The Battle Spot Forum's Official 3v3 Tournament [Round 2!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
An undeserved win:
Memoria won 1-0 over Impact
....... Spoiler; don't watch the battle video unless you want to see a desperate man (me) fishing for crits:
W43W-WWWW-WW3S-88Z9
Best of luck Impact.
Confirming, gg

hope this game will make you consider the tour to be bo3, Hulavuta :P

Flat rules doesnt restrict mons to pentagon like battle spot does. But yeah they shouldnt be using nonpentagon mons in this tour.
OK but I thought it was stated on the tournament rules. I'm very restricted teambuilding wise because of that (have very few pentagon legends but a ton of past RNGed ones) and don't think it's fair for some to actually follow them (the rules) while some aren't

OK but I thought it was stated on the tournament rules. I'm very restricted teambuilding wise because of that (have very few pentagon legends but a ton of past RNGed ones) and don't think it's fair for some to actually follow them (the rules) while some aren't
There is nothing in that replay where he is breaking any rules though as far as we know. No illegal ball, illegal moveset, or illegal pokemon. If say, the suicune was in a cherish ball or was using sheer cold, it'd be a different story. All legends used in that battle could very well be pentagon.

There is nothing in that replay where he is breaking any rules though as far as we know. No illegal ball, illegal moveset, or illegal pokemon. If say, the suicune was in a cherish ball or was using sheer cold, it'd be a different story. All legends used in that battle could very well be pentagon.
I'm aware, but the chances of that are pretty slim, don't you agree? Unless we are talking about imperfect IVs

tagging Hulavuta

Last edited:

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Aw man, that was bolded in the sign-ups, round one and in this thread..

If I knew people were using RNG abused Pokémon, that would've saved me a lot of breeding.

Were you guys playing with flat rules?? I mean, shiny pentagon Terrakion and shiny pentagon Suicune??? Hmmmmm.....
Yes we were playing with flat rules. They are pentagon and they do pass the battle spot hack check. Meaning that they are legal and everything(moves, ball, and evs). You can mock battle them and I assure you none of them have hidden power fighting :p. Just cause they are shiny doesn't mean that they gave me any unfair advantage. If you look at some vgc players at actual vgc events by game freak(nationals and worlds), people are using shiny pentagon legends all the time.

Look I don't want to accuse anyone but I kinda have to agree with Buckert and Locoghoul. The chance of getting a 6IV Non-Shiny Legend in Gen 6 w/ good nature is 1/65,536 or (0.000015%). The chance of encountering a 6IV Good Natured Shiny Legend is 1/536,870,912 or (0.0000000019%). They might be 5 iv and have a bad nature but still, the chances are pretty slim..

Look I don't want to accuse anyone but I kinda have to agree with Buckert and Locoghoul. The chance of getting a 6IV Non-Shiny Legend in Gen 6 w/ good nature is 1/65,536 or (0.000015%). The chance of encountering a 6IV Good Natured Shiny Legend is 1/536,870,912 or (0.0000000019%). They might be 5 iv and have a bad nature but still, the chances are pretty slim..
Nobody at all has said they were 6 iv or even up to 31 in every stat though. cant say used a shiny heatran in one of his games and nobody said a word. we cant just assume a mon is hacked without any proof

Nobody at all has said they were 6 iv or even up to 31 in every stat though. cant say used a shiny heatran in one of his games and nobody said a word. we cant just assume a mon is hacked without any proof
Yeah that's true, my bad for not realizing that. I'm just really against hacked mons because of all the hard work people like theorymon go through soft resetting for these legends. But yeah sorry Impact and Memoria.

Yes we were playing with flat rules. They are pentagon and they do pass the battle spot hack check. Meaning that they are legal and everything(moves, ball, and evs).
that still doesn't imply they aren't hacked/powersaved mons...

Just cause they are shiny doesn't mean that they gave me any unfair advantage. If you look at some vgc players at actual vgc events by game freak(nationals and worlds), people are using shiny pentagon legends all the time.
Yes they do. This is the wifi subforum. Most people here breed, soft reset and RNG their own mons or trade for them (please check the WiFi subforum rules). In a tourney where pentagon rules were in effect, that means RNG is out of the equation. I'd say most of us here were under the assumption that no hacks were going to be used. This gives people that just powersave any pokemon an immediate advantage over others who aren't since I'm not gonna have enough time/luck to get myself a flawless Bold Suicune (shiny or not) in time for this.

True, but after subtly asking (and now not so subtly) he didn't deny it. Check the above quotes, we got the typical "it doesn't matter guys, I'm not using illegal IVs, movesets, it's the same" answer. Still not hearing from Hulavuta ...

Finally, if people wish to not "waste time" breeding or soft resetting then why play on cart on the first place?? Showdown or other sims might be more appealing since you can change anything pretty fast without spending $$ on a 3DS, an ORAS cart AND a Powersave device. Doesn't make much sense to me.

that still doesn't imply they aren't hacked/powersaved mons...

