Resource The Monotype Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SM MONO-Team Showcase
Balanced Ground

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team is sand less ground team which I made and it is not only a fun team team to use to sway away from the generic sand builds but this team also performs pretty well in matches.
-Garchomp: I am using tank chomp set to set rocks and punish physical attackers with rocky helmet+rough skin damage. fire blast is for steel types like skarmory,ferrothorn and stuff. Earthquake hits decently hard even when uninvested and dragon tail is for phazing to rack up residual damage. 92 speed evs allows it to outspeed jolly base 70 speed pokemon.

-Seismitoad: With an AV, it sponges special attacks for the team and is a water check to the team. Scald and earth power are the obvious stab moves and sludge wave helps to deal with fairy,grasswater types like azumarill,tapu bulu,breloom etc. 176 speed evs with a timid nature allows seismitoad to outspeed adamant speed invested tapu bulu and kill it with sludge wave. Lastly knock off is used as it is a great utility move and helps out vs bulky eviolite normal teams that can be a trouble for ground teams.

-Mamoswine: Next I have mamoswine as a physical wall breaker and ice sponge since it has the ability thick fat. Choice band and adamant nature is used to hit hard as possible. Icicle crash is the main stab move that hits very hard. Ice shard helps it to clean up or revenge kill, also helps out vs dragons. Super power helps vs ferrothorn and air balloon heatran. Lastly it has earthquake which is obvious and must to have stab move.

-Landorus T: Double dance lando set is used as it is a very fun set and helps out vs both offensive and bulky teams. Against offensive teams, rock polish allows lando-t to clean/sweep the team and against bulky or defensive teams swords dance allows lando-t to wall break. Earthquake and stone edge is used as it has a very good coverage. SD and rockium z allows it to dent the fattest of walls.

-Nidoking: It is the special wall breaker of the team with life orb and sheer force boosted attacks and a very good coverage. Nidoking certainly helps in fairy match up as it seems to be a bad match up for ground this generation. Sludge wave allows it to deal with the tapus, flamethrower for celessteela,skarmory,ferrothorn, ice beam helps vs dragon,flying,grass and ground match ups. Earth power hits grounded steel types hard.

-Excadrill: To patch up the problem of immediate speed, I am using scarf mold breaker excadrill. Earthquake with mold breaker allows it to hit leviate pokemon like rotom wash. Rock slide is for fire/flying types like char y. Iron head helps vs scarf bulu and other fairy types. lastly rapid spin to clear off hazards.

SM MONO-Team Showcase
Balanced Ground

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team is sand less ground team which I made and it is not only a fun team team to use to sway away from the generic sand builds but this team also performs pretty well in matches.
-Garchomp: I am using tank chomp set to set rocks and punish physical attackers with rocky helmet+rough skin damage. fire blast is for steel types like skarmory,ferrothorn and stuff. Earthquake hits decently hard even when uninvested and dragon tail is for phazing to rack up residual damage. 92 speed evs allows it to outspeed jolly base 70 speed pokemon.

-Seismitoad: With an AV, it sponges special attacks for the team and is a water check to the team. Scald and earth power are the obvious stab moves and sludge wave helps to deal with fairy,grasswater types like azumarill,tapu bulu,breloom etc. 176 speed evs with a timid nature allows seismitoad to outspeed adamant speed invested tapu bulu and kill it with sludge wave. Lastly knock off is used as it is a great utility move and helps out vs bulky eviolite normal teams that can be a trouble for ground teams.

-Mamoswine: Next I have mamoswine as a physical wall breaker and ice sponge since it has the ability thick fat. Choice band and adamant nature is used to hit hard as possible. Icicle crash is the main stab move that hits very hard. Ice shard helps it to clean up or revenge kill, also helps out vs dragons. Super power helps vs ferrothorn and air balloon heatran. Lastly it has earthquake which is obvious and must to have stab move.

-Landorus T: Double dance lando set is used as it is a very fun set and helps out vs both offensive and bulky teams. Against offensive teams, rock polish allows lando-t to clean/sweep the team and against bulky or defensive teams swords dance allows lando-t to wall break. Earthquake and stone edge is used as it has a very good coverage. SD and rockium z allows it to dent the fattest of walls.

-Nidoking: It is the special wall breaker of the team with life orb and sheer force boosted attacks and a very good coverage. Nidoking certainly helps in fairy match up as it seems to be a bad match up for ground this generation. Sludge wave allows it to deal with the tapus, flamethrower for celessteela,skarmory,ferrothorn, ice beam helps vs dragon,flying,grass and ground match ups. Earth power hits grounded steel types hard.

-Excadrill: To patch up the problem of immediate speed, I am using scarf mold breaker excadrill. Earthquake with mold breaker allows it to hit leviate pokemon like rotom wash. Rock slide is for fire/flying types like char y. Iron head helps vs scarf bulu and other fairy types. lastly rapid spin to clear off hazards.

i like your team and i only have 1 quarrel with it: the speed on Seismitoed. no Bulu is going to run max speed adamant - they're either scarf or at the very least jolly. add in the fact that you already have Mamoswine for non scarf versions and Garchomp for scarf ones, I believe you would get more bang for your buck by toning down the speed to either 72 (which outspeeds adamant Azumarill, and everything that creeps Azu) or 108 which outspeeds uninvested Rotoms.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
i like your team and i only have 1 quarrel with it: the speed on Seismitoed. no Bulu is going to run max speed adamant - they're either scarf or at the very least jolly. add in the fact that you already have Mamoswine for non scarf versions and Garchomp for scarf ones, I believe you would get more bang for your buck by toning down the speed to either 72 (which outspeeds adamant Azumarill, and everything that creeps Azu) or 108 which outspeeds uninvested Rotoms.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tapu_bulu/monotype/ If you're going to run Sludge Wave on Seis, you should at least outspeed the standard Bulu set.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tapu_bulu/monotype/ If you're going to run Sludge Wave on Seis, you should at least outspeed the standard Bulu set.
well sorry if this offends you but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and if you're using seismitoed as your bulu counter thats on you and your shitty teambuilding skills. sludge wave seismitoed is used as an azumarill check, not a bulu one. furthermore banded bulu is not the 'standard set,' i'm aware people still use it, however scarf is more common. maybe you need to play some more SM before you grace us with your input.

