Board Game The Lost Art of Diplomacy - Fall 1903

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Screenshot 2024-05-01 000332.png

(this image will be replaced with an up-to-date one each phase)

Important notes:
  • Please follow all Smogon and Circus Maximus forum rules, both here and in the Discord.
  • The game will use the Classic Diplomacy map made for seven players.
  • Countries will be assigned to players at random after the sign-up period. I'd prefer if this was a simple process, but if most/all players express a desire to re-roll countries, I will do so.
  • Orders should be given to me privately on Smogon or Discord before each specified deadline. I will resolve and display orders using a master map on Backstabbr, which will be publicly displayed in the game thread and Discord server.
  • Spring and Fall order phases will last for 48 hours each after the previous results have been posted in the game thread. Retreat and build phases will last for 24 hours each. If players feel this timetable moves too fast, retreats/builds may be extended to 48 hours.
  • If you submit orders that are invalid/impossible somehow (for example, if you ordered an army from Munich to Greece for some reason), I will point this out and give you an opportunity to correct it or keep it as is. Invalid orders will be treated as if no order was given at all.
  • If you miss multiple phases of orders in a row, I will sub you out or find you a partner if you don't have one already, depending on your preference.
  • Private communication is key to success in Diplomacy, but I want to keep it centralized in one place for an easier postgame (and maybe spectator) experience. Therefore, joining the game Discord is mandatory for players: https://discord.gg/mRMXhShstB. There will still be a game thread where players will also be free to post.
  • You are not allowed to screenshot or copy-paste chat logs for use outside of your own slot-mates. If I catch someone doing this, they will be warned and then subbed out if it happens again.
Extra clarifications:
  • This game will use rulebook press. This means players are NOT allowed to communicate during Winter/build phases.
  • The game will end when one player reaches 18 supply centers, when every Power still in the game agrees to a draw, or when the game has gone on until 1920. If the game goes to 1920, the game will end in a draw between all remaining Powers.

Player/Power list:
  1. sunny004 + NightEmerald, Royal Family of France
  2. Aura Guardian, Head Pizza Chef of Italy
  3. Blazade, Sultan of Turkey
  4. bluedoom + genisu, Archdukes of Austria
  5. saberslasher11 + Dead by Daylight, Chancellors of Germany
  6. Lechen + ionnss + bleahey, Oligarchs of Russia
  7. LonelyNess, Prime Minister of England
GMed by StupidFlandrs48, President of Switzerland

It is now Spring 1901. Powers have 48 hours to submit orders to me. I should have them before Saturday, April 20th at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

Last edited:

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
SPRING 1901 MOVES
As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, the mighty armies and navies of Europe begin to heat up as well! Neutral supply centers are ripe for the taking, and how they'll be divvied up between the Powers remains to be seen.
1713665013280.png

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
Germany now occupies Denmark
Austria now occupies Serbia
Turkey now occupies Bulgaria

It is now Fall 1901. Orders for this phase should be submitted to me by Monday, March 22nd, at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

EDIT: The OP has also been updated with a current version of the map, devoid of all the crazy arrows. I will update that separately every phase. I'll put it here as well:
1713665793224.png

Last edited:
SPRING 1901 MOVES
View attachment 626366
As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, the mighty armies and navies of Europe begin to heat up as well! Neutral supply centers are ripe for the taking, and how they'll be divvied up between the Powers remains to be seen.

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
Germany now occupies Denmark
Austria now occupies Serbia
Turkey now occupies Bulgaria

It is now Fall 1901. Orders for this phase should be submitted to me by Monday, March 22nd, at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

EDIT: The OP has also been updated with a current version of the map, devoid of all the crazy arrows. I will update that separately every phase.
Its April, you know

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
FALL 1901 MOVES
The scent of war is now fully in the air, as the Powers make a mad dash for critical supply centers before the winter build phase. The scale is still small for now, but more blood will soon be spilled when reinforcements arrive.
1713843369763.png

1713843756593.png

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES
England gains control of Norway (+1 build)
France gains control of Belgium and Portugal (+2 builds)
Germany gains control of Holland and Denmark (+2 builds)
Italy gains control of Tunis (+1 build)
Austria gains control of Serbia and Greece (+2 builds)
Turkey gains control of Bulgaria and Rumania (+2 builds)
Russia has gained no new supply centers, therefore it has 0 builds.

