The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure how I feel about the steelers letting Timmons go, but they probably know something I don't and I can only think of a single instance where a player left Pittsburgh and they had more success elsewhere. It'll probably work out for the best, as usual. I'll miss Timmons, he was always a great team player and at least he got a ring.

"Give players away to the Patriots." Man Belichick is overpaying on literally every move he's made so far. He clearly thinks Brady is old and needs the help.
I think Belichick is doing what he always does and is securing the players that'll fit best in their system. The Patriots had a zillion dollars in cap space and alot of draft picks so they had the flexibility to do all these deals.

Besides even if they didn't make these moves they were still far and away the favorites this year just by getting Gronk back.

Brady's arm was fine all the way until the Super Bowl where it was flakey
That was probably the result of being pummeled by the Falcons Dline and throwing 62 times.

i like the Jags moves, as far as you can like FA $igning$.

i don't really understand why they let Beechum walk and traded for Albert though.

Well I guess I don't dislike the Niners moves so far, so that's good. Hoyer will be a decent bridge QB and at least good enough to hold down the fort until a much better prospect shows up in one of these drafts or Cousins is freed next year. I mean, with Shanahan in tow, Hoyer did help lead the lowly Browns to 6-3 at one point some seasons ago, so at the very least he's window dressing until a better prospect shows up. Then if he's injured...well, maybe Barkley will pan out? Niners will still draft a QB somewhere in the lower rounds this year, but at least they (hopefully, dead god) aren't going to sink their #2 pick on one of these lousy looking QBs this year. Then we have Garcon to help with the lack of good WRs, a few defensive signings, so decent baby steps towards getting competitive at least. I'd be surprised if they managed a winning record this year, but 4-12 or better is at least viable.

Eddie Lacy is a great sign compared to AP (even with a discount). Jamaal Charles is still visiting too. The line is going to be improved (even slightly is a step in the right direction), so the offense can start getting back on track. Were still not ready for a workhorse yet, so we'll do a committee again (hope they don't get injured). Just draft that cornerback and shift in some more pass rushers and backup safeties and we're good to go.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I think you're underestimating how bad that offensive line is. Even a 50% increase in play would make it far and away the worst OLine in the nfl. You basically have people who they found at a local Buffalo Wild Wings playing because they get a years worth of vouchers. None of those guys should be NFL players you need to replace all of them before you start thinking about being "good to go".

I think you're underestimating how bad that offensive line is. Even a 50% increase in play would make it far and away the worst OLine in the nfl. You basically have people who they found at a local Buffalo Wild Wings playing because they get a years worth of vouchers. None of those guys should be NFL players you need to replace all of them before you start thinking about being "good to go".
I'm from Seattle. Our motto is "our o-line sucks." What I'm getting at is with another season past, the line is a little less young and our "brilliant" line coach will work his laboratory mumbo jumbo. I said it'll be improved, meaning they're hopefully getting new tackles to start. Whatever they do, we'll be a step up from the previous season.

Healthy QB, RBs, and Earl Thomas. I'm down as fuck for September.

Looks like the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas, move was approved 31-1 by owners, only opposed by the Dolphins. Really sucks for Raiders fans that it took so long for their team to get back to relevancy, and then the team decides to move. The only silver lining is that they won't move immediately, so fans can still enjoy a good football product for a few more years.

It's also going to get hard to get used to saying Las Vegas Raiders, kinda like how it's weird to say Los Angeles Chargers.

Is there a real viable reason as to why the NFL decided to ban leaping over the line to block field goals? They say it's for "player safety" but c'mon. No one ever gets hurt on an attempt of blocking a field goal and that means this can't happen anymore:
And doesn't the NFL want higher ratings from more shocking wins?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think johnny and kaepernick should both be back ups / starters on bad teams if mark sanchez is still in the league

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The leaping rule is great for the NFL because it gives them something to use as a political prop for the appearance of being about player safety without doing literally anything for the safety of their players. Roger Goodell's commisionership legacy is straight up "How do I remove individuality/star power from the NFL? And also how do I mitigate the blowback of its horrible safety conditions without actually making the game any safer." Every single move he has made has been about this.

He needs to be removed holy fuck I want the nfl to be fun again and I want the players to not have to deal with degenerative brain conditions and other severe avoidable medical problems later in life.

With the new rule, Denver never beats the Saints last year. That's ridiculous. Players already can't celebrate, now they are trying to cut down on physically incredible feats. Next, they'll forbid a running back from hurdling an opponent. After that, no tackles will be allowed.

cuz hes better than most (if not all) of these shitty backups that have been signed/have a job.
For once, I agree with Pretzels. Kaepernick doesn't have a job but Mark Sanchez does. Let that sink in. A QB that started in the Super Bowl 4 years ago doesn't have a job but a QB that did this does:
EDIT: Alright I understand Kaepernick has regressed since the 49ers were in the Super Bowl but he was, is and will always be > Sanchez and Kaep never raped, drugged, assaulted or laid his hands on a woman either. He just took a knee which is disrespectful but shouldn't keep him jobless

Last edited:

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sanchez' contract is probably a small percentage of what Kaepernik would cost. On top of that the media just makes a huge deal out of it. I assume the fact that he brings media attention and drama with him plays into the whole thing, but I don't really buy the whole “Kaep is being blackballed“ thing for now since he is defo not the qb you want starting for your franchise and he probably costs an unreasonable amount as a backup (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)