edit: banded bulu is the set on the smogon page because in early SM that actually WAS the standard set.

iLlama

well sorry if this offends you but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and if you're using seismitoed as your bulu counter thats on you and your shitty teambuilding skills. sludge wave seismitoed is used as an azumarill check, not a bulu one. furthermore banded bulu is not the 'standard set,' i'm aware people still use it, however scarf is more common. maybe you need to play some more SM before you grace us with your input.

edit: banded bulu is the set on the smogon page because in early SM that actually WAS the standard set.
Sludge Wave is so Seis can hit Azu, yeah, it's also so you don't get hardwalled by Tapu Bulu and end up having to sack something, among other things. I never said Seis is a counter to Bulu. Regarding Scarf Bulu being the primary set, I have no clue where you're coming from. Could you go check the usage statistics and then realize that Choice Band is the most common set in general and that you should apologize for harassing me for no apparent reason? Thanks.

Sludge Wave is so Seis can hit Azu, yeah, it's also so you don't get hardwalled by Tapu Bulu and end up having to sack something, among other things. I never said Seis is a counter to Bulu. Regarding Scarf Bulu being the primary set, I have no clue where you're coming from. Could you go check the usage statistics and then realize that Choice Band is the most common set in general and that you should apologize for harassing me for no apparent reason? Thanks.
no one is going to risk their check to the mon that 6-0's them (WITH PRIORITY) to a speed tie, or scarf

Eien: Removed flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of actually outrunning bulu, sludge wave + seis's speed is definitely the main reason to run it in the first place over gastrodon. For me I'd run 140 speed evs at least to outspeed jolly azumarill with a modest nature (148 outspeeds max speed celesteela, ie some giga drain av / autotomize sets) . I don't think the original speed ev idea is bad, its a really scary prediction though. Also, it is worth noting sludge wave stops bulu from coming in for free (other moves won't do anything outside of ice beam).

Just to be clear, this thread is for casually sharing teams in hopes of getting advice or just sharing for the sake of sharing!
Let's calm down a bit. Don't flame each other for no reason. The point of this thread is that you can provide constructive criticism for each other. This is a resource. Be more civil with each other.

On the topic of Tapu Bulu, Choice Band Tapu Bulu is the most viable set, and almost all of them use Adamant. Choice Scarf is almost solely used as tech for counterteaming. The best set for Fairy is Choice Band right now, so it's perfectly reasonable to tech one of your checks to beat it. Most of the time, because Seismitoad cannot switch into Tapu Bulu anyway, you are able to scout the set regardless. It's not risky. What iLlama said is completely valid. The EV spread is fine, although I'd actually run a bit more Speed for personal reasons myself.

That being said, Adalind's comment that the team already has decent checks to Tapu Bulu in both Tankchomp and Mamoswine is also valid, but I would have recommended changing Mamoswine instead of Seismitoad myself. That's because Mamoswine is a riskier check to Tapu Bulu because you're forced into 50/50 with Tapu Bulu possibly switching out to Klefki and Magearna.

Personally, Alpha-Harpreet, I'd try using Mega Steelix over Tankchomp with a more offensive Garchomp set over Mamoswine. You'll have a bit more trouble with Steel, but you're still Ground vs Steel with a Flamethrower Nidoking in the end. Dragon is a bit harder too, but Dragon is hardly a common type at all.

On a lighter note, I thought I'd share some teams for the long forgotten Mono OMs.

We haven't really been playing them much in the room, which I think is a shame, as they're really entertaining to play and build for.

So here's some CAPmono teams I've made.

---

SM Mono CAP - Team Showcase
Offensive Rock

Offensive Rock
Stratagem @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Paleo Wave
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer
- Head Smash
- Coil

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Flamethrower

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
Just a fun little offensive rock team that substitute shuckle Speed control for Scarf Terrakion and Mega-Crucibelle.

Stratagem is a special wallbreaker, with valuable Fire, Grass, and Ground coverage and an excellent Speed Tier of 120. Levitate because the Ground Immunity is super valuable to rock.

Cradily is a physical tank, water immunity, grass and ground neutrality, and stealth rocker. Phys defense spread improves cradily's ability to take Earthquakes.

Crucibelle-Mega is a physical wallbreaker / sweeper with strong STABs in Gunk Shot and Head Smash with good grass / fighting coverage. Crucibelle can use either Coil, U-turn, or Low Kick for the final moveslot.

Terrakion is a source of speed control with Choice Scarf, acting an effective blanket offensive check and cleaner with valuable Fighting-type STAB.

Tyranitar is a special tank, using the standard mono spread. With pursuit T-tar is able to trap and dispose of plenty of threats.

Rhypherior is a blanket defensive check for physical sweepers that Cradily can't handle such as Mega-Scizor, Excadrill, and Lando-T.

Balance Poison

Balance Poison
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak

Crucibelle @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt
This is basically just Balance Poison with Crucibelle over Nihilego. The rest is basic as basic gets.

Toxapex is a physical defensive wall, toxic spike setter, and hazer to keep set up from trampling the team. Scald and Regenerator are great defensive assets.

Mega Venusaur is the heart and soul of poison monotypes, and is an incredible blanket wall for both physical and special attackers (although this spread is physically defensive). Leech Seed helps mitigate the defensive core's overall passivity and Synthesis's poor PP.

