting for you bud. Your time has come!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
predicting dice to win, gl both
bw - dice [60] vs giara [40] - dice has been on fire here and has to be in the conversation for being in the top handful of BWers this year. there is really no doutbing his abilities here, always using pretty interesting teams without compromising effectiveness. he has also played really well in almost all of his BW games so far, so that's another big point in his favor. giara has used some interesting teams, but he has resorted to unpokemon, such as Celebi, and has stumbled through games a few times, so definitely favoring dice here despite giara being a past-BW Cup winner

dpp - dice [45] vs giara [55] - this is probably one of giara's best tiers despite him probably going a bit under the radar when it comes to dpp. he has managed to be relatively successful in the tier and i am not sure if he has anyone's help or he just does a really solid job preparing, but i think all of his team choices so far have been on point. dice is nothing to really laugh at in dpp, seeing as he has had success in the tier in the past and even did well in it back when it was in smogtour, but i do not think he excels in it compared to other tiers whereas you can make that argument for giara, so I think he has a slight edge here

adv - dice [55] vs giara [45] - dice has played adv a lot lately, most notably in WCOP r1, while giara has done well in some of his recent adv games, too (cup and these playoffs). i feel like dice has a stronger grasp on the tier and probably is just the better overall player as of late, winning in a lot more impressive fashions and without having to bank on some of the things giara has had to in the cup and even in some of his playoff games. not to really take away from his run so far, but I definitely think dice being the better overall player of the two, in my eyes, is where the slight separation comes here as both know the tier and should bring solid teams given their track records here

gsc - dice [50] vs giara [50] - pretty close one here, probably the second most interesting for me personally (behind bw, ofc). i feel like giara is the conventional favorite here because he did take up gsc and do pretty well in it over the past few years until he ran into a rough patch this spl, but even then he still has taken some games this classic and you really cannot discount him against someone who isn't a true gsc main. with that said, for someone who isn't a true gsc main, dice obviously knows how to play the tier, as gsc cup and his playoff games have shown, so i expect a close game here. whoever brings Machamp probably wins x]

rby - dice [60] vs giara [40] - feel like rby is dice's spirit tier or something, he always seems to be on-point here. obviously, there's the element of .odds, which very easily can favor giara, but i think that dice's grasp on rby is at an SPL level and he can compete with just about anyone whereas giara is competent, but does not stand out too much. i think that dice is the clear favorite in this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)