The NU Open V - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Once again, thanks to Bummer for this artwork​
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard ORAS NU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! preferrably, on the smogtours server.
  • Please post your replays along with your win/loss post.
  • ORAS cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
  • Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Speed

Schedule:
For reference, all the threads will be posted at times that are convenient for me, which means you'll likely see them around noon pst (gmt-7) that day at the latest.
Jul 21: Signups
Jul 25: Round 1
Aug 4: Round 2
Aug 13: Round 3
Aug 22: Round 4
Aug 29: Round 5
Sep 5: Round 6
Sep 12: Round 7
Sep 19: Round 8​
Round Deadlines will be 8:00AM PST (gmt-7) the day the next scheduled round is supposed to go up. i.e. if round 2 goes up on august 4th, round 1 will end august 4th at 8am pst, etc.

FOR THIS ROUND ONLY PLAYERS CAN PICK WETHER THEY PLAY WITH THE NEW TIER SHIFTS OR NOT. IN CASE OF A DISAGREEMENT, THE POST-SHIFT METAGAME WILL BE USED. ALL SUBSEQUENT ROUNDS WILL USE THE POST-SHIFT METAGAME. IF A PLAYER BRINGS AN ILLEGAL POKEMON AFTER AGREEING TO THE PRE-DROPS METAGAME THEY WILL FORFEIT THAT GAME BUT CAN CONTINUE WITH THE SET. (I.E. I WIN GAME 1, BRING AN ILLEGAL MON GAME 2 SO I LOSE THAT ONE, AND CAN STILL PLAY AND WIN THE THIRD TO WIN THE SET 2-1)

Pairings:

IF YOU HAVE TWO OPPONENTS LISTED IN PARANTHESES, IT MEANS THEY WERE GRANTED AN EXTENSION AND HAVE UNTIL SUNDAY TO FINISH THEIR GAME. YOU WILL PLAY THE WINNER. A REMINDER TO EVERYONE THAT PROPER SCHEDULING IS THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF IN THE EVENT YOUR GAME GOES TO AN ACTIVITY DECISION, AND THAT I WILL ONLY ACCEPT VM COMMUNICATION AS GROUNDS FOR ACTIVITY WINS OUTSIDE OF CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.

Steve Angello vs Luck O' the Irish
Mambo vs failsohard
HJAD vs Pohjis
Bostonl1 vs Mr. Highways
HANTSUKI vs (DTC vs Joshz)
NicoReaper vs (SilentVerse vs Eyan)
RedMaxx vs TUO
soTsoT vs trash
Der Schweinsteiger vs Villa
(Meru vs rural) vs Level 56
HSA vs Scalar
(Hairy Toenail vs Haruno) vs nLTk
0kay vs benbe
denger vs lighthouses
Alice Kazumi vs Finding True Love
Jayde vs Ov3r Ac3
Ciele vs Robert Alfons
xzern vs 0Nl
LJDarkrai vs Chill Shadow
Starmei vs PDC
TTFTW vs Peli
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo vs Serpi386
Fiend vs Clay Johnson
-Tsunami- vs Derk
dodmen vs Silverwhiteblue
Karppi vs BiscuitSpartan
Jarii vs LuckOverSkill
Adaam vs ABR
PrinceLucian vs EnemyJurist
(Hec vs Bongi) vs CyberOdin
Cranham vs Improbable
Lolk vs Hachimaki98
fran17 vs FlamingVictini
sugarhigh vs Sopheon
Updated Kanto vs Zenadark
Pearl vs Pepeduce
-Snow vs (Terraquaza vs Orphic)
z0mOG vs (rob. vs Mazz)
SoulWind vs ZoroDark
Tangelo vs Donny P
(JabbaTheGriffin vs Aberforth) vs WreckDra
skrubrekker69 vs Sacri'
Ajna vs passion
Kingler12345 vs MikeDecIsHere
Paraplegic vs Euli94
Zarif vs Nido-Rus
Sanjay. vs Realistic Waters
Pak vs Duncajuwon
soulgazer vs Mr.378
Laurens vs majaspic22
Umbra Soul vs Threw
Tricking vs captivity
FullLifeGames vs Hootie
Holiday vs Andromeda.
(xXEricXx vs Marshall.Law) vs Finchinator
UmPM vs Sapientia
Confide. vs Liones
Allstar vs Cicada
sand1234 vs Killua kun
AM vs ggggd
Ice Tea vs Wind Ice
Syncrasy vs JCM.
S.J.SAKIB vs Capt. KnightWalker
cryalot vs The Leprechaun
Aramonia vs Omfuga
p2 vs Advantage
Teddeh vs (TheGreenScizor vs rnbs)
PasY_G vs Lord Outrage
Evan. vs Star.
Asukara vs TDK
Xyldaz vs Welli0u
FLCL vs Infamy
Hack vs Level 51
Heysup vs Gastrik
boltsandbombers vs Energy
DennisEG vs Dundies
Lacus Clyne vs Leru
Christo. vs RyanX
(Fireburn vs NightFox) vs Natural History
Axel™ vs (Mix vs Shadestep)
MetalGro$$ vs badabing
groudon518 vs Stax
TonyFlygon vs Dancii
Memento Ein vs Adaire
Carmina Burana vs Jets
blinkboy vs amber lamps
Le Sabreur vs prooo
ZoroarkForever vs Megazard
TurboBlazeIV vs fatty
BigHairyPenguin vs Dibs The Dreamer
Endal vs atomicllamas
papai noel vs RawMelon
Ren-chon vs tko
wisc vs Guilas D
Weegah vs The Idiot Ninja
Lepros vs Team Pokepals

EXTENSION DEADLINE: AUGUST 7TH 8:00AM PST
ROUND 2 DEADLINE: AUGUST 13TH 8:00AM PST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)