2v2 LC Training Singles
Items: Training only
2 subs per Pokemon
0 chills / 0 recoveries
Standard ASB Arena
48 hour DQ​
Granny Pie's Team:

Ralts [Thrawn] (Male)
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art. There is satisfaction in defeating an enemy. But one must never allow oneself to become complacent. There are always more enemies to be identified, faced, and vanquished." Thrawn is one of the most mysterious Pokemon GP has ever encountered. One day, his Pokemon were having a picnic while he was out, and, while they were all 6 were either playing or hanging out, the picnic basket disappeared right from underneath their noses, with nobody noticing how, or even when, it disappeared. On a subsequent hunt, 3 search parties went out, consisting of Sonata and Abigail, Yosty and Scrappy, and Aurum and Coloratura. Aurum, Coloratura, Sonata, and Abigail on converged back in the clearing after a fruitless search, but Scrappy and Yosty never showed back up. Another search was initiated, and Scrappy and Yosty were both found knocked out in the middle of the woods, with no markings on either of them. Abigail and Sonata carried the two back, and all 6 converged on the clearing once more. Oddly enough, they found their picnic basket in the middle of the clearing, empty. Mystified, Aurum, Coloratura, Abigail, and Sonata carried Scrappy and Yosty back home, where GP had just gotten back from his work at the Lab. He Revived Scrappy and Yosty, but imagine everybody's surprise when as soon as Yosty's body became corporeal once more, a small, shiny Ralts came falling out of him! The Ralts immediately surrendered, unconditionally, even though nobody made any move to attack him. He introduced himself as Thrawn, and claimed to be an incredible tactician and fighter. Sonata became instantly interested in him, with her being a shiny Kirlia at the time, and his cool, calm, and calculating demeanor intrigued her in contrast to her impulsive, illogical style. Scrappy offered to help train Thrawn, but was a little skeptical when Thrawn refused him, claiming that his training would be on the battlefield. Overall, his very cool, and a little distant to all but Sonata. But most of all, he's intensely loyal to GP as a warrior, and what a warrior he is.
Types: Psychic/Fairy
Psychic: STAB; can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Fairy: The consecutive move usage penalty for using damaging Fairy-type moves is reduced to two (2) from four (4).
Abilities:
Synchronize (Passive) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and when inflicted by the major status ailments Burn, Poison, or Paralysis, will share their status condition with the opponent. Pokemon will not be inflicted by status conditions to which they are immune by virtue of typing, ability, etc.
Trace (Trigger) When entering into battle, this Pokemon can copy an ability on one of its opponents for 6 EN. This effect only triggers if the ability to be copied is specified when the Pokemon is sent out. When facing a pokemon with Trace, the Player sending out last must send out the pokemon without orders, in order to give the opponent the opportunity to trigger trace and any orders eventually given will be ignored until given the opportunity for trace to be triggered. The ability remains on the Pokemon for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced. Command: Activate Trace (target ability) - 5 En - Replace Trace with the target Ability for six (6) actions. When the copied ability fades, the user regains Trace.
Telepathy (Passive) (Hidden) (Locked) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple battles, which allows it to avoid taking damage from allied attacks that damage each foe or the entire field like Blizzard and Earthquake. They are still affected by an opponents spread damage attacks.
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 0 [-]
Def: 1
SpA: 3 [+]
SpD: 2
Spe: 40
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10
EC: 0/9
MC: 0
AC: 0/5
Attacks:
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Disarming Voice
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Draining Kiss
Calm Mind
Disable
Destiny Bond
Encore
Synchronoise
Confuse Ray
Taunt
Torment
Protect
Light Screen
Psyshock