Muk-Alola is a new staple that switches in and traps almost every psychic special attacker in the game. Knock Off support is also incredibly useful, and Poison Touch is a nice perk to wear down opposing teams. It's an incredible asset.

Crucibelle is basically just taking nihilego's place with a slightly better speed tier, more immediate offensive presence, regenerator, and the ability to pivot with U-turn.

Nidoking is the team's special wallbreaker and stealth rocker. Ice Beam > Thunderbolt to avoid being walled by Zapdos or Gliscor and to threaten out slower Ground types.

Crobat is a decent ground immunity and source of speed control. U-turn is an option over Taunt if you wanna be able to generate more momentum off of the bat, but it's up to you.

Balance Ghost

Balance Ghost
Revenankh @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Moonlight

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Stealth Rock

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
Sorta of balance ghost but with Revenakh acting as the catch-all physical wall, freeing up Mega-Sableye to go more mixed defensive.

Revenenakh is a physical wall and stallbreaker, using a full defensive EV set to spread status and break down bulkier teams. Bulk Up is an option over Taunt if you want a defensive wincon.

Mimikyu is the team's blanket offensive check with disguise giving you a free turn to hit an enemy or set up. Ghostium Z bolsters Mimimkyu's offensive presence, able to break up defensive threats like toxapex or mega-venusaur after a swords dance.

Jellicent is a special wall, able to take on most special attackers and with taunt is able to shut down normal teams and peevesome pokemon like Celesteela. Scald is nice.

Marowak-Alola is the teams rocker, while offering a ton of offensive and defensive utility with tons of useful resists to cover Jellicent and Mega-Sableye. Electric immunity helps protect jellicent, in particular.

Sableye-Mega is the defensive glue that holds the team together, able to bounce back status and hazards, spread status and spam knock off against teams. I use the mixed defensive spread since Revenankh is taking the role of primary physical sponge.

Gengar is the team's speed control, with scarf able to outspeed most threats and revenge / D-bond them. This is sadly Ghost's best counter-measure for stronger set up that Mimikyu can't check like Mega-Gyarados or Zard-X.

I really wanted to use Z-Shadow Force Necturna, as it's just an amazing nuke, but I couldn't pass up Mimikyu's ability to blanket check threats so efficiently. You could potentially run a more SpD Necturna set over Marowak-Alola, but ehhh. Calm Mind Mega-Leye can also work as a Wincon, but Mixed defensive served the team really well to handle things like Dark Pulse spam.

I'd honestly love to see Mono CAP get some more attention and room-tours. They're a lot of fun to build around, and help out mid-low types moreso than the upper end types in the tier, which is nice.

Anyways, and now some Ubers mono teams.

---

SM Mono Ubers - Team Showcase
Hyper Offense Ghost

Hyper Offense Ghost
Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Arceus-Ghost @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
This is a really, really fun team, and I wish we had more mono ubers tournies so I could abuse it lol. Ghost offense is just so strong, as it has the best offensive coverage of any typing and in gen 7 some of the best abusers.

Lunala is the team's primary speed control and cleaner, using the popular scarf set and excellent moongeist beam to check offensive threats. Shadow Shield also protects Lunala from heavy damage to allow it to 2HKO threats.

Giratina-O is a bulky offensive checks to Ground and Fire spam, which can otherwise break the team easily (Mega-Blaziken, for example). Defog is helpful to keep hazards from breaking Lunala's shadow shield. Either Thunder Wave of Will o Wisp can be your choice of Status to disable threats. Or you can go Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak.

Mega Gengar is a secondary source of speed control but mostly a trapper, capable of removing bulky offensive threats like Ho-oh, Primal-Groudon and Zygarde-Complete from the battle for the rest of the team to clean up.

Arceus-Ghost is the main sweeper of the team, using the incredibly potent z-shadow force set capable of breaking down bulky checks extremely effectively. E-speed serves as your priority, and brick break is used to hit normal types and round out the perfect coverage (though Earthquake is fine too).

Aegislash is the a blanket defensive check, able to check threats like Xearneas and Deoxys-Attack (and other Psyspam).

Froslass is the team's suicide lead and only source of hazards, since the only other stealth rockers are bluntly unviable in an ubers setting. Icy Wind is used over status to keep Froslass from being too passive, and able to better threaten with Destiny Bond. Taunt helps Froslass anti-lead.

SM Mono Ubers - Team Showcase
Stall Ghost

Stall Ghost

Lunala @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Roost

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Recover

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Iron Head
Why is ghost so much better in ubers? ;(

This is another fun team to abuse people with, as Ghost is a pretty solid defensive typing as well.

Lunala is the a defensive wincon, using a potent calm mind set capable of clearing through bulky defensive teams and cores, especially with Psyshock (though Focus Blast is an option. Leftovers or Colbur Berry are both good items, the latter keeping you from being slaughtered by pursuit.

Mega Sableye is the team's defensive glue using a mixed defensive spread with dual status. Magic Bounce keeps hazards from killing Shedinja or status from crippling Lunala.

Giratina is a phazer and is just a excellent wall of bulk for teams to contend with.

Arceus-Ghost is a defogger and hazard setter, though you can drop defog for a form of status if you're feeling ballzy, since otherwise this set is somewhat easy to take advantage of.

Shedinja is a blanket defensive threat that essentially walls half of the ubers tier, from Primal-Kyogre to Xearneas. Protect is used to scout, while dual status ensures Shedinja can pester mons as effective as possible.

Aegislash is another defensive glue-mon to check threats like Xearneas and spread status.

Hopefully these teams are fun to use, and hopefully we'll have more opportunities to use them as the year goes on and we start playing Mono OMs more in Room-tours.

E: Edited all the team descriptions to be more informative and less slapdash and fixed a few EV mistakes

Last edited:
Stall Ghost

Lunala @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Roost

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Recover

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Iron Head
Why is ghost so much better in ubers? ;(

This is another fun team to abuse people with, as Ghost is a pretty solid defensive typing as well.

