The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

TBF, it also has a Base 42 Special Attack. It wasn't going to do much anyways.
I kind of figured it was physically-focused, but now I have to pick a new Water-type for coverage (since my team is Torracat/Tsareena/Toucannon/Alolan Grimer/Mudsdale). So now my options are down to a Bruxish, Araquanid, or Silvally-Water (Pyukumuku can't learn any attacks and Toxapex isn't much good offensively). Personally I'm going for Silvally because I just really want to use one on my team.

EDIT: Oh, and the reason for this is because I gave myself a personal rule: Only Alolans or Alolan Forms. I want to experience the new guys up close and personal, and they're impressing me.

I kind of figured it was physically-focused, but now I have to pick a new Water-type for coverage (since my team is Torracat/Tsareena/Toucannon/Alolan Grimer/Mudsdale). So now my options are down to a Bruxish, Araquanid, or Silvally-Water (Pyukumuku can't learn any attacks and Toxapex isn't much good offensively). Personally I'm going for Silvally because I just really want to use one on my team.

EDIT: Oh, and the reason for this is because I gave myself a personal rule: Only Alolans or Alolan Forms. I want to experience the new guys up close and personal, and they're impressing me.
He learns Crabhammer at level 37 IIRC. Solid Water move, and almost perfect coverage with Ice/Fighting move except against Water/Poison, Water/Fairy, Water/Ghost pokemon

Silvally is not really an option, though, as Type: Null isn't available until post-game. (which is also when you're given all 17 type memories for when it evolves into Silvally) Wishiwashi and Golisopod are surprisingly good, albeit require a bit of babying initially. (getting to level 20 so Schooling can activate and getting Wimpod to level 30 for it to evolve respectively. Hording Rare Candies for them helps)

He learns Crabhammer at level 37 IIRC. Solid Water move, and almost perfect coverage with Ice/Fighting move except against Water/Poison, Water/Fairy, Water/Ghost pokemon
Oh cool, I'm only one level off from that.

I also have a new one: My Alolan Grimer failed to run away.

From a Level 26 Magikarp.

More like poor communications, but when we couldn't direct trade, I had my friend deposit my Milotic asking for a Zubat in GTS instead of me depositing Zubat for Milotic. Unsurprisingly, it was lost to Arceus knows where....

3 hours effort gone... I was too tired to be mad....
Ooh, I feel your pain.

In the Battle Tree, I had my Aegislash up as my last Pokemon against Plumeria's Lurantis, her last pokemon.

Knowing it would be cake, I proceeded to set up sub and King's Shield my way to victory. I got confused when my second sub broke immediately though, after King's Shield stalling three times.

And then I realized it's a Contrary Lurantis and I had gotten it up to +6.

In the Battle Tree, I had my Aegislash up as my last Pokemon against Plumeria's Lurantis, her last pokemon.

Knowing it would be cake, I proceeded to set up sub and King's Shield my way to victory. I got confused when my second sub broke immediately though, after King's Shield stalling three times.

And then I realized it's a Contrary Lurantis and I had gotten it up to +6.
Anyone would underestimate a Lurantis :P

HeartGold:
Long story short, just got pokerus and thought it was a virus from gts. Deleted the game and search what is the meaning of pokerus. You know what happens to me next...

Leafgreen:
Got the master ball. Found a jigglypuff. I caught it thought cuz those things are hard to find/catch. Then I regret when I'm old enough to understand of pokemon.
Got me a Farfetch'd (not sure if its right) and close my game boy while saving. That was reeeally hard time to move on.

My first game was Alpha Sapphire (a little later than the others on this thread), and I made two major whoopsies while playing for the first time:

Note: Let it be known that I only knew about Pokemon through playing Pixelmon on and off for the last year or two, with no idea of HMs at the time, and had no access to the internet at the time (I was on holiday at a summer house).

1. Obviously, I had heard of Kyogre, and how good of a Pokemon it was. However, I found Kyogre to be helpful in a different way...
"Wow, Kyogre has access to Surf, Waterfall, Dive and Rock Smash? This will be so helpful in Victory Road!"

2. I remember the ORAS elite 4 to be crazy hard, so I went to train to face them again. However, I forgot what their levels actually were, and I didn't want to risk going back in there to check. I trained up my Swampert, Cobalion, Camerupt, Tropius, Latias and Luvdisc all the way to level 100 to be safe.

Also, after ORAS I played through X. As a random encounter, I found a shiny meditite in Connecting Cave. I was so excited that I ran around the house screaming, not noticing the red light flashing on my 3DS. One dead 3DS later, I was so close to resetting, but I didn't want to lose Sid the Froakie.