It is now Winter 1901. Builds should be submitted to me by Tuesday, April 23rd, at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

As a reminder, communication between Powers is strictly prohibited during build phases.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
WINTER 1901 BUILDS
Behind every great military power is a great industrial one, and this winter each country has really put their manufacturing skills to the test. What does this mean for the coming battles?
1713931271861.png

UNIT COMPOSITION CHANGES
England has build a Fleet at London
France has built an Army at Paris and Marseilles
Germany has built a Fleet in Kiel and an Army in Berlin
Italy has built a Fleet in Naples
Austria has built Armies in Trieste and Budapest
Turkey has built Fleets in Constantinople and Smyrna
Russia has built nothing

Because no Powers have lost supply centers yet, no one had to disband units!

It is now Spring 1902. Orders should be submitted to me by Thursday, April 26th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7). Communication between powers is once again allowed.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
SPRING 1902 MOVES
It's all-out war! Every Power but one got new toys for Christmas, and it's time to try 'em out! Russia and Italy find themselves in threatened positions, while England and Germany begin to flex their naval power and France is marching into Piedmont. Could they be positioning themselves for an attack on my precious Switzerland? I sure hope not!
1714105579793.png

1714105752474.png

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
England now occupies St. Petersburg
France now occupies Spain

It is now Fall 1902. Orders should be submitted to me by Saturday, April 28th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
FALL 1902 MOVES
Barely two years into the game and the map is already an absolute mess of arrows and troop movements! This is truly Diplomacy at its finest. Lots of supported moves this phase, including between two or more Powers; it really shows who likes cooperating with who, as well as who decided against it in one case. And for the first time in this war, one of the armies will have to face the ignominious prospect of a retreat! How ghastly!
1714275878235.png

Germany's Holland army has been dislodged. I need a retreat order from them before we can proceed with the rest of the update and the build phase. Dead by Daylight saberslasher11 you may choose to retreat to Kiel, or disband the unit.

As a reminder, communication between Powers is prohibited during this retreat phase.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
FALL 1902 MOVES, PART 2: RETREAT BOOGALOO
Germany has chosen to retreat to Kiel. Here is how the board stacks up now:
1714277160386.png

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
England gains control of Sweden and St. Petersburg (+2 builds)
France gains control of Spain and Holland (+2 build)
Germany loses control of Holland (+1 disband)
Russia loses control of St. Petersburg (+1 disband)

Italy, Austria, and Turkey have not taken or lost any supply centers, so they have a nice, relaxing Winter break ahead of them.

It is now Winter 1902. Build orders should be submitted to me by Sunday, April 28th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7). Communication between Powers is prohibited until the next update.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
WINTER 1902 BUILDS
Roses are red, LonelyNess is cringe... actually that's all I had to say, no poem to see here. The south looks set for more stalemate, but the North is experiencing some rapid changes to the balance of power! It's time to go back on the offensive!
1714363497336.png

UNIT COMPOSITION CHANGES
England has built an army in London and a fleet in Edinburgh
France has build an army in Paris and a fleet in Marseilles
Germany has disbanded an army in Berlin
Russia has disbanded a fleet in Gulf of Bothnia

It is now Spring 1903. Powers should submit orders to me by Tuesday, April 30th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7). Communication is now allowed again.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
SPRING 1903 MOVES
Another year, another war, and the south finally has fewer red arrows than the north this time! Great job, guys. Anyway, several home centers were at risk this phase; Russia and Austria beat back their threats with heads-up defensive maneuvering. Will they be able to repeat that in the fall? Meanwhile, Italy looks to be in some trouble after a daring convoy from Turkey!
1714536105255.png

1714536219150.png

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
Turkey now occupies Naples

It is now Fall 1903. Orders should be submitted to me by Thursday, May 2nd, at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)