Nohface [Ashi] (Female)
"We were made for one purpose: to kill! Our fate was sealed the day we were born!" Ashi was born and raised in a deep mountain, and cruelly trained daily to mold her and her sisters into the ultimate fighting and killing machines. But Ashi was... different. She was curious about the world outside of the mountain, and held a deep-set compassion for living things. These curiosities and compassions were all but metaphorically crushed out of her by her mother, and one day, Ashi and her sisters were ready to take their hate, and their pain, out on the one target they were bred to assasinate: GP. To this day, he still does not know who commissioned these girls to attack him, as he has many enemies out in the larger political world. Luckily, GP has his Pokemon and his own skill to protect him. But the Daughters came close. Closer than anybody ever had. GP still deeply regrets it, but when they attacked him in his sleep one night, and his Pokemon rushed to defend him, he and they were forced to slay these monsters bred for war, as nothing else could stop them. After the battle, Scrappy could still detect an aura of life from one of the Nohfaces, and it was Ashi that Scrappy, Aurum, and GP nursed back to life, despite her constant attempts of the opposite. Determined to show her the error of her ways, GP took her around with him on adventures, and showed her the beautiful world around him. It was on Full Moon Island when, at night, surrounded by stars, Ashi finally let go of her pain and hate, and chose to willingly follow GP throughout this world, growing and learning more every day. She has close affinities for both Scrappy and Aurum, as they were the ones most concerned with healing her, but she is also attracted to Coloratura's beauty and her happy outlook on life. She sees Sonata and Abigail as astray wanderers, and constantly works to try and show them the beauty and greatness of this world. There is really nobody Ashi does not get along with today, except for those who threaten the happiness of her friends.
Types: Ghost/Steel
Ghost: STAB; immune to the effects of full trapping moves and the Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, and Shadow Tag abilities. Ghost types can switch out while affected by a partial trapping move, but they will be damaged every action by their effect.
Steel: STAB; immune to Sandstorm damage, immune to Poison/Toxic status, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, making them susceptible to Poison-type attacks and Poison/Toxic Status.
Abilities:
Levitate (Passive) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit.
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 3 [+]
Def: 3
SpA: 0 [-]
SpD: 3
Spe: 10
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13
EC: 0/6
Attacks:
Scratch
Iron Defense
Lick
Metal Burst
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
Foul Play
Meteor Mash
Phantom Force
Flail
Yawn
Taunt
Protect
Gyro Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute

TMan87's team:

Solosis [Female] [Misha]
Types: Psychic

Abilities::
Overcoat / Magic Guard / Regenerator (H)

Nature: Relaxed (+1 Def, Speed ÷ 1.15, -10% Evasion)

Stats:
Atk: 2
Def: 3 (+)
SpA: 4
SpD: 2
Spe: 17 (-)

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Level Up
Psywave
Reflect
Rollout
Snatch
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Light Screen
Charm
Recover
Psyshock

Egg
Acid Armor
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Secret Power
Trick

TM/HM
Protect
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Trick Room

Budew [Female] [Manon]
Types: Grass/Poison

Abilities::
Natural Cure / Poison Point / Leaf Guard (H)

Nature: Timid (+15% Speed, +14% Accuracy, -1 Atk)

Stats:
Atk: 1 (-)
Def: 2
SpA: 2
SpD: 3
Spe: 64 (+)

EC: 2/9
AC: 2/5

Attacks:
Level Up
Absorb
Growth
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Worry Seed

Egg
Extrasensory
Giga Drain
Synthesis
Spikes
Sleep Powder

TM/HM
Toxic
Protect
Solar Beam
Substitute
Dazzling Gleam
Sludge Bomb
Sunny Day
Oh boy, we've got a real slobberknocker on our hands! In the red corner, everybody's favorite gunslinger, Granny Pie!!! If this 'ol Grandma's fully-automatic firearm doesn't send s-s-shivers down your spine, those spooooooooooky supernatural Pokemon will! And in the blue corner, our mysterious new challenger: TMan!!!! Don't let those Pokemons' button-eyed angel faces fool you; those critters pack some extraordinary powers!

Enough talk -- let's GOOOOO!!!11!

This round's beginning:
Granny Pie sends out and equips
TMan87 sends out, equips, and orders
Granny Pie orders
I ref​

Sending out Ashi the Nohface with an EXP share!
cap_7_6538-1.png

New warriors are always welcome among our ranks. I promise to give you a challenging battle to test your mettle among us.

Fun fact: Nohface's actual sprite is broken. I have to manually upload this one into every post I make, 'cause the one in the CAP sprites thread is dead. ._.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Well damn, my first real match and I'm against a Pokémon I know nothing of."
"Wahaha~! Knowledge is power, and power we shall acquire today!"
"Doesn't that dark thing wall both of you guys though?"
"Ugh, I swear if it's another battle where I'm useless I'll go find a forest to settle."
"Kalosian blood never yields! Misha, you're up!"
"Type advantage means nothing! The type chart is too complex for me anyway..."