Skrelp...

My first game was Alpha Sapphire (a little later than the others on this thread), and I made two major whoopsies while playing for the first time:

Note: Let it be known that I only knew about Pokemon through playing Pixelmon on and off for the last year or two, with no idea of HMs at the time, and had no access to the internet at the time (I was on holiday at a summer house).

1. Obviously, I had heard of Kyogre, and how good of a Pokemon it was. However, I found Kyogre to be helpful in a different way...
"Wow, Kyogre has access to Surf, Waterfall, Dive and Rock Smash? This will be so helpful in Victory Road!"

2. I remember the ORAS elite 4 to be crazy hard, so I went to train to face them again. However, I forgot what their levels actually were, and I didn't want to risk going back in there to check. I trained up my Swampert, Cobalion, Camerupt, Tropius, Latias and Luvdisc all the way to level 100 to be safe.

Also, after ORAS I played through X. As a random encounter, I found a shiny meditite in Connecting Cave. I was so excited that I ran around the house screaming, not noticing the red light flashing on my 3DS. One dead 3DS later, I was so close to resetting, but I didn't want to lose Sid the Froakie.

Skrelp...
I also made a mistake similar to the one you made with the shiny Meditate, and with its evolved form, coincidentally enough.
I was playing Diamond all the way back in about 2010 and I caught a shiny Medicham and I had forgotten to save. 9 year old (it was a few months before my birthday) was not happy about losing a shiny like that.

Yesterday I found out that Pokerus doubles EV gain even after it wears off. I don't know how to feel…

So many EV trained mons are incorrectly trained…

Last edited:
Since I had a lot of Snow Warning Vulpix with good IVs, good natures and good Egg Moves that had come from Wonder Trade, I decided to breed one to have a Ninetales with Aurora Veil supporting some glass cannons I had.

It was a party of mistakes:
- Let's start with the fact the two parents had more than four Egg Moves. Guess which one didn't end up on the babies. (Moonblast, while things like Disable and Hypnosis were prioritized by the game)
- When I was still unaware about Moonblast, I picked up one of the babies, EV trained it and evolved it. Then I realized three things: It lacked Moonblast (a late realization), it did not have Snow Warning and it didn't even have good IVs. I wasted an Ice Stone on a bad Vulpix.

Wasted 3+ hours trying to find a Salamence in Route 3.

SOS chained like, 200+ Bagons and no Salamence appeared.

I either have terrible luck or shouldn't have wasted my time in the first place.

I threw my master ball 40 min after I got it in XY
at a abomnasnow that now sits forever in my PC box.
knowing it will never be used.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Way back when, around when I was 8 years old, I had finally obtained access to Mt. Silver. After spending days and weeks on Pokemon Soul Silver, I was finally ready to take on the so-called, "final boss" of the game. I was unfamiliar of it would be, and the mystery of who it was made me march onward up the mountain. When I finally made it to the top, I found him. "Who is this guy?" I thought to myself, as I approached him. I wasn't given a name, but I was certainly interested in how tough this battle would be. I was hoping that he would be someone I had already fought before, like Lance, or perhaps even someone like Lyra or Silver. However, I found myself battling a mysterious man, almost of the likes of Eusine. However, this guy seemed dead and didn't have much of a purpose, other than to be there. He said nothing, creating an effect of fear.

The battle had begun, and I led with my own starter: Feraligatr, in his 70s. He led with a Pikachu. "A Pikachu?" I thought, "Pfft, this is going to be easy." Or so I thought at the time. As soon as I read the level, I began to panic. Level 88 was some I'd yet to see before, so I was frightened by the power I would face. And face it I did, as my team got quickly swept by a Pikachu. I was unsure how to beat him, other than to get all my Pokemon up to his level. At the time, I didn't know how to develop a strategy, so I struggled more than I should've.

I finally was on the level of that Pikachu, level 88. I ended up beating his Pikachu with something (I don't remember), but the rest of his team proceeded to give me trouble. I eventually lost that battle as well. There was only one thing left to do, and that was to get my best Pokemon Dragonite up to level 100. That's exactly what I did, and I eventually beat Red with my first level 100, Dragonite.

What's so stupid about this? Well, there are a few things. I reset my save file when I got bored of it, and never got back to that point. I also didn't have to grind just the Dragonite, and could've grinded up the rest of my team to a lower level, but still one that would be able to take on his team. All in all, I was a very dumb child back then. I couldn't really tell of what was important and what wasn't in the Pokemon world. Rest assured, I'm much more knowledgeable now than I was back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)