Yes they do. This is the wifi subforum. Most people here breed, soft reset and RNG their own mons or trade for them (please check the WiFi subforum rules). In a tourney where pentagon rules were in effect, that means RNG is out of the equation. I'd say most of us here were under the assumption that no hacks were going to be used. This gives people that just powersave any pokemon an immediate advantage over others who aren't since I'm not gonna have enough time/luck to get myself a flawless Bold Suicune (shiny or not) in time for this.

Finally, if people wish to not "waste time" breeding or soft resetting then why play on cart on the first place?? Showdown or other sims might be more appealing since you can change anything pretty fast without spending $$ on a 3DS, an ORAS cart AND a Powersave device. Doesn't make much sense to me.
I don't even own a powersave lol. Do you not see all of the posts I make of asking people to help clone for me. I don't get why you are accusing me of hacking. Mock battle my game and use transform to check the ivs yourself.

I don't even own a powersave lol. Do you not see all of the posts I make of asking people to help clone for me. I don't get why you are accusing me of hacking.
Could you tell us how/where did you get those pokemon then (Terrakion and Suicune) and stop avoiding the very direct question?
[inb4 showdown wifi room or reddit] <- CALLED IT

YA OK I'M DONE HERE (nuggetbridge lol)

Last edited:
Could you tell us how/where did you get those pokemon then (Terrakion and Suicune) and stop avoiding the very direct question?
[inb4 showdown wifi room or reddit]
nuggetbridge and showdown wifi room. (I asked and they told me they were legit and since I could get on battle spot with them I assumed so)

nuggutbridge and showdown wifi room. (I asked and they told me they were legit and since I could get on battle spot with them I assumed so)
Can you please tell me the name of the person who traded it to you in the showdown room so we can add him to the ban list? Shiny pentagon legends are strictly banned there.

Can you please tell me the name of the person who traded it to you in the showdown room so we can add him to the ban list? Shiny pentagon legends are strictly banned there.
Someone that goes by the name of Juoi something. I think I still have his FC.
Likewise, I would never trade these mons, just battle.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey whoa guys let's all chill out for a second.

Hulavuta is in class at the moment so he can't comment until later, but I thought I'd jump in before this gets out of hand.

It is explicitly against Wi-Fi's rules to use hacks and/or talk about them. If someone is found out to be using them that will land them on the Wi-Fi blacklist and unable to compete in Wi-Fi tournaments anymore. I'm sure everyone here is familiar with that so they aren't going to risk it.

If everything on the Pokemon appears legal then we can't do anything about it, and it's a job for the Wi-Fi mods to take care of if people still have an issue. Of course, using shiny legends in-battle is pretty suspicious (albeit possible to attain), the best way to avoid confrontation is to just not use them in places like this unless you can prove that they are legit. Getting them from wondertrade / random sources (nugget bridge is notorious for this stuff) is an immediate red flag.

Can we please not use this thread as a witch hunt? It's just gonna get ugly. If you guys have an issue then please either PM Hulavuta and/or myself, or a Wi-Fi mod.

Tagging Mizuhime .com

Oh yeah and my Heatran was legit, it's in my trade thread for everyone to see and is terrible lol.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
at internship right now will look further into this when i get home. Remind me on irc plz

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty guys, sorry it took a while; I have been quite busy today (my family's flight last night did not allow them to board so they had to stay with me for another day) and I wanted to take some time to think things through before making a decision. As cant say said, I was in class for the bulk of this argument so I missed most of it.

I just want to say even though "no hacks" wasn't explicitly stated, it is something we considered to be understood by everyone, considering it is A: against the Wi-Fi forum rules, B: against the Battle Spot forum rules, and C: discouraged by Nintendo/Game Freak themselves. And while it's true hacking inside legal limits does not give you a direct advantage in battle, it does make your teams much easier to obtain and is very dishonest. If it is really a problem though, I guess I'll just put it in the rules in the next round.

I hope this doesn't make anyone think "oh well since people are hacking anyway, I might as well do it too." We still encourage everyone to be using legal teams and just hold themselves to a certain standard of honesty and sportsmanship.

As for whether or not Impact did hack, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and consider him innocent until proven guilty. I'll leave it to the knowledgeable Wi-Fi mods to figure out and then make a decision based on their investigation. If anyone thinks they have something to add to it, message them, don't post it here. Hell, we all know it is rough to have everyone on your case in public, so just give him a fair chance.

The good news is that he lost anyway, so this shouldn't cause too much of a delay in the tournament. Here's what we'll do for now:

Since the winner of Shad0wBlazze and Night Fallen Wolf would fight Impact, I'll give them a two day extension to get their battle done while Impact's being checked out (NFW if you still wanna drop out I'll just give the win to Shad0w in two days). Aside from that, I'm also giving Mattapod the activity win over PumpedAaron.

Round 2 will be going up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)