The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady didn't come back from shit, other than as a strict matter of fact, game was 100% Falcons to lose. That game doesn't do much for me with regard to his all-time standing, the 4th already kinda forced me to bump him above Manning and a meh performance that ended up with the Falcons melting down for him still doesn't put him above Montana for me. And regarding football as a whole, not just QBs, I wouldn't dismiss Jerry Rice either. Brady's a hell of a competitor though and it's certainly inarguable at this point that he's had the most successful career THANKS ZEBRAIKEN ZEBSTRIKA.

I'm still taking Manning over Brady to start my hypothetical franchise because he basically doubles as my offensive coordinator.

actually tbh I'd take belichick #1
Jerry Rice or Randy Moss?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WaterBomb is feeling good right now, I bet.
Eh, his attitude still worries me a lot. I've never been a fan of having the "highest paid x in the league" because the expectations are always impossibly high. I don't think he's going to match his recent production with BB beginning his old age decline, and his tendency to pout and sulk when other people get touchdowns instead of him turns me off. For better or worse, though, he's certainly earned this contract.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Brandon Marshall just signed a 2 year deal with the Giants.

I guess i want to be excited but its hard to tell how itll really play out. Also almost no cap space left and they need tackles real bad

all the giants need is a good QB

Also pats replacing bennett with Dwayne allen

Was really bad last year (gotta keep in mind that he was playing for a cursed franchise) but looked like an ascending player before his injury.

I'll take him at 6 million over Bennett at 9

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
o7

also I missed the question before but lol randy moss is a fucking quitter he isn't fit to hold jerry rice's jockstrap fuck moss

or even the pictured man here

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Omg the Browns traded for assweiler I actually feel sorry for their fans. It's like there's some secret deal under the table where they intentionally suck but get paid a ton of money for it

They had to pay someone, since they were close to the Cap floor with 102 M of free cap. Also, if they find any suitor, he can basically have brought them a second and a third picks for around 8 M (since the Browns will pay half his salary if someone wants him)

The Browns are definitely offering the Patriots the motherload of picks for Jimmy G but Belichick won't trade because hes so damn handsome

LOOK AT THAT SMILE

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Lukewarm take that is apparently scorching hot here. The Browns new front office is actually good and know what the hell theyre doing. With 100 million in space they bought a second round pick for 16 mil. And they're looking to flip Osweiler for more picks and are even willing to eat half his contract for it.

Meanwhile they lock up one of the best Guards in free agency and they're basically looking to rival what the Cowboys and Raiders have done with their all star OLines. They signed Kenny Britt who has been ridiculously good for all of his career despite being on bad teams. They also fleeced the Patriots for the best damn inside linebacker in the game last year.

They were aiming for Tyrod Taylor but ultimately Taylor stuck out in Buffalo. If they pick up someone like Colin Kaepernick man they could look like something else next year.

Basically I'm on the Browns Bandwagon. Come join me and be enlightened and await the glorious rapture of their 7-9 season next year.

Side note: the browns have not expressed interest in Jimmy Garappolo. Probably because he is not a good QB.

Can someone kindly explain to me what reason the Patriots could possibly have for not trading Jimmy G. Same situation as Cousins minus the volitlity, he will be gone next year no questions asked unless Brady retires AND the Pats pony up a lot of dough for him anyway. I don't get it

Can someone kindly explain to me what reason the Patriots could possibly have for not trading Jimmy G. Same situation as Cousins minus the volitlity, he will be gone next year no questions asked unless Brady retires AND the Pats pony up a lot of dough for him anyway. I don't get it
clearly you missed my previous post

Also the pats got Kony 2012 from the panthers who everyone thinks (wrongly) is good because of his superbowl against denver

Last edited:
The NFL and co can stop complaining about how the Pats are the Pats and their system is too good blah blah.. if they let shit happen and just give players away to them what do they expect. The system is already solid enough.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
"Give players away to the Patriots." Man Belichick is overpaying on literally every move he's made so far. He clearly thinks Brady is old and needs the help.

It's something I've been thinking about, we saw Drew Brees's arm fade out from under him near the end of the season for a weeks there and Brady's arm was fine all the way until the Super Bowl where it was flakey, but he skipped the first four weeks. I wonder that a full season might end up showing more wear and tear on him next season and that we'll finally see the Old Brady that's been predicted for years.

Also Pretzels I know the Jimmy G take is fuego my lukewarm take was the Browns are under good management rn which all the AFC North relics itt are v much in denial over. I for one am looking forward to the AFC North overlords of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)