RBTT Champion
zygarde-50.png
ferrothorn.png
rayquaza.png
groudon.png
marshadow.png
arceus.png

THE LIGHT ALWAYS GIVES WAY TO THE SHADOWS
In the middle of May, I Posted my first ever RMT, Shadows of the Inferno. I was an incomplete warrior with an incomplete RMT. Before I talk about this, we must learn how I found this team.

Around the end of May, I had created multiple teams with the force to beat my old one. However, this team was not one of them. It had lurked in my teambuilder since March, having only been used in three games, all of which I lost. At the same time as my teambuilder diversified, I fell out with my old team, feeling it wasn't very consistent and was a mark of my early teambuilding skills. (I have since improved this team.) This led me to using The Infinite Cosmos and falling in love with it. At the end of June, I had one of the worst and simultaneously best days on all my time on PS! Around an hour after I got haxed out of the Anything Goes Summer Seasonal, I peaked ladder with a 2010 Elo. It slightly redeemed the events that had taken place prior. My GXE at the time sat at a 92.0%, however I was able to improve this on alts, to the GXE listed in the title above. After i quit Showdown for two months, I returned, and found this team to be as great as it ever was. This team enabled me to make it to playoffs of the Anything Goes Ladder Tournament. So without further ado, here it is.

download.jpeg

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Rest
- Glare
Zygarde-Complete is absolutely the best physical walls in the tier, able to live plus 1 LO Adamant Dragon Ascent from Mega Rayquaza. Zygarde spreads paralysis, and is able to recover after transforming with rest, simultaneously giving it a pseudo-immunity to status. Thousand Arrows is one of the most effective moves in the game, hitting everything well for 90 Base power with STAB. Finally, haze is added so that Ekiller cannot set up on Zygarde, Mega Rayquaza cannot keep setting up after being glared, Marshadow with Bulk up cannot keep on boosting, and so Baton Pass has a much harder matchup vs. my team.

images.jpeg

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Toxic
Ferrothorn is among the best at stopping the ever present Supportceus, due to its incredible Grass-Steel typing. Ferrothorn is also the most reliable Primal Kyogre check, making it a very popular team option. Leech seed is for incredible chip, and also helps in the recovery department. since ferrothorn lacks a reliable move that heals it. Toxic is for increased pressure to mons that have reliable recovery and shrug off power whip. Power whip is for a very hard hitting STAB move coming from a base 94 attack. This also allows ferrothorn to break mgar, groundceus, normalceus, and pogre's subs, ending their chance at setting up on ferrothorn. Finally, protect is for extra turns of damage and healing, plus being able to scout scarf users.

download (1).jpeg

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Dragon Dance
Mega Rayquaza is without a doubt the best pokemon to ever be introduced. Ray acts as my first of two cleaners that benefit from status and the wearing down of threats to these two. Dragon Ascent is a necessary move to mega evolve, however, this certainly does not hinder rayquaza. Ascent does insane damage, over 50% to any non-resisted relevant pokemon. Extreme Speed is one of the best priority moves ever, a consistent 80 damage with Plus two priority is incredible. This move allows ray to revenge kill any faster threats, and eliminate pokemon that could potentially stop its sweep. V-create is chosen over Earthquake because it helps vs skarmory and celesteela, both threats to my team. Dragon Dance is a very solid setup move that enables Rayquaza to sweep weakened or underprepared teams.

download (3).jpeg

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Groudon is a fantastic pokemon to check a plethora of threats, including waterceus, fairceus, celesteela, ferrothorn, Xerneas, and primal Kyogre. Its versatility is relatively unmatched in the tier, making it very hard to cover all of its sets. Fire Punch is a reliable STAB option that hits many things hard. Precipice blades is a secondary option that is very hard to switch into over an extended period of time. Stealth Rock is an obligatory option on every good build because it chips everything on switchin. Toxic works well on defensive fairceus to cripple it, and allow you to get up rocks.

download (2).jpeg

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
Marshadow is most known for the killer of Swords Dance Arceus Forms. Marshadow also has unresisted STABs, making it one of the hardest pokemon to switch into in the metagame. I chose the bulk up marshadium Z set to break stall and perform late game sweeps. Spectral Thief is an amazing STAB option that steals boosts, shadow sneak is a nice priority option that's boosted by Technician, making it 60 Base Power. Close Combat is another staple on marshadow, a fighting type Dragon ascent that is hard to switch into efficiently. Bulk up is a nice boosting move that allows marshadow to tank some physical hits.

download (4).jpeg

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic
Arceus Fairy is undoubtedly the best support Arceus in the game, with a fantastic defensive typing and a good offensive one, too. Judgment is a super spammable STAB move, able to hit top tier threats such as Marshadow, Mega Rayquaza, and Yveltal. Defog gives you efficient hazard control. Recover allows for insane longevity, and toxic can beat other arceus', barring Steel and Poison forms.
Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Rest
- Glare

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Toxic

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Dragon Dance

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

BIGGEST THREATS: Calm Mind Ultra Necrozma will almost always get a kill, however you can pick it off with super effective shadow sneaks.
Special Biased Primal Groudon has no switchins, and must be beaten with chip, and taking advantage of its low speed tier.

While I have no proof of peak because of how salty I was, I can assure you that I DID accomplish this, and this team really does work.

ALTERNATIVE SETS/ POKEMON: Knock off, bullet seed/ confide over power whip on ferrothorn. Safety Goggles over Leftovers on Zygarde, Arceus Ground over Arceus Fairy, Substitute over Shadow sneak on Marshadow, Earthquake over V-Create on Rayquaza, Roar over Precipice Blades on Groudon.

I am MDB, Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)