Lunala is the a defensive wincon, using a potent calm mind set capable of clearing through bulky defensive teams and cores, especially with Psyshock (though Focus Blast is an option. Leftovers or Colbur Berry are both good items, the latter keeping you from being slaughtered by pursuit.

Mega Sableye is the team's defensive glue using a mixed defensive spread with dual status. Magic Bounce keeps hazards from killing Shedinja or status from crippling Lunala.

Giratina is a phazer and is just a excellent wall of bulk for teams to contend with.

Arceus-Ghost is a defogger and hazard setter, though you can drop stealth rock for a form of status if you're feeling ballzy, since otherwise this set is somewhat easy to take advantage of.

Shedinja is a blanket defensive threat that essentially walls half of the ubers tier, from Primal-Kyogre to Xearneas. Protect is used to scout, while dual status ensures Shedinja can pester mons as effective as possible.

Aegislash is another defensive glue-mon to check threats like Xearneas and spread status.

Hopefully these teams are fun to use, and hopefully we'll have more opportunities to use them as the year goes on and we start playing Mono OMs more in Room-tours.

E: Edited all the team descriptions to be more informative and less slapdash and fixed a few EV mistakes
Personally, I also have an AG team, which has cosmic power lunala, and that thing TAKES LIVES. Lunala is seriously much bulkier than people expect and it's always funny to see it living hits like shadow bone from a standard marowak, while outspeeding it too. Here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-552043975

Also this team looks nice, just a little hesitant on the shedinja there. I know it walls things with wondergaurd, but that can only work if there's no SR/spikes/damaging weather, and also what happens against steel teams? you can't toxic, and will-o-wisp is only going to get you so far. personally I would much prefer a more reliable mon for some kind of offense, such as scarf/specs chandelure. if you can play around with your team for a sweep with chandelure, I think that could work really well with this team. Anyway this is just my opinion, so take of it what you will.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Have a good day!

Personally, I also have an AG team, which has cosmic power lunala, and that thing TAKES LIVES. Lunala is seriously much bulkier than people expect and it's always funny to see it living hits like shadow bone from a standard marowak, while outspeeding it too. Here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-552043975

Also this team looks nice, just a little hesitant on the shedinja there. I know it walls things with wondergaurd, but that can only work if there's no SR/spikes/damaging weather, and also what happens against steel teams? you can't toxic, and will-o-wisp is only going to get you so far. personally I would much prefer a more reliable mon for some kind of offense, such as scarf/specs chandelure. if you can play around with your team for a sweep with chandelure, I think that could work really well with this team. Anyway this is just my opinion, so take of it what you will.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Have a good day!
I understand your concerns, but Shedinja is very, very reliable in ubers, moreso than in OU or Monotype. It's able to wall such a wide breadth of threats in the meta and generate momentum off them while spreading status.

Damaging weather is pretty uncommon in ubers; Hail is non-existent and Sand is very, very rare. Even on a ground team Sand would often be overwritten by Primal-Don's Sun anyways. And Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Status are consistently rebuffed by Mega-Sableye, which is why this core functions so well. Without Shedinja, the team couldn't function as Stall and the team would be way weaker to threats like Primal Kyogre, some flavors of Dragon spam, and a whole bunch of other threats that'd be rendered completely null by Shedinja.

Thanks for the feedback though :)

Last edited:

futuron

Banned deucer.
balanced Psy!! on mobile so no sprites ;w;

teambuilding process
basically a wip of a balance team using a core I used in oras. smth super advantageous about this team is how easily you can bluff a choice item on latios because pretty much every mew seems like it's holding mewnium z. tini is really standard as well as rachi. I'm running 252 hp on mel so I can easily setup on mons like chansey and for a little extra bulk that this team somewhat lacks. Latios takes on flying teams nicely with boltbeam coverage and has helpful accessibility to Defog support and a strong nuke and mew is for threatening mons like mega sharpedo. Aura sphere and the speed evs are specifically for bisharp. should probably calc to see if that even kills but I'm too lazy. Zam is self explanatory. Any suggestions are helpful as I'm just getting into SM and I'm not a very seasoned psy player.

importable
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Latios @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Meloetta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore

iLlama

SM Mono Ubers
Hyper Offense Psychic
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb / Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Taunt

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonblast / Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Pretty standard Uber Psychic Spam team.
- Azelf is the team's suicide lead being able to set hazards and catch opposing leads and pivots with Taunt and Knock Off. Explosion is for raw power and so the rest of the team can start getting the ball rolling.
- Tapu Lele is a the team's terrain setter and Fairy-type coverage. It also has decent wallbreaking capabilities with boosted Psychic and Life Orb and great coverage moves in Energy Ball, Focus Blast, and HP Fire. Taunt works well on Lele in lieu of additional coverage so that it can cripple opposing walls and prevent setup and Defog.
- Deoxys-A is a beast thanks to Psychic Terrain, dishing out terrain-boosted Psycho Boost and having great coverage for managing a multitude of common threats like Mega Gengar, Mega Salamence, and E-Killer Arceus.
- Hoopa-U is the primary special wallbreaker for this team and helps immensely with the Ghost and Steel matchups and when facing opposing Psychic teams. Choice Specs is used over Life Orb to maximize its damage output while avoiding recoil.
- Mega Metagross is the main physical wallbreaker for the team, as well as the sole physical attacker beyond Mixed Deo-A and Azelf.
- Lunala is the speed control and Choice Scarf user for the team and is a great asset in both the Ghost and Psychic matchups.

