The NFL Fantasy Football Thread, 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've always thought a round robin style of every team playing every other team each week would be fun, but I'm not sure of any websites that it would do it.

Overall win rate vs every team over the course of the year is probably the best estimator of how good a team is and how worthy they are of playoff spots
I agree, but no platforms do a setup like that. Short of mre and myself agreeing to give up our spots to biggie and stallion (I'm willing to if he is), this is how it has to be.

i might be here venting next week

my big money league plays the playoffs weeks 15-17, so this is the last week of the regular season.

Right now I'm 8-5, and have a chance of getting the #1 seed, and a larger chance of losing and becoming the #7 seed and missing the playoffs. Right now there are 5 8-5 teams, 1 9-4 team, and 1 7-6 team, and if I lose next week I would be losing the tiebreaker to all of the 8-5/7-6 teams except one.

Of course, if I win and 3 other games go the right way, I get the tiebreaker over the 9-4 team and become the #1 seed. fantasy's a bitch

my big money league plays the playoffs weeks 15-17, so this is the last week of the regular season.

Right now I'm 8-5, and have a chance of getting the #1 seed, and a larger chance of losing and becoming the #7 seed and missing the playoffs. Right now there are 5 8-5 teams, 1 9-4 team, and 1 7-6 team, and if I lose next week I would be losing the tiebreaker to all of the 8-5/7-6 teams except one.

Of course, if I win and 3 other games go the right way, I get the tiebreaker over the 9-4 team and become the #1 seed. fantasy's a bitch
I feel like we had this discussion before (last year maybe?), but playing in money leagues with Week 17 'ships? Yuck

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm in a pickle here guys. In my money league I have to choose two of the following rbs:

Demarco Murray, derrick Henry, Theo Riddick, rod Smith, matt forte, and Jonathan Stewart.

League is full ppr. Pretty sure my rb1 will be Murray but honestly this is like choosing from seven rb3s and it sucks. Halp!

So I'm in a pickle here guys. In my money league I have to choose two of the following rbs:

Demarco Murray, derrick Henry, Theo Riddick, rod Smith, matt forte, and Jonathan Stewart.

League is full ppr. Pretty sure my rb1 will be Murray but honestly this is like choosing from seven rb3s and it sucks. Halp!
Forte isn't that bad really, at least in PPR.

Also, take away Henry's 75 yarder and he had a 3.4 YPC on Sunday. Still, outproducing Murray with the even carries.

Either Henry or Forte.

Does it matter? You're gonna guess wrong anyway.

Murray has been so underwhelming practically all year and incredibly inconsistent. Unfortunately, so have all your other RBs.

Id go Smith for that random blowout game vs the Giants.

There's nooooooooo other options out there?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Ugh and to make things worse in that same league I have Julio, and matty ice decides now is the time to have the worst game of his career. Not a great start to the weekend but hopefully I can rebound.

"Fightin Garbage Cans is a winning name, which might be why you just won."

I just noticed that this was in my last week recap lol. Such a winning name that I went 5-8 with that team.

This week, I don't actually have to worry about fantasy football for once because both of my playoff fantasy teams have byes, so that gives me have time to hope some of my players get their act together for the big Week 15 matchups. Best of luck to everyone trying to move onto the next round.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
WaterBomb did you choose the wrong rb's? Lul

I need Landry to have less than 15 points tonight to win my league b matchup
I chose Riddick and Murray. Rod Smith and jstew scored a combined 66 points on my bench. Although it wouldn't have mattered, even with my optimal lineup I still would have lost because my opponent scored 209 points -_-

Tense playoff game in League A for me. I need fewer than 27 points for Burkhead, Gostokowski, and NE D. Also, I'm a Dolphins fan and a win here keeps our slim playoff hopes alive.

I am 100% ready for the Dolphins to disappoint me once again.

Man, I'd be so much in a better spot if I had chosen the right WR over Docston. Tonight's game will be nerve wracking. Hogan needs to get his ass back on the bench and heal and stay away from Burkhead's touches.

Update: I can still get the #1, #2, #3, #6, or #7 seeds. What a shitshow

Well, I'm out. Missed by only the wrong WR out of four and the wrong DST out of two. Totally coulda won if the Shitriots didn't decide to suck epic balls. Hopefully, they'll lose out from here. Fuck them. Almost screwed me in another league.

That said, good game to opponent. Very close match. Proud of what I was able to manage out of my A team. Autodrafted DJ, Winston, and even Ware (yeah, thanks Yahoo). Started 0-3, then cranked it up past the midway point with the alterations I've made. I believe I actually have the highest score since week eight. Good luck to the rest.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
League B going out there and putting up 160+ on fools in week 1 of the playoffs. Dynasty survived the Wentz injury and came up with the W too

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
same but drafted newton yo... oh shit I forgot Rodgers returning (from injury) would also mean Jordy Nelson returning (from the depths of Hundley hell)

"If Dak's What She Said had played every team in the league each week, they would be 75-75." Look at me, I'm the definition of average.

Last edited:
this is going to be a roughhhhhh weekend in the playoffs.

receivers are weak af, but hoping for some big turnouts.

I'm officially... finally.. benching AJ Green. Thanks for a few nice weeks, and no idea how you are close to Top 5 WRs this year.. but no way I risk it vs Vikings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)