Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. windows 10
  2. vivaldi 1.11.917.39 (chrome variant)
  3. firefox and chromium, both also have this problem
  4. since ~may, but since i usually never touch other servers i assumed it was due to people cramming into the smogon tournament server
  5. 2manynames
  6. any server that isn't the official smogon university server never connects. there's no error or anything, i just get stuck at this screen, and it never progresses past that. i can connect to them through my phone, so i know it's specifically my computer causing it, but idk why it would only fail to connect to other servers when the main server connects just fine.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
  1. windows 10
  2. vivaldi 1.11.917.39 (chrome variant)
  3. firefox and chromium, both also have this problem
  4. since ~may, but since i usually never touch other servers i assumed it was due to people cramming into the smogon tournament server
  5. 2manynames
  6. any server that isn't the official smogon university server never connects. there's no error or anything, i just get stuck at this screen, and it never progresses past that. i can connect to them through my phone, so i know it's specifically my computer causing it, but idk why it would only fail to connect to other servers when the main server connects just fine.
While it also happens depending on your network, one cause might be the fact that your pc tries to join these server with https://, which won't work. Make sure to have http:// and that could possibly solve your issue.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
  1. Operating system: IOS 10.3.3
  2. Web Browser: Safari
  3. Other Browsers?: Haven't tested on any others, can test on Chrome if it'll help
  4. When did this problem start?: Within the last week
  5. PS username: Fanyfan
  6. Problem: When I select a format, it'll bring me to random battle again, and when I press it again, it has the right format, but it loads up random team and doesn't let me change it, making me reload the page and try again. Earlier in the week, it only took 2-3 tries to be able to play the format I want, but tonight I tried it 10 times and it still wasn't working. Pls help.

• Chrome OS (chromebook)
  • Chrome
  • No
  • When I got this chromebook
  • AceGaimzYT
  • Always says "You have been disconnected..." and when I click reconnect, it doesn't work. Can I download it for the chromebook or is it blocked?

I've heard several people talk about the "disconnect every few minutes" issue, but I don't personally have that problem (I think most people don't), so I don't know how to fix it.

I've heard that it's only been happening since the DDoS attacks, but since then, there've been no changes likely to cause it.

I think I'm going to need someone who does experience it to help test.

When you see the "Disconnected" menu, instead of hitting "Reconnect", open the developer console. In most browsers, this is F12. If that don't work, try Opt+Cmd+I or Ctrl+Shift+I.

Assuming Chrome, in the bottom right, you should see red circle next to a number: http://d.pr/i/vDgF

Click the number, and it should show an error message. Tell me the error message.

If there's no red circle, that's going to make things a lot harder to fix. :/

ok my error message is
"Failed to load resource: the server sim2.psim.us/showdown/802/zht5caad/xhr_send?t=1507404634315 responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)"

Operating System: Chrome OS
Web Browser: Chrome
When did this problem start?: Since I connected recently for the first time in a while
Problem: Okay, so I have an issue where whenever I go to play.pokemonshowdown.com, I get a message that says "Couldn't connect to server!". This is most likely because of my WiFi connection's firewall, but I would appreciate some insight on how to manually fix the problem. It may be caused because my WiFi connection uses a filtering software to restrict certain websites, but it normally is supposed to restrict connection to the website, not the server.

My network administrator is willing to try and fix the problem, but he does not know how.

Additionally, I know that my operating system is not the problem, due to the fact that none of the computers connected to my WiFi connection are able to connect to the Showdown servers.

I have an issue with the downloaded version of Pokemon Showdown. It used to always give notifications whenever I was in a tournament and someone would challenge me. It would give notifications for anything related to battles and tournaments, really. Now, for some reason, my computer no longer does so. I keep losing tournaments when I don't notice I've been challenged. I use Windows 10. Is there a way to bring back the desktop notifications?

Hi, I attempted to create a Dark-type monotype team, but was told my team "didn't share a type"

I tried removing the Protean Greninja to determine whether that was the issue, but I was still getting the validation issue afterwards.

Weavile @ Red Card
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Beat Up
- Taunt
- Protect

Greninja
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Spiritomb @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Ominous Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hydreigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Power of Alchemy
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak

Last edited by a moderator:

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Hi, I attempted to create a Dark-type monotype team, but was told my team "didn't share a type"

I tried removing the Protean Greninja to determine whether that was the issue, but I was still getting the validation issue afterwards.

Weavile @ Red Card
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Beat Up
- Taunt
- Protect

Greninja
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Spiritomb @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Ominous Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hydreigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Power of Alchemy
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
Mega gyarados can’t be used on dark monotype because it doesn’t have dark type before mega-ing if I understand this right. You'll have to replace the gyara

1. Android
  2. Chrome
  3. Firefox
  4. Last night
  5. Aemonstark
  6. Lets me connect to the server but constantly disconnects aftwards, during matches, teambuilder etc. Tried both http and https but not luck.