Sending out Solosis @ Lucky Egg
Reflect | Shadow Ball | Acid Armor

IF you are Taunted then Psywave on the first and third actions
IF Metal Burst A2 AND you are not Taunted then Confuse Ray instead

(still getting around writing subs please let me know if one is illegal)

Is it just me, or is it ironic that a character, with one of her most common fanon interpretations being that she has cancer, is being represented here as a sentient cell, much like how cancer cells are described in the scientific community? Wahahaa~!
cap_7_6538-1.png

... The hell was all that?

I'll tell you when you're older.

Nohface:
Taunt --> Phantom Force --> Metal Burst

Last edited:

nightblitz42

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
What's this about cancer? I'm lost...

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: 100
EN: 100
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
Overcoat / Magic Guard | Lucky Egg
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13
A1

Solosis used Reflect!
Solosis erected a hardened barrier (6a)!
-9 EN (91 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (5a)

Nohface used Taunt!
Solosis fell for the Taunt (6a)!
-10 EN (90 EN remaining)

A2

Solosis used Shadow Ball!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 5/16): NO
Damage = (8+6-4.5)*1.5 = 14.25 damage (85.75 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 1/5 (rolled 4/5): NO
-6 EN (85 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (4a)
Taunt -> (5a)

Nohface used Phantom Force!
Nohface vanished!

Nohface emerged!
Damage = (9/2+3+4.5-4.5)*1.5 = 11.25 damage (78.75 HP remaining)
-11 EN (79 EN remaining)

A3

Solosis used Psywave!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 11/16): NO
Fixed damage = 10 damage (75.75 HP remaining)
-4 EN (81 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (3a)
Taunt -> (4a)

Nohface used Metal Burst!
Fixed damage = 10*1.25 = 12.5 damage (66.25 HP remaining)
EN cost = 6+(10/3)-1 = -5.33 EN (73.67 EN remaining)

Post-Round
Solosis' HP rounds down to 66.
Nohface's HP rounds up to 76.
Nohface's EN rounds up to 74.
It looks like our first face-off will be between the TMan's jelly blob and Grandma's floating ghost-slug. TMan87 seems a bit startled by his obscure opponent, but it's hard to tell -- I mean, he already looked pretty flustered from the get-go. Seriously, man, unless you've got some Pokemon data spreadsheets or something in that briefcase of yours you should've left it in the locker room before the battle started. Last thing we want is you spilling papers all over the arena.

Solosis kicks things off by creating a telekinetic barrier to ward off Physical attacks -- a prudent strategy. Nohface is only a split-second too slow to get a Taunt in, so she'll be struggling to damage her unicellular foe.

With defense taken care of, it's time to go on the offensive! Solosis shoots a ball of shadowy darkness. Nohface tries to slip right by the projectile with a Phantom Force, but once again she's just a tad bit too slow and gets grazed in the tail. Emerging from a shadow, she swiftly rams into the Solosis, although the damage is mitigated by Solosis' reflective barrier.

Here's where the Nohface changes up its strategy: twice it failed to pre-empt the Solosis' actions, so this time instead it lies still and waits. Clearly it's planning some mischief, but what? Solosis' best course of action would be to wait cautiously, of course, but she's still mad about the Taunt from earlier so she's looking to deal some hurt. As it turns out, that's exactly what Nohface was waiting for. Her billowy fur shimmers with a metallic sheen, and the damage Nohface receives bounces right back off it towards Solosis with extra strength.

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: 76
EN: 74
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: 66
EN: 81
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13

This round's mechanics:
Granny Pie orders
TMan87 orders
I ref​

cap_7_6538-1.png

Clearly, patience is the answer to our solution.

Nohface:
Metal Burst --> Phantom Force --> Metal Burst
IF Solosis is to use a damaging Ghost-type combo A2, THEN use Metal Burst A2 and Phantom Force A3.

TMan87

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wait what? Cancer? I thought she was more widely believed to have ADHD. That's... rather dark.
"I-it's okay, I got the info I need right there!"
"Attack the thing!"
"...Aren't Psychic-types supposed to be intelligent or something?"

