The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a little over a month until the draft, any predictions? Or ,better yet, is anyone going to make mock drafts? I know next to nothing about the prospects since I don't watch NCAA football but I'm interested to see how these picks pan into the season

Browns GM Ray Farmer suspended for 4 games due to the texting scandal. GG Browns
EDIT: The Falcons lose their 2016 fifth round pick because of pumping fake crowd noise at home games. /me slow claps

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh NFL.com is doing one of their bracketology poll things to determine the "greatest NFL game of all time" current matchup is Super Bowl XIII vs Super Bowl XLIX and XLIX is ACTUALLY WINNING. This is kind of like when people only listen to music that has come out within the last year and think it's the best ever without listening to old stuff. Yikes

Ugh NFL.com is doing one of their bracketology poll things to determine the "greatest NFL game of all time" current matchup is Super Bowl XIII vs Super Bowl XLIX and XLIX is ACTUALLY WINNING. This is kind of like when people only listen to music that has come out within the last year and think it's the best ever without listening to old stuff. Yikes
Well tbh XLIX was pretty good. Very close throughout. I still think XLII was the best tho

Not asking to troll, but was the Ravens vs Pats game this post season on there by any chance?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People seem to equate "interception in endzone on final play" with "crazy ending" for some reason. Super Bowl XLIX was in the "crazy endings" category and, to get to this stage, had to get past the Immaculate Reception. How in the name of all that is holy is the ending to SB XLIX crazier than the Immaculate Reception???

People seem to equate "interception in endzone on final play" with "crazy ending" for some reason. Super Bowl XLIX was in the "crazy endings" category and, to get to this stage, had to get past the Immaculate Reception. How in the name of all that is holy is the ending to SB XLIX crazier than the Immaculate Reception???
Not my personal opinion, but two possible reasons could be:
1) The now infamous play call and it was "crazy" that they didn't hand it off.
2) The fact that the odds of the pass getting intercepted were >1% based off every other goal line pass attempted throughout the season.

Plus the fact that it's more recent in the mind, and there could be some ignorant people who say "I never saw the IR, so I'll go with the Butler interception"

EDIT: The Falcons lose their 2016 fifth round pick because of pumping fake crowd noise at home games.
how does everyone else feel about this? I'm a biased dirty birds fan, but considering none of the front office (presumably, if the stories are to be believed) had knowledge of it, and the responsible parties in management have been fired, I'd say a 5th round pick and a fine is fair. A lot of people are saying it was too lenient, probably thanks to the loads of fearmongering reports that they were going to lose a "top" draft pick, but I don't see how you can levy any larger of a punishment on an organization where the higher-ups were apparently innocent and completely compliant with the investigation.

it's also nice to see that they made it a 2016 pick, because the investigation took so dayumn long.

how does everyone else feel about this? I'm a biased dirty birds fan, but considering none of the front office (presumably, if the stories are to be believed) had knowledge of it, and the responsible parties in management have been fired, I'd say a 5th round pick and a fine is fair. A lot of people are saying it was too lenient, probably thanks to the loads of fearmongering reports that they were going to lose a "top" draft pick, but I don't see how you can levy any larger of a punishment on an organization where the higher-ups were apparently innocent and completely compliant with the investigation.

it's also nice to see that they made it a 2016 pick, because the investigation took so dayumn long.
Who cares about the Falcons cheating? If it's not the Patriots or the Saints then no one gives a crap about cheating.
In all seriousness though, I agree with this. Losing a first would've been kinda harsh. A fifth is fine.
Also, no one talking about TextGate? Oh yeah it's the forgotten team AKA the Cleveland Browns. Whoops almost forgot!

Eh both punishments are basically slap on the hands. 5th rounder, eh, the lower down you go in rounds the more hit/miss they become anyways, so it's not a huge loss for the Falcons. Farmer misses 4 weeks of pay (and it's not like his guidance will be that missed in the first 4 weeks), yet he still makes oodles more than your average joe, so he'll have to hold off on building that swimming pool I guess or the new car. The fines to both teams are largely irrelevant considering how much they all rake in.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Eh I wish the penalty on the Falcons was a bit harsher because I'm a rules stickler, but a fifth is fine. If the NFL has so many rules about competitive balance they should come down hard on violators, especially since they fine the hell out of players who don't wear their socks at the correct height. Yeah yeah it's a false comparison but eliminating cheating, however minor, is best accomplished with harsh penalties for violations. Surprised the Browns didn't lose a draft pick for Textgate, but Farmer losing four games is reasonably tough. Surprised the people he was texting didn't get hit as well.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Why, exactly, is texting during the game even a bad thing? Is the GM not allowed to communicate with his subordinates during a game or something? Does it have to be through "approved" channels/methods? I mean really who the fuck cares.

also superb owl 34 is the best (and also 27, 28, and 30 ehehehe)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE

No no see you misunderstood the ruling... The punishment for the crowd noise was a loss of a draft pick for The Falcons and a $350,000 fine to The Patriots.

That's why it's being called lenient. People wanted a larger fine.

Also good joke about the length of the investigation... I liked it. Quality.

Oh God...This makes me scared as a half-Bengals fan. They signed Demarius Moore of the Oakland Raiders. This worries me because he's a former Raider so I have my doubts. Can anyone confirm if he's shit or not? CPrime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)