Windows 10
Browser is Google Chrome
Ive tried using Microsoft Edge, got the same results.
Problem started last night, incidentally after I beat someone in a private match and they said they'd hack me, which is funny because Im not sure if thats what this is.
Username: JimmyBraddock
Whenever I try to load showdown, it repeatedly tells me I can't connect with the server. I was able to log in once prior to that, but it told me I had a banned IP for having the same IP as guest118 or something like that, and that the reason for ban was having the username JimmyBraddock, which makes no sense, it's not an obscene nickname or anything.

inactive

In a Movie Scene~
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Windows 10
Browser is Google Chrome
Problem started last night, incidentally after I beat someone in a private match and they said they'd hack me, which is funny because Im not sure if thats what this is.
Whenever I try to load showdown, it repeatedly tells me I can't connect with the server. I was able to log in once prior to that, but it told me I had a banned IP for having the same IP as guest118 or something like that, and that the reason for ban was having the username JimmyBraddock, which makes no sense, it's not an obscene nickname or anything.
The server is down because of technical issues, nothing to do with your username as far as i know

Windows 10
Browser is Google Chrome
I had the same issue and is resolved now. I believe the issue was with the server.

ios 11.2.1
Safari (iPad)
It does not work on safari or chrome
The problem started December 19th
Thefinaldal3k
It won’t let me get on every time I go to the website it shows up that I have to go to https or work offline or reconnect I’ll have three bars and go to reconnect and it still won’t let me on.

Vnc

formerly Vinpa
Operating system
Windows 10
Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
Google Chrome
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
I've a problem on the software version and not on the browser version.
When did this problem start?
When I imported more than 10k teams
Your PS username
Drop Stone
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
I can't use my team builder anymore. It doesn't show anything else to me, but these sentences:
lol zarel this is a horrible teambuilder
that's because we're not done loading it...

I tried a lot of things such as CCleaner cookies clearing, unistall the game software version and so on, but anything changed.

Thanks in advance.

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome (63.0.3239.132)
3. Same issue in Opera
4. It's been a problem for as long as I've been on Showdown
5. chartung17
6. I've lost dozens of battles due to being disconnected but not being notified that I was disconnected. Obviously I can't ask you to fix my Wifi, but if Showdown alerted me every time I was disconnected, as soon as I was disconnected, that would give me time to reload the page and/or open the battle on my phone without losing to the timer.

I use the Android app because I don't have home internet, but the same thing happens when trying to use the web version from both Samsung Internet and Chrome. Everything is the latest version.

Since this morning I haven't been able to get into a battle. It loads up just fine but has a popup message (news message on the web version) that says "The ladder is temporarily disabled due to technical difficulties - you will not receive ladder difficulties for this game." It doesn't matter which game format I'm trying to use. And when a battle is found, the field is empty, both teams are empty, the battle log is empty, and there's nothing to do except forfeit.

The very first battle this happened to seemed like major lag; it took several minutes for the game to recognise that myself and the person I was against had selected Pokemon or moves. The timer didn't count down for either of us either. After quitting, every battle has been as described in the paragraph above.

I tried reinstalling, clearing cache, etc, and nothing, so there's no way less an issue on my end.

I can't find any news about maintenance and it seems like other people are using it fine, so what is going on?

PS: On a side note, my avatar always resets to a default Diamond/Pearl avatar every single time I load the game, yet the PC app has my selected avatar always whenever I get the chance to use it. What gives?

Screenshot_20180118-181604.png

Hello, I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

Browser: Chrome (V 64.0.3282.119).
other browser: I tried Edge and the problem didn't appeared.
When started: 4-5 days ago (I don't remember exactly when)
Username: memele
problem:
When I play, during battle the games freezes a lot. If I click an attack, it will freeze and after a while the image will change to the next turn (I can see what happened in the log but not in the image). Doesn't happen all the turns, but happens a lot. If I try to check a pokemon stats/move it would display very late or not at all. In double battle, after clicking in the attack, the enemy selection freezes too, I need to wait a while for it to show.
It happens more in double fight than in single ones, but in general it happen in almost all my fights.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Browser: Chrome (V 64.0.3282.140).
Other browser: Mozilla and IE, neither worked
When started: I havent been able to log there with this PC since late December, but I never truly needed it before - with Smogon Tours close by, best to try to find a solution.
Username: Mr. Perry
Problem: I'm not able to connect into smogtours even tho I can connect into PS! (the main server) just fine. This is my spare PC and I am carrying it a lot lately but idk where to go to fix this issue.

Browser: Chrome
Other browser: Mozilla and Showdown for Windows
When started: Since I use my new computer
Username: TheLeechGrave
Problem: can some1 help me with a issue i have?: the "disconnect every few minutes" issue. I have a message every 2 minutes "you have been disconnected"

Browser: Google Chrome
Other browser: I've tried this in the PS program, Google Chrome, and on Internet Explorer.
When started: A few months ago
Username: Soupergameboy
Problem: I receive an error message "Couldn't connect to server!" every time I try to get on PS even without logging in.

Last edited:
Other browser: Internet Explorer and it seemed to work there
When started: Today
Username:
Braken20
Problem: I can't see the list of pokemons in teambuilders, icons are gone and i can't see the ability list and move list

Other browser: Internet Explorer, but the problem did not happen here.
When started: Today
Username: CallMeJJok3R
Problem: Every time I search for a battle it put the game under my games tab like this but doesn't put me in the game. Anytime I try clicking on it to join the game or try to join any other games, my page reloads & freezes. It doesn't want to load the game. I'm able to talk in chats and team build. But just can't join/view/play games. I've talked to the help room and they have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 9)