Last edited:
SM Mono Ubers
Hyper Offense Psychic
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Taunt

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonblast / Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Pretty standard Uber Psychic Spam team.
- Azelf is the team's suicide lead being able to set hazards and catch opposing leads and pivots with Taunt and Knock Off. Explosion is for raw power and so the rest of the team can start getting the ball rolling.
- Tapu Lele is a the team's terrain setter and Fairy-type coverage. It also has decent wallbreaking capabilities with boosted Psychic and Life Orb and great coverage moves in Energy Ball, Focus Blast, and HP Fire. Taunt works well on Lele in lieu of additional coverage so that it can cripple opposing walls and prevent setup and Defog.
- Deoxys-A is a beast thanks to Psychic Terrain, dishing out terrain-boosted Psycho Boost and having great coverage for managing a multitude of common threats like Mega Gengar, Mega Salamence, and E-Killer Arceus.
- Hoopa-U is the primary special wallbreaker for this team and helps immensely with the Ghost and Steel matchups and when facing opposing Psychic teams. Choice Specs is used over Life Orb to maximize its damage output while avoiding recoil.
- Mega Metagross is the main physical wallbreaker for the team, as well as the sole physical attacker beyond Mixed Deo-A and Azelf.
- Lunala is the speed control and Choice Scarf user for the team and is a great asset in both the Ghost and Psychic matchups.
A few suggestions.

1. Terrain Extender > Life Orb on Tapu Lele.
This is for sorta obvious reasons, but I think Lele is better served as a Terrain setter than an abuser, especially since the only other Tapu you're likely to run into in ubers is Fini on Water.

2. Replace Hoopa-U
Hoopa-U isn't going to help tremendously against Offensive Ghost teams, which can trap and dispose of it with Mega-Gengar or revenge it with Arceus-Ghost or Giratina-O. It also won't break Steel super well since those will probably be running SpD Magearna, one of the few actual Hoopa-U switchins. That's not to say Hoopa-U isn't good, but it's low speed and exploitable physical frailty means it could cost your team more momentum than it's worth.

There are a couple options I'd suggest over it, potentially Arceus Psychic to give your team some hazard control in the case you need Lunala's Shadowshield preserved to check a threat. Arceus-Psychic can also act as a bulky offensive check to opposing threats with T-wave and will o Wisp, and still has quite a lot offensive presence with Psychium Z, especially in terrain.

Another option would be Sash Alakazam with Thunder Wave and Counter, which accomplishes a lot of the same things it does in standard of blanket checking offensive threats that may otherwise broom your team. You may even be able to fit encore onto the set. Sash Mewtwo can also accomplish this and has much more offensive presence than Alakazam, if you trust Azelf to keep hazards off.
Hope these help :]

Last edited:

iLlama

A few suggestions.

1. Terrain Extender > Life Orb on Tapu Lele.
This is for sorta obvious reasons, but I think Lele is better served as a Terrain setter than an abuser, especially since the only other Tapu you're likely to run into in ubers is Fini on Water.

2. Replace Hoopa-U
Hoopa-U isn't going to help tremendously against Offensive Ghost teams, which can trap and dispose of it with Mega-Gengar or revenge it with Arceus-Ghost or Giratina-O. It also won't break Steel super well since those will probably be running SpD Magearna, one of the few actual Hoopa-U switchins. That's not to say Hoopa-U isn't good, but it's low speed and exploitable physical frailty means it could cost your team more momentum than it's worth.

There are a couple options I'd suggest over it, potentially Arceus Psychic to give your team some hazard control in the case you need Lunala's Shadowshield preserved to check a threat. Arceus-Psychic can also act as a bulky offensive check to opposing threats with T-wave and will o Wisp, and still has quite a lot offensive presence with Psychium Z, especially in terrain.

Another option would be Sash Alakazam with Thunder Wave and Counter, which accomplishes a lot of the same things it does in standard of blanket checking offensive threats that may otherwise broom your team. You may even be able to fit encore onto the set. Sash Mewtwo can also accomplish this and has much more offensive presence than Alakazam, if you trust Azelf to keep hazards off.
Hope these help :]
Thanks for the suggestions Tyke, here's my response.

1. I prefer having Life Orb so that Lele can be more of an overall offensive threat as well as setting terrain, but I can definitely understand why Terrain Extender can be good, so I'll add it as a slash for the set. Personally, I like having shorter turns on Psychic Terrain because I know I will be using Lele as more than just a terrain setter, and it isn't boosting any Pokemon's speed. If this were Koko or Pelipper, I would use their respective extenders to get the longevity of speed boosted turns, but with something like Lele that I want to use throughout a match for more than just Psychic Terrain, I am much more in favor of using LO.

2. Some issues with how Hoopa-U seems to underperform. Mega Gengar does a maximum of 59% with Sludge Wave so unless you run Disable or Destiny Bond, you need a lot of prior chip to actually trap and KO Hoopa-U, otherwise you'd be sacking one of your best options against Psychic in this matchup. With Giratina-O, if we're running off of the set you posted, Hoopa-U wins the 1v1 every time because it outspeeds and OHKOes with Specs Dark Pulse. If Giratina-O happens to be Timid, it can do a maximum of 75% with Draco Meteor so it also depends on prior chip. Arceus-Ghost OHKOes after Stealth Rock and just runs through Psychic once terrain is down so there's not much you can do there. Definitely the best thing to check and revenge kill Hoopa-U on Ghost as well, unless you're running Mimikyu. Regarding SpD Magearna, it does check Hoopa-U, but barely. Hoopa-U has very low chances of 2HKOing SpD Magearna both with Focus Blast and in Psychic Terrain with Psyshock so it realistically isn't worth the risking of losing this teams best Pokemon for breaking Steel, however this team does have Mega Metagross, which can freely switch into SpD Magearna's Fleur Cannon pretty freely while it is always forced out unless it wants to take a Meteor Mash or EQ. Plus, Psychic doesn't lose any momentum in this respect because it still has a favorable 1v1 matchup with only losing a small chunk of HP.

