The NU Open V - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I find this activity claim a bit ridiculous. My opponent did not inform me at all that he was sick, and only offered one time for us to play. I thought this time would probably work but I wasn't entirely sure, so I asked to clarify whether he needed it to be a strict time or it was more like a "on this day i'll be free for a few hours around this time" and he responded "I will be able to stick around for an hour or two so no worries," which in no way indicates to me that "i'm sick and waiting for you will be unbearable for me so please treat this like a hard scheduled time otherwise i'm going to call activity on you even though there are at least a few more days till the deadline." I agree that this wouldn't have been a problem if I was able to be on my computer at 7, but it was simply out of my control since I can't just go against whatever my parents bring up, which is why I try to schedule for times where I know nothing will come up, or if my opponent is generously available, for times where I know i'll be able to get online within the time range at some point. Looking back on this I definitely could have been more thorough myself with the scheduling, but judging by the SPL scheduling guidelines, I don't really feel my opponent has grounds for an activity.

Also Kiyo what is the deadline? I haven't found one in the op and iirc I made a post about it earlier as well.
I come online to check for a response and I got this so oh boy. I wasn't sick at the time of scheduling, rather I caught it from my mom these last couple of days, which while being an inconvenience, also makes it so I'm a lot more constricted in my availability. Also I did stick around for at least an hour like I said I would, so I conformed to exactly what I said I would do. I understand it may not be entirely under your control that you missed the scheduled time, but that doesn't excuse the fact that you did miss it. I'm incapacitated for the foreseeable future and I was there for the scheduled time we agreed to where as you were weren't. I've also made it a point to let you know that if things change and we have a timeslot that we can both conform to and Im not feeling like complete shit Im more then happy to get this done. But as of now you missed the time and I see no reason as to why I shouldn't be able to claim activity unless we can find a time to get this done.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I come online to check for a response and I got this so oh boy. I wasn't sick at the time of scheduling, rather I caught it from my mom these last couple of days, which while being an inconvenience, also makes it so I'm a lot more constricted in my availability. Also I did stick around for at least an hour like I said I would, so I conformed to exactly what I said I would do. I understand it may not be entirely under your control that you missed the scheduled time, but that doesn't excuse the fact that you did miss it. I'm incapacitated for the foreseeable future and I was there for the scheduled time we agreed to where as you were weren't. I've also made it a point to let you know that if things change and we have a timeslot that we can both conform to and Im not feeling like complete shit Im more then happy to get this done. But as of now you missed the time and I see no reason as to why I shouldn't be able to claim activity unless we can find a time to get this done.
I'm not some psychic to know everything thats going on in your life and how it will effect your ability to play or the meaning of what you said. If you can be on to check in within the hour, why don't you just play me?

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm not some psychic to know everything thats going on in your life and how it will effect your ability to play or the meaning of what you said. If you can be on to check in within the hour, why don't you just play me?
I checked to see if you were on ps right after I replied, which you were not. Also that psychic comment has no bearing. It doesn't matter in which context you take what I said, it was the scheduled time we agreed upon and you missed it. I don't get how that doesn't put you at fault.

e. also when you said I didn't give 3 times, if you read the guidelines it states first contact[you] should give 3 timeslots, not second contact[me]. You are the one who actually neglected to follow the guidelines, which just further strengthens my case.

Last edited:

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The crux of your argument is that I missed the scheduled time (which is true in some sense, but its not really the complete truth when you consider the context of it), and my "psychic comment" is relevant because knowing your situation is crucial to my understanding of how the scheduled time was intended to function.

When your first response ends in an "n_n" and your next response to my concerns about time flexibility is "I will be able to stick around for an hour or two so no worries lol," my understanding is that its ok if i'm not able to come on right at 7 or even a while after because you're intending to just be hanging around online for a while around that time. For me, coming on at 8 is not really missing the scheduled time (at least in a way that will present a problem) because you were going to be on for a while anyway (so no worries lol).

When this situation changes, its pretty fair for me to expect that you can just inform me of that, so I can adjust my plans or the scheduled time as necessary. If you never tell me anything, you can't expect me to know it and suddenly gleam a new meaning from whatever you said. This is not only theoretically meaningful, but also tangibly relevant. I had scheduled some plans for wedneday evening instead of thursday keeping in mind that we had scheduled our game for then, but because an unexpected issue came up, I was forced to move it to thursday without much say or control in the matter. I would have said something about this that day itself so we could find a better time or refine our scheduling, but based on what you had communicated, it didn't seem necessary at all (and when i first asked "just in case something comes up..." your response made me feel like I really shouldn't worry at all about the matter and that it may just be an unecessary hassle for you to worry about the scheduling anymore (cuz "no worries lol", right?)). Since you never said anything to me, I had no way of knowing that this could become an issue of me missing the scheduled time and you potentially not having any other time before the deadline to play, and I also have no way to more securely ensure that we can play.

Also you don't seem too incapacitated to me seeing as you posted twice within the hour and edited one of your posts 15 minutes later, even though you "honestly just need to sleep". Have some rest tonight and lmk when you can play tomorrow, I will be free until I have to catch a flight (so around or before 3). Don't worry, I won't turn on the timer if you have to puke or lie down for a few minutes. Playing me will be easier than trying to fight this out. If you want to discuss this more instead of playing, I think we should move back to your wall instead of cluttering up this thread.

opponent missed scheduled time, hopefully we can reschedule before deadline, but activity for now I guess

edit: opponent said I can take win

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my dude missed scheduled yday and didnt get any news, as i said to him id available these 2 days and still didnt appear. so act.

Igniizard

formerly denger
Calling activity on badabing since no response from this dude from day 1 of round 3 and it'll be really hard for me to schedule a time on the deadlines

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
FlamingVictini
Paraplegic

Do everything in your power to get a game scheduled please, as it is right now I'm favoring a coinflip to be honest. While I understand that FlamingVictini missed a loosely scheduled time I feel its unreasonable for Paraplegic to be online posting multiple times per day on both FlamingVictini's wall and itt and yet he cannot find a time to play. To quote the tournament guildlines:
Typically, if someone misses a scheduled time, the person who missed the scheduled time will receive the activity loss, while the person who showed up to the scheduled time will receive the activity win. Only in the case where someone clearly refuses to schedule another time for no apparent reason should the match not be declared in favor of the person who showed up.
I realize that there is an "apparent reason" for Paraplegic to be restricted in scheduling, but again I feel its unreasonable to refuse to play given his level of activity on Vm walls and itt.

You have until Monday the 22nd at 8AM PST to complete your game within the scheduled timeframe. I'd be willing to grant a small extension due to FlamingVictini's high level of activity and Paraplegic's circumstances but only if you can agree on a time to play.

Le Sabreur

My opponent missed the scheduled time and hasn't even logged onto Smogon since Wednesday to see my latest VMs on his wall. I will still be available to play tomorrow at the same time

Le Sabreur

My opponent missed the scheduled time and hasn't even logged onto Smogon since Wednesday to see my latest VMs on his wall. I will still be available to play tomorrow at the same time
I didn t miss the time as we scheduled to play on sunday not on saturday , I was on vacation until saturday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)