HP Fighting | Shadow Ball | HP Fighting
"Hey! That will do nothing to her!"
"Yeah, that's kinda the point."

nightblitz42

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: 76
EN: 74
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: 66
EN: 81
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13
A1

Solosis used Hidden Power (Fighting)!
It had no effect!
-4 EN (77 EN remainign)
Reflect -> (2a)
Taunt -> (3a)

But it failed!
-9 EN (65 EN remaining)

A2

Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 8/16): NO
Damage = (8+6-4.5)*1.5 = 14.25 damage (61.75 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 1/5 (rolled 1/5): YES
Nohface's SpD was lowered 1 stage!
-6 EN (71 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (1a)
Taunt -> (2a)

Nohface disappeared!

Nohface reappeared!
Damage = (9/2+3+4.5-4.5)*1.5 = 11.25 damage (54.75 HP remaining)
-11 EN (54 EN remaining)

A3

Solosis used Hidden Power (Fighting)!
But it had no effect!
-4 EN (67 EN remaining)
Solosis' Reflect wore off!
Taunt -> (1a)

But it failed!
-5 EN (49 EN remaining)

Post-Round
Solosis' HP rounds up to 55.
Nohface's HP rounds up to 62.
Nohface keeps her defensive stance, confident that her foe is too riled up to do anything but attack. And attack she does! Solosis fires a pulse of orange energy at Nohface, who makes no attempt to dodge it. This could be bad for Solosis... but what's this? The attack passed right through Nohface without touching her! She looks just as surprised as I am! Is Solosis teasing her?

This just won't do. Nohface drops her Metal Burst and rushes in aggressively, hoping to elicit an attack from Solosis. They trade hits respectably. And when Nohface prepares to reflect the next attack, Solosis fires another meaningless orange energy ball.

The message is clear: just Taunting alone won't be enough to incapacitate Solosis, especially with her quick-witted Trainer guiding her. However, perhaps new opportunities will arise now that the pesky Reflect from earlier has dissipated.

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: 62
EN: 49
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: 55
EN: 67
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13

This round's charade:
TMan87 orders
Granny Pie orders
I ref​

TMan87

"Who would've known not inflicting damage would have been the best course of action?"
"Told ya, the type chart is too complex for me! That's my strength! Wahaha~!"

"Pretty sure that won't work twice though, our opponent is smart. That SpD drop might be our chance though..."

Shadow Ball | Psychic | Shadow Ball

IF Metal Burst, then use HP Fighting that action instead
IF Ashi (which btw is a ridiculously cute name) uses Substitute, AND you are not Taunted, then use Snatch and push back actions.

Yes, ADHD is the prevalent theory, but the cancer theory does hold a lot of merit.
Hm! It appears your opponent has more tricks up her sleeve than we would have previously believed, Ashi. We have a strapping strategist on the other side of the arena!
Thrawn's gonna like her.
cap_7_6538-1.png

Quite true.
However! I said I would present you with a challenge. If brute force can defeat strategy, then so be it!

Nohface:
Phantom Force --> Yawn --> Phantom Force

Last edited:

nightblitz42

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: 62
EN: 49
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: 55
EN: 67
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13
A1

Damage = (8+6-4.5)*1.5 +2 = 16.25 damage (45.75 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 1/5 (rolled 4/5): NO
-6 EN (61 EN remaining)
Solosis' Taunt wore off!

Nohface disappeared/reappeared!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 10/16): NO
Damage = (9+3+4.5-4.5)*1.5 = 18 damage (37 HP remaining)
-11 EN (38 EN remaining)

A2

Solosis used Psychic!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 14/16): NO
Damage = (6+3+3+6-4.5)/1.5 +2 = 11 damage (34.75 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 1/10 (rolled 10/10): NO
-5.5 EN (55.5 EN remaining)

Nohface used Yawn!
Solosis became Drowsy!
-7 EN (31 EN remaining)

A2

Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 1/16): CRIT!
Damage = (8+3+6-4.5)*1.5 +2 = 20.75 damage (14 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 1/5 (rolled 1/5): YES!
Nohface's SpD was lowered another stage to -2!
-6 EN (49.5 EN remaining)

Nohface vanished/manifested!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 16/16): NO
Damage = (9+3+4.5-4.5)*1.5 = 18 damage (19 HP remaining)
-11 EN (20 EN remaining)

Post-Round
Solosis' EN rounds up to 50.
It looks like we've got another ordinary start to this round: Solosis launches a purplish blob of darkness, and Nohface retaliates with a dimension-warping Phantom Force. But next, Solosis decides to mix things up with a telekenetic attack. Nohface finds herself floating slowly up into the air, only to be launched down towards the ground with intense speed! Although not the most effective form of attack against a Steel-Type, this move still deals decent damage.