Arceus-Psychic seems kind of weird on this team, unless I used it replace Azelf and turned it into a suicide lead. Bulky Arceus-Psychic just kills the HO momentum instantly so I'm not sure why I'd use that. It may offer a bulky presence and hazard removal, but it can't fill the roll that Hoopa-U provides as an insane special wallbreaker, even with Z Psychic. I might actually try it out over Azelf to see how it does, maybe have a WhirlSong set or just generic sui. With Sash Alakazam, again this isn't a replacement for Hoopa-U and I can't afford to switch any other Pokemon out for it. Having Magic Guard Focus Sash may come in clutch at times, without a doubt, but in general Alakazam will most likely underperform and will simply be used as a free switch. This thing will definitely kill the team's momentum anyways. With Sash Mewtwo, the same problems with Alakazam arise, except this time I now depend on Azelf, a sui lead, to keep hazards off for probably the entire match, otherwise I should just be running Life Orb for the better damage output. Even if Lunala's Shadow Shield can be broken by hazards because Azelf will not be able to manage hazards after it is KOed or self KOes, that isn't that big of a deal to me. This team doesn't need to have Focus Sash Pokemon to have success because it already has excellent speed control, Psychic Terrain, a check to each weakness, and a check to EKiller.

Offensive Fairy

Peaked at 1707: http://prnt.sc/eeyf90

Shoutout to Waszap for the help Formatting
Klefki- With neutrality to steel and immunity to poison, klefki is the perfect screen setter with Light Clay and Prankster ability. Also having Foul Play to hit setup sweepers like Scizor and Spikes to help Azumarill and Magearna to have better chances of sweeping behind screens.

Tapu Koko- Koko is great offensive mon with a great speed tier. Also it has the ability Electric Surge, so you have a powerful stab move of Thunderbolt to abuse and can stop sleep moves. U-turn to help maintain momentum and pivot against ground types, but Volt Switch can be used over U-turn to do the same over other types and abuse terrain. Option between HP fire to hit Fire/Steel mons or run HP Ice to hit Ground/Flying Mons. Then the last option between grass knot to hit Ground/Water mons, or Brave Bird to help with Volcarona, Mega Venusaur and other Grass type mons.

Magearna- With great typing, coverage and ability in Soul Heart, which boosts it special attack each mon that faints, this is our 2nd sweeper. Shuca Berry is here to help bait and live hits from ground type threats and kill them with Ice Beam, a move which also helps in matchups against Flying and Grass teams. Flash Cannon is a main stab move used to sweep Ice, Rock, and other Fairy teams and Fleur Cannon to help sweep Fighting and Dragon easier and hit mons that resist Flash Cannon. And there's Shift Gear to maximize Magearna sweeping potential by giving Magearna a x2 speed boost.

Tapu Bulu- Grassy Surge makes it a nice Ground type move switch in and helps Magearna set up sweeps easier and Klefki set screens easier. We use a choice scarf to help sweep ground and water teams easier and KO'ing with Wood Hammer and another stab move in Horn Leech with helps preserve Bulu by absorbing hp from the opposing mon. Have Superpower as way to hit Steel type mons such as Magnezone and Heatran that can take those grass moves. Then you have an option of the last move slot being either Zen Headbutt to help with Poison mons such as Mega Venusaur or Stone Edge to hit Flying mons such as such Zapdos or Char-Y.

Diancie- Diancie is nice wall with great typing for matchups that Clefable sometimes lack coverage in. Stealth rock is the main hazard to hit flying type mons and mons with levitate and also help break sashes easier. Diamond Storm is great powerful move to hit threats such as Volcarona and Charizard and also helps diancie become harder to KO with a 50% chance to increase its defense by X2. Moonblast is great stab move to hit mons that resist Diamond Storm, and have Earth Power to help put some damage on Steel and Poison mons and make Azumarill or Magearna sweep easier.

Azumarill- The OG sweeper from Gen 6, our main sweeper can now almost setup a belly drum anytime with Normalium Z and is speed invested to outspeed things such as Mantine, Mandibuzz an other uninvested base 80 speed mons. With Normalium Z, on weaker opponents or good matchups you can just regularly belly drum to get the max attack boost, then z-belly to get back to 100% health(does not cure azumarill of statuses tho). Aqua Jet is one of the main stab moves to hit hard with while giving Azumarill some priority since its speed is not that great and Play Rough is the 2nd stab move to help hit mons that resist Aqua Jet. Then there is Knock Off to hit things such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory harder than a Aqua Jet or Play Rough would.
Klefki @ Light Clay
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Reflect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch/U-turn
- Brave Bird/Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Shift Gear

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt/Stone Edge
- Horn Leech

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Last edited:
Hyper Offense Psychic

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hey everyone, back with another team showcase, this time with:

Balanced Bug

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Leech Life
- Scald

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 152 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Mega pinsir - Swords dance sweeps everyday, nuff said
Galvantula - Sticky web support + specially offensive mon, that stab thunder hits a lot more thanks to compound eyes
Volcarona - I think everybody knows exactly what this mon does already, but just for those who don't, quiver dance set up into massive snowball sweeps with feiry dance + bug buzz stab for damage, plus your choice of coverage, i use giga drain for water a ground teams that otherwise be hard to wall break, such as gastrodon/suicune/lanturn/etc etc
Armaldo - AV lets this thing perfectly check mega pidgeot, and KO with a strong stone edge, also helps A LOT v fire teams, just keep this thing away from celesteela
Araquanid - Also AV for even more bulk, another great check to specially offensive fire mons, and this can reliably check opposing volcaronas as well
Forretress - Standard set right here, great physical wall, with some extra spdef thrown in there to survive special hits more reliably.

