The Best of C&C

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are a lot of useful threads, applets, calculators etc posted in Contributions & Corrections. Unfortuantely, not all of these things are appropriate to be put on-site. So, rather than let them die and become for all practical purposes deleted I quickly gathered some of these and made a nice little index to keep track of these useful guides / applets that aren't appropriate for the site, but are still helpful to our users. Seemed to me there is no sense in these helpful resources falling out of public view when they could be helpful to our userbase.

I simply felt these resources were too useful to let die in the pages on C&C so here they are posted to draw attention (PS: This does not give you permission to bump them with posts like "cool app.")

If you know of anything cool / useful / helpful guides / apps / threads posted in C&C, but isn't appropriate to be put on-site, that I didn't include (likely I missed a few since I just skimmed through the pages), post the link here. I'll take a look at it and if I consider if useful enough I'll add it to index.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most of them are applets / calculators. Those can't really go "on-site" to my knowledge, the intent was to give a reference for those things which have been useful but can't really fit on the site or aren't "good enough" but are still useful and the intent was to make them available so someone wouldn't have to dig back 3 pages to find it.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Except you link to stuff like BK's "Battle Tower" guide, which is already in HTML and ready to be put on the site if it isn't already.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
For that specific case, considering BK is site staff I assumed there was a reason it wasn't put on site. However, it still looked fine to me and useful so I placed it here. If you want me to put it up I can do that.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You have probably thought of this before, and have a very good reason not to, but why not have a page on site with links to a page for each of these (with an explanation of how to use/screen shots/download link)?

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The reason the Battling Tower guide was never put on site was because I had also added on existing data available and thrown together this, and I wasn't 100% sure that the site layout would allow for stretching at smaller resolutions at the time. That, and I also wanted to make the whole thing sortable like the Pokemon on the Dex are.

It all needs to be updated now if it's ever going to be put on-site though - I'll have to look at doing that at some point.

This can replace How To Become Pro At Chaining. Thanks for adding that in the first place, by the way, you probably saved me a few exasperating PMs.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey all.

So I updated the much needed-to-be-updated OP with some of the cool stuff that popped up in Projects over the past few months. Since we currently don't have anywhere onsite to put them, and really nowhere to showcase all the hard work these people put into these projects, I've added them to the OP.

Hopefully everybody hasn't forgotten about this thread. There are some really cool stuff in the OP. You should definitely check it out!

Also, don't forget about our Projects forum. There are a bunch of old projects where the OPs have long since left that could use some updating. If you find a project you are interested on working on, let us know and we'll be sure to give you a chance to work on it!

2 things I noticed -

• The link provided for the ''how accurately can you tell damage in each gen'' article by obi leads to an invalid thread.
  • Honko's recent damage calc [The Honkalculator] should be added to this list as well, as it sure is a highly useful tool.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to recommend this damage calculator that I've been using for about a year now.
luungoc2005's Generation 5 Damage Calculator
It hasn't been updated in a while, but most of the necessary sets are in it. Also, it has a really nice interface. I know it isn't "a C&C project", but it should definitely be on the list. Also, if you right click on the "Defender" or "Attacker" labels on top of each Pokemon box, you can import PO sets and export sets to PO format. Implementing stat boosts is also a breeze, as is anything not legal. Wonder Room, Critical Hit, Multiple Targets, and No Immunity can also be accounted for. Gender, Level, Status, Weight, Happiness, and HP Percent can all be changed. Flash Fire, Me First, Helping Hand, and Metronome counter may be accounted on the offensive side. As far as defensive options, hazards, screens, Mud Sport, and Water Sport can be accounted for.
252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Chandelure: 81.68% - 96.56%
2 hits to KO

Possible HP Damage: 214, 217, 220, 222, 225, 228, 229, 232, 235, 237, 240, 243, 244, 247, 250, 253
You will also get a neat little description that says the possible HP damage and relevant investment and stat boosts of each Pokemon. Weather is also an option to set.

Reverse calculations are also easy to make. Moves and abilities may be filtered out. You can even change the base stats of each Pokemon to screw around. This is much easier than implementing types into the old calculator. Many targets for one attack may be chosen, and multiple specific defensive and offensive calculations can be made. Also, calculating stats of Pokemon quickly is very easy. You can also make up moves if you want to, even though other calculators can do it, it is easier to do. Also, you can right-click and install the calculator straight to your computer. The last neat little quirk is that you have a coverage calculator where you can pair the types of four moves together and see what coverage they get together.

Sorry for the kind of long post, and I know this isn't C&C work, but this calculator should have a link. Cheers!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Until it's actually hosted on Smogon or posted in C&C it "can't" go in the best of C&C, since none of our contributors actually made it. You can put it in your sig or whatever to "advertise" it though (mostly because I have no way of accurately accrediting it to the creator).

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Until it's actually hosted on Smogon or posted in C&C it "can't" go in the best of C&C, since none of our contributors actually made it. You can put it in your sig or whatever to "advertise" it though (mostly because I have no way of accurately accrediting it to the creator).
This user: luungoc2005 That's the creator.

Oglemi

Borf
Then he needs to post in Projects in C&C or here himself to confirm that he is the creator. I believe you, but I don't want to go off and give credit to someone who doesn't deserve it.

TM01 Hone Claws
TM02 Dragon Claw
TM03 Psyshock
TM04 Calm Mind
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM08 Bulk Up
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM19 Roost
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam
TM23 Smack Down
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM35 Flamethrower
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM38 Fire Blast
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM43 Flame Charge
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM47 Low Sweep
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM50 Overheat
TM51 Steel Wing
TM52 Focus Blast
TM53 Energy Ball
TM54 False Swipe
TM55 Scald
TM56 Fling
TM57 Charge Beam
TM58 Sky Drop
TM59 Incinerate
TM60 Quash
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM62 Acrobatics
TM63 Embargo
TM64 Explosion
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM67 Retaliate
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM70 Flash
TM71 Stone Edge
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM75 Swords Dance
TM76 Struggle Bug
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM79 Frost Breath
TM80 Rock Slide
TM81 X-Scissor
TM82 Dragon Tail
TM83 Infestation
TM84 Poison Jab
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM91 Flash Cannon
TM92 Trick Room
TM93 Wild Charge
TM94 Rock Smash
TM95 Snarl
TM96 Nature Power
TM97 Dark Pulse
TM98 Power-Up Punch
TM99 Dazzling Gleam
TM100 Confide
HM01 Cut
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength
HM05 Waterfall

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)