Nohface seems noticeably unperturbed -- so much so that she languidly stretches her spine and lets out a huge, exaggerated Yawn. Then, something extraordinary happens. Whether on purpose or by sheer luck, Solosis' Shadow Ball flies straight into Nohface's yawning mouth and gets stuck in her throat! The Nohface leaps about, hacking and coughing, convulsing and shivering, and eventually spits out the distressing blob. She counterattacks with another Phantom Force, but after it's all said and done the damage that last attack did to Nohface -- both physically and mentally -- puts her at a clear disadvantage.

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: 14
EN: 20
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: 19
EN: 50
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13

This round's serendipity:
Granny Pie orders
TMan87 orders
I ref​

cap_7_6538-1.png

Good night. :)

Nohface:
Protect --> Shadow Sneak --> Shadow Sneak
IF Solosis is to use Reflect A1, THEN initiate action string Phantom Force --> Shadow Sneak --> Shadow Sneak.
IF Solosis is to use Acid Armor A1, THEN initiate action string Shadow Sneak --> Shadow Sneak --> Shadow Sneak.

TMan87

"Our actions may doom us right now, but they will ease the life of those to come after we fall."
"Uhhhhhh... I don't feel too good..."

Reflect | Charm | Shadow Ball

nightblitz42

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
EN: 20
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: 19
EN: 50
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13
A1

Solosis used Reflect!
Solosis put up a reflective paling of light (6a)!
-9 EN (41 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (5a)

Nohface evanesced/rematerialized!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 16/16): NO
Damage = (9/2+3+4.5-4.5)*1.5 = 11.25 damage (7.75 HP remaining)
-15 EN (5 EN remaining)

Solosis fell Asleep!
Long duration = 1/3 (rolled 2/3): NO
Solosis is Asleep (1a)!

A2

Nohface used Shadow Sneak!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 12/16): NO
Damage = (4/2+3+4.5-4.5)*1.5 = 7.5 damage (0.25 HP remaining)
Solosis' HP rounds down to 0 (KO)!
-3 EN (2 EN remaining)

Post-Round
Nohface's SpD change decays to -1SpD.
All we're looking for is one solid hit to knock out either fighter here! However, instead of attacking, Solosis opts for the safer approach: putting up another defensive barrier. That way even if Nohface manages to knock out the little goo-blob, the incoming Budew will have a nifty shield. Nohface responds with yet another Phantom Force -- why bother changing a strategy that works?

It's Solosis' turn to attack. With high speed and a low-HP opponent, the ball is totally in her court. But astonishingly -- and at the worst possible time -- she decides to take a nap! It's inexplicable! Downright outrageous! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure we're all tired here (I saw that Nohface yawning earlier, and just thinking about it makes me pretty darn sleepy too right about now), but you don't see
me sleeping on the job, do you? Didn't... (yawn) think so...

So anyways, we've got that nonsense going on. Meanwhile, Nohface quietly creeps up on her sleeping victim, intending to finish her off with muh...minimal... uh, h...hassllleeeee........

(zzz...)

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
EN: 2
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Psychic (F)
HP: KO
EN: KO
2/3/4/2/17 | 1/1/13

This round's retaliation:
TMan87 sends out, equips, and orders
Granny Pie orders
I doze off ref​

TMan87

"The stage is all set!"
"Here comes the star!"

Sending out Budew @ Exp. Share

Protect | Spikes | Growth

nightblitz42

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
EN: 2
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Grass/Poison (F)
Natural Cure / Poison Point | Exp. Share
1/2/2/3/64 | 1/1/13
A1

Budew used Protect!
Budew is keeping its guard!
Reflect -> (4a)

Nohface faded/emerged!
Nohface slipped right through Budew's Protect!
Damage = (9/2+3+4.5-4.5) = 7.5 damage (82.5 HP remaining)
Protect EN cost = -7 EN (93 EN remaining)
-11 EN (KO!)

