The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

As a kid in Emerald version, I made sure to trade over a Latias because I love Latias. Now somehow since I was always breeding and doing battles in frontier or with friends and excelling quite a bit, I had a novel idea. Since you know the Latis had genders, and well Latias was female and Latios was male, they obviously can breed right? So you fucking can guess what I did, I stuck the pair of em in the daycare and biked and biked for days on end waiting for that baby Latias egg. Legend says im still waiting for that baby Latias egg to appear
Honestly I blame the Pokedex in part for saying that herds of Latias exist and thinking I would be some badass for somehow hatching a legendary that no one has ever done before. I also thought if I got it it would have Latios' signature move as an egg move, and I would be showing it off in battle and pwning my friends or some shit

Oh and I used to try to go to space a lot for Jirachi/Deoxys on the moon, I was told you had to go in the building on certain hours to find a secret staircase leading to a rocket appeared. Suffice to say that never happened no matter how much I tried for over a YEAR

A few months ago, I was about to RNG a Wondercard Shaymin in Pearl. Wondercard RNG in D/P/P isn't the easiest since there are moving NPCs in every single Poké Mart, and having to verify if I had hit my seed through coin flips while the NPCs were moving and advancing the frame at the same time made the whole process quite difficult (I later figured out how to get around this, but that's beside the point, can still tell if anyone wants to know though). Either way, this Shaymin was going to be my first Wondercard RNG on Pearl (and my first Wondercard RNG on Gen 4 in general). I knew that it would be difficult, but I was determined to get it done correctly. I started by making some tries through trial and error, not going into all the details but it was far from easy and I did not get my desired Shaymin. I then decided to try to re-save since the guide on the main site said to not save while any NPCs were moving and I was a bit unsure about my current situation. I got some random frame advancements, which made me wonder if I had saved while the NPC in the Mart was moving even if it didn't seem so. So before making yet another try, I saved my game again...

...except I had already recieved the Shaymin. Which I had obviously not managed to RNG correctly, leaving me with a Shaymin with a Quirky Nature and garbage IVs. I was quite unhappy afterwards because Shaymin is one of my favorite mythicals and I really wanted to get one with a good Nature and perfect IVs. I knew that I would get another chance on Diamond later on, but still. I really wanted this to go correctly.

Fortunately, this story still has a happy ending. I was able to get a second Shaymin on Pearl later on since there are two available Event Shaymin for D/P (one from TRU and one from Movie11). I did not know about this at first, I thought there were just one so I got very surprised but also happy when I got the second one. I could also get a third one through Oak's Letter (yes I know that it was not officially released for D/P but nothing about this was official anyway so lol). Plus, the experience I got from my first failed Shaymin turned out to be very useful for all of the other Wondercard Pokémon I successfully RNGed afterwards on Gen 4. I could probably write a guide for it now to complement the one on the main site a bit, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.

That I remembered yesterday at night that I had never defeated the Elite Four in Pokémon Let's Go =|

Good thing I decided to make up for it and beat it, over 2 years after I just... forgot to do so.

1625846596176.png

I made sure my 22 Pokémon (Pikachu does not count) took part (and used at least one move) in at least one of the five Pokémon League battles.

Last edited:

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
I've got a few good ones:

-I used my first ever Master Ball on a Golett in White.
-I've already mentioned this in another thread, but I deleted a White save that had a shiny Archen on it because I didn't know how rare that was.
-Not sure if this one counts because it's not something I did in-game, but I recently lost a Platinum cartridge that has a shiny Steelix on it because I took it out with me somewhere. Still annoyed about that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)