So, tell me what you think! I'm completely open to suggestions

Hey everyone, back with another team showcase, this time with:

Balanced Bug

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Leech Life
- Scald

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 152 Def / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Mega pinsir - Swords dance sweeps everyday, nuff said
Galvantula - Sticky web support + specially offensive mon, that stab thunder hits a lot more thanks to compound eyes
Volcarona - I think everybody knows exactly what this mon does already, but just for those who don't, quiver dance set up into massive snowball sweeps with feiry dance + bug buzz stab for damage, plus your choice of coverage, i use giga drain for water a ground teams that otherwise be hard to wall break, such as gastrodon/suicune/lanturn/etc etc
Armaldo - AV lets this thing perfectly check mega pidgeot, and KO with a strong stone edge, also helps A LOT v fire teams, just keep this thing away from celesteela
Araquanid - Also AV for even more bulk, another great check to specially offensive fire mons, and this can reliably check opposing volcaronas as well
Forretress - Standard set right here, great physical wall, with some extra spdef thrown in there to survive special hits more reliably.

So, tell me what you think! I'm completely open to suggestions

• Put the 4 EVs on your mons in the spdef
  • energy ball over bug buzz on galvantua, to pressure water/ground mons.
  • You miss evs on your volcarona, instead of Life Orb run Lum Berry / Firium Z with Fire Blast / Giga Drain / HP Ground / Quiver Dance
  • you don't need av armaldo, run sr / rapid spin / rock slide/ knock off
  • foretress > scizor
  • araquanid > heracross scarf
  • or if you want to keep your team "balanced", run mega scizor instead of pinsir and keep your araquanid, you can run bulkarona instead of zmove volcarona too.

Hyper Offense Ice

Elsa's Ghost (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Manny (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Elsa (Ninetales-Alola) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot

Snowy (Sandslash-Alola) @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Froslass: Fast suicide lead that also offers a Fighting immunity, which is very helpful against Mega Medicham, as well as Fighting's other Scarfers like Keldeo and Heracross. Main job: Taunt the opposing hazard lead, put up your Spikes, and Destiny Bond to take the opponent down with you. You can also use it to revenge kill a weakened opponent with Shadow Ball, or preserve it in order to switch into the aforementioned Fighting type threats.
Mamoswine: Mamoswine is the Stealth Rocker for the team,and can also serve as an alternative lead in matchups such as Fire and Flying, where Froslass may not do as well in. Since Mamoswine has more of an offensive presence than Froslass,it could also be worth preserving in case you need it to do more in matchups like Poison, Fire, and Electric.
Alolan Ninetales: Alolan Ninetales is a must for offensive Ice teams. Icy Rock is used over Light Clay to allow Alolan Sandslash to have as many turns as it needs to sweep. Despite not having Light Clay, Aurora Veil still gives the entire team some extra survivability, which is always welcome.
Alolan Sandslash: Alolan Sandslash is the late-game sweeper for the team. When the opponent's is weakened enough by Froslass and Mamoswine's hazard stacking, Alolan Sandslash can mow right through them. Icicle Crash and Iron Head are your most reliable STAB's. Rapid Spin is used for emergency hazard control. And for the final move, Earthquake is preferred as a means of hitting Steel and Poison types like Heatran, Toxapex, and Alolan Muk.

Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black fills the role as our Scarfer, being able to revenge kill pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Scarf Excadrill, and Greninja. Outrage and Ice Beam are the best STAB options to run, and Fusion Bolt and Earth Power provide excellent coverage in order to defeat the aforementioned threats listed above.

Lapras: With a Choice Specs, Lapras fills the role as our special wallbreaker. It also functions as a nice Mega Scizor check and does heavy damage to Steel teams in general with Hydro Pump and Hidden Power Fire. Freeze Dry is the preferred Ice STAB, which allows Lapras to handle Water teams much easier. Thunderbolt also helps with this matchup.

Last edited:
  • Put the 4 EVs on your mons in the spdef
  • energy ball over bug buzz on galvantua, to pressure water/ground mons.
  • You miss evs on your volcarona, instead of Life Orb run Lum Berry / Firium Z with Fire Blast / Giga Drain / HP Ground / Quiver Dance
  • you don't need av armaldo, run sr / rapid spin / rock slide/ knock off
  • foretress > scizor
  • araquanid > heracross scarf
  • or if you want to keep your team "balanced", run mega scizor instead of pinsir and keep your araquanid, you can run bulkarona instead of zmove volcarona too.
Hi there, thank you for your opinion, however I have a few quarrels with the changes you have suggested. First of all, the AV armaldo is an important part of the team, as it can actually beat heatran, a very potent threat to this team, and without the AV it simply cannot do that. Secondly I have actually tried using scarf heracross in the past, and I find that doesn't fill the role that it needs to on this team with threats like scarf victini/infernape running around, something that nothing else on the team can deal with either, not even araquanid. I will try running the suggested volcarona however and thankyou for pointing out that i forgot my evs on the volcarona as well. If the team is to remained as balanced as possible (which is needed for bug, since it simply either doesn't have the damage, or is too slow to use as a hyper offensive team), then I need to keep the forretress. I have taken all of your other points into consideration, again thank you for opinion.