Post-Round
Budew's HP rounds down to 82.
Zzzzz...

zz--! Oh shoot, what did I miss? Looks like Solosis is gone (predictably), and taking her place is Manon the Budew! Nohface lunges her full body towards the little Bud Pokemon. Doesn't make it to her, though -- not only does she smack into Solosis' lingering Reflect, but Budew puts up a hardened Protective barrier of her own. The shadowy ghost-mon crumbles under the force of the impact. Ouch! Looks like that's the end of the road for this fighter.

...What's this?! Nohface's foggy body slips right through Budew's Protect! Regardless, the exertion is too much for the weary Nohface to handle. She flops down on the ground, completely exhausted and utterly incapable of fighting.

On to the next matchup!

Ghost/Steel (F)
Levitate | Exp. Share
HP: KO
EN: KO
3/3/0/3/10 | 1/3/13

Grass/Poison (F)
HP: 82
EN: 93
1/2/2/3/64 | 1/1/13

This round's awakening:
Granny Pie sends out, equips, and orders
TMan87 orders
I ref​

Last edited:
Sending out Thrawn the Ralts with a Lucky Egg!

I've heard tale about you, Mr. TMan. I've been told that I am expected to form a bond with you over your stratagerial merit. However, this truth yet remains to be seen. Pray you don't underestimate me.

Ralts:
[Trace: Natural Cure] Psyshock --> Light Screen --> Psyshock
IF Budew is to use a damaging Poison-type combo, THEN use Teleport (Evasive), and push back.
IF Budew is under P/E, THEN use Calm Mind, and push back.

TMan87

"And here I thought Psyshock was affected by Reflect. Oops."
"Ha! Look at Mr. Skilled Strategist over here!"
"Cut me some slack, will ya? Here are your orders anyway."

Sludge Bomb | Sleep Powder | Substitute [20]

Last edited:

nightblitz42

Psychic/Fairy (M)
Synchronize / Trace | Lucky Egg
0/1/3/2/40 | 1/1/10

Grass/Poison (F)
HP: 82
EN: 93
1/2/2/3/64 | 1/1/13
Pre-Round:
Ralts Traces Budew's Natural Cure (6a)!
-6 EN (94 EN remaining)

A1

Budew used Sludge Bomb!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 4/16): NO
Damage = (9+3+3-3)*1.5 = 18 damage (72 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 3/10 (rolled 9/10): NO
-6 EN (87 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (3a)

Ralts used Psyshock!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 14/16): NO
Damage = (8+3+4.5-3)*1.5 = 18.75 damage (63.25 HP remaining)
-5 EN (89 EN remaining)
Trace -> (5a)

A2

Budew used Sleep Powder!
Hit chance = (75+14)% = 89% (rolled 24/100): HIT
Long sleep duration chance = 1/3 (rolled 3/3): NO
Ralts fell Asleep (1a)!
-6 EN (81 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (2a)

Ralts is Asleep -> (0a)!
Trace -> (4a)

A3

Budew used Substitute (20HP)!
Budew created a decoy!
-15 HP (48.25 HP remaining)
-18 EN (63 EN remaining)
Reflect -> (1a)

Ralts woke up!
Ralts used Psyshock!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 8/16): NO
Damage = (8+3+4.5-3)*1.5 = 18.75 damage (1.5 Substitute HP remaining)
-5 EN (84 EN remaining)
Trace -> (3a)

Post-Round
Budew's HP rounds down to 48.
Budew's Substitute's HP rounds down to 1.
This round, Thrawn the Ralts (an alleged strategic genius) joins the stage! Budew spews a sphere of sticky sludge, smacking him squarely. When it's time to counter-attack, Ralts identifies the nature of Solosis' mysterious reflective barrier and launches an psychic wave that phases right through it without weakening! This barrier, which caused his colleague quite a bit of trouble, should provide no obstacle to this particular battler.

Budew and her trainer seem worried by this development. They quickly shift to a defensive strategy that is apparently intended to buy time. A cloud of suffocating spores erupts from Budew's unfolded leaves, putting Ralts softly to sleep.

Ralts wakes up. He wastes no time firing another rippling Psychic wave at his green foe. However, in his groggy, half-asleep state he mistakes Budew's Substitute Doll for the real deal.

Psychic/Fairy (M)
Synchronize / Natural Cure (3a) | Lucky Egg
HP: 72
EN: 84
0/1/3/2/40 | 1/1/10

Grass/Poison (F)
HP: 48
EN: 63
1/2/2/3/64 | 1/1/13
Status: OK, Substitute (1HP), Reflect (1a), +14% Accuracy, +1MC, 1KOC​

This round's conveyance:
TMan87 orders
Granny Pie orders
I ref​

TMan87

"Now's the time to think fast, because we need to close that HP gap."
"If it's a battle of strategies you want, then we'll be more than happy to deliver!"

Sludge Bomb | Solar Beam | Sludge Bomb
[ONCE] IF
Taunt then Growth
IF Light Screen AND you are not Taunted then Sleep Powder

nightblitz42

Psychic/Fairy (M)
Synchronize / Natural Cure (3a) | Lucky Egg
HP: 72
EN: 84
0/1/3/2/40 | 1/1/10

Grass/Poison (F)
EN: 63
1/2/2/3/64 | 1/1/13
Status: OK, Substitute (1HP), Reflect (1a), +14% Accuracy, +1MC, 1KOC​
A1

Budew used Growth!
Budew's Attack and Special Attack grew to +1 each!
-6 EN (57 EN remaining)
Budew's Reflect wore off!

Ralts used Taunt!
Budew fell for the Taunt (6a)!
-10 EN (74 EN remaining)
Trace -> (2a)

A2

Budew is gathering solar energy!

Ralts used Torment!
Budew is Tormented (6a)!
-10 EN (64 EN remaining)
Trace -> (1a)

Budew used Solar Beam!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 11/16): NO
Damage = (12+3+3-3) +2 = 17 damage (55 HP remaining)
-7 EN (50 EN remaining)
Taunt -> (5a)
Torment -> (5a)

A3

Budew is too agitated to use Sludge Bomb!
Budew used Struggle!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 6/16): NO
Damage = (5+1.5-1.5) +2 = 7 damage (48 HP remaining)
Recoil = .4*7 = -2.8 HP (45.2 HP remaining)
-5 EN (45 EN remaining)
Taunt -> (4a)
Torment -> (4a)

Ralts used Light Screen!
Ralts put up a paling of light (6a)!
-9 EN (55 EN remaining)
Ralts' Trace wore off!
Light Screen -> (5a)

Post-Round
Budew's HP rounds down to 45.
Budew bunkers down behind her decoy then spreads out her vine-like appendages in an attempt to gather sunlight. Ralts could easily blast away her flimsy Substitute Doll, but he instead mocks her for her cowardice. Budew peeks out from behind her cover to glare back indignantly -- the Ralts must have touched upon a sore spot.

Encouraged by his apparent success, the Ralts continues to belittle and berate his opponent. He points out all sorts of tiny strategic errors with last few moves Budew made and harshly criticizes her battle prowess. That's too much for the little Budew to take. In a fury, she unleashes a scalding beam of solar energy upon her tormentor. Then, leaping away from her cover, she tackles the Ralts to the ground while completely ignoring her bewildered trainer's orders! Little does she realize she's played right into her opponent's cunning strategy. Ralts capitalizes upon her opponent's recklessness by setting up a shimmering barrier of light that will surely dictate the flow of the match for the forseeable future.

Psychic/Fairy (M)
Synchronize / Trace | Lucky Egg
EN: 55
0/1/3/2/40 | 1/1/10

Grass/Poison (F)
HP: 45
EN: 45
1/2/2/3/64 | 1/1/13
Status: Substitute (1HP), Taunted (4a), Tormented (4a), +1Atk, +1SpA, +14% Accuracy, +1MC, 1KOC​

This round's maneuvers:
Granny Pie orders
TMan87 orders
I ref​

TMan87

"So that's how Torment works in this, huh."
"I don't really like where this is going, but there's no way I'll give up anyway!"

Sludge Bomb | Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb

(I can use the same attack non-consecutively in the same round, right?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)