iLlama

Hi there, thank you for your opinion, however I have a few quarrels with the changes you have suggested. First of all, the AV armaldo is an important part of the team, as it can actually beat heatran, a very potent threat to this team, and without the AV it simply cannot do that. Secondly I have actually tried using scarf heracross in the past, and I find that doesn't fill the role that it needs to on this team with threats like scarf victini/infernape running around, something that nothing else on the team can deal with either, not even araquanid. I will try running the suggested volcarona however and thankyou for pointing out that i forgot my evs on the volcarona as well.
I'm having a difficult time understanding how Heatran is a major threat to your team when you're running AV Araquanid. AV Armaldo has no place on Bug anyways because one of its key roles is setting Stealth Rock, which is completely eliminated with your current set. If you want a more useful physical wall than Forretress as well, you can now use Mega Scizor for its insane bulk and recovery option in Roost. It also works exceedingly well as a Defogger and can remove hazards more easily than Forretress. Plus, Armaldo would now have Stealth Rock and Mega Scizor would be clearing hazards and being a physical tank so you don't necessarily need Forretress anymore, unless you want to run Spikes stack, which works as well. Realistically, Forrestress's team slot could be filled with Heracross so that this team doesn't have zero speed control beyond Sticky Webs and because you have Armaldo and Araquanid, Choice Scarf Victini and Infernape are not impossible to handle. Speaking of Armaldo as well, if you change the EVs to HP instead of Attack, it will definitely be a much more profound defensive asset, being able to take hits and cripple opposing threats with Knock Off, rather than having it fire off a couple of strong Stone Edges.
If the team is to remained as balanced as possible (which is needed for bug, since it simply either doesn't have the damage, or is too slow to use as a hyper offensive team), then I need to keep the forretress.
Offensive Bug is completely viable, if not more so than balance, especially in the current metagame with wallbreakers like Mega Medicham just running through passive builds. You're team isn't really Balance Bug, it's some weird mix of balance and hyper offense seeing as you have suicide lead Galvantula, Mega Pinsir, and Life Orb Volcarona paired with 3 defensive Pokemon.

I'm having a difficult time understanding how Heatran is a major threat to your team when you're running AV Araquanid. AV Armaldo has no place on Bug anyways because one of its key roles is setting Stealth Rock, which is completely eliminated with your current set. If you want a more useful physical wall than Forretress as well, you can now use Mega Scizor for its insane bulk and recovery option in Roost. It also works exceedingly well as a Defogger and can remove hazards more easily than Forretress. Plus, Armaldo would now have Stealth Rock and Mega Scizor would be clearing hazards and being a physical tank so you don't necessarily need Forretress anymore, unless you want to run Spikes stack, which works as well. Realistically, Forrestress's team slot could be filled with Heracross so that this team doesn't have zero speed control beyond Sticky Webs and because you have Armaldo and Araquanid, Choice Scarf Victini and Infernape are not impossible to handle. Speaking of Armaldo as well, if you change the EVs to HP instead of Attack, it will definitely be a much more profound defensive asset, being able to take hits and cripple opposing threats with Knock Off, rather than having it fire off a couple of strong Stone Edges.

Offensive Bug is completely viable, if not more so than balance, especially in the current metagame with wallbreakers like Mega Medicham just running through passive builds. You're team isn't really Balance Bug, it's some weird mix of balance and hyper offense seeing as you have suicide lead Galvantula, Mega Pinsir, and Life Orb Volcarona paired with 3 defensive Pokemon.
Then could you please enlighten me as to how scarf victini and infernape are handled with by bug with the team you suggested? because all I see is the both of them sweeping the an entire team with flare blitz/v-create/fusion bolt. How does armaldo beat victini? also are you forgetting that victini also gets fusion bolt? That 2hkos araquanid, and AV armaldo doesn't seem to be too much better either, as earthquake doesn't kill, and stone edge only has a 50% chance of ohkoing, and I know for a fact that v-create from victini 2hkos back. Unless I run aqua jet on this set, then scarf victini wins, if I use araquanid, I get fusion bolted. Infernape may not be as much of a problem, but it is still a major threat to the rest of the team. Also how is heatran not a threat? It pretty much sweeps everything bar armaldo and araquanid, and perhaps mega pinsir/scarf heracross. Anyway, I don't want this turning into a war, I understand what you mean and I can respect your points and will take this into consideration.

Then could you please enlighten me as to how scarf victini and infernape are handled with by bug with the team you suggested? because all I see is the both of them sweeping the an entire team with flare blitz/v-create/fusion bolt.
Bug has many tools to deal with Scarf Infernape and Victini: Hazards such as Stealth Rock put immense pressure on Fire, and under Sticky Webs Scarf Heracross outspeeds and KOs both of the aforementioned Fire-types (Tini needs a bit of chip). Mega-Pinsir checks Infernape consistently with Quick Attack, and Tini is forced to play 50/50s if you have an Araquanid on your team and is checked post-v-create by Galvantula, Scarf Heracross, M-Pinsir, etc.

This illustrates the biggest problem with your team: a lack of speed control. Your fastest pokemon is Galvantula. You can't rely on sticky webs to manage all the offensive threats in the metagame. You need strong priority, like Choice Band Scizor, and a good revenge killer like Scarf Heracross to keep threats in check, such as Nihilego, Heatran, Tapu Koko, Kyurem-Black, Salamence, Mega-Aerodactyl, Mega-Alakazam, Togekiss, and many many more.

Bug has many tools to deal with Scarf Infernape and Victini: Hazards such as Stealth Rock put immense pressure on Fire, and under Sticky Webs Scarf Heracross outspeeds and KOs both of the aforementioned Fire-types (Tini needs a bit of chip). Mega-Pinsir checks Infernape consistently with Quick Attack, and Tini is forced to play 50/50s if you have an Araquanid on your team and is checked post-v-create by Galvantula, Scarf Heracross, M-Pinsir, etc.

This illustrates the biggest problem with your team: a lack of speed control. Your fastest pokemon is Galvantula. You can't rely on sticky webs to manage all the offensive threats in the metagame. You need strong priority, like Choice Band Scizor, and a good revenge killer like Scarf Heracross to keep threats in check, such as Nihilego, Heatran, Tapu Koko, Kyurem-Black, Salamence, Mega-Aerodactyl, Mega-Alakazam, Togekiss, and many many more.
Thanks Tyke, I really needed this for my team, I guess I should apologize for my attitude before, sorry 'bout that. I really appreciate the feedback you, miyoka and iLlama have given, thank you. So for the final suggestions, what should stay, and what should go? I know tress is gone for scizor/heracross, but which one should I use? I like mega pinsir a lot, but I could use both if I use mega scizor instead. This will be the last time I bring this up, so once again I'm sorry for my attitude and thanks to